True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  04:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way to go girls!! Love the motivation!

I applied for the Birds badge yesterday also. I'm excited about the new badges but you know what's funny, I didn't know we were getting new ones until I was reading the MJF sisterhood issue this morning. I just printed out all of the badges yesterday that I didn't have already printed from the pdf list.mso now I'll have to go back in and print the new ones... Haha. That's ok it's not a big deal I just think it's funny that if I would've waited a day I would've printed the new ones also.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  08:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha Erin! That is ironic :)

Yay Erin on the Birds...and Denise on the knitting! It sure is encouraging keeping our list of badges here!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Sabrina

Germany
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  08:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've recently earned more badges:

Intermediate and Expert level Community Service badges
Beginning, Intermediate and Expert Blogging Badges
Beginner Farmgirl Jubilee
Beginner Pampered Pets

I have a couple more to submit I just need to take pictures for. :)

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  3:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way to go Sabrina!

I just printed out the young cultivators list. I talked to my boys about it yesterday, and they were skeptical at first, but I think they're on board now. There are a few I can start them on.

Are the farmerettes badges just for women who aren't sisterhood members? I was a little unclear on that. Does anyone know?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Sabrina

Germany
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  04:31:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My understanding is far erected are for girls ages 14-18 abd like young cultivators they have to be sponsored by a sisterhood member.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  07:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok... But the badges are the same as the regular Farmgirl badges right? Would they transfer then if you became an official Farmgirl? I hope so...

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9472 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9472 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  12:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Applied for my beginner in Knitting and received it and I did get the beginner level in Backyard farmer.

I got my daughter into working on her badges too. She got her first badge and it was for knitting. She is looking in to what else she can work on now. I think or at least hope we can keep each other motivated to get them done.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ijjie
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Joan
Knoxville TN
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  11:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Ladies
I am working on Intermediate level, for the community service badge and as part of the requirement, I need to report to my chapter what I have been doing. So here goes....I will keep it as short as I can and thanks in advance for taking the time to read my report !

For Beginner and Intermediate levels I have volunteered as a Docent, at one of the Historical Homes in my area of East TN. Ramsey House was owned by the Ramsey family since 1797 when construction was finished. Colonel Ramsey and his sons were prominent citizens in the organization and the founding of the state of Tennessee, as well as Blount College, which became the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. The Ramsey house holds many special events throughout the year, to attract visitors to the house. The most recent being the Christmas candlelight tour. This was the first special event that I had been involved in since joining the volunteer program. It was beautiful to see the house lite only by candlelight as it would have been over 200 plus year ago. The school tours are especially fun, getting the chance to interest children in early history of their own state and how life was 2 centuries ago. The descendants of Col. Ramsey are still involved with the house, as board members. Ramsey House also encourages the collection of Ramsey Genealogy information through the Ramsey DNA Project. Visitors that have family links to the Ramsey Clan are able to submit their genealogy family trees to the project. I also assist with this as I am researching my own family genealogy. I have completed 2 school tours and now feel confident in my duties as docent, spreading insight into living history of this early time period. Children are able to do hands on crafts that reflect skills associated with life in the early 1800's. Candle making, butter churning, doll making (corn husk) etc.

Joan
Farm Girl #849
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

www.muddybootsandlace.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  5:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joan, your docent work sounds like such fun! Good for you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  03:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joan that sounds like a lot of fun! I love taking my kids to historical places like that. Thanks for sharing with us!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9472 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9472 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  08:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joan, That sounds so interesting. Thanks for telling us I enjoyed reading about your adventure!

Well, I had to rip out 18 rows of my knitting and start over. I couldn't figure out what row I was on as I got sidetracked by something and even though I was marking everything off I lost my place and did a wrong row and then couldn't figure out which one I did to rip it back so I will be starting over. Next time I will be using some other form of marker. I have a thing that keeps track of the rows but it is in the depths of the craft closet and I can't get to it. Silly me I need to get all that stuff together when I am doing these projects. I definitely picked a harder one. There are three different stitches that I have not learned yet so I do want to stick with this.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  09:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joan - that is SO cool!! I loved reading your report :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  04:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I feel for you. That's the worst when you have to backtrack on a project like that. Kudos to you for trying new stitches though.

I printed out my new badges and started embroidering them this week. Haven't worked on any new ones yet.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

ijjie
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Joan
Knoxville TN
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  05:36:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise
I feel for you....I've been there a few times myself, but glad you are sticking with it. I started a next level knitting pattern and have put it up, till I can figure out the next step. Trying to avoid the tearing out, if I can and do it right the first time. LOL good luck with your project.

Joan

Joan
Farm Girl #849
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

www.muddybootsandlace.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  09:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, "been there, done that". I admire your tenacity! I have an awful lot of UFOs like that. Now, I will try to go to You tube.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9472 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9472 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  1:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. I haven't started over yet. But I will just need to get motivated again.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  2:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joan....I loved your story! I love historic homes! We had one in the town I grew up in...it was the founding father's home....a white, 4 story, Victorian home. It would be so beautiful at Christmas! Although, I'm pretty sure it was haunted!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  2:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise....don't give up on the knitting! My fear is having to rip rows out. I have seen experts just pick it up and rip away...I have no idea how they figure out what row or stitch they are now on...especially with YO's and things like that. I downloaded a class from Craftsy that is supposed to teach you how to "rip with confidence"! haha we will see! I just haven't taken the time to watch and learn yet. I really should, since it's not that much fun to take rows out ONE stitch at a time!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  2:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a question about badges. Maybe one of you will have an answer. For example, I am thinking of one of the embroidery or stitching badges. You are supposed to embroider a set of towels with the designs from MaryJane's book. Do you HAVE to use those designs? What if you have another design idea in mind that would fit with your own likes better?
Also...one of the requirements for the Grammar badge is to write a letter to your editor discussing the importance of proper communication and syntax. Our local paper is small...and notorious for poor writing! How would I possibly do this, in a small town, and not come across as a grammar snob???

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9472 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9472 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  3:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, I will need to find that class on Craftsy. I started over but have only done a few rows. I really need to do it when I am alone. They tend to talk to me while I am doing it or they need something and I am not good enough or familiar enough with these new stitches to be able to set it down in the middle of a row and come back to it. The YO's are exactly what I had trouble with because each row has them so.....

Sorry I can't really help you with the badges. I would think as long as you were stitching a set of towels it would be acceptable. But don't take my word for it as I have not done that one yet.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  5:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie I was laughing at your post! I would suggest that you email Brian and see if they would accept something similar, if you gave another idea in mind. When we did the beginner level of the Farmgirl gratitude badge I emailed him to see if we could post what we're grateful for in a thread in the henhouse instead of journaling and it was fine. He made it seem like they're ok with substitutions as long as they're similar. If you email him, let us know what he says. Out of curiosity. :)

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2016 :  07:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have applied for Icing on the Cake - Beginner & Intermediate!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9472 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9472 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2016 :  08:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like everyone is having a great time with these badges. I need to start printing some things off and get more motivated. I don't want to give up on this knitting but it is very difficult for me for some reason. I think distractions with a full household may have something to do with it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2016 :  08:23:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for you, Joyce! Did you take classes on cake decorating or learn it on your own?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2016 :  08:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I think it's easier for me to count out a pattern in my head or numbers of stitches when it's quiet....but it's not always easy to find quiet! I once heard about s lady that could knit in a dark movie theater! I can't even imagine.....but I can imagine what my knitting would look like! Haha

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Badges Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page