Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Fireside chat - December 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside chat - December 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 7

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  06:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda I love the Christmas quilts you made, and so glad you enjoyed your cruise. Been a couple of years since Mark and I went on one. Glad your home safe.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9600 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9600 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  07:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Winnie! Always enjoy our time with the little ones. Though it can be tiring.

Linda,
Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Nice to have you back again.
Have never been on a cruise. JT won one once from a radio contest but we couldn't make it so we gave it to my sister.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  06:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I really do need the fire this morning. It was a balmy 0.2 when I got up. I have been putting off chicken chores, but will have to bundle up soon and go out there. Maddy went with grandpa to pick-up our bountiful baskets order and Kylee is still sleeping. We have had a busy week working on thier Christmas gifts. Their parents will be home tonight and although I love having them I am looking forward to everyone being home. The news on Oliver was not what we hoped, his colon is not working at all, so they have some difficult decisions to make as to what surgical path they will be taking. For now I can't wait for hugs and kisses from my boy. Today we will finish up our projects and get everything wrapped up, than I think it will be a cookie making session. I do have to make Oliver some bread, he can't have anything processed so we make all his food from scratch, including whole wheat bread and sugar cookies. Have a wonderful day everyone.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Dec 19 2015 06:52:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  08:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Always a pleasure catching up. Nothing new going on in my little corner of this world. Pumpkin is coming home on the 23 of December and will be with us until the end of January. I'm looking forward to spending time with her.

Last Sunday I visited with my mum in Montreal and we made a traditional French Canadian holiday dish - Tourtière (meat pie). We use my grandmother's recipe, which always makes it special.

The weather here has been unusually warm. We did get a thin blanket of snow. It does make my backyard look prettier in December. Wish it would snow!

Take care everyone. Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Dec 19 2015 08:11:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  11:33:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your backyard is beautiful with that dusting of snow! And those meat pies look fabulous! What are the ingredients?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  12:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole those look scrumptious!! Our weather man predicted a high of 70 here for Christmas Day! No Snow for Us!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  2:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole - any way I can get your recipe? we are suppose to be studying Canada this upcoming week!

Hope everyone enjoys Christmas <3 It is a true blessing to be part of this hen house!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9600 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9600 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  4:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, will keep Oliver and all the decisions to be made in my prayers. Made 7 dozen sugar cookies made with my 10 yr granddaughter, Victoria, today. We only frosted a couple dozen sofar. Going to work on the rest later.

Finished getting everything ready for Christmas. We always do a seafood night on Christmas eve. So I got those things today as well as the odds and ends I needed for Christmas dinner.

Our friend of ours from church passed away night before last in his sleep. He used to teach sign language and did it for any who needed it for the services at church. His funeral is Tuesday. JT is going to see if he can change his work schedule so we can go. His wife is a sweet lady and it will be very hard for her.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  7:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yummy looking pies, Carole. ENJOY!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  07:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Winnie, the ingredients are ground beef, veal and pork. We eat it with ketchup. Would you believe that it's the only time I use ketchup? lol

Shannon, not sure what you mean by recipe. lol There are no tablespoon of this and that. I guess you can say we eye ball it, that is taste until we find it just right. My mum puts onion salt, powdered onion, ground cloves, cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste. We just do it by taste. You don't want the clove to over power. It is more cinnamon than clove.

You can use chopped up onions if you'd like, but I would mince it so that you don't have huge chunks. It is the same quantity of beef, pork and veal. Traditionally, it is done with pork, but my mum likes to use the three meats.

approximatly 1 pound of meat per pie (of course depending on the size of your pie plate), bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  08:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds yummy

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  6:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carol, those pies are really good. Here is a French Canadian church here that makes them for sale every Christmas. We've been to dinner at the church too. Have a wonderful celebration.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  08:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Everyone, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We had a good one. The granddaughter had the best, it's so much fun just watching her. She was so excited to open her gifts and then everyone elses. It was a fun day, lots of visiting with family. Some we don't see very often so always good to see them.
Hope everyone is getting the much needed rest today. Enjoy your day. Thinking of you all.
Suppose to start raining here today and a lot tomorrow, so I guess its time to start cleaning.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  10:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sprinkling here too sherry. Glad your Christmas was good. Ours was too.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  2:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little ones are such fun at Christmas. Even though our grand girls are older it is so much fun to surprise them. My DIL really got into the Christmas spirit this year. She surprised everyone of us with a special gift. Hadlee received a James Avery charm and her sister received vintage Winnie the Pooh stuffed critters. She cried. She has loved Pooh all of her 18 years. Enjoy these early years but take lots of photos and write down the cute things they say and do. Date each thing you write. When they are older they will not remember the great adventures you had with them, but you can show photos and read about their antics, to them as you walk down memory lane.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  8:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda are you ok tonight??? Where you close to the tornado this evening? Thinking of you

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  8:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry, Linda was ok when I asked earlier. That storm was awful. One of my former students (from my first year of teaching in 1969) lives in Rowlett, and had very heavy damage to his home. In fact all 15 homes on their street were torn up. I had sent him a face book message to check on him, then there he was on tv. I was so happy to see him alive. All of my relatives in Wylie and Garland are ok. Are you and your family ok?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  10:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sherry and Marilyn for thinking about me. I hope you both safe and away from all the storms, too. Ed and I were up in Fairview when all the warnings started. We drove back home on 380 which goes right through Princeton and Farmersville. We arrived home safe and sound, and it wasn't until after we got home, there was a possible tornado in Farmersville area. Where I live there was hardly any rain. The cars that were blown/swept off US30 onto the frontage road was only abut 45 miles from here.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  01:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you are all ok. We had a dusting of snow on Christmas then more snow the day after. Now it's about 19.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  02:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first thing I thought of this morning when I watched the weather were you Texas girls. I pray that you are safe. The weather looks treacherous. Please stay safe. Hugs, Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  04:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I am glad you made it home safe. It was unnerving to keep hearing that man's voice coming through my phone, telling me we were in a tornado warning. Thankfully, we only had the strong winds and heavy rain. That was awful where those vehicles were blown off I 30 in Garland. I felt so bad for the first responders and those who stopped to help, as well as those in the vehicles.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  06:04:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello dear sisters and Happy belated Christmas! December's was a whirlwind for me (beyond the usual holiday bustle! I was called to help a long-time friend conducting Handel's Messiah who desperately needed voices for her alto section, not the part I usually sing. Bunch of work but oh the joy of singing that great work with a full orchestra (and a handy little stipend, too!)! My choir did our concert on Dec. 23, then there was helping my mom get comfortable with her new companion (she's amazing), a broken cell phone and busted computer, dead car battery, four abandoned kittens which we took in and finally found homes for, an illogical but wonderful trip to NYC the weekend before Christmas . . . And a partridge in a pear tree!

I've missed you all so much, and am so happy to be back in touch! Thanks to everyone for your lovely cards and gifts! Denise, I'm so sorry about your fur baby, they are such important members of our family. Linda, stay safe, I'm glad you weren't hit by the really bad weather. Carole, glad you had a visit with your mom. Darlene, can't wait to see you as an elf! Julie, I'll continue to pray for sweet little Oliver. And to all of you, a belated Merry Christmas, and big, big BIG hugs! Here's a photo of my Christmas angel

P.S. I'll be starting up the recipe swap again for January . . . with a slight modification to make it easier on the very busy and overwhelmed! Also, I'll get the Book club discussion started soon :)

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  06:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is a doll.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  06:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning, Linda and Marilyn so glad you are okay. That was just scary last night. Our weather will be here in a couple of hours. They are saying 5 to 10 inches of rain today. We will see, just a storm line coming through, but hopfully it will bring some cooler temps. Ready for a little cooler weather, it was 80 here yesterday.
Everybody stay safe and have a great day today.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  06:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, you have been very busy. Looking forward to the recipe swap. And what a cutie.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside chat - December 2015 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page