Page: of 25

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  07:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I checked out Carole's blog and shop and just placed and order with her, I can not wait for the fabric and Civil War quilt book to arrive. Thank you Carole, your web site and shop are great.
I am sending you an email as I have a question.
Enjoy your day everyone, stay warm and Be Happy.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  07:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just thought I would share a picture of my 3 Dachshunds with you, they are all excited because they got a package of Yummie Chummie Salmon Treats from Auntie Debbie in Alaska and they are so excited as they love them.
The first picture is Mama Heidi standing up she is a mini long hair red, then there is Bella, she is a black and brown mini long hair, then little Holly a mini long hair red, they are looking up at the treats I am holding in my hand.
The next picture is of them with their bag of yummy chummies.

Thank you Auntie Debbie.
Hugs,
Heidi, Bella and Holly

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 27 2014 07:55:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  12:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie

Aww they are so sweet and look like they really are enjoying the chummy yummys.

Oh yes I received a lovely package today, thank you so much Debbie, it was a surprise.

hugs
darlene.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  12:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you sweet Darlene, we love our babies.
Glad you got your package, and it was a surprise, you know me.
Did you check out the thread under Project Discussions: Farmgirl picture ~ oh this is fun? The first picture is of one our our beautiful farmgirls and no one knew who it was but me of course:-)
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 27 2014 12:15:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  12:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well I just had to try this and see if my computer was going to cooperate, This is the Blue Pacific on a blustery day.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  12:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful, I miss the Pacific coast, there is nothing like it.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Mar 01 2014 06:57:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  12:45:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is true and that is from one who grew up with the Rocky mountains of Colorado for a view for 27 years, I do love the Pacific.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  06:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Gals and happy March!

I am back full time officially today as your Mama Hen, it is good to be back and I missed all of you. Thank you all for all the cards, gifts and virtual hugs I received during my recovery and continued recuperation. You sure know how to make a Mama Hen feel loved.

Thank you again Julie for all your help, support and keeping the HH active and busy, you are the best assistant Mama Hen and I appreciate you so much.

It is cold this morning as an Artic Blast has come through and we will get snow, but we have a nice fire going in the stove. It will be a good day to work on my son's Detroit Red Wings scarf (I am almost finished) and my afghan I am making for myself. I never make much for myself as I enjoy so much making things for others, but this afghan will be mine. It is Mexicana colors by Red Heart Yarn so it is very colorful.

It has taken me well over a week but I FINALLY have my Sewing/Craft room all clean out and organize AGAIN! Then when I am ready I can get in there and do some crafts and hopefully a bit of sewing, I want to make some pillows for our couchs out of vintage barkcloth I have. There is just one other thing I need to do in the room as far as organizing it and the is to have my son hang my vintage baskets from the ceiling. That is one thing Tom and I are unable to do as either one of us can use our right arm very well right now, we can not lift our arm over our head to hang the hooks, so Kent will do it.

I tell you gals it seems I spend most of my time organzing my room then doing any sewing or crafting, oh well, at least it looks good now. I have an extra chair in there if any of you want to joing me for a sewing day:-)

I wish all of you a wonderful weekend of fun, warmth, love and happiness.

It is fabulous to be back full time with all of you, if you need anything let me know, just email me.

Julie I will be you while you are on vacation in the land of warm but I know you will have lots of fun and of course will be thinking of all of us:-)

Below is a view of our fireside and the view from our back deck.

Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Mar 01 2014 07:03:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  10:24:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How pretty! Is that a dear way back there?
I love your wood stove, I do miss that because when I moved here that is what we had, It was great. I love the crackle and smell of the wood.

Julie enjoy the land of the warm for sure.

I hope everyone has a good weekend,

blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  10:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Darlene it is a Deer in the background, we must have 100's of pictures with the Deer, they are always on our property. We love it in the spring and early summer when they bring their babies for us to see, it is such a wonderful site.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  11:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I bet that is beautiful, my friend in the Post office have a deer family that they have been feeding for several years, she really loves them.
They are so beautiful and peaceful most of the time.

hugs darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  4:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello fellow chickies - Well, found out yesterday that everything is basically OK with my heart, after all that, three weeks of worry, worry. worry! I guess there were some minor changes that showed on the tests but nothing really! That is good news, no great news! Sean and I are starting to plan our vaca to Florida to see Grace and baby Sean, we may leave next Sunday for three weeks, should find out Monday! Just wanted to share and thank you all for your prayers and concerns! yOU ARE ALL THE BEST!
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  6:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sue, so happy to hear your news! It's quite Springy in Florida :)! Take allergy meds as there is lots of pollen floating around (guess it goes with Spring - it sure does here in Georgia). I know you are so ready to get your hands on your sweet new grandbaby, and your precious granddaughter. Nothing quite like grand kids!
Debbie, I love all your photo's, need to see about posting one myself. The puppies sleeping in front of the wood stove is too cute and looks very much like a site we have here.
Dave and I went to Chattanooga Antiquing yesterday, picked up a Fire King baking dish, and a framed ad from Good Housekeeping magazine, from October 1925 advertising Swans Down Cake Flour - :) !
Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 60's here, will see if that happens. My daffodils are up about 2 inches. They popped up after the last ice/snow melted. Our honeysuckle is leafing out too, so I guess Spring is really coming :)! Mr Bluebird is scoping out their nest box on our deck, love these birds so much.
Well gals, have a blessed Sunday and I will talk to you soon.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  6:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth - Oh I so long to see any blooms popping up, or even a robin! It will be a while though, probably a month and a half!
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  07:49:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Sunday to all of you,

Sue what absolutely fabulous news about your heart, it will make your trip to Florida to be with grand babies even more sweet, I am so happy for you.

Ruth, you make me jealous talking about the warm weather in Florida and your daffodils coming up already. JeeZ! We have at least two mor months of snow and cold weather. Oh I can not wait for spring. The Chattanooga Antiquing sounded wonderful and you got a few treasures, oh how I would love to go!

Darlene, we just love our deer, it is probably one of the reasons we never want to move from here are our deer families. When they bring twin fawns I truly believe I have died and went to heaven. Living here was the first time I ever saw a fawn with their white spots, it was so awesome!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone. It is cold here but we are nice and toaty with the stove going, life is good here in Colorado. I am feeling better but still sore and in some pain but that is fine I can live with it. Another week before I can start PT so that is good, need to heal more.

Be Happy chickies and stay warm whereever you are.

Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  2:50:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just seeing if I can post a photo :)

This was a full rainbow and we could see both ends! It was amazing to say the least. Think we were in Wyoming. Taken on our trip last Spring.

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  2:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth I bet your daffodils are beautiful and would love to have your warm weather.

i would send you pictures of our daffodils if I think to take one at the school where I work, I will try to think of it tomorrow.

They are so pretty, My little tiny ones have bloomed and gone all ready.

I bet those twin fawns were beautiful,, maybe next time you can get a picture of them Debbie.

Sue I am so glad that your heart is doing ok and hope you have a wonderful time with your family in Florida.

Happy Sunday afternoon everyone.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  2:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon all!

Working on some knitting. Teaching my self is not as difficult as I thought. When dh and I went to B&N the other night I was checking out the knitting books and managed to figure how to do something that had me stumped. Was so glad as now I have moved on to a new project. :)

The grand girlie is here spending a couple days with us. She is working on a puzzle I bought for her and her brothers while at B&N. She loves to do puzzles. She crocheted me a pad for my birthday and was naming off all the many uses it has. Washcloth, hot pad, foot scrubber, etc. She actually had five that she came up with. I told her if I put a little pin on the front we could put it on Sophie, our little red hen. We only have one red one out of the 24 girls we have. She thought that was silly but I told her it would keep Sophie warm and dry. :)

Debbie~ I sure know what you mean about always organizing the sewing room. I have yet to ever get it completely done. But I continue to sift and sort and down size it. It is a very small room but it houses so many things that need a home but can fit anywhere else in the house. If it was just my office/ craft room it would be fine. But alas it is not.

The pictures are beautiful that you all are sharing.

Sue~ so glad all is ok with your heart and now go and enjoy those grand babies!! And the warm weather of course. :o)
Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday afternoon!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 02 2014 3:06:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  4:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals, On my plants that are popping up, it is just a little bit of green sticking their heads up, no flowers anytime soon, but the promise of some :)! I will take photo's when they do bloom, I promise! I should have taken some photo's of all the pretty flowers that were blooming in Florida! I did snap a couple on my phone that were in Home Depot.....does that count??? We only have pansies at our Home Depot. All the ones I planted died do the severe cold we have had. Oh, I do have one tiny one by our pond that has a tiny mis shaped bloom, but at least trying :)! Our pond fish actually ate a little today. Going to get cold again tomorrow, so they will probably go back into hibernation mode (they don't hardly swim, eat or anything - just hang out, but they do survive even under several inches of ice.
Have a great night!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  6:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, sorry I've been away to long.
Sue , I am so glad everything is well with you. Go and enjoy that new grand baby, lots of hugs and kisses.
Debbie , love your babies they are so pretty. I just have old dirty boys.
Had a beautiful wonderful day here yesterday, 80 degrees and the daffodils were blooming at Ms Lee's Farm so I had to take Shelby and get some new pictures this year. If anyone swapped postcards last year through CJ's swap, there was a picture of the farm on mine. Now today it's in the 30's and sleeting and raining. That 's Texas weather for you. Denise I hope you had a great birthday.
Tammy hoop you are feeling much better these days, take care.
Hope all is well with everyone, have a great week.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  06:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, what a quite Monday morning. We iced over last night and had a little dusting of snow. Not getting out of the 30 's today, but 70 by Friday. Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  06:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning All,
Busy days here, so have missed much of the fireside. Envious of everyone who has blooming flowers and warmer weather. We worked cows yesterday in -10 degree weather. Had to take lots of breaks to warm up and kept moving as much as possible. Of course it is supposed to start warming up Wednesday, right before I fly off to the land of warm. Oh well, I will enjoy the warm ocean breezes and sunshine

I have much to do in the next few days, so will say bye now for a couple of weeks. I will check in when I can, internet service is not the best there. Everyone be good and I will see you all in a couple of weeks.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  07:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie hope you have a wonderful trip. Be safe

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  08:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

A picture of Cozumel, Mexico where our Sweet Julie and hubby are going. It is so beautiful and looks so warm!

Have fun Julie and enjoy the warm weather you sure do deserve it.

Safe Travels.

Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2014 :  06:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the Rainbow Ruth, I just think they ar the greatest thing in the world just so beautiful. Whe our rainy season starts in a few months we will have them and I can not wait.
It is cold here this morning and we are suppose to get a bit of snow, ho hum! But, I am not complaining as we sure need all the moisture we can get here.
Today we get to clean hours grrrr, and get ready for our son's visit tomorrow for a few days. It is his birthday tomorrow so he is coming home to celebrate. For his birthday we got him a Leopard Gecko, he is so cool, and we made him a leather artist journal, he is quite the artist if he has time so we thought an artist journal he could carry whereever he goes and draws as something comes to him. Hard to believe our baby boy will be 38, boy is he old! LOL!
Have a beautiful day Gals and Be Happy.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page