notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  5:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I'm sure you have it harder than I do with a baby and everything, but I can relate to your struggle. We took today off of school because we were out of town this weekend and I really needed the day to get the house in better shape, do laundry, go to the post office (that means mail coming for some of you!), and also something creative like sewing. Of course I didn't get nearly as much done as I intended too, so then I feel guilty that we skipped school and I didn't get more done. :( It's such a cycle isn't it? As far as the exercising goes, it is so hard with a new little one, I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it! When you get in a good routine, and she's sleeping well, maybe you can add it in then. I follow Maria Kang on facebook and I really like her. She has a group called No Excuse Moms. I just find her posts very encouraging to get the exercise in everyday. When you're ready, maybe you should check her out.

Joyce, I have a letter mailed today for you. I hope you get it this time! Let me know your address when you have one so I can send your Christmas card and pocket letter. Don't worry about the badges. :) Connect when you can.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  09:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon...
thanx for the prayers and kind words.......know that prayers for what you're going thru are coming right back to ya !!! Your body's been thru A LOT the last number of years with all your precious babies...........just remind yourself on the weight gain.......it took 9 months to gain it per child.............it needs time to come off at that pace too !!!!! God also proves just how miraculous the body is too.........know that Emi needs your body now too :-) It WILL come off if ya give it the same leeway ya did to gain it !!!!! Your health is what's most important too.....not what ya think your body looks like.....you are created in HIS image.....................beautiful in every way ! Hugs and prayers.......we're all here for ya !
Jami

w/ TEXAS SIZE Farmgirl HUGS !
Farmgirl Sister :
HunnysHen # 5876
Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2015 :  12:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
woooohooooo !!!!! Just got realllllllly good news from doctors.................my liver enzymes are back in the normal range and don't have to do biopsy now ! Praise God and give him all the glory !!!!!!!!!!! I cannot say thank ya enough to everyone that has said prayers for me :-) I'm not completely outta the woods since they fear it's my Lupus attacking the body and vital organs............but it coulda been sooooooo much worse ! Thanx so much for all y'alls' support...................I'm so proud to have such a wonderful group of "Sisters"...............I coulda searched the world over and don't believe I'd find a better group of women anywhere !!! God Bless all of you and keep me in your prayers please..........and let me know if you need anything too.
HUGS
Jami

w/ TEXAS SIZE Farmgirl HUGS !
Farmgirl Sister :
HunnysHen # 5876
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2015 :  12:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yahoo!!! Praise the Lord!!! :D

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2015 :  12:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jami - so very very happy for you! Praising God for this miracle!

Joyce - I am finishing up your PL and will put it in your October Countdown to Christmas box - it should go out this weekend.

Good news - our house closes in 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOO excited!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2015 :  1:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So happy for you, Jami!!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2015 :  2:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh dear...Shannon!! I completely forgot about the October November PL!!!! ACK! I can't believe it...I will do my best do get it out to you :) Can you tell I'm all out of sorts with moving!!?? I'm SO excited that you sold your house!!!!!!!!!

Erin - I got your letter :D :D

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2015 :  05:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce, that's a relief! I mailed the last one with one for Shannon and another farmgirl and they both got theirs, so I don't know what happened! Take your time writing back. I know you're busy ;)

Jami, I have your PL done, but I haven't mailed it yet! I'll mail it this week. So sorry! I've been frantically working on quilts for my boys to free up space in my craft room.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  7:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just thought I'd drop a note to tell you all I'm still existing...lol! Just super busy with packing and moving across the country... ;)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  11:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce - I received your box today - Thank you! Yours is in the mail with the pocket letter. There is also a letterforms your son. The envelope is torn open to double check the letter. It had been awhile since my four year old had dictated it tome,and I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything "time sensitive." How is packing going?

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2015 :  08:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh he'll just be SO excited!!! It will be his first pen pal letter!! Packing is going good - a lot to do!! And because we are moving across the country, I find there's so much more that needs to be taking care of, and packing needs to be done very particular or things will break...we need to eat/gift all the food items so rats/mice don't get in the trailer...lots of different things :) But so far, it's going good!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

TheKnittingFarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Abi
Port Lavaca TX
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2015 :  10:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello ladies! I'm enjoying my first proper lunch break in a couple weeks so I thought I'd stop in.

Knit On,
Abi
Farmgirl #6692
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2015 :  10:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Abi! How are things in Texas?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2015 :  4:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Abi!!!

And....Happy birthday to our Wildflower Jami!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

TheKnittingFarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Abi
Port Lavaca TX
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  11:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday, Jami!

Things in Texas are crazy busy. Boss madam was out of town this week, leaving me in charge. Hubby is waiting to find out if he's being laid off next year (I don't it), Veterans Day was busy (hubby is the local VFW commander), working on my cross stitch badge. Oh! I got my beginner knitting badge.

Busy, but good busy. Decided my 2016 resolution is to be a selfish knitter/crocheter. No for-pay crafting.

How are y'all?

Knit On,
Abi
Farmgirl #6692
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  06:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Abi! That's so funny. My crafting is usually just given away, not for-pay, but I can understand the need to be selfish about it sometimes.

I'm sorry for my absence lately, and I'm afraid it's going to continue a little bit longer. My grandma on my mother's side passed away yesterday morning. She was my last living grandparent. We knew she wasn't doing well, so we were planning to drive out to the Chicago suburbs to see her this weekend. So now our plans have changed, and we're leaving tomorrow morning for the viewing and funeral. On top of that, I'm coming off of an almost week long cold/sore throat/cough thing that left me on the couch all weekend and with no voice for a couple days. Thankfully I'm feeling better today since I have so much to do. We have a field trip today with our homeschool group (that I really don't want to skip because a. it's free and b. all school has been at a minimum since I've been sick), I have to get the boys haircuts, pick up some things for my mom, and pack for everyone. I also have very conflicting feelings about my grandma's passing. I may write some more about that later, after everything's over. For right now, I just need to concentrate on getting out there and being there for my mom. I would appreciate prayers for her and her siblings, also prayers that everything goes smoothly. They're a drama-filled bunch.

Thanks girls, and I promise to be more present when I get back.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  06:56:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Erin! I am so sorry! Praying for your health and safety as well as comfort for all the family!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  08:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin - praying for you, your mom and her siblings. I'm so sorry for the passing of your grandmother.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  12:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jami- I missed the post about the good news re your tests! Yay!!

Erin- I am so sorry for your family's loss of a grandma. I understand "mixed feelings". Our families wrote the book on it. sigh.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

TheKnittingFarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Abi
Port Lavaca TX
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  07:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for peace to you and your family, Erin

Knit On,
Abi
Farmgirl #6692
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  06:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi girls... I'm back now. It was a snowy weekend in Chicago for a funeral! Initially it was supposed to be viewing Wednesday, funeral Thursday. That ended up getting changed to Friday and Saturday. I think so more people could come, but then the snow kind of cancelled that out anyway. There were a lot of people for such a horrible driving day. It was actually nice to see everyone I don't normally get to see. There are a few family members that live in other states. Everyone behaved so that was good. My mom gave a really sweet eulogy, me and my sister were crying. I can't speak for my sister but I was crying mostly for my mom. Her and her sisters were taking it pretty hard. I really can't imagine going through that, losing your mom, and I'm sorry if any of you have. It's going to be especially hard for my moms youngest sister going into the holidays. My grandma lived with her so she's going to have a hard time.

Right now, I have to do school with the kids. I also have about a billion things to do to get ready for Thanksgiving. I'm making everything and having my dad and Jason's stepdad over. House is a disaster! Not sure how I'm going to get it all done. I did all my shopping yesterday though, so at least that's over. I'll be checking in more now. How are all of you doing? What are your Thanksgiving plans this year? Well, Joyce I know you already had yours! I need to send you a pocket letter. Do you have a new address yet?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

TheKnittingFarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Abi
Port Lavaca TX
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  10:23:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Planning a stress-free Thanksgiving here. Going to a friend's house and only have to take a dessert. Sooooo looking forward to a break from work.

Knit On,
Abi
Farmgirl #6692
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2015 :  8:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving my Wildflower Sisters!!! Hope it's a great day!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2015 :  11:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy thanksgiving :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  08:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow American Farmgirls :)

Erin - I do have one, but we're not there until mid-December :) When you're ready to send it, let me know and I will message you my new address!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Just Talking Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page