Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Nov 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Nov 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 6

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2016 :  08:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy - praying... sending you a pm

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2016 :  2:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, it is good to have you back with us. You take care of yourself as well.

hugs and love

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2016 :  08:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

Gorgeous day in way Northeast NY. I hope you are all doing well. Always a pleasure to catch up on the forum.

The holidays are quickly approaching. Goodness times fly. Before you know it, Christmas will be right around the corner! But for now, let us concentrate on Thanksgiving and all that we are grateful! There truly is so much to be thankful. If we take a look at our life, we will become aware of our many blessings.

Not much going on here. I've been busy getting together with friends. I fell so blessed to have such beautiful friends. Tonight is another of those nights! So much to be thankful!

Enjoy the day everyone! Everyday is a blessing! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Nov 18 2016 08:35:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2016 :  12:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful Fall day yesterday! Temp. in the low 70's breezy,the wind would just rain down leaves of gold and orange and Lily June and I were squealing with delight and trying to catch them!
I'm getting over a cold and sinus, but got to grocery today and got my Turkey and most of my ingredients, just a short list on Tuesday on my way to Dr. appointment. I will be living in the kitchen all of Wednesday and Thursday morning! Excited this year for Lily June to be older and enjoy it more and to see family from Colorado and Las Vegas also!
Connie-Killarney
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August 2014.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2016 :  2:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We may have a freeze this weekend. We were close to 80 yesterday, and are descending into the lower temps. Yesterday the south wind was blowing the pecans from t h e trees. Today the north wind is doing the same. We got some lunch in town, ate in the park and I got out with my trusty rolling pecan gathering device and quickly filled it twice.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2016 :  2:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TexasGran

We may have a freeze this weekend. We were close to 80 yesterday, and are descending into the lower temps. Yesterday the south wind was blowing the pecans from t h e trees. Today the north wind is doing the same. We got some lunch in town, ate in the park and I got out with my trusty rolling pecan gathering device and quickly filled it twice. Yesterday I did the same thing at the job site where my son is building a new tri plex. If I keep on we may have some to eat as well as cook with through out the winter

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2016 :  4:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, Oh how wonderful to have Pecan trees!! Storm just came thru here and dropped the temp, 20 degrees! Hailing and raining and windy! High of 56 tomorrow and it was 80 today!!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2016 :  4:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our police dept put out a freeze warning for tomorrow night.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2016 :  7:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I hope not. My allergies have me down, and I have lots of bulbs and blue bonnet seeds that still need planting.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2016 :  7:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wish I had pecan trees, too. Lots of uses for pecans.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2016 :  7:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was pretty here yesterday, but today we have had some fierce winds and supposed to have rain all week.
Don't like the winds much.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2016 :  09:20:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well we went from mid 60's yesterday to 30s today. We keep having the power go off just long enough to mess things up. Clocks, the stove,etc. The woodstove is roaring today almost as much as the wind.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2016 :  4:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it was nice for me to go to Church this morning and then to Church in Loleta for Thanksgiving dinner, and then up to the school to finish some work and feed a teacher's fish. The gold fish gets really excited when they know food is coming.
It rained pretty hard off and on today since I have been home.

Have a good evening.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2016 :  7:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a great day Darlene..
We don't have but one good pecan tree and it did not produce well this year. But our city park was built around
A river so there are a lot of pecan trees there. I found one that tossed a lot down on Friday. I need to go into town in the morning and check it as well as the one at the job site. With this wind more havge probably fallen.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  7:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We ended up with some sleet yesterday. Nothing major. No long term power outages. Keeping the stove going all the time as we are pretty much headed for the cold stuff now I believe. Working on my Christmas shopping list. Want to get that finished up soon. Not sure if we will be seeing the Ohio girls for their birthdays this year or not. Hard to tell what traveling out there will be like in December.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 21 2016 7:41:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  07:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today we are going to enjoy a quiet day at home. Sunday we tried a new church. The worship music was lead by the youth group, so we will see what it is like on a "normal" Sunday this next Sunday. Honestly we hope it it similar, as we thoroughly enjoyed it! It wasn't a big church, but was lovely just the same! The people were super friendly!!! The pastor preached the Word of God from Scripture, rather than focusing on a today problem and finding scriptures to "fit". He and his wife have eight children that they homeschool, so we felt right at home with that :) Yesterday we picked up some groceries and turned our "letters of intent with curriculum list" in to the board of education for homeschooling. So I'm looking forward to staying home today! Think I'll help the children work on their gifts for one another in between their school work. I always love how creative they are when it comes to deciding what to make one another for Christmas! My oldest made Aly (my three year old) a "paper" doll out of plastic canvas last year, so she is making her more clothing for the doll this year (out of plastic canvas). She is arm knitting blankets for her brothers' stuffed animals. Who would have thought of that other than another child?!?! I love it!!!

Usually on "Black Friday" we decorate for Christmas. Since we will not have our stuff until December 10th, it means no tree or any of our normal decorations until then... so instead, we are going to make paper chains and cinnamon applesauce ornaments that day. Does anyone have any other ideas??? I'm trying to think of things we might have already (really cannot afford to go buy much of anything!), and would love some ideas!!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  09:18:39 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One craft, and various media it could be made with, might be an Advent Calendar. Could make aq garland of small paper stockings that small candy cane or other small treat/surprise could be put into. They could take out one candy cane or surprise each day.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  11:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, Sounds like you are settling in :)! I love the ideas that your children come up with - what a special gift of love! When I was a kid, many long years ago living in New England, we would make popcorn and cranberry garland to hang on the tree as well as the paper chains. But cranberries were plentiful as they grew in the area we lived in, and still do.
Wishing all my farmgirl sisters a wonderful Thanksgiving. If traveling, please be extra safe out there!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  11:04:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I think it is great that your children make gifts for each other. Woven hearts from paper or felt might be fun.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  5:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are wonderful ideas! How fun for the children Shannon.

Have a good evening everyong.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  9:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need the fire today. We have snow and ice. My husband had back surgery last week and went back to the hospital with a hematoma. Our week has been awful. To add to it, I have a horrible cold. Guess we will be staying home for Thanksgiving. Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. Just needed to take one day at a time. I hope all of you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2016 :  01:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, I am sorry for your problems. Husbands and surgery means extra work on you. I will pray for both of you. God bless you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2016 :  06:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear about hubby's difficult post-op week, Hopefully you both can hunker down this weekend and get better. Sending some extra Farmgirl hugs to you!!

Shannon, it is wonderful to hear that things are humming along out in Wyoming as you get more settled! I hope your belongings arrive on time as I know many important items are needed for the family as well as the Christmas decorations that they children want to get put up.

I am working through a head cold and cough these days but nothing out of the ordinary. We desperately need some rain but the drier and cooler temps have been so welcomed. It is supposed to be up to 80 tomorrow and Friday so back to more Florida like weather for the holidays. It is weird to see all the Christmas trees now at the various tree lots around town. It has been so warm for so long down here that it seems weird that now it is Christmas time already. It is funny how I have this image in my mind that Christmas means cold and snowy with mittens and a fire in the fireplace. After living in Florida 43 years, you think I would have adjusted to reality of what Christmas is like down here!! LOL!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2016 :  06:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, I hope you and your hubby are both doing better today. Take care and don't overdo.
I wish I had a rocking chair to enjoy the day. It would be so nice.
Winnie, take care of that cold and cough, I think there is so many bugs in the air it is hard to get rid of those bad bugs.
Get a picture and put it on your wall or refrigerator of a good snow scene for Christmas. See it daily, maybe make a frame around it that looks like looking through a window at a snowy day. Just something funny.
Marilyn have a wonderful day!
Happy Day before Thanksgiving Eve Day everyone.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2016 :  08:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many Prayers Bonnie!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Nov 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page