Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Edging towards the front porch - April 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Edging towards the front porch - April 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 5

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  05:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

It's April 1 and no snow storm! Lol usually there's some sort of surprise weather wise on that day. Do any of you participate in April Fools day? You know, having fun by playing jokes on people. I do enjoy hearing what pranks were played.

Have a great day!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  07:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Very overcast here on my front porch. I was going to mow the 1 acre+ lawn on my riding mower today, but not sure if I can start before it rains. Cool, too - 50 degrees. I like hearing about pranks, but don't like it when they are played on me. LOL! Any ideas of a trick I can play on Ed? Something funny but not dangerous. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  11:17:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we were doing the calendar on Wednesday, at preschool, I told the kids that when they came back to school on Friday it would be a brand new month. I also told them about April Fools day. One cute little guy remembered, and he had so much fun. We all had bugs crawling on us, at one time or another. It is so much fun to watch their minds at work.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  12:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't usually play any sort of pranks either. It has been terribly humid here today as rain is supposed to come this evening an all day tomorrow. We had to turn the AC on this afternoon as it was just sticky every which way!! Thankfully, the AC man was here this morning for a visit to make sure everything was in working order. I think April's joke is on us today with this sudden hot/humid day!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  1:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Partly Sunny and cool today. Temp. High 50's. We had a ton of rain storms yesterday! We are suppose to have a Sunny weekend!

My Hubby is the King of April Fool's jokes! He4 has done some doosies over the years!

Connie-Killarney

Edited by - Killarney on Apr 01 2016 1:04:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  6:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cold today. Snowed about 5 a.m. Sun came out later but the wind was cold and raw. Colder this weekend. Spring comes slow in Minnesota.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  7:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't have a single Aprils Fools joke played on me this year. Many years ago when my sons were teenagers who could inhale huge amounts of food in a very short time, I played an April Fools joke on them. They loved jelly filled doughnuts so as an after school treat I graciously set out a plate of them, however I used a straw to suck all the jelly out of them and stuffed them full of gummy worms. Imagine thier suprise when they discovered worms instead of jelly. Bonnie we had snow yesterday and a little overnight. It was pretty nippy when I went out to check for new calves this morning. Hoping it warms up soon.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  7:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No jokes here, either. Kinda dull day. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  06:24:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could go sit on the front porch but I would have to take a quilt to wrap up in. I have a wonderful cup of tea this morning, some that Julie sent to me. Has anyone every tried Pomegranate Green Tea by The Republic of Tea. It taste great and is a Superfruit Tea so maybe it's good for me. So whatever you may be having this morning Enjoy! Off to make some Banana bread.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9596 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9596 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  10:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No jokes played on me but dd decided to share their baby news yesterday wondering how many might think she is fooling. Of course many of their friends already knew but no one on facebook. So it may have caught a few.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  7:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent out April Fools day e cards, but a friend of mine in the Post Office, did a little one, he has to write the day on packages that came in and he wrote 3/32, just to see if people noticed. Kind of funny.
It was just a regular day for me too.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  7:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was funny.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2016 :  07:35:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

Day off for me! Yesterday I worked all day. Not sure what I will do with my day, but first I thought I would catch up on our henhouse and the main forum. Cuppa by my side, I'm ready for the day!

Yesterday I machine quilted a quilt for a customer. It took all day! I don't market myself as a machine quilter (goodness knows I have enough jobs around here) but I do make a special for certain customers. I have one more customer quilt to do, but I think i'll take a much needed break. Hum .... I may even machine quilt one of my tops! lol

The other day I was chatting with a friend about how crazy busy my life seems to be. She asked that I make a list of all the hats I wear for my business. She looked at it and said "I'm exhausted just reading it!" Okay, you've made your point! lol I guess it's easy to forget that in the busyness of life, we all need to slow down, enjoy the moment and stop beating on ourselves to produce more.

Well, that darn cold still hasn't left me. I think it likes me We are now at the sore throat stage! A good friend of mine who is a pharmacist working in a local hospital has said to me that for the past 5 days, the hospitals within our area (approx. 70 miles radius) are all at maximum capacity. Not good. Lots of people seem to be sick. I do hope you are all well.

Enjoy the day everyone! Cheers!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2016 :  7:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, please take it easy and don't overdo. We need you as our leader. I have learned in my very long life that we need to take better care of ourselves because others don't. Take care.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  06:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of front porches - I'm thinking of screening mine in. It would cut down the wind that blows through, help the house be warmer in the winter, and be a lot less buggie in the summer. Are your porches screened or not? I remember my grandmothers screened in porch and lives sitting out there. What do you think?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  06:11:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda for our part of Texas screened in porches are great. Keep the mosquitoes out. Yes less buggie.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  06:59:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole - hate that you are still sick! We are still fighting the nastiness here as well. My hubby actually came home early from work Thursday and had off Friday for it (not heard of very often in the military realm).

For those who do not go on the main board very often, it was posted that our dear Farmsister Portia was killed in a car accident. I know she wasn't part of this Hen House, but was loved by many :'(

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  07:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my! I hadn't seen that. Where was it posted? I'm so sorry to hear that. She has been my swap partner a lot. I will send her family a card.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Apr 05 2016 07:12:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  07:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=73831

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  07:28:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, no, no. How awful. We were just swap partners, we had emailed each other. Oh that makes me so sad. You may not know this but she and her family had planned to go to Equador in late summer, when her husband has retired. They had been there on family vacation before and were planning to live there for a couple of years. They had already sold some of their things, as they made preparations for the move. This is so sad for her family, and me. Tears.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  07:46:16 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Marilyn. I remember her talking about moving to Ecuador. She loved it there when they visited last year or the year before. Portia will be greatly missed by all. I am so saddened to hear this news, she was such a special farm girl. A friend to all. I will miss her cheery emails. Hugs and prayers to her family. She had recently traveled because her husband's aunt was ill and recently passed away. Such a sad sad time.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  09:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, OMG, I'm shocked! How sad. She was my partner in the swap owl.

Thank you for letting us know.

Carole

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  10:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too was so shocked and sad to hear about Portia's death! She had been a swap buddy to me on a few occasions the past few years. It is a tragedy!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  10:46:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This came in my mail today.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  10:49:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Her last card swap. Thank you Portia for teaching me about matchmaking.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  10:50:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TexasGran

Her last card swap. Thank you Portia for teaching me about card making.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Edging towards the front porch - April 2016 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page