forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  5:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon!!! What on earth???!!!! Nope. I won't even say "what next?" This must be about the end of your trials...time for a stretch of good things to happen! Actually, going to ER in time to catch on to the carbon monoxide culprit and saving the family is a good, good thing!! Praying for you all!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  7:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith - I don't see a post about what happened!! Is everything OK with Shannon??

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  7:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We serve an incredible God!!!! Last night I was up most of the night with a headache and throwing up. Then about 3, Emi woke up throwing up. In the process, it woke up my older two girls. The oldest could hardly walk, was nauseous and had a headache, and the other also had a headache and was nauseous. By that point I was only able to take about two steps before I hit my knees. Hubby and I quickly figured out we were probably dealing with carbon monoxide poisoning. We woke up the children and brought them to the sliding glass back door, which was wide open, and wrapped them in blankets (we still have multiple feet of snow on the ground!). After about 45 minutes, I could still hardly walk, so we decided to drive in to the hospital (45 minutes away). We left the sliding glass door wide open with a fire screen in the opening and the dog in her dog crate right at the door, opened the windows down in the basement where the wood stove is, and let the kitten run around free.

When we got to the ER, the hospital staff was a little overwhelmed. For those that do not know, we are a family of 9... and we wanted all 9 of us tested, though some of the children were asymptomatic. Only two of us had ever been seen there before, so they had their work cut out for them. We got through it and were brought back... they began drawing blood and talking with us to figure out what was going on (we were split into two rooms at that point). Suddenly the blood work started coming back and everyone began to panic!!! Normal CO levels are 0-1 unless you are a smoker and then it may be a 2. Aly (our 3 yo) had the lowest level - over 15. Mine, my hubby's, and one of the other children's were over 21. Had we been at 25 we would have had to be flown out to a hospital with a hyperbaric pressure therapy room. Thankfully we were all able to stay there together, though at that point in 4 rooms, for more than four hours on full blast oxygen masks!

God so blessed us!!!! I have never been so thankful for a child throwing up!!! We are all still fighting some residual headaches and nausea, but we are home and feeling SO MUCH better!

While we were at the hospital, the police came to visit (due to being "poisoned"), and the fire department came to check out the house... with everything open, all the testing they did came back alright, with the highest reading being a 10. They decided that the source was our wood stove! Apparently there was a small leak in the piping from the woodstove before it went into the chimney, and that was determined to be the source. So hubby came home, cleaned out the chimney and put new piping in place. God is so good!!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  7:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Shannon! How scary! SO glad everyone is ok!!!! God is great!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  7:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad all is well now Shannon.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  04:47:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted in the Under 35 group as well...Shannon, thankful to the Lord you are all safe!!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  06:24:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Debbie, Denise, and Joyce - we are doing much better this morning... not 100% but much better! Looking forward to a lovely day with friends and family!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  11:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a little funny to share.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  12:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness! Denise that is so funny! I think I have felt like all of those over the last couple days!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  7:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon. I'm sure I've gone through these things while working on a quilt. Lol

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2017 :  03:42:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is too funny, Denise. I love it :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2017 :  07:25:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise that made my day!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2017 :  5:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad I could make you smile. You did smile right?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2017 :  5:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not only smiled...laughed out loud and snickered! Is there anything better than Lucy's facial expressions???

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  10:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is one of those days I just want to go back to bed, hahaha. Hubby got pulled over for a burnt out headlight, only to find out that his license was suspended in SC for not having insurance... ummm we moved to Wyoming in October, got insurance here and switched our license to here as well. we didn't have SC licenses to suspend any more, yet they are still suspended :( So he got over a $400 fine!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  4:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently the motor vehicle places take time to update. Though if he had a Wyoming license to show I don't know why SC would have been a problem. Weird.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  4:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would seriously argue that in traffic court...that is not right!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  5:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So here is the issue after talking with both DMVs (the one in SC and the one here) and my brother-in-law who is a police in MD. When one state suspends a license, all other states comply... if you get a speeding ticket that is fast enough in VA, they can suspend your license no matter what state you have it in. HOWEVER, in this case, there was a lack of communication between the two states. We have to prove to SC we have (and had) insurance and they will reinstate our licenses, and then so will Wyoming. We SHOULD be able to go to the court house, explain the situation, and have the fines removed. Apparently what happened was USAA (who we had our car insurance under) notified SC that we dropped our insurance with them. SC apparently missed the memo (figuratively speaking) that we moved, had a WY license, and got our insurance through State Farms instead (USAA wouldn't insure our house out here, and it was cheaper to have both under State Farms than car under USAA and house under State Farms).

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  6:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon - wow!! And here I am....living on PEI for 13 months now, and I just realized I haven't switched over my license yet!! oops!!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2017 :  3:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just applied for my Beginning and Intermediate badges for Community Service and I need to give you a short report on what I have been doing!
I started working at one of our local food banks this past August. Our church decided to merge our food bank with another food bank in another local church. They were looking for volunteers this past summer and I thought it might be fun. I had a short training and learned how to do the paperwork checking in the customers, keeping the paperwork organized, stocking shelves, making emergency food bags, "shopping" with the customers, freezer inventory, etc. This group of volunteers are very organized and I learned how many people that it takes to run so smoothly!
Since last summer, I've volunteered over 30 hours. It's been a good experience...it's opened my eyes to some real needs in our community and it always makes me feel good after I've spent several hours there helping out. I've gotten to work with some new friends. I've met some very gracious people and heard some very interesting life stories! It makes me so grateful to live in a community that looks out for their own and to able to help them out, myself.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2017 :  4:25:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicely done Debbie <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2017 :  5:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have spent a good part of this afternoon getting caught up on applying for badges that I earned last summer until now..I really don't know what happened with my time! I think that working on my Homespun Christmas badge kind of took over my fall and winter...and life..for awhile! haha
I am supposed to share a bit with my chapter about my Community Action intermediate and expert level badges. I decided awhile back that I really wanted to do something to help our local county fair. When my kids were young, I used to enter all kinds of things....canning, baking, quilting...and have done some on and off throughout the years. But for the past several years, attendance and participation has been going steadily downhill. I went to a fair board meeting to learn what some of the issues our fairgrounds was facing and decided to get involved. I attended the meeting of superintendents and pitched in to help. My family and our farm sponsored 2 different contests, a chocolate chip cookie contest and a grand prize for the best home brewed beer. I helped the land products superintendent for several days during fair, checking in entries, setting up, working with the judge, maintaining the display during fair week and taking everything down on Sunday.
We really worked in getting the word out and people excited to enter things. I decided that I would enter one of everything in the Breads category! I was so disappointed walking into the open class building and seeing empty shelves that I thought that would help in a small way in getting things filled up. I started early in July baking and put things in the freezer. There were 26 different categories, not counting the bread machine ones, which I didn't do. It really was a lot of fun but I think I will do a different category next year...maybe pies!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2017 :  1:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie that's so great that you got involved like that! What kind of things did you make for the breads category?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2017 :  4:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie - good for you!!! :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  5:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today has been one of those days that I have just wanted to curl back in bed, pull the covers over my head, and start fresh tomorrow. I guess the beautiful thing is we really can start fresh tomorrow! Sure the laundry will be there, and the dishes, and the day to day stuff, but attitudes can change with a good night's sleep. In fact, I'm counting on it!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Just Talking Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page