hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  11:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Christine! I am so sorry to hear you are feeling poorly! Happy birthday to your hubby!

Emi is better, thank you all :) Things here are scarily/eerily quiet and calm.. and going smoothly! Soo odd that it is worrisome ;)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  11:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite soup is potato soup!
We only had flurries and they didn't stick.
Ok ducking from the snowballs.....But I really have missed having snow this year. We have not had hardly any accumulation.

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  11:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad to hear Emi is feeling better!

Potato soup is awesome too. I'd be making that, but, alas, I have no cream cheese! My homeschool group did a soup exchange in January. It was so fun! There were 10 of us and we made enough soup to give everyone a 2qt container. I made potato soup for that.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  1:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I guess, if I actually believed in it, I jinxed myself. Heard from my mom... they are looking at the possibility of my dad having liver cancer. He had an ultrasound of his liver yesterday morning. The DOCTOR (not the office but the actual doctor) called my dad today to say there is "something growing on/in his liver and he has to go back in tomorrow for more tests. I'm trying not to worry too much... I had a mass on my adrenal gland that required that adrenal gland to be removed.. done (well sorta... as the other isn't working, but that is besides the point), so it could be "no big deal" but part of me is scared/worried. Yes, I know being worried is a sin... and I'm trying to trust and believe that everything will work out for the best...

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  2:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In situations like this, it's hard not to worry...there isn't a person out there who doesn't. But you are right! More tests are needed but that doesn't mean it's something serious. We will all pray for the best for your dad and that he won't have to wait long to get his tests done!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  3:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I'll keep your dad in my prayers.

So, I couldn't find the thread where we were talking about reading books for badges. I contacted Brian though, and I posted about it under the books section. Basically he said we could replace the book for a badge with an equivalent. We should just run it by them first.

- Erin - Sister # 3762

Edited by - notathreatinsight on Mar 14 2017 3:13:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  4:07:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snow... I am so sick of it. Lol! It isn't really sticking, though. We had soup, too. Homemade chicken and dumpling soup.

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com
VLOG- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rAaWB8U8t13yBZCd-nwLA
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  06:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's hump day!! :)

I am trying to be thankful and have joy! Tips and tricks sure are welcome......
I am such a get-r-done and tredge on. Also the moment something doesn't fall into place I get all bent outta shape. I am trying but it is so hard for me to just relax and enjoy.

Yesterday I got so frustrated that I felt like I was having chest pains. It really freaked me out. Short version, I was getting moms prescription filled and it was missing the medicines name. So I had to drive 45 minutes to go get a corrected script. I called my mom and then she went off into a bawling fit that the doctors office hates her. Which I was aggravated, but also know that mistakes happen. (Side note I been telling her to switch doctors for months, as they do make many mistakes and seem to be unprofessional) I only called her to see if she needed the medicine, if not I would pick it up tomorrow/today when in town for work. Which she said she would make-do....???? By then I was aggravated so I tell her I will pick up tomorrow. I call back later to talk to my dad and she is being hateful and griping to high heaven. (My poor dad)

Then there is the whole work debacle....I am telling myself to be thankful for a good job and just let it be, but with my OCD personality that is so so hard.

I really don't want to sound like a complainer or poor me, I just need some tips on how to let things "be" and not make myself upset.

I also worked on my budget and it was depressing to see how much we've spent, but also felt very good to get it all on paper and make a plan. This all began with Water Conservation badge, LOL!

Interesting read from my daily meditations
Thank God every morning when you get up that you have something to do that must be done, whether you like it or not. -Charles Kingsley

It then goes on to talk about the effects of electronic marvels. Also how being an online voyeur is "safe", it doesn't require taking risks. It states real life is lived in the trenches, and real action is never second hand.
Ending statement....
Today, I pray for the courage to get involved in my own drama.

This really sat with me, I have taken a break from Facebook, other than the occasional skim of the local news. I have chosen to only spend time on sites that make me happy and give off positive vibes. I also have been more active on my blog, but that is more for me than others. Do you ever feel like the electronic marvels (lol) drain the life out of you?

I am excited, I get to go to lunch with a good friend and we are going to the best Chinese buffet!!

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  07:10:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it was a soup kind of day yesterday! I ended up making Butternut Squash Curry soup with garlic cheddar biscuits. My husband loved it, but it was a little too spicy for me.

Bridge I absolutely feel that way about electronics! It was so nice this weekend without the internet as even a temptation. Also with my kids not asking to play on their tablets every five minutes. Not that I want to turn everything about life into earning a badge (but, you know, it could be), but you could do the Disconnect to Reconnect, Relaxation, or Mindfulness Meditation. Bring some calm and peace and earn a badge too! One of the farmgirls posted an app for meditation that I want to try. It's called Insight Timer. I've downloaded it but I haven't tried it yet. I don't know how you feel about that. Maybe it's a little too new age for you, but it looked helpful.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  07:29:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin, that is a good idea. I will check out those badges, I am all-about (doing the hand swirl) the badges!
I never thought about an app for meditation, I just downloaded one called Headspace to try out. It looked simple.
Thanks for the suggestion :) I just love my farmgirls!

I love the ability to have so many solutions and things available in one tiny device and available at the flick of a fingertip.

Tech is my daily world, I work in IT.

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  08:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bridge, I decided to check out of Facebook for Lent! It has been over 2 weeks and I don't miss it at all! I don't need to know what JL is watching at night on tv...I don't need to watch JJ post her daily workout....I don't need to hear anymore political rants....not that I don't love my friends, but I don't think we realize how much of that we absorb during the day and it either sets the tone of our day when we check it out first thing in the morning and it adds to the "noise" of our day.
I can sympathize with your mom situation. My mom is a dear but there are days that it can be really trying! I think it's just their getting older. I've been driving her to a lot of appointments lately. She still drives...but I'm not sure why I'M driving her around exactly! haha She doesn't like to drive in Bend, which is where she's been needing to go....it's about an hour's drive from here. So, even one appointment is an all day thing usually. She always has a few "quick" stops to make...you get the drift. It was like that on Thursday. We had a nice day out and a nice lunch but I was having such a hard time staying awake and it was just one stop after another it seemed. And all she wanted to talk about was everyone that she knew that was sick...it was a little wearing! I think they just worry more about those kinds of things as they get older. I figured she just needed to talk so I just listened...and tried to drive! haha
You can only do so much, too! That would've been a lot for you to have to deal with the Rx last night and get it back to her that day. I'm sure that she really is grateful for your help!
Do you usually stay and eat at work or do you go out? If you can't or don't physically leave and get away for a bit during the the day, maybe you could bring something relaxing to work on during your break and mentally check out for awhile? I used to bring cross stitch or a book to work and do that during my lunch hour.
The Disconnect Badge that Erin mentioned is WORTH it!!! I've been thinking of just doing it again for fun! I didn't realize how much I was used to just picking up my phone or iPad throughout the day and checking things until I shut Facebook off.....and I didn't think I was on it much! It has really freed up a lot of time during the day and I have gotten a lot of things finished.
Once you get to your lunch out today the week will be half over!!!! Have fun! Lunch with good friends is the best!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  08:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bridge...I'm the same way! Any tips are welcome here, too! Feel better :)

Debbie...I gave up Facebook a few months ago. BEST decision. Like you, I don't need to know what someone is watching on TV or what they bought at the store today. It's actually refreshing!

Christine

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
www.theginghambow.wordpress.com
www.etsy.com/shop/theginghambow
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  08:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES! I agree, Christine! I may not even turn it back on after Easter!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  08:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, Debbie! I couldn't wait for Lent to turn it off. I was just telling my husband how great it feels to not worry about nonsense. I have kept my Instagram, but that is so much more relaxed compared to FB. I doubt I'll ever go back.

Christine

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  08:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Instagram is a lot more positive!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  08:50:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't get me wrong, there's nonsense on there also...but not as much. I've learned that when I'm around negativity, I can get in a "mood". No sense in subjecting myself to that on purpose!

:)
Christine

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  08:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally get it!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  09:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I deleted my facebook years ago (which is quite an ordeal, if you delete it properly), and I don't remember why I went back. Probably peer pressure from my family to see my kids. I would absolutely delete it again if it wasn't for my homeschool groups. That's the only thing stopping me. Even still I sometimes try to think of ways to get around it. Maybe if my husband joined the groups and I could just check on things through his facebook.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  1:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Shannon told me Erin! She deleted hers and it took a long while. I deleted almost all my "friends" about a year and a half ago. I don't keep anyone that has a constant negative outlook or sports unhealthy habits. Not even if they are family. The main reason I like FB is because I have my farm page on there and homeschooling friends.

Any news on your dad, yet, Shannon?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  2:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to keep the fam around! We are all very close, even though we see things very differently. I do hide some people though :/

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  09:17:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon...any word on your dad?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  09:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, those of you who have deleted your facebook accounts..you said there is a proper way to do it? You don't want to just go in and hit deactivate account?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  09:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Deactivating it isn't the same as deleting it. If you deactivate you can go back and log in at any time. If you actually delete it, it's done. You can't login again. There are steps you have to follow to delete it for good. I did it a while ago so I don't remember exactly what they are. You'd probably have to google it. I just remember they kept asking "Are you sure?" or the equivalent. It was very ominous!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  09:29:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who has Instagram? Here is mine. https://www.instagram.com/derbauernhof/

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  09:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys! I was back reading and got so confused... then finally realized what Alicia was talking about when she said "so Shannon told me Erin!" I hadn't read far enough up.... I agree Erin that deleting a Facebook account is tedious... but oh it is so worth it!!!! I deleted mine 4 to 5 years ago and am so glad I did!!!! Debbie here are directions - http://www.wikihow.com/Permanently-Delete-a-Facebook-Account I'm pretty sure those are the ones I followed, but can't be certain with as long ago as it was!!!

Things here are alright. I got a text from a friend yesterday... her moving date was changed to THIS Sunday... so she wanted us to come pick up two goats, 4 chickens, and 4 ducks on Saturday... we were going to, but after a lot of thinking, talking, and prayer, we decided against the goats. We just are not ready. One is a three year old never having been successfully bred and the other is a young goat VERY pregnant with her first kids, so no experience milking either... not the right options for us to start with!

Haven't heard any updates on Dad's tests. Wish they would hurry up, lol. I'm not good at being patient for this kind of thing. I'm guessing he is pretty worried about it, though my mom says he is doing great about it... he has a Facebook account and switched his picture to him and his cousin... this cousin died a few years ago from esophageal cancer that had metastasized to his liver.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Just Talking Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page