levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2016 :  09:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just jumping on to say hello. I have been hopping around here. So much to do and take care of this time of year. I am still plugging along on the quilt for Toria. Almost finished with the top. Time to work on it has been hit and miss. Hope to have it all done before the new grandbaby shows up at the end of August. Then I will be trying to do one for the next in age line. But by then I'll probably be thinking Christmas so who knows. Giving myself a deadline like a birthday or something helps me to keep on it.
Hope all is well with everyone. I don't envy the job ahead for those moving.
Take care all.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2016 :  10:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise - do you have a pic of the quilt you are working on? Love to see the work in progress!

I'm just busy - gardening, farming, canning etc. I enjoy the long warm days though :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2016 :  5:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I don't Joyce. I will see what I can do before I put it in the quilting frame.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  2:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I'd love to see a picture of it also! We had a birthday party last night to go to for someone in our homeschool group. It was a pool party and the kids had so much fun. Next weekend I'm meeting my sister around Indy for our "sissy weekend" as we call it. The weekend after that we're camping. I think we have one weekend free and then we go on vacation to South Haven MI for a week. Summer is always so busy. But I guess it's a nice kind of busy. :)

What have you canned so far Joyce?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  5:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Erin!! We don't have any business I find :) Just farmy business...haha! I've canned my rhubarb and strawberries so far. PEI tends to be a bit behind the rest of the North America in terms of growing season :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  06:49:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Wildflowers!
Miss seeing you all on here! I know Summer keeps you all busy though.

Congratulations, Sabrina! Stay healthy.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  07:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes - miss seeing you too, Judith!! You are right - summer does keep us busy :) I saw you liked my pin about sewing projects...heehee! That was pretty neat!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  3:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!!! I decided to come take a break from the craziness we call life :) We moved on to base housing the end of June, just in time for me to get mono!!! It has been a long month fighting it!!! I'm starting to feel a little more alive! Emi had salmonella poisoning (we are guessing from her siblings playing with the lizards and toads here) and Ben has had cellulitis in his right hand. On a high note, taking Emi off of dairy has helped tremendously - In the last month she has gained over 5 pounds and went from being unable to sit on her own, to sitting, crawling, and pulling up - all in a month!!! I have been trying to go through things here to get ready for the big "across the country" move.... looks like we are heading that way in September :) Congratulations Sabrina on the new little one coming!!! As for the people I owe recipes and ornaments - I'm trying to get my head above water!!!! Please bare with me!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  8:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon,did your husband find a place in Wyoming? My son said he looked a bit in Montana but things are very expensive there. He loves Cody and Sheridan, Wyoming. I seriously doubt he would leave here but who knows.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2016 :  03:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn - I thought it was so neat that I could actually picture Cody and Sheridan...we were just there in June :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2016 :  09:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have an offer on a house in Rozet WY, with a closing scheduled for mid-September. Sadly, we do not know if it is going to work out (the house is a short sale and we are still waiting for orders to get out!) Things here are still very much up in the air, so we are doing as much as we can to prepare :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2016 :  3:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Shannon, I'm sure everything will work out all in the right timing for you. I remember waiting on orders. It was not the best of times to say the least. Will be praying all works out for you.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  5:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Visiting our new granddaughter Violet Rey.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  7:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Denise...she is a beauty! Thank you for sharing her with us!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  04:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise she is so precious!! I love the little knitted cap she is wearing...it matches her name :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  12:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce, her momma made that. She is adorable in person! So are her 2 older sisters. I am a bit prejudice of course!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  6:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, your grandbaby girl looks so precious and of course she is! What do her sisters think of her?

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  4:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Such a beautiful beautiful baby!!!!! Congratulations <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2016 :  5:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Judith and Shannon! She's sweet and I am enjoying every minute I can with them.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  08:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Things surely are quiet on here!!!! I'm trying desperately hard to get caught up on everything! Our closing date for the house has been moved back to October 14th. Depressing but I'm going to take advantage of it and work really hard to get organized and caught up! It means I need to start Christmas presents here, though, which is an added stress, as most of my craft stuff is still packed. Time to get creative!?!?

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  11:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon - I'm so sorry!! Will be praying for you daily!!

My youngest has chicken pox :( He had vaccines, but apparently you can get them anyway?!? I haven't had vaccines, so it could get interesting around here!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  11:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce - thank you! sadly, we may not even have a house now.... the bank that owns the house doesn't want to wait until Oct. 14th. We've tried explaining that we cannot get a loan for a house in a state we do not have orders to when you are active duty in the military... until we have orders in hand, our bank will not approve the loan! Not sure what will happen, but trusting God <3 As for the chicken pox - I am so sorry!!!! Unfortunately, it is a mis-understanding thinking a vaccine will protect you from not getting something... A vaccine is meant for your body to start making antibodies to help protect against something... however, especially with viruses, it doesn't mean you will not get them! Viruses mutate so even if you have gotten 50 vaccines for the one virus, you could still end up with a mutated version (think flu).

Things here are still the same... no orders... no idea what is going on with the house... no clue what our future holds :/

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  11:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhh...I wonder why people do vaccines then? I didn't want to do them, but my hubby felt it was important. He's a firefighter and had to get them, and felt our kids should too. I humbly accepted his thoughts, but I do wonder why we get vaccines then?

I'm so sorry Shannon - know that I have you on our prayer list, and I pray for you every single day!!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  12:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are my views on vaccinations... I am biased on both sides, if that is possible, lol. Please do not take anything offensive or personal.. just my views and I know this can be a HOT topic...

Coming from an RN standpoint (I was an RN before having children) - vaccinations are thought to give you a better immunity to some illnesses... the amount of time it takes you to get over the illness is thought to be shorter... and it is thought to protect other children (if your child is vaccinated, then they won't be as likely to get the illness, and therefore not share it with someone else who may not be vaccinated yet due to age, or other reasons).

Coming from a mother who has a child that reacted poorly to vaccinations - if you look at the time frame of vaccinations, most of the diseases we are most worried about protecting against were eradicated for the most part by better sanitation processes (indoor plumbing, washing hands, wastes being away from drinking water, etc), not vaccines... viruses mutate so even if you get vaccinated you can still get the virus (most of the measle cases here in the states in recent years were people that were already vaccinated against it, as well as whooping cough, aka pertussis)... there is enough of a percentage of people that react poorly to vaccinations that there is a fund specifically used to compensate for such issues, though you first have to prove it without a doubt that the issue is from the vaccination (as a mother to someone affected by vaccinations, but cannot receive this fund, I can say there are many of us that do not get "compensated" with this "blood money" as many of us refer to it as)... and there are some (including myself) that also have issues with the ingredients of vaccinations.

As a wife that submits to my husband's Godly authority, I will say there are things we do and will do that I do not agree with, but will always submit to my husband's decision... but I like to research and present him with that research as well :) Is that wrong of me???? I'm really not sure, honestly, because I am still obviously "arguing," just in a more passive manner...

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  1:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loved your thoughts Shannon - thank you so much for sharing with me! Yes, submitting to our husband's Godly authority is one thing we must do - which makes it easier for us in decision making, but sometimes more difficult when we have to let go and let God :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Just Talking Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page