Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2014 :  11:16:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working on the downsizing thing that seem to be pretty popular now. This is what I have so far. Trust me its not putting that big of a dent in what I have. This will take awhile. Not giving anything away that I really like or value.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2014 :  7:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to do that too Nancy, it is so much work but I am tired of the clutter, I want to have more room to put other stuff.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2014 :  06:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been downsizing for about a year Nancy. To make it more manageable, I challenged myself to at least 1 item a day to go into the good will pile. It has been working great so far. Every time I go to town I have several bags to take with. Of course I still have a very long way to go, I don't know who brought all this stuff into the house :).

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2014 :  06:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Girlies - I too, have been downsizing, trying to very slowly, way too much stuff! The problem is not mostly me it is my husband I wouldnt say he is a hoarder (well maybe) but a collector of everything. He plans on retiring soon and we will be moving slowly to Florida to a very small one bedroom place so when I have some time or I make time I have been going through stuff!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2014 :  11:13:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie can't you imagine that all that stuff just hid its way into your laundry and groceries and where ever it wandered in to your house, I think that is how mine came to me Ha ha.

I am glad I am not alone in this.

Sue?
You are moving down to where your family is? How fun. What part of Florida are you moving to?

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2014 :  11:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday, I hauled off two huge boxes of clothing to the thrift store and it felt so good! I have a pretty good barometer for too much stuff, but when I look around and be honest with myself....well that barometer must be broken!! We have been talking about getting a smaller place but I am not sure how we would really do that. We both have our passions and projects and where are we going to put that stuff if we eliminate space??? I have NO answers. Yet. I could combine living and dining room spaces way down and perhaps that would be how it works. But each of us has a big desk, computer and project stuff and we each fill up a small room. I am just grateful I don't have to figure it out today!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2014 :  11:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene - well my husband is a letter carrier, they actually have a place in florida for retired letter carriers they are rented, small but a beautiful, I think we would first go down for a month or two in the winter and then more and more each year, it is only about 3.5 hours from my son and family and about 1 hour from seans brother and sister!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2014 :  11:30:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is good you can be closer to your kids. Is that further South where it is hot and tropical?
Sounds nice for you both.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  08:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way to go on the de-cluttering. At least that is what mine seems to be,clutter. I find the more I clean out the less I want so I seem to be continually going through things. I really need to let go of a lot things that I have emotional attachments too. Really the clutter we have is mostly my fault. I keep everything because....it belonged to mother, grandmother,sister. I mean really I have too many of my own things and I need to learn to let go. My mom had a doll collection which for the most part is in a curio cabinet and it is in my dad's living room. Not a problem. But I have some scattered here and there that don't fit in the cabinet and then my brother in law brings me some of my sister's REALLY OLD dolls. One needs a whole new face because it has broken apart. I should find someone who can fix it but then even if I get it fixed, what to do with it?
Honestly gals I get overwhelmed by this stuff.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Up in the Attic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: