Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Front Porch Chat - September 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front Porch Chat - September 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 4

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  5:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys! Sorry I have been MIA/AWOL lately! Things here are so hectic! Emi sleeps great during the day and screams all night long, and with my hubby having to work, I am up with her all night. Exhaustion is definitely setting in! Thankfully I caught up on a little bit of sleep this weekend. However, with overdoing it this weekend I probably need it, lol. We went and picked up apples on Friday. We drive up to North Carolina once a year to pick apples from our favorite orchard. Normally it is a three hour drive. With feeding Emi, it was about a 6 hour drive! We got up there only to find out that the orchard had closed only an hour before we got there, due to the rain they were getting :( We thankfully found a market that was close by and bought some. So yesterday and today I have been canning. Normally it is a relatively quick process, but with having to stop to feed Emi, it is taking quite a bit of time. Add to it my incision being split open, and therefore moving more slowly, and I am still looking at a mountain of apples!

As far as the kiddos school, I finally figured out what I am using for my boys for their reading curriculum... They will be doing some classic literature unit studies. My 8 year old is starting with Dr. Doolittle and my 9 yo will be starting with Treasure Island. The younger of the two is not a big reader, so I am hoping this will help encourage him to read more.

We got good news today as well - we have a contract on our house!!!! So very very thankful!!! Closing is set for November 5th, so prayerfully all will go well!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  11:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Shannon, you are a busy lady, apple cooking and feeding Emi and school.

You do need quiet time and be careful of your incision. that must be uncomfortable.

Well you take care ok rest up when you can.

Blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  05:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I hope your house closing goes without a hitch. That will be so wonderful to have it sold!! Hopefully Emi will soon switch her sleeping from days to nights so your life can get back on an easier schedule. Take care of yourself with that incision too! The last thing you need is some mischief from an unhealed surgical site. I bet your house smells wonderful with so many apples! Lots of yummy canning going on for the future.

Everyone here has been busy lately. It seems like the Fall just gets to be a whirlwind at times!1 I am leaving on Thursday for a long weekend in Oklahoma. A friend of mine is opening up her first art studio and having an open house. It seems like the perfect time to visit Oklahoma and support her big day!! I am excited to go!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  12:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a little extra time this morning so I put together a fall display by our back door. It makes me happy every time I come in the house.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  1:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, I love your Touch of Fall! Makes me Happy too!!

Shannon I wish I was your neighbor! I would come help you!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  2:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, I love your adorable Fall display! It makes me happy looking at it too!! Thanks for sharing.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front Porch Chat - September 2015 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page