levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2014 :  07:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I started my day by doing some Christmas shopping, had fun and the weather was so nice that I decided to weed out one of the flower beds that I am ashamed to say had been sorely neglected. After that JT came home with a cord of wood to unload and stack. Between the two of us we managed to get it done in good time. Unfortunately, since I am not used to being the one lifting and stacking the wood it has made these unused muscles sore. He came out of it with a swollen ankle where it had been hit when he was loading up the wood in the trailer. So today we are taking it easy. I think I need to look for the liniment!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2014 :  11:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like you did a lot of work yesterday! NO wonder you are sore today!! It creeps up on us when we suddenly realize that what we used to do just doesn't cut it anymore. The very same happens to me. I have to laugh because whenever I find myself in your predicament, the tune "The Old Grey Mare, she aian't what she used to be" always comes to my mind! LOL!! The heart is willing but somehow the body isn't up to the task like it used to be without penalty.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2014 :  12:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh but doesn't it feel good Denise to accomplish something like that, even though it was a lot of work you got to spend time with hubby and you have wood for the winter.
Enjoy your day of rest you deserve it.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2014 :  3:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise...I am jealous that you have already started on The Christmas Shopping. Good for you girl.
I wish I had. But in due time. I usually start in Oct. when my Bible Study Group Goes on Retreat
to The Beach. There is a Fabulous Outlet Mall there with a big Sale that runs for Breast Cancer
Cure. So, the deals are Sweet plus you get to help out with raising Money by purchasing discount
coupons.

Now as far as the work you got done yesterday...YOU GO GIRL! Proud of you!!! Now just relax those
sore stiff muscles by putting on a good movie or reading a good book...you deserve it!

I am trying to beat the heat...which is hard because my Air-Conditioner went out yesterday.
Today it is in the high 90's and tomorrow is suppose to be 102. I get very irritable when I can't
cool down. As far as I can tell the compressor went out in it and it would cost as much to fix as
to buy a new one. But right now I don't have an extra $400.00 in hand so we have to wait. Lord help
all people who have to deal with me in this heat! LOL

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2014 :  09:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Denise, I don't know where to begin...Christmas shopping, weeding or stacking wood????? None of it sounds fun to me...LOL! I will do my Christmas shopping but, like Peggy, not until October or so. As for weeding or stacking wood bahahahahaha is all I can say. I forget that fireplaces actually burn wood....we just flip that gas switch..LOL Seriously, I am in awe of you farmgirls who take on so much hard work...farming, mowing lawns, canning, cleaning, gardening, cooking EVERY DAY, actually hanging out laundry...I just don't know where you find the time or energy! I have sore muscles all the time and I don't do any of that :( I don't even like lifting my groceries out of the car! So I applaud all of you hard working farmgirls!

Peggy...oh boy do I feel your pain. I hate the heat more than anything, as you know. I get so cranky when I am hot...it's not pretty! We had your weather last week, with the added treat of humidity which we don't normally have. I would die without my A/C. Shouldn't your landlord have to pay to fix it ?? I hope you get that fixed asap.

Stay rested and cool all of you!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2014 :  10:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tammy...Oh, how I wish the Landlord had to fix it...but these Apartments come with NO AIR-CONDITIONING AT ALL!
7 years ago I bought a Large Portable Room to Room Air Conditioner and it was fantastic for keeping our Apartments
cool. All we had to do is have one fan to blow it into the Living Area from my bedroom and it kept the entire
Apt. cold. We never had a problem with it until it just up and quit. It is one of those "Everything Happens in 3's"
First my electric leg shaver quit working, then my steam mop quit working, and Now the air conditioning...all in
one weeks time. Bummer! I am no Pioneer Woman let me tell you...I need my appliances and conveniences. LOL

So, Larry and I are hanging at Barnes and Noble today for their air-conditioning. I would have brought the dog if I
could have. Poor boy with all that Black fur. We started on our walk this morning about 10 to 9:00 and his tongue
was already dragging the pavement. He had been bitten by another dog 3 times yesterday...so he was nervous too...
so, as soon as he did his business...I just turned around and took him back home. After I stopped at the Office and
filed two complaints for unleashed dogs. Snickers was bitten by a big unleashed Japanese Akita yesterday morning
on our way back into the Apartment Complex. I was spitten mad! Snickers hid under my bed all day and I finally
coaxed him out to go potty again at 4:20 in the afternoon and I will be darn if another unleashed dog ran up to us.
Really? Are you Kidding me? I keep my dog leashed, pick up his poo and obey the rules...so I expect everyone else
should obey the rules also...and when they don't it really angers me. I know there are people who keep the rules,
people who could care less about rules and those who think rules were made to be broken...but when you live in a
close community of people like we do...that just doesn't work. OK...I'm stepping down off my soap-box and shutting
up. Didn't I warn ya all that HEAT makes me cranky. I'm with you Tammy!!!

OK...moving along,
Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2014 :  11:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 6 birthdays before we get to Christmas so I have to start everything early.
The wood looks great all stacked. There is another trailer load waiting to go on the pile. We stack it on pallets and I am grateful that a delivery was made today that is on a pallet! I have been taking it easy just doing light chores because yesterday I was down with this sciatic nerve thingy that hits me occasionally. But I did some laundry and vacuuming and changed sheets. It always feels good after things are accomplished and I can feel like I am caught up a bit. Though there are surfaces that I keep seeing that desperately need a dust cloth. JT was able to go to work today. He would even if his ankle was broken I think. But it is not and he was feeling better too. :)
I hate when others don't follow the rules regarding their pets, Peggy. Gee how are you supposed to know of those animals are pets or strays?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2014 :  3:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Denise,
Hope you are feeling better. Back pain can make a person not to happy. Looks like you got some things done today just keep going and maybe a heating pad would help. Hope in a day or two you are back to feeling better.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2014 :  7:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw Peggy, I am sorry for your little doggy, He must feel like everyone is picking on him. Poor baby.

Heat doesn't help.

tammy you take care too!

Denise take care of your back and don't over do.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  08:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am taking it easy since I think though getting the wood stacked felt good at the time, my back and leg are real giving me fits today. I am going to go find the heating pad and catch up on some blog and book reading I want to do and the last load of laundry.
Hope everyone is having some nice weather to enjoy!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  10:02:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well we had a tiny bit of rain last night, and then I woke up to a noise in the back and looked in the bathroom and then outside and a pipe had burst below the house, so Washed my hair, brushed my teeth and went out to look if I could shut the water off, I couldn't find it. I called one neighbor who already went to work and then called another neighbor to shut off the water. I called my landlord and told them and they are so sweet. They called the plumber of who I am waiting for, hopefully soon. Such is the day.
It is still a good day, and I got to see the super moon last night through the clouds. sure was bright thoughl

Well have a good day and take care Denise.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Feeling it today Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page