Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Front porch with a quilt - October 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front porch with a quilt - October 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 3

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  5:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

I apologize for being a tad late on this one. Hard to believe that October is here. The leaves have started to turn their beautiful fiery colours here in Northeastern NY. Seems a tad later then last year, perhaps due to the not so hot summer.

Wore capris today ... somehow I refuse to put on some pants and long sleeves ... all in an effort to bring some form of warm weather! lol

Farmgirl hugs,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Oct 02 2015 5:56:33 PM

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2015 :  04:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I know what you mean, Carole, I am fighting giving up summer others myself. But it's so cold, windy and rainy here that I had to go with closed shoes and socks today. It looks like we will be spared the brunt of Hurricane Joaquin, but we will be experiencing heavy rains through early next week. Flooding is expected, but we're hoping for the best (what else can you do?).

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9604 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9604 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2015 :  12:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel like I have been MIA lately. Just have a lot on my plate right now. Hopefully things will get back under control soon. We still have 10 people here. Eleven until tomorrow but he brought a trailer to stay in. LOL It is a missionary friend of my brother in laws. He will be heading to Philly tomorrow. He got here Friday night. Hasn't seen much of anyone because we have been over working on the house. Hope to have that done and the kids in it by the end of this coming week. Praying for that because every time something gets fixed something else shows up. We knew there were a couple leaks because of the damage but didn't know exactly where until the rains started. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying DRY!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2015 :  3:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We need a quilt today! No sun and 68 degrees! Brrrrrrr. We had a tree fall on our fence and Tv Satellite, Yesterday. Hubby worked all day getting it cleaned up so I made him a cobbler! I tried the Express Bisquick Cobbler using Canned Pie fruit. This one is Lucky leaf Carmel Apple. It warmed up the House! Looks Good. Waiting for it to cool. I know not as good as scratch. but it was easy! LOL!!

If anyone wants to try it: Mix 1 Cup of Bisqucik, 1 Cup if Milk, mix in 1 stick melted butter. Pour into Baking dish. Spoon in 1 can Pie Fruit on top, don't mix in! You can use Cherry, Apple, Peach whatever you like. Bake 375 degrees 50 minutes! That's it!!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Oct 03 2015 3:09:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1279 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1279 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2015 :  7:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks Good Connie, sometimes you just have to do easy.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2015 :  7:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connor, don't apologize. You made it out of love. Warmth to you. Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2015 :  06:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, looks yummy. And Bonnie's right, love is the only ingredient that really matters! Sorry about your tree.

Denise, hope you are getting through ok. It's tough to adjust to all those people, I'm sure! Maybe you and I will be able to meet soon, and we can commiserate!

I hope everyone has a lovely week. We're expecting some near perfect fall weather here. Winnie, I wish I could bottle some up and send it to you!

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2015 :  07:33:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there!

Wonderful to do a bit of catch-up! Busy week for me with the show coming up. Oh ... not to mention that it's dh's b-day next weekend and my wonderful in-laws are coming up. With the show and all, it's going to be a weekend buzzing with activities!

I took my final for the business class I was doing last week. It frees up a bit of time and alleviates a bit more stress! lol

Fall has definitely arrived in way Northeaster NY. The leaves are turning their gorgeous colours. I'm hoping to have a chance to take some pictures. I just love this time of year!

Denise, I can sympathize!

Connie, it looks delish! So glad no one was hurt by the tree falling down. Will you be cutting it up for fire wood?

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2015 :  12:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Carole, I would love to see some Fall Photo's from your part of the world :)! We have very little color here, but it's coming. The Burning Bushes are gorgeous, and the Dogwoods are turning also. Our prettiest color is usually not until the first part of November, but you never know!
Denise, hang in there, it will soon be quieter in your house! I don't know about you, but when everyone leaves, the quiet is almost deafening, after all the buzzing going on! Love it both ways :)! Dave has been gone for a week, home now! I sure did miss him, the house is too quiet alone! (well as alone as you can be with three dogs and five birds!) Our Gracie (Mini Aussie) had ACL surgery last Tuesday, so I have been kept very busy with her. She is doing good, but it is a long, slow recovery. Her staples come out a week from tomorrow!
Hope everyone is well and enjoying cooler temps. We had a ton of rain, but thankful no water issues! 7 inches in 24 hours - that was just one day, don't know about the amounts the other several days! The sun did come out for awhile today, but gone now. We have a new great grandson, born September 28th, he is in Anchorage, Alaska, so I don't know when I will get to see him, hopefully before too long!
That's it from here!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  05:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got home from a long weekend in Oklahoma where I visited an artist friend of mine who opened her first art studio. We had glorious Fall weather,beautiful handcrafted art to purchase, hand spun artisan wool, lots of interesting people stop by, and homemade apple pies for enjoying. It was a so much fun!!

I've been watching the floods in South Carolina and wondering if Shannon and her family have been effected by it where they are located. One map I saw had her city listed as getting pounded by the rains. Shannon, I've been keeping you in my prayers and hoping you and your area has been able to stay safe!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
112 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  06:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

First frost last night. I'm sure glad I have everything out of the garden. Looks like we have a dusting of snow on Pikes Peak.

Went to a fiber fair and bought some rabbit fur now all I have to do is spin it. I am planning on knitting a hat. Not sure yet will see how it spins. Finished my crazy quilt and not sure what to make next. Now that it is getting colder will be able to do a lot more projects.

Smile a lot everyone will wonder what you are up to.
Marilyn
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  08:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
Sorry about your tree Connie glad everyone is ok and I wrote down your recipe and am going to try it.
Denise, be strong later you will all the activity. Things will work out for you all soon.
Carole you are one busy lady and looking forward to your pictures, our area is same for weather, Not much going on but normal for my area is this is usually summertime for us so no telling when fall will come.
ruth it sounds like your animals have kept you really busy. What is ACL surgery that they did on your dog? You sure had a lot of rain, we can use alot but not all at one time.
I hope all is going well with Shannon too.
Marilyn I bet that hat of rabbit would be beautiful and so soft. Wow.
Winnie it sounds like you had a good time in Oklahoma. I always wanted to go there but never have yet.
Have a nice cozy day to you all

I am working on the prairie rose logo, who knows but so far kind of pretty.

well have a good day

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  6:28:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there is a prairie rose quilt block that is really pretty if that will help.

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  04:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! We're all enjoying some beautiful weather this week. Leaves are just starting to turn. Miss Lily has little cold so she didn't go to her little school yesterday morning. We went apple picking instead-- it felt a little like playing hookie! :)

I've been praying for Shannon and everyone in SC. It really looks terrible. Carole, happy birthday to your hubby and have a lovely visit with his folks. Ruth, congratulations on the new great-grandson! What's his name? Glad Gracie is recovering, give her a little kiss from me! Winnie, sounds like a wonderful trip, you are quit the traveller! Marilyn, it that angora fur? I bet it's beautiful. Darlene, I'm working on a song for us, too . Take your time, you just can't rush the creative process, it has its own pace. Bonnie, have you ever made the Prairie Rose block? Have a happy day, everyone!

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
112 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  04:59:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning everyone,

Amy Yes this is angora fur and I had the pleasure of meeting the rabbit. I began spinning it and it is really fuzzy I had fur everywhere in the eyes, nose and all over my shirt. This is going to be quite an experience but well worth it.

Smile a lot everyone will wonder what you are up to.
Marilyn
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  05:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, spinning rabbit fur sounds quite challenging! Post us a photo of the yarn you make when you are done. No doubt it will be very warm and soft. Do you mix angora with regular wool when you make up your skein to work with? Or just 100 % angora?

Hehe, Amy, you know what they say... An apple a day keeps the doctor away!! Apple picking and eating is therapeutic!! LOL!! How lovely that your leaves are beginning to change too. Ahhhh, Fall is really here!!

Looking forward to our prairie rose logo. Such a traditional and lovely quilt pattern too!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  12:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

The vending is now behind me. I did not plan accordingly. Given that it was my first show, I missed calculated the amount of time it would take me to prepare. IOW, I'm exhausted from late evening, all in an attempt to look organized! lol The shoppe is still not all put together, but I'm just to beat to do anything at the moment. I'm taking it easy. You can check out what my booth looked like on my blog: http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com - I didn't know it was going to be so big.

Not much going on in terms of fall colours. A few trees here and there, but I don't think we are peaking. Seems the leaves are taking their time to turn their magnificent colours. I just love this time of year. I am so a 4 season gal! The temperature is pleasant! We've actually enjoyed eating outside a few evenings! Gets dark so early!

I have lots of catching up to do. Always a pleasure to set down and see how my fellow farm sisters are doing.

Take care everyone! Farmgirl hug!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  12:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your quilt booth was beautiful, Carole, and your quilts were lovely! Enjoy some time off from this big project and it sounds like the weather up there is next to perfect.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9604 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9604 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  3:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your boothed looked very nice and organized. I'm sure having it with lots of room people were able to look around. I don't like places that are so crowded with stuff that you really can't see anything. Looks like you did a great job putting it together.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  08:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, here are some fall pictures from around my neighbourhood!

Side street!

Across the street from my house!

Thanks everyone for you kind comment regarding my booth.

Enjoy the day! Cheers!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  10:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Carole, these photos are beautiful!! How lucky you are to be able to look at this sight every day while it lasts!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  7:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole. Beautiful in your neighborhood. Don't beat yourself up for not getting it all together. Just remember that others don't know what you planned and just like what they see. Try to relax a bit, to me your booth looked great.

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  06:07:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, I hope you're all well and enjoying your part of the country's version of fall. Ours came on like gangbusters this weekend with cooler temperatures and crisp breezes. I think our colors will be peaking next weekend, it's really getting pretty. I've been very excited that we may have found a companion for mom. Hopefully I'll know more soon, but it looks good. Mom needs more of a life of her own, she feels dependent on me and that's not comfortable for her. So if this young lady works out, she and mom will spend a couple of days a week together, just having fun. Everyone needs a friend!

Carole, your booth looked lovely, at first glance I thought it was someone's living room! Hope you can get a little rest..

Has anyone heard from Alicia?

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  12:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole your booth and your fall colors look beautiful. Amy, i am betting you will enjoy the break. We have finally finished sunflower harvest and are taking a few days to get some winter preparations done, the cool mornings are reminding us it will be here soon. I winterized the chicken coop yesterday, dug the last of the potatoes and carrots and put a layer of straw on the strawberries to help protect them from winter kill. Corn harvest will start Wednesday, I will be glad when the last kernel is in the bins. We still need to get cattle home before it snows, but they are not to far away so it will be just a matter of opening a few gates and showing them a feed pail to follow.

Baking an apple cake this afternoon, thinking instead of frosting, I will do a caramel sauce to pour over it.

Hugs to all
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  10:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole I love your booth, You live on a beautiful block, The church at the other end is sitting so pretty there. The fall colors are so beautiful!

Thanks for sharing.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  1:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today we actually need a quilt on the front porch! Our high was 63, and is steady dropping. Oh how I love it! Sadly, by Thursday, we will be in the upper 70s or low 80s again :/ But today was just perfect! God blessed us with a Fall feeling day to go to the corn maze we go to each and every year! We enjoyed checking out "Scarecrow Lane," the petting zoo, painted pumpkins, a tractor hay ride, a corn box (think sand box, but filled with corn), and the wonderful corn maze. While there, we had a picnic lunch with some other dear homeschooling friends. What a blessing! The only thing that could have made it any better would have been if my hubby could have gone!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front porch with a quilt - October 2015 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page