Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Edging towards the front porch - April 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Edging towards the front porch - April 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 5

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  1:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a beautiful card and memory of Portia, I remember her saying about going to Ecuador, she was excited about it.
She will be missed greatly by all!

So so sad!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9596 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9596 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  1:58:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Portia was such a sweetheart. I had done many swaps with her. I think so many will miss her terribly.
We traveled all day yesterday in rain and it made me even sadder as it was my sister's birthday. She would have been 67. Then I got on facebook and it was such a shock to see the post abut Portia. I still cannot believe it. She was emailing me quite often about her mother in law when that was going on. So sad for her family.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  2:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Such a tragedy! That beautiful card she made will be treasured forever. We just never know when our time on earth will be over. Love much and forgive always. I sure don't want to leave this Earth with family and friends wondering if they were loved by me.
I know Portia was loved by all who knew her, what a legacy to leave behind. We will see you again one day Portia.
Prayers for her family.

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9596 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9596 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  07:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very well put Ruth. She touched so many lives, sharing and showing love to all.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  10:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Amen, Denise.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  12:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was impressed by her kindness and patience when I asked questions. She was NEVER haughty or rude. I NEVER felt put down by her...instead I always had a smile after our "conversations". Sweet lady.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  12:40:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie posted a copy of a letter written to her from Portia during a swap. It is so sweet! Check it out on the main forum today.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  4:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No front porch for me! Brrrrr! Hope everyone is well.

Not much going on here. As I mentioned in another post, trying very hard to stay focused. So far so good! But let me tell you ...... squirrel ...... It's ain't easy sister!

So what are you all up to? What's going on in your world?

Catch you later!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  8:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our front porch is still covered in plastic and sheltering the bonsai. When the weather turns better they will go outside and we will have a porch to sit on.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  06:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning all, Beautiful morning here a little cool but it will warm up by the afternoon. Finished recovering some chair cushions yesterday for someone else and trying to clean out a bedroom that just caught everything when we were remolding the bathroom and when the water came and invaded my house. So not fun stuff, just stuff. But it needs to be taken care of. Hope you are have a fun day.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  08:58:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a good day no matter on the porch or not.
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  09:32:58 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Same to you, Darlene. Should be in the 70s here today. Hope to get out on the porch with a cup of tea or coffee.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  09:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
On Saturday I bought a reel-to-reel push mower for small mowing jobs. I'd been looking for one and found this one at a thrift shop in very good condition and at a good price. It looks almost new (someone probably got it and then didn't like having to push it. LOL!). It will be good for the grandkids to use - with supervision - too.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  12:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope your new mower works well. I bought a new one summer before last. It was pushed many miles last summer, by itty bitty Ramon, my son's worker, as he mowed this place. The riding mower had broken for good, finally. He mowed about three acres every two weeks all summer long. Finally my son bought a new riding mower. I think I have used my new mower three times.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  12:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're counting the days in my family until my daughter finishes grad school (41 days). This has been the toughest semester yet, so glad it's the last! She has 2 clinical rotations going at once, pediatrics and cardiology. Whew! Otherwise, I'm just trying to keep it all together and carve out a little time for myself here and there. Our weather has been nuts, warm one day and cold the next. Mom and I did make a big score at the church rummage sale last weekend. We got two really pretty loveseats, practically brand new, for $70. Our living room sofa was looking pretty shabby, so I was going to have to a make slip covers this summer. But now we have two pretty loveseats to replace it and they cost less than the fabric would have for the covers. Plus, no work for me! :D

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  12:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, you got a win win with the two love seats. What is your daughter going to be? Will she be a Nurse Practitioner a Physicians Assistant or ??? My granddaughter is scheduled to enter nursing school in late August.
Thank you for the music. How exciting to get a new CD along with your beautiful card. Thanks.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  1:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nurses are such special people. My boyfriend is a surgical nurse.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  3:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Linda, I started my nursing career with 10 years in the OR as a surgical nurse. It is quite the adventure in there sometimes and you see all kinds of crazy accidents and weird stuff!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  3:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
He's not in the OR, but still has some interesting cases.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  4:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never wanted the OR, though I did work on a post-op floor as well as a cardio floor. My favorite though was pediatrics. With that said, I still hold firm that I could never return since having my children! I think I would picture my own children in each scenario. I do miss working as an RN sometimes though... But I laugh and joke that I am doing plenty of nursing with my own children ;)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  5:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When Ed started out, he worked in the neo-natal for a while and he loved that. He has one picture of a premie in his hand that did not even fill his hands.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2016 :  05:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I had a rare free weekend so I started working on the new UFO badge. I dragged out all my UFO's and organized them all and made a list. A big, scary list! Well, it's a start, anyway. We had an snow on Saturday, all day, I wish the spring weather would get here already! Did you all have a nice weekend?

P.S. If you get a chance, please pop over to the "Book Discussions" section. I put up three new topics that I hope everyone will find interesting! Hugs :)

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9596 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9596 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2016 :  08:31:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just waiting for it to warm up here so I can get outside and dig in. I need to get some of my plants started. Working on something just now for my swap partner. Had company this past weekend. My cousin and her husband were heading back to NY from 4 months in Florida so they stopped in for a couple of nights. Nice to spend time with family. I put in for one of my badges and need to get my list out too Amy.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2016 :  10:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm working on many UFOs for the badge. Should have it done in a month. Also working on several others.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2016 :  6:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was pretty nice here this morning. My friend called and said it would be a good day to dig flowers at her house to bring to my garden. So I went and she dug a bunch of flowers for me to bring home and plant. Rained after I got home, so hopefully I will get them in the ground tomorrow. My sweet friend is 87 years young. My garden is full of flowers from her gardens. Friendship Garden at it's best :)!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Edging towards the front porch - April 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page