GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  12:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have that list...I didn't think to look there. Thanks, Denise.

Thanks Shannon - I was a wee bit worried about you so glad you popped on to say "hello". I have been praying for you every day.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  5:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! Here is Rory Adam, born on May 7, 10 lb 6oz.

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post anything! It's been an adjustment, but a good one! I had a successful home birth, but an unsuccessful water birth. In the end I needed gravity working with me, so we had to abandon the pool. Other than that, everything was great. Jason took 4 weeks off work, so we've been in a nice little family bubble lately. We made a list on the chalkboard in the kitchen of things we want to accomplish while he's home. He wrote down about 5 things - gardening, get the pool ready, etc. He asked me what I wanted to get done, and I said I just need to get caught up with my farmgirls. So that's the last thing on the board - "Farmgirl". :) I'm going to work on catching up with posts over the next couple of days, but I hope everyone is doing well! Thank you so much to all of you who sent me baby cards and baby gifts! It seemed like every day Jason was bringing in packages for me. It made me feel very loved, thank you! :)

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  6:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Erin - he is beautiful!!!! I have a package for you sitting here - just need to get it in the mail. Congratulations!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  6:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Erin. He is beautiful!! Congratulations!!!!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  7:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perfect, Precious baby boy, Erin and family! Congratulations! So great to hear from you. I knew you were just a wee bit busy!

Shannon, so grod to hear from you too! Praying that your loads lighten a little soon!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

guineahen
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
35 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  5:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So cute! A fine name and a good size!
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - May 23 2016 :  07:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin, what a beautiful baby boy! So glad you are both doing well!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  7:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in February I posted about my cousin's nephew Blake... the newborn who wasn't doing well and ended up having to get a colostomy due to the lack of an anus. Blake started having seizures yesterday... I just heard from my cousin about Blake... After numerous tests, he has been diagnosed with lissencephaly... also known as smooth brain syndrome. It is terminal. Most children do not live past the age of ten. His is so severe that he will probably never get past 3 to 5 months old developmentally... he is three months old now.

I honestly do not think I can say anything else about it as I have hit the point where I am just not thinking straight. Please please please pray for this baby and his family!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  8:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Erin! What a nice healthy boy! Congrats!!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com
VLOG- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rAaWB8U8t13yBZCd-nwLA
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  8:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hudsonsinaf

Back in February I posted about my cousin's nephew Blake... the newborn who wasn't doing well and ended up having to get a colostomy due to the lack of an anus. Blake started having seizures yesterday... I just heard from my cousin about Blake... After numerous tests, he has been diagnosed with lissencephaly... also known as smooth brain syndrome. It is terminal. Most children do not live past the age of ten. His is so severe that he will probably never get past 3 to 5 months old developmentally... he is three months old now.

I honestly do not think I can say anything else about it as I have hit the point where I am just not thinking straight. Please please please pray for this baby and his family!

Shannon, this is heart breaking. Seriously. I know the road of the loss they face and it isn't an easy one. Many prayers. that there is peace for all.

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com
VLOG- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rAaWB8U8t13yBZCd-nwLA
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  3:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon I'm so sorry about Blake. I'll be praying for you and your family.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2016 :  08:14:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How is everyone doing lately? I haven't been here in a while, but I'm feeling in a good place now. Things have sort of normalized for me, or at least I'm used to the "new normal" with my little guy. I wanted to ask you all how you feel about the badges. Should we all try to do something together again? I failed at the last ones, but I didn't have high expectations for myself given where I was at with the pregnancy, so I'm not that disappointed with myself. I'd just like to get an idea of how everyone's feeling about it...

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2016 :  09:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems like I love the ideas of badges you have chosen to work on together! However, I have a hard time keeping up with you all. I think I am in the middle of the beginning level of at least a half dozen badges. I want to knuckle down and complete them to send them off.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 14 2016 09:07:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2016 :  2:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin...I'd like to do it, but honestly, with summer on it's way, I know I'm going to be so so busy canning and gardening.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2016 :  4:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whatever you think, Erin.....I know that we're going to be super busy with harvest. What if we started again towards the end of summer? Glad your family is doing well!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  05:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm good with whatever you decide. I am trying to get a few things done. I have a quilt in process but depending on which ones we do I should be able to participate.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  1:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it's easy for me to say I'm too busy right now, but I wanted to see how you all felt. I think I'll plan to pick it back up in September, I mean proposing badges we try to do together. It sounds like everyone has other things going on right now.

What have you been up to? We just had Rory's baptism this week. We had a brunch on Sunday afterwards. Jason's friend came from North Carolina to witness as his godfather. He just left today, so I happily have my house to myself again. It was nice to see him, but I was on strict kid duty the whole time he was here. Self imposed kid duty, to let Jason visit with his friend he hadn't seen in years. The boys were in baseball, but that's over now, so we might be able to have some normal relaxing time now. How's everyone else?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  03:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We move on to base housing next week, so trying to finish some things around here! Visited a local goat farm yesterday with some friends. The owner even gave us a "trimming hooves" demonstration. It is from there that I buy the raw goat milk to make Emi's supplemental formula. We will find out tomorrow if it is helping any!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  11:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck to you and the family on your move, Shannon!

And, I hope the goat milk is working for Emi! My xhusband was allergic to cow's milk and used a mango formula. It obviously worked as he was a very health specimen when I knew him.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 16 2016 11:51:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  4:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All the best with the move...I'll be praying for you!!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2016 :  3:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2016 :  03:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon,
Glad to read an update on your housing situation. Will be praying all goes well.
Working on house projects here and decided to get out the things to make a quilt for my granddaughter's birthday. She'll be 11 in September. I have the stuff for it since she was about 4 or 5. I have almost all the pieces for the squares cut. I will finish that up and hoping that tomorrow I'll get the blocks put together. Figured I'd get all the cutting done first. Going to see which badge I can put this towards and apply for it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2016 :  07:58:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! It looks like it's been a while since anyone has checked in. We all must be pretty busy. I have my computer set up in my craft room finally so it will be much more convenient for me to pop on when I can now. I haven't been able to work on any projects because my craft room has been a disaster (along with most of my house) since I had Rory. I've been trying to organize it and get things put away as much as I can. Turns out that's taking days and days, but I am making progress.

How's summer going so far for you all?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Sabrina

Germany
66 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  01:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ladies, sorry I disappeared for so long. Things just refuse to slow down for me it seems. I AM going to figure out a way to slow down and prioritize things that I really want to focus on. "Farmgirl" skills being one of them. But for now we are looking at moving in November, which is going to be a big task and the fact that we don't know WHERE we are going isn't making it easier. Hopefully we find out soon. I am also trying to get a few of my local projects taken care of/wrapped up and I have some back logged crafts I have promised the kids. Then it will be all about planning and preparing to move! That said I would love to work on badges but am just not sure how much I can handle this fall-I will try to at least check in and do what I can. Once things settle on the other side of this move I should be able to get more active here. I am going to be careful what I take on (well....I'll try). Erin the baby is beautiful, congratulations on your homebirth!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  12:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sabrina! I know what you mean. I feel like things are crazy for me and I'm not half as busy as you are! Are you coming back to the states, or do you not know that yet?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Just Talking Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page