Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Edging toward the front porch - May 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Edging toward the front porch - May 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 7

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  07:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

Always a pleasure to catch up. Seems everyone is busy with spring things!

Amy, enjoy your new wheels!

Brenda, looks like you made out like a bandit! lol

Ruth, hope all is well with the results!

Shannon, so sorry to read that your housing situation has not improved and that your health is not ideal. Here's hoping that things come together for you soon.

Not much going on here worth while talking about. The bathroom is coming together. We are waiting for the vanity counter top to come in. In the mean time, Pumpkin has decided to remove the carpet out of her bedroom and sand the wood floors. So far she has taken everything out of her room except her bed. The hallway is packed tightly. Not sure I like a dresser next to my sewing studio! lol She plans on taking the carpet out this weekend. I am not looking forward to the dust. On a positive note, I have not cleaned my house yet from the bathroom renos. So glad I decided to wait! What a job that's going to be!

Catch you later! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on May 19 2016 10:10:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  09:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carol
Sounds like you got your hands fuller than usual! I bet you may be tired but a happy tired to have Pumpkin there and wearing you out.
This way you can clean your house all at one time instead of in between things. I bet your bathroom is nice.

Have a good morning everyone!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  7:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone is always so very busy. Our front porch may actually be usable next week. It is used as a freezer in the winter . Half of it holds bonsai in the winter with a thermostat that won't let them freeze. In the spring and summer I actually use it as a porch. I am working on the annual report for Minnesota quilters. Our annual meeting is held during our huge quilt show in June. I will be glad when the report is done!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  3:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checking in today, and trying to get caught up on some things today. Had a rather large cookie order to get out by Friday. I did not know the lady wanted 150 till the very last minute. So a lot of baking and frosting going on in this house Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. But they were delivered Friday afternoon and boy was I glad. Graduation party, it's that time of year.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9592 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9592 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  4:50:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My goodness Sherry, that sounds like you've been busy. Working on my garden still . Try to get things planted in between the rain storms. We are working on the porch. Painting the floor and posts whenever we get a few dry days together. Can't wait to finish and get my furniture out. I've been looking at decorating ideas. Nothing fancy but want to make it comfy out there.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  5:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry, That is a bunch of cookies :)! I know they were happy with them!
Denise, I just love my front porch! We have a swing, a couple of rocking chairs and a little "Bistro set". I don't go out there as much as I should. It would be the perfect spot for our morning coffee and listen to our little waterfall in our pond. Monday morning we will go out and enjoy :)!
I had a good friend visit me today from Houston. We had a great day, visiting Nurseries, and then went to an Alpaca Farm, where the lady also makes lamp glass jewelry. I could have gotten into a lot of trouble there! She makes the most beautiful jewelry, as well as felted scarves, hats, etc all from her Alpaca. Got to meet the herd of Alpaca's as well! Three new babies, and three more moms in waiting! Great day! Hubby finished up at the Honey Bee Institute today. It was so good not having doctors appointments. He is feeling pretty good. Thankful for that.

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  10:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, it sounds like you had a very fun day with your friend. Is lamp glass made from a broken lamp?
I got a swap package from Sherry and it had some plastic canvas crosses and some quilling papers in it. I started stitching on a cross, they are little but will be pretty.

That was fun. and I have been going through craft books so may post some on the forum. I have so many.
It was a very rainy day most of the day but otherwise a good one.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  4:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, You can go to Holly's web page. Lasso the Moon Alpaca Farm. The glass beads are done on a rod, under fire, where she melts glass, and adds layers. Very interesting to watch her make them. Holly is sooooo talented! She does beautiful Nuno Felting (I want to take a class from her one of these days)! Her page says: Lardwork glass! Going to check that out :)!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  5:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a gorgeous day here in way Northeast of NY. Once I had finished with what needed to get done,I sat outside, and caught up on my magazines.

As I read Mary Janes Farm I came upon page 66 and saw my name in print!

How cool is that? I was so excited to read it that I let out a "Wooowhooo". I'm sure the neighbors didn't mind! lol

So, how was your weekend!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  6:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How fun is that! That is great Carole! You have good chickens!
Have a good evening.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 23 2016 :  10:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,

Presently 1:38 a.m. (yes, that's right. I just had to finish half a quilt before I head to bed) and thought I'd pop in before I hit the sack. We've had some gorgeous weather here.

In the renovation front, the bathroom is still not fully completed. We are waiting for the counter top to arrive. As if one room being renovated wasn't enough .... Pumpkin has decided to take the carpet out of her room and sand the floor. After lunch, we headed down to Plattsburgh to pick up the sander. By 3:30 both DH and Pumpkin were at it. That machine makes a lot of noise. By 9:00 p.m. they were done. Now I can say that I do not have any carpet in my house.

Aside from renovations and quilting, not much is going on. I do hope all is well with you all! Catch you later! Cheers!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - May 23 2016 :  10:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you have some quiet now and a clean floor. Maybe wall to wall is not the way to go. Any way have a good nights sleep an you got to work on your quilt, probably beautiful.
Hugs.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  6:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awfully quiet all of a sudden. I hope everyone is alright!

Went out to dinner with my friends - our monthly "Girls night out!" Always a treat! So what have you been up to?

Cheers!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on May 24 2016 6:12:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  10:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I went to Bible study tonight and we are discussing Revelations, very interesting.
Then I came home and there was this message on my phone from a Department of Legal Affairs from a Mike Wheeler,
so I went on line and checked to see if there was such a place and found that that number they gave me was a scam and that they are people that are calling people and saying they are from the IRS and making people pay from a debit or credit card or money order and getting your information. I reported everything that I had to Treasury Inspector General for the Tax Administration, so probably will hear from them sometime soon but am not deleting that message. Just thought I would let you all know what is going on and to be careful and if you don't feel good about something call ore look on line for that to see if it is a scam or not. I put in the phone number and the state with it on the scam site and the phone number and information came up about that right away. Be careful and be alert.
Take care out there
Blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  02:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene - thank goodness you thought to look it up! It amazes me, and obviously not in a good way, the length people will go to take advantage of other people :( Thank you for a heads up!

Things here are crazy busy! In fact, I have myself so stressed that I am now battling mastitis on top of everything else! This rental is back on the market, so showings start tomorrow. That means I have to have the house completely clean and showing ready until they have a contract signed. The scary thing is the carpet is pulling away from the tack strips, so we were told to put duct tape on them and that the carpets would be replaced after we leave. Come to find out, the owner doesn't have any intention of replacing the carpets after all, due to lack of funds! Who would want to rent a house for an astronomical amount (rent is going up!) when the house is in such bad shape!?!? We are also suppose to have a pool pass to use the community pool... The owner apparently has "outstanding issues" with the HOA, so they refuse to order a new one! I cannot imagine having to keep this house show ready for the next month! Not when I am trying to pack and still be a mommy as well!

Today Emi has physical therapy. She is sitting up really well now and scooting all over the place! She seems to be a much happier baby now that she can be mobile :) I think once she learns to get herself into the sitting position, she will enjoy that as well! After we get home from that, it is pack to packing the house! There is so much stuff! I keep reminding myself that there are nine of us, but Wowsers!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  05:38:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Packing this morning for a trip to Phoenix. I am not looking forward to leaving my 75 degree days for 95 degrees. But am looking forward to spending some time with my sister and her family and my mom. Take care everyone.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  06:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a safe and great visit.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  07:19:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I always enjoyed studying the bible. My favourite class was feminist hermeneutic with Dr Joseph. She would actually read the passage in it's original language and translate all the possible meanings. Do be careful with phone scams. They are so prevalent!

Shannon, so sorry read about this. Do take good care of yourself.

Julie, have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on May 25 2016 07:21:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9592 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9592 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  08:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Busy here, haven't had a chance to jump on here till now. Getting ready to have company for a week so getting everything caught up. Dealing with allergies and trying to get all the dust I can find evicted as my son in law and granddaughter have terrible issues as well. They put my granddaughter on a nebulizer and inhaler for it. Garden things, though put in late are starting to show up.
Had to separate one of the girls from the coop. They rest of them were pulling the feathers out of her head. She still has a few so I don't know whether they will come back or not. I put antibiotic on her so she would at least heal even if she ends up a little bald. She seems to like the attention and having a place of her own. We had a little dog house we built but no longer use so she is nestled all snug in there and has her own little cage covered yard. We shall see how well she'll heal. I don't have a rooster and don't know if that makes a difference in how then hens treat each other with pecking order and all.
Working on giving our porch a new look but so many other things seem to come first. My to do list gets extremely long in the nice weather months.
Hope everyone is enjoying some nice weather. We are expecting some gorgeous sunny days over the next few.
Will pop in when I can.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  09:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh poor little chicken! She will have a happy time now that she is away from the other not so nice ones.
It will be nice for you to have your company coming, but it must be tough with all the allergy problems.
isn't it neat to see the new little plants start popping up. So pretty.
We are having normal weather, sunny to foggy and cloudy to sunny later in the after noon. As long as I get some sun I am ok.
Thanks Carole that must have been a nice Bible Study
Shannon take care.

Well have a good day and Take care

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Edited by - darlenelovesart on May 25 2016 09:08:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  9:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think everyone just need prayers. That's what I am doing. God bless.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  05:45:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am jumping in here to catch up with everyone again. It is getting very busy around here with the transition into summer and family visiting increases. It is hot here andI am trying to adjust from the cooler weather of our trip to 90 degrees and humid. At least we have been having a few cooler mornings and that helps.

Take care everyone and enjoy the upcoming weekend!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9592 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9592 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  12:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The sun is shining which I am happy about, the allergies, not so much. They bring on such headaches. Cleaning house and setting up bedrooms. Lots to do. Looking forward to spending some much needed time with the grandgirls. Lots of reading goes on as well as cuddling and toddler kisses.
Felt good to have evicted all the little dust bunnies.
It is hot as well as sunny so the air is on.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  6:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

Denise, no fun when they start picking on one of the girls. I still haven't figured out how to deal with that. I read somewhere that it may be that they are bored. I can understand that in the winter time when they are cooped up but not in the summer. Sometimes it's just one mean girl that's the problem.

We had a bit of "excitement" in small town Champlain. There was a peacock hanging around our backyard flirting with our girls!

Meet Mr. Leopold

Handsome fella! What a flirt! lol So glad that Mr. Leopold and it's owner were reunited. Who would have thought that I would have a peacock in my backyard in way Northeastern NY? I even had a chance to pet him. I can strike that off my bucket list! lol

Catch you later! Cheers!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9592 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9592 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  7:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, he is pretty. My mom and dad used to have one that lived in their yard. He would roost up in the trees at night. He wasn't afraid of anyone. We didn't pet him but he would follow us around ocassionally. Hoping for another nice day tomorrow. Need to get some painting done.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Edging toward the front porch - May 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page