darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2014 :  9:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An update on Cydney she is going in for an upper GI next week and I passed along all information given to me on here to her Grandmother.

Thanks for the prayers.

blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  09:44:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How are my SPG's doing? It is really a pretty day here today. My daughter Laura came to visit a while with her DH and bought her sister(Joanie) some new baby cloths (boy). She has a lot of girl cloths but nothing for a boy. She was so happy when she saw them.

Darlene, I hope you do get rid of the fleas and ticks. My son-in-law went camping and when he got home he had a tick stuck on his chest. Yucky!!!

Debbie, I can't believe you're still getting snow. I guess living high in the mountains lol, that's what happens

To everyone else here, have a great, safe, and fun day :)

Joan Nordquist
Independent Consultant, Origami Owl
Tell your story with jewelry!
http://nordquist.origamiowl.com

A Life Without a Friend is a Life Without Sun.
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  11:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chickies!
The weather here is so beautiful today. I am going to go find something to stitch this afternoon. Maybe something Spring-ish. As we were riding home from church this afternoon, I saw someone had their clothes on the line blowing in the breeze today. Makes me feel like Spring can't be far away. Actually I know we have less than two weeks before the calendar says it is Spring. I have seen numerous groundhogs out and about so I am not sure I believe that 6 more weeks till winter thing that was going on with Phil. Though maybe it is so in PA. We are not quite as far north as they.
I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday afternoon and that everyone remembered to set their clocks forward so as not to be late anywhere!
Love to you all my sister chickies!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 09 2014 11:56:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  12:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are having a soaking rain today, Booooh.

Hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  4:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chickies! It's been a gorgeous weekend here in Blue Ridge, GA. Temps in the high 60s with lots of sunshine :)! I did a little tie dying yesterday morning out on our deck, fun :)!
Today after church we went for some good Mexican, then home to enjoy the afternoon. I painted the wood around a stain glass window that I have hanging on our front porch. It was in bad need of a fresh coat (actually I stained it white - no paint!) Now all the rails and polls need to be stained white as well - too much for me to tackle at the moment, maybe I'll do it in little sections. It sure needs freshening up.
Hoping everyone enjoyed their weekend, talk soon!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  12:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your weather sounded good today Ruth, Like I said we have been having rain today but ended up with a 6.9 Earthquake, I was upstairs sitting on the top stairs going through stuff when it hit and it felt like a freight train going through and it just kept going and going. Noise and rattling and every thing moving and moving, I was in a stable place but nothing . i am still a nervous wreck. and it is now 12:15am.Thanks for listening. They felt it up as far as Oregon.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  06:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good morning...how was everyones weekend? I always look forward to it and then it goes by so quickly. I found myself planning what we want to do on weekends, then when it's here something else happens lol. Maybe I shouldn't plan anymore :)
I posted a picture of my daughters on my FB page. I can't seem to post it here cause it was on my daughters cell, but I would love for you all to see them.
If you like go to Joan Noto Nordquist and look at them lol

Joan Nordquist
Independent Consultant, Origami Owl
Tell your story with jewelry!
http://nordquist.origamiowl.com

A Life Without a Friend is a Life Without Sun.
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  3:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi gals, I just wrote a pretty long post, and poof gone before it got posted! Oh well, I tried.
We had another gorgeous day here today, but the weather man says it's going to get cold again Thursday .... 20 degrees! Will enjoy what we have. Spring is coming soon!!!
Have a great night all!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  3:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals, How scary Darlene! We have had a couple here in the North GA Mountains, and they are very scary! We actually just took out Earth Quake insurance as we are not terribly far from a fault in TN! Pray we never have to use it!!!!
Joan, I am going to check out your daughters photo on your facebook page, I know they are beautiful! I have two daughters also, and cannot imagine my life with out them! Precious gifts from the Lord!
Another beautiful day here in the mountains, but they say it's going to be 20 degrees Thursday morning :(! But Spring is coming, and soon!
Hope everyone has a great night.
oops, found it :)
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  3:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Darlene that is scary! We had a small one here last year I think it was. Very unusual for this area. Apparently it was from a fault in Va. And we got the part that traveled out along the fault I guess.
I do not like them. I am terrible when it comes to any kind of storm. Thunderstorm, tornado. I have been in hurricanes and they haven't seemed to be as scary to me though I think it was because we have always been inland. I do not like the wind from storms or any other kind. Hope all is well with you now.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  08:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Gals, it is a pretty morning here and the sun is shinning so we are going to take a ride over to farmgirl Marilyn's (MountainMama) before the cold front and snow comes in at 3pm. Marilyn and I have not visited with one another in a few days so we are overdue, hubby will visit with her hubby, they enjoy each others company as well. So, I will catch up with all of you this afternoon when the snow flies and I am tucked in in front of the fire.
Sorry I have been absent the past few days, the pain sometimes gets in the way of things I need to do and want to do.
Til this afternoon remember you are thought of and loved by little ole me here in Colorado, be happy my sweet Chickies.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  09:28:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I survived this weekend! It's been busy with the skating show coming up last weekend. I had a house full of guest from out of town and a brunch to organize on Sunday. The show takes place Saturday & Sunday! If anyone wants to see by baby skate, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202659056471545&l=6337104290661151191

I am so proud of her!

Darlene I thought of you! Although you live in an "earthquake" zone, not sure one gets used to it. Apparently so do I, but we rarely get earthquakes, and when we do, they are not like the ones you experienced! Glad you are safe!

Not much else to report. We are expecting a snow storm tomorrow. Looking forward to it. The last I checked it was anywhere between 10 to 15 inches. We'll see! Love a good snow storm! It's just so beautiful!

Take care everyone! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  6:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I watched the video of your sweet girl skating, amazing! I admire skaters!
Thanks for sharing
Hugs Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  6:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole , loved the video. Your daughter did wonderful.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  9:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
All is calm here on the NorthCoast front Yay,
Joan
I am glad you had a good visit with Laura and Joanie and Laura's husband. baby clothes are so expensive and you usually get more girl than boys so I bet she was pleased because it will be such a great help to her. I will have to look on face book at your pictures there.

Hi Debbie
Ihope you are having a good evening and feeling better with less pain How was your visit with Mountain Mama, did you and your DH get back home before it snowed, Was it a nice drive?

Ruth are you in the Smokey Mtns or is that different? I would love to see them someday, they are a bucket list item for me. What did you tie dye? Is there a pattern on your stain glass window or is just a design, I bet it was pretty once you painted the frame white. Sounds nice.

Denise do you have a lot of ground hogs there, are they similar to gophers? I hope you get Spring there to enjoy really soon. I bet that was scarey having a earthquake there. My very first big earthquake was when I lived in Colorado when I was in highschool, in the middle of the night, it was 6.1 so scarey, I felt 2 big ones there.

Ruth
I sure will pray you need never use the earthquake insurance, They have it here but it is too expensive, so don't have it.
I hope you had a good day in your Georgia mountains.

Carole
Your little girl is really a good skater, I enjoyed watching her and she is going to be a great one later. how old is she?
Well stay dry and warm Carole.

Well everyone have a good night,

Blessings to you all,
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  10:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi My Henny Sisters...I had a great day today...the weather was 65 degrees and sunny. Soooooooooooo nice! I just love
the feel of the sun kissing my skin. And all our ornamental cherry trees are beginning to bloom. They are so gorgeous!

Darlene...that Earthquake was felt by some people in Oregon and Washington too. Crazy...as it wasn't extremely strong.
We get them occasionally too. It always makes you wonder if it's going to be that big 9. something they have been talking
about for years.

Carole...I watched your daughter skate. You must be so proud of her!!!

Debbie...how was your visit with Marilyn? Hope you girls had some fun chit-chatting and catching up time.

Ruthie...glad you are having some nice weather too. Doesn't it make you feel so much better to be able to breathe
in all that fresh sunny air? And see some signs of Spring?

Today I got to take care of the grandson again while mommy went to a Dr. Appt. He is so much fun!!!
I actually went to his house today just to save mommy some time in driving. Plus she doesn't have to
haul all his stuff over here.

Well, take girls...more later.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  10:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I found this on Facebook Happy early St. Patrick's Day everyone.
hugs
darlene
'

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  10:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  11:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peggy, It was a 29 seconds long and 6.9magnitude but about 4.6 miles down, very shallow.
and going that far that was big but it was 46 miles out from me which protected us fromhaving everything crushed and crumbled and no tsunami Yay for that My street is 1 block away from the T zone. Wow, that far huh?
Well I hope you had a nice day, it sure sounds like you did.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  08:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just watched Rheana's video she was fabulous, so graceful and beautiful. Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing Carole, I just love ice skating.
Visiting with Marilyn was wonderful so relaxing, we sat and talked and crochet, just enjoyed spending time together.
Off for my first round of Physical Therapy, not fun when you are in so much pain.
Take care my chickies and Please be happy.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  08:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for your sweet comments on my DD! I am so proud of her. She works so hard! She is 16 and now has her "official" permit to drive! Sigh ..... she'll now be driving herself to skating .... I miss it already! Not sure what I'll do with all these extra hours! ;o)

It has begun to snow here in way Upstate NY, I can see Canada from my shoppe! They are predicting anywhere from 12 to 20 inches of snow! We'll see! We haven't had much snow. The storms all seemed to have passed us, however not the extreme cold weather! I may just close shoppe early and head home. I cannot imagine anyone driving in this kind of weather for fabric! lol It was busy yesterday with everyone coming to get their supplies before they become snow bound!

Debbie, hope you are feeling less pain after your physical therapy session.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com

Edited by - ceridwen on Mar 12 2014 09:19:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  08:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope all of you realize that I try so hard to bring only joy, love, happiness and fun to the HH and not bring all the other stuff into it. But, sometimes I guess I do not do a very good job and I can not keep all of you happy and for that I am sorry.

Please take care, have a beautiful week, enjoy your family and please, please be as happy as you can be.

Love and Hugs to all my beautiful chickies,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Mar 12 2014 08:43:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  11:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh by the way the photo at the top is a video on facebook and I had hoped you all could listen to it here. It is the Celtic Thunder, beatiful songs and singing, find them also on You Tube, you will enjoy hearing them.

Take care Mama Hen we love you, you are in pain and that does not make for a person to be happy all the time, I do know how that is. I will continue to pray for your healing and then you will start feeling happier again. It hasn't been that long since your surgery and you have been enjoying yourself too that is good but probaly making you tired and hurt and also the changes in the weather and the cold will bother you as well as the air pressure changes especially up there so high in the Colorado Air.

Blessing to you sweet Mama Hen
You are the best

love and hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  12:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone, Just me here to let you know Debbie may be off here for a few days. She needs our support right now. Lots of hugs and prayers. Having appts and therapy it take alot out of her still.

Debbie we are here for you.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  7:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Sherry,
I will put her in my prayers again.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page