hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  07:00:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(((Hugs))) Bridge! I'm sorry you are having such a rough day! Praise God it is Friday though!!! Praying today goes by quickly for you! There are times I miss working outside of the house, but I wouldn't trade being home with my kids for anything! And I certainly don't miss the "drama" though sadly i still deal with some via email... but I think sometimes things just come across wrong or meaner than they are meant.

Debbie - I totally think you should do it!!! Let the old woman complain... and then say a prayer for her, as obviously she is quite bitter <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  08:47:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Bridge...hope your day gets better! Take things minute by minute!

Snow? Ugh. It's snowing here in the Northeast now. I am so ready for spring. We were teased with a couple of warm days last week....now the snow is falling.

My weekend plans? Well, tomorrow is my wonderful husband's birthday. :) It's supposed to be freezing here tomorrow, so I'm not too sure if we are going anywhere. He took Monday off of work, so we are going to spend the day together. :) Other than that, I'm planning on knitting and sewing. My parents are coming for a visit on Sunday. I'm spending most of the day packing up things we don't need. (Our house is on the market to sell and I hate waiting until the last minute for things)

Hope everyone has a great day, and Bridge, I'm hoping your day turns into something wonderful!

Christine

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
www.theginghambow.wordpress.com
www.etsy.com/shop/theginghambow
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  09:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Christine! Isn't the weather nuts!?!? We were hit with a "wind storm" on Tuesday... part of our chimney blew off, the play set blew over, and we lost some shingles!!! Then yesterday we got more snow... and today, rain!

This weekend I'm hoping to finish quite a few items for swaps. I'm pretty behind on some of them, of where I would like to be! Hubby is hoping we will get the chance to finish the goat shed as well. I was terribly sore after last weekend!!!

Emi is running a fever :( Praying she gets over it quickly!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  10:39:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Shannon!!! Emi has a fever?? Ugh. I hope she feels better soon. Any other symptoms? I know these viruses spread around so quickly. It's awful. Jessica was sick last week. I don't like when the kiddos are sick. :(

It was beautiful weather we had. Then, at 0200, I woke up and looked outside. SNOW! I'm longing for Spring. It's time now! My tulips started to come up; poor things must be confused!

Christine

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  10:54:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our rain turned to ice :/ I can deal with rain, I can deal with snow... but ice scares me!!!

I just got over viral meningitis about a week ago (to where I wasn't running high fevers anyways), so I'm hoping and praying that is not what she has!!! It took me three weeks of running 102-104 fevers to get rid of it! And Emi is only 18 months old!!! She is really really cranky... and it is impossible for me to tell where she hurts or is uncomfortable. She is not pulling at her ears, and her throat looks great. I'm going to keep trying to boost her immune system and keep the fever around 101 to try to kill whatever it is, but don't want it going much higher!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  12:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Shannon, I'm praying things get better for you all. If I were closer, I'd help where I could.

I don't like ice either. Scares me, too. I see ice and panic.

I feel bad for her. It stinks when they can't tell you exactly what they are feeling and they don't understand.

:(

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  3:40:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I hope that Emi has not gotten any worse this afternoon...praying that all will be well! How crazy to have part of your chimney blow off!!! We have had WIND every afternoon this week and it never stopped blowing all of last night. Today is beautiful...61 degrees!!!! I don't remember the last time it was that warm! Jet thought he could wear shorts to school this morning! haha I don't dare jinx it and say spring is on the way...we'd probably wake up with 2" of snow!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  3:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bridge, your Friday work day should be over! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  4:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon - praying for Emi.

I haven't been on here as regularly lately - I will keep as I can, but it's extremely busy from now until May with all my students taking exams.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  6:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I didn't know you were sick. :( How's Emi?

So, we WERE expecting snow tomorrow. Now just looks like a big chill and lots of clouds. Yesterday was 65, just lovely! Tomorrow is supposed to be 33. :'( We are hoping to get to the house and rip out carpets this weekend. And start on walls. They PAINTED OVER WALLPAPER!!!!! GAH! It's gonna be a pain...

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com
VLOG- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rAaWB8U8t13yBZCd-nwLA
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  2:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saturday's are a much better day!! Thank you for all the well wishes and positive thoughts.
Today I piddle paddle around this morning, and then took my dad to do his shopping and to McDonalds (his choice).
Back home and finished up a pinkeep, was supposed to be for the swap, but I may have to make another! It is too cute, I need one.
I also designed a bit on my April cards and ATC's.
I really wanted to go to the craft store, but it is 1hour and 30 min away. I dislike driving, so I just decided to make do! I did get some felt at Walmart to have on-hand and for above mentioned pinkeep.
I really need to clean house but there is always tomorrow, LOL!!
I also looked thru my seed can to see what I had and might start some tomorrow, I really have no good windows to start seeds in :(
I'm thinking salads for supper. Easy and light.

Shannon, I hope Emi is feeling better.

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  3:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all :) Been a BUSY day! Worked a little on the goat shed, but it was just too cold to put the metal sheeting up, so we worked on putting sheetrock up for the girls' closest. Then I worked more on the 2nd set of mini aprons. The kids started carrying in wood from the truck, and my 9 yo fell and slammed his head on the pavers for the walkway and busted his head open. Pretty sure he has a mild concussion... just trying to keep an eye on him! Emi seems to be okay... running a low grade still, but I'm content with that :) It will help kill whatever is ailing her! We pulled out some of the cubed venison from earlier in the year from the freezer, and am having hubby grind it for so I can repackage it into 2 lb bags of ground meat. I'm hoping to render down deer fat tomorrow, but we have a busy day in town. Hoping to go to church depending on Will and Emi, then to Joanns, then grocery shopping.

Christine - I think you should move to Wyoming ;)

Debbie - our chimney is metal piping rather than brick... so that may make more sense ;) But yes, it was surely hysterical to watch me chasing down our chimney as it tumbled down the acreage, while I tried not to get blown over myself! And in a skirt no less, hahahaha I'm sure the neighbors had a good laugh!

Joyce - are the exams through you or through a college or through ????????? Sounds like you are really busy! We miss you, but understand <3

Alicia - how did you miss how sick I was!?!? I had viral meningitis for about three weeks... fevers, stiff/sore neck, exhaustion, nausea, plain and simply miserable, hahahaha I do not envy you about silly people panting over wallpaper.... Thankfully that is one thing we do not have to deal with here! There is plenty else though ;)

Bridge - 1.5 hours away???? Golly and I thought my hour was bad! We will be heading there tomorrow. Need to finish up quite a few swaps myself!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  5:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon - I prepare my students to take exams through the Royal Conservatory of Music - which is an accredited school of music. When my students are done their most advanced exams, they will have the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in music. I shall be happy when I'm done the majority of the "paper" work in May, and then there are the practical (behind the piano) exams in June. Thanks for understanding :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2017 :  05:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon thinks everyone should move to WY! ;) Too cold for me.

Shannon- Sorry I missed it. I guess things have been too crazy around here. :( Hows Emi?

Joyce- THAT sounds so awesome!

Bridge- I have an hour to the craft store now. Will be closer to 30 min at the farm.

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com
VLOG- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rAaWB8U8t13yBZCd-nwLA
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2017 :  08:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Wildflowers,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Why does the weekends go so fast?

I had went to the local scrapbook store on Friday for 2 sheets of cardstock. They were having a yard sale, they let their customers bring in items and sell them at yard sale prices. What a great way to re-home and re-use supplies. I had been thinking that I wanted a calendar stamp for my journal making. I found a calendar stamp set for a dolla…..a dolla!! Of course I also found some other awesome things!
So I practiced with that yesterday here are the results

I also have been pondering the merit badge Make it Pretty, the pencil drawing. I found a terrific youtube channel for art and frugal art supplies called the TheFrugalCrafter I am hoping to maybe “try” my drawing skills this weekend. Disclaimer I am a horrible drawer (LOL) So this will be a challenge for me.

I also made a list of 20ish merit badges I feel I can obtain, so I will be focusing on those. I am also working on creating a Merit Badge Journal to keep all my badge projects documented.

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2017 :  09:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicely done Bridge!!! Sounds like you have yourself an obtainable goal!!! I'm looking at trying the "make it Pretty" badge as well... my understanding is if you turn a drawing upside down and only see a part of it slowly at a time, your results will astonish you. Now to have the time to try it!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2017 :  11:00:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi girls!

It was crazy windy here last week. You can drive down the country roads around here and see lots of tarps stuck in ditches! As a result, our internet/phone has been down since Friday. The line from our house to the road snapped and was just hanging in the yard. Thankfully they fixed it this morning! I'm so glad to be back online, but it was kind of nice this weekend not having the internet for that little amount of time. I feel like I got a lot more done around the house. We had a great purge of toys and books that was very needed. I had to get a couple rooms ready for relatives to stay in this weekend. My second oldest is turning 8 on Saturday so we're having a party for him and my mom and sister are coming from Chicago. Yesterday we went to church, and my husband begged me to go to the second service, but I said no way. We have to do the early service or it messes up our day. It was rough with the time change, but still worth it. There is a house next to our church, and I'm not sure how old it is, it's kind of old, but they're tearing it down. So they let you walk through and bid on anything you want in the house. The stove, fans, curtains, doors, etc. So we bid on a big old paneled pocket door that Jason wants to make into a headboard, and some random other things. I'm a little sad that they're tearing it down. It could've been a really neat place.

Bridge, I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that stuff at work. I remember having to deal with things like that. Unfortunately that seems to come from women more. It's such a drain to have to be around people like that. Most of the women I interact with are in my homeschool group, and thankfully they are all pretty drama-free! I never even hear anyone gossip about each other. I have a few merit badges pulled aside to work on too. I have the beginner badge for Make it Pretty, but I have that one pulled out for the intermediate. When I was in drawing class in college, my teacher always said that anyone can learn to draw. Just like learning an instrument. I was a decent drawer before that. I was always in art classes in high school and drawing on my own, but I always remember her saying that and try to tell anyone who thinks they can't draw.

Alicia, I've had to deal with paint over wallpaper before. That is not fun. Is it an old house? I don't know how old it has to be, but I know the old wallpaper is so much harder to remove than the stuff that was put up in the 80's. I hope for your sake it isn't that old.

Christine, I saw NY is supposed to get a blizzard, today, maybe? How is the weather now? It's snowing here right now. We're supposed to get 3-6 inches but it's so light right now. I think it'll end up being less. Well, I hope it's less anyway.

Shannon, I hope your email drama resolves. That can be annoying, but it's always hard to tell inflection via email and text. My sister always is telling me one of her friends is giving her drama because of the way she texted her back and I'm like.... really? How can you tell?... How's Emi doing today?

Joyce, You know I'm the last one to be salty about someone being absent for a while ;) Life happens!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2017 :  3:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon...how's Emi feeling? And, yes, I'd love to move towards your way! Maybe one day we will visit.

Erin...Snow is supposed to start around 0200 and go ALL day until tomorrow night. Schools are already closed and the stores were packed!

My husband's bday was Saturday and he took today off so we can spend it together. Wouldn't you know--- just my luck---I'm sick. Low grade fever, body aches, head hurts. We went out to do a few errands and I had to come home. I'm not the type to lay on the couch or in bed, but this is knocking me on my butt!

Everyone have a good evening. I'm off to check emails!

Christine

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  08:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How are you doing, Christine? It looks like the snow arrived....how much do you have so far?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  08:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Debbie! We have about a foot and a half by now. It still is coming down. It is so windy, too. I'm in the house with my husband and kids and about to make soup.

Christine

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  08:53:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Soup during a blizzard sounds perfect! We have some snow but it wasn't the 3-6 inches they predicted. It ended up being more like 2 inches. I was thinking of roasting butternut squash for soup tonight. I love soup on a cold day! Especially with garlic cheddar biscuits.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  08:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin: I'm thinking a broccoli cheddar soup. :) We were hoping that we weren't getting all the snow they predicted. Our hopes went right out the window. lol

Christine

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  09:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I LOVE broccoli cheddar soup!! That is most definitely my favorite. I just have a lot of butternut squash right now! ;)

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  09:16:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Soup and snow go perfectly together! Stay warm and I hope that you're feeling better!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  09:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin: I love butternut squash.

Debbie: Still sick. This weather doesn't help any, either. :(