Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 fireside chat - March 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic fireside chat - March 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 6

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  6:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Some pictures from my trip to Ireland.

Lots of castles and cathedrals

Some of the animals and green green grasslands

The US Ambassador's residence in Dublin (my friend worked at the Shannon airport for the US State Dept, and we went to the 4th of July party on the Ambassadors property).

The home I stayed in while in Ireland

Some of the flora

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Mar 03 2016 6:19:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  8:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful, Linda. When we were on St. Thomas we were served Irish butter. It was Devine. Nothing like it here.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  03:30:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I really love to hear about everyone's travels. My brother just got back from Japan and Australia, he's been just about everywhere. We're getting snow today, just enough to make the roads slippery. Oh Spring, hurry up! By the way, has anyone checked the book discussion topic lately? I'm wondering how everyone liked Stalking the Wild Asparagus, and also if we should be thinking about starting another book . . .

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Edited by - Song Sparrow on Mar 04 2016 03:38:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  05:59:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, your photos from Ireland are wonderful!! What a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9596 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9596 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  07:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,
Those are lovely photos!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  09:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, all! I love traveling, and luckily, my boyfriend (Ed) does too. Hopefully we will be doing a lot of it together.

In previous years, I've been to Thailand; Finland; Germany; Czech Republic; Ireland; England; St. Lucia; Puerto Rico; Australia; New Zealand; and Rome, Florence, and Venice, Italy - Barcelona, Spain - Dubrovnik, Croatia - Messina, Sicily (on a cruise).

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Mar 04 2016 10:03:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  10:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie & Linda, how wonderful that you have had the opportunity to visit many places! So much beauty in this world. Thank you for posting pictures of Ireland. I would love to visit one day!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  5:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful photo's Linda! I would love to go to Ireland one day! There is still so much of our beautiful country I would love to see as well!
As a side note, I saw Irish Butter last week at the Sprout's Farmers Market! I have no idea if it is authentic or not! Anyway it was a neat store! I think that their headquarters is in Arizona. New to the Atlanta area!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  9:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, Great Pictures! I have pictures of that same castle! I bet we got some of the same pictures! We did not get to the President's house, The only time we could go, there was a traffic jam because it was 70 degrees and sunny and no rain the whole 10 days we were there. So everyone was outside. The locals said it was unheard of for March! We all took raincoats an boots and never wore them! The weather made the front page of the newspaper! I have a new computer so I have to reload mine back in from SD cards. One of the local ladies said, if you come back, fly into Shannon airport if you want to stay in the country the whole time.

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Mar 04 2016 9:37:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  9:39:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, I did see the statue of Molly Malone in Dublin! I loved it! I have a picture of her!!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  11:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maldahide Castle-Dublincastle in Killkenny-Ireland. I fell in love with this picture in the lobby of our bed and breakfast in Killkenny The top middle opening is where you kiss the Blarney Stone. you have to lay on your back and kiss it upside down.Killarney Park where the film far and away was filmed.dublin Hardware store. I loved all these quaint shops! My Tea, Fit for a Queen! I dream of going back someday!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  11:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Castle in Killarney Park.Fairy Door view form our Jaunty Ride through Killarney church in Killarney oldest pub in Ireland[IMG

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2016/03/100_6595.jpg?v=39311783 Yep McDonalds is everywhere, in Dublin in the St James St. market.

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Mar 04 2016 11:52:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  04:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a splendid trip to Ireland you had Connie! Love that tea photo!! YUM!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  04:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you buy any Irish lace or wool?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  07:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a beautiful place and fun with that Blarney Stone, what a cute idea someone came up with. what is the stone like? something fancy or a regular stone?
thanks for sharing your trip of Ireland.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  07:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Beautiful Connie! I so wish here in the US we, the people, would get back to patronizing small shops. Where I live, the quaint shops are a dying breed! Seems people like to frequent the big box stores. I like small shops myself. I like the personalized service and the unique items they seem to find. Despite all the selection of a big box store, I don't always find what I'm looking for!

Now both you and Linda are making me want to go to Ireland as opposed to Australia!!! lol I'd love to visit them both. Oh and Scotland is on my list too!!! So if you all feel the urge, you can donate to my "Carole Wants to see the World" travel fund! lol Just kidding!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration and for showing the beauty of this world. Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  12:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, glad you enjoyed the pics. I have 300 of them! LOL!! Darlene, the Blarney stone is part of the castle wall. There are many stories and legends about it.
Carole , I so agree, I support small business in and around where I live! There seems to be more popping up in our area.
Marilyn, I did buy Both and the softest nightgown in the world for my mom! All the sealed food items I tried to bring back, they took from me at customs. Some I didn't understand at all why they would take things sealed in a glass jar?? Too warm here for wool, My friend bought one of those hefty woolen sweaters, just in case she ever moves up north! LOL!!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392 flower bed by St. Patricks Cathederal.

Edited by - Killarney on Mar 05 2016 12:13:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  12:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, a few more of the shops! I skipped a day of the "Hop on Hop off" bus tour in Dublin to explore the neighborhood near our hotel which was on the waterfront.http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2016/03/DSCN0895.jpg?v 73171894" border="0">

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  12:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my morning was not nearly so glamorous, but we hit two awesome yard sales. My grand daughter got a leggotable for her classroom and I got a baby doll,star wars toy, little car and four real baby blankets for my classroom. Then we drove out to the country...We could not believe our eyes. I asked for a price on two old oil lamps, because nothing was marked. I asked if it was an estate sale, No. We had come to a place where grandma's storage unit was being offered up for sale.Baylee and Hadlee each bought perfume bottles, dainty, thin ,ornate little bottles that sat on a dressing table and when the lady wanted some perfume, she pulled out the long narrow stopper and touched it to her skin. Baylee bought a stack of very old books for $1. There were brand new things, never opened, some name brand things...and no clothes, no shoes. I asked the man's daughter if she had gone through her grandmother's things and taken what she wanted. Her reply was it just was not to her taste. I told my husband she may kick herself thirty years from now, for not saving a few treasures. And those who teased me about my $3 old quilt purchase, were glad I had it to wrap their glassware. We had a great time, a history lesson and time with family. It was not an advertised sale, our guys are doing a remodel on down the road, had seen them setting up, and told us about it.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  2:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you ever go to Scotland I have a friend who lives there and she probably would enjoy meeting you.
Carole,I have never been any further than Baja Mexico and Vancouver BC. but it was nice to do though. I would love to go to those places and to Italy, maybe someday. Good luck on your "Carole wants to see the World" fund :D, You never know?

Connie, I thought that there was an actual stone they had to kiss, how funny :D.
Marilyn your day sounds enjoyable, I would love to go to some yard sales, the weather has been to iffy lately or lack of money. It will come soon. It is rainy and blustery today here.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9596 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9596 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  2:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic pictures! We still have Cobblestone streets in our little town but there aren't many nice shops down there anymore.
Sounds like you had a good day today Marilyn.

My brother in law pulled in a couple hours ago from a trip to Florida for a golf tournament. He brought these home since the strawberry festival is going on down there and we thought to ask him to bring home a couple flats. There are twice as many as can be seen in the photo. All but 1 section of these are in the freezer. I am going to make jam with some and of course save some for eating fresh.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 05 2016 2:57:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  3:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my those look yummy! I want!

yum.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  3:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those strawberries look so yummy. We had strawberry shortcake last Sunday, with Wal-Mart strawberries. They are still high, but not like a month ago. We enjoyed our first "summer" treat. Darlene, my husband, daughter in law and the girls went to Wal-Mart this afternoon. But when they returned they had been back to that yard sale. They brought me three heavy half sheet pans, three black ennamelware roasting pans, coffee mug, wicker box and two bird dogs ceramic piece. He paid $10. Since I broke the ice this morning (asking questions)they talked to the people who said the lady who passed away was a shopper and a hoarder. I believe it.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  3:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my, well treasures for you anyway.

Thanks
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9596 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9596 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  5:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found a link for a fellow we enjoy listening to. His name is Charlie Zahm. He does song evenings and concert around our area.
This is one of my favorites. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl8Ggh-Hh7M
He enjoys doing Irish and Scottish folk songs.

We really enjoy his cds. He has a website that gives his schedule and tells a bit about him as well as his music.
http://www.charliezahm.com/albums.html

Years ago my daughter and I were able to attend his song night he had at a friend's house here in NJ

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 05 2016 5:51:30 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic fireside chat - March 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page