Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What's are you working on - 2015?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What's are you working on - 2015? Next Topic
Page: of 14

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  04:43:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you! I used waste canvas on a regular towel to do the stitching. If you're not familiar with it, it is a somewhat stiff canvas that you baste on and stitch through. Then you carefully pull the waste canvas, thread by thread, out from under the work. It's a little time consuming, but I love counted cross stitch and with waste canvas I can do it on anything.

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  06:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is what what I spent most of last week working on. I was in charge of crafts for VBS at our church. Theme was the Armor of God.

Last night I made a small child sized messenger bag. I am in charge of a swap on FB for back to school items. We each have to make 5. So here is the first!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com
VLOG- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rAaWB8U8t13yBZCd-nwLA
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  06:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy that is such a cute towel!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  11:11:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful crafts being done here lately in the HenHouse! Everyone is very talented and creating the cutest items to use and share!

I started a sweater vest based on two patterns and using different wool colors that I purchased last December in Iceland. Hopefully, it will turn out to be a cute color block vest for those few cold days and evenings we get here in the Winter months of January and February. If it looks OK when finished, I will post a photo to share. Hope it turns out as it is a trial idea!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  1:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alicia, I love the way the outfits for VBS came out.
Wow, great meat messenger bag. Such a cute bunny!

Winnie, I 'd love to see your sweater vest when it's done. You are very creative.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  4:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Denise! :)

Winnie, I would also like to see.

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  6:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alicia, love, love, love the messenger bag! Your VBS outfits, too. You are really so creative, it's amazing.

Winnie, I'm really interested to see your project. I'm really getting into knitting these days. Pretty soon I'm going to be starting my first project on circular needles. Maybe between you and Carole you can talk me through it if I get confused (which, if I was a bettin' woman I'd say is a pretty sure thing.) :)

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  05:12:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Amy!!

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  7:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't going to post a picture of this because it's for the Christmas in July swap on the big site. Several of us from the henhouse are signed up and I didn't want to spoil the surprise if one of you happens to end up as my partner. But this turned out so stinkin' cute, I just have to show it:

It's an ornament, and actually only about 3 inches from top to bottom. So if I get you as a swap partner for this, please forget you already saw it hee hee!

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  02:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cute Amy!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  6:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alicia - What cute outfits! Love the messenger bag!

Amy, that is adorable. I think it would fit my Elf on the Shelf! lol She needs a new sweater! lol

Thank you ladies for sharing your work.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Jul 08 2015 6:06:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  6:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy and Alicia both your crafts are awesome. You guys aren't letting the summer slow you down. way to go ladies. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  04:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone! Carole, I cast on my first project on a circular needle last night, but that's as far as I got because I have to make a join and I don't know how. I have to look it up. But at least I got started-- that circular needle scares me silly :)

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  07:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't been doing much in the crafting department but I had a major push to do some downsizing in the kitchen and dining room last night and today. So I am working on that. I need to claim some major space back again.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  9:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise isn't that refreshing! That is what I am working on as well, organizing so I can enjoy what I have. I am so tired of looking for things. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  03:34:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think organizing and making your space more "user friendly" is a craft unto itself. Go girls! :)

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  10:15:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I am amazed at how much stuff was hiding in 2 kitchen drawers and half an upper cabinet. I filled a 12x12x12" box. I found a basketful of stuff I had purged from other areas of the house hiding out in the garage. I need to get this to the thrift store and then I am going to keep going.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 11 2015 10:16:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  3:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go Denise I am cheering for you like crazy! It feels good. I am doing my closet over and over. I just wear the same stuff anyway. I did a huge clean out about 6 months ago and just today dragged out 3 bags. I know you're thinking wow that's lots of clothes but really it's not. My daughters don't think I have anything. I need to keep going with the whole house. I keep reading minimalist blogs and searching for what to keep in the closet. It's tough at first and so freeing at the end. I am trying to do this so I can enjoy what I do have. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  3:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maryellen, I have been following a page on face book and it has really been helping me. A while back I was doing my craft"closet" and Winnie was helping me to stay motivated and get it done. It came out great and I have a couple large things to get rid of in that room. But it is purged and I haven't added anything back into it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2015 :  07:16:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep on clearing space, girls! I just finished a project for a swap on the big site. Alicia is my swap partner, so I can't post a picture -- don't want to ruin the surprise! :) I'm now well into my circular needle knitting project. I really like it!

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2015 :  5:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am making a run to the thrift to donate this stuff tomorrow. It's kind of funny because as I am cleaning things up I keep thinking of what else do I have I can clear out that I don't use. I really need to do our Christmas things but just can't seem to do it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2015 :  05:58:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehehe, guess who gets to be on the receiving end for the Christmas in July Swap ornament Amy made??? ME!! Yay!! Amy, that ornament is adorable and I am very excited about it coming my way!!

Denise, I am happy that I was able to help with the great "Craft Closet Makeover"!! Keep up the progress with your kitchen and dining room! Yesterday I took a big load of things to the thrift store and it felt so good to pass on useable items that were just taking up space in my home. All I have to do is peek in my closets, however, to realize there is still much to do! Speaking of Christmas decorations, the past two years, when it came time to put things away again, I sorted out and donated many decorations that my grown kids did not want and that I had not used in years. I hope younger families were able to take them home and enjoy. You know, my biggest challenge is the fall decoration department. But, I am working on that too ......reluctantly!

Amy, I have found that UTube has great knitting tutorials. You can watch them, pause, and review over and over while you try with your needles. I have to see how it is done and practice it to learn. There seems to be an abundance of videos for just about any project you are doing. I am happy to help with questions too.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2015 :  09:02:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I was able to take things to the thrift this morning. Glad to get that pile gone and now I can work in other areas. I think I shall venture to the basement and see what I can find there to part with. Even if it is a few things at least it helps get me started. There is lots of Fall decorations but not so many that I have to part with any of them.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2015 :  11:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You go Denise!! Keep us ALL inspired to use these hot summer days to do necessary indoor chores since we want to be in the AC. Come Fall, none of us want to be sorting out stuff when there are cool porch sitting mornings and eves, apples to bake and can, local festivals to jaunt to and football tail gating to enjoy! Just a word of caution about the basement, don't be surprised if the scarcrows in the Fall box start hollerin' real loud and banging on the lid to get out when you are down there. And if you open the lid....well all bets are off as to what just might jump out!! Just sayin!!! I've known a wee pumpkin or two to appear in my kitchen about now. After all, they are actually growing in the gardens right now. Come the early part of September, we get the little pumpkin pie variety from Michigan in our produce department down here.

Maryellen, keep up that great effort of clearing out your closet. I find that is always the easiest place to start because I know what actually fits and what I still like making it easy to eliminate items not worn in ages. When it comes to other things like house accessories, furniture, and kitchen things, the decision making gets harder for me because "it might come in handy some day" or something like that! LOL!!

I love that so many other Farmgirls are jumping on the July GreatSummer CleanOut Challenge! If you join up, let us know about your progress and reclaiming of spaces in your home for newer and fresher uses!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2015 :  11:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alicia, you are one clever gal, those outfits are perfect. You son looks adorable. The bag is great too.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What's are you working on - 2015? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page