sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  06:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're here for you Sue, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  08:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh sweet Sue I wish we could all be there with you to help get you through this, but you know all of us are with you in spirit. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way. As Sherry said we are here for you. Take care my friend.
Hugs,
Mama Hen

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  1:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Checking in with all of you gals. My you all have been busy. We have been without internet for a bit but back for now.

Debbie~ So glad you got your stitches out and can start therapy.

Sue~ Will keep you in prayer for your tests.

Sherry~ We loves scones here. I admit I do cheat and buy the mixes from World Market. Seems we have been on a bit of a sweets binge around here lately. Maybe the weather. Need to cut that out. Dad loves to bake but is smart enough to stay away from the sweets.

Ruth~ I hope you will enjoy your time with your sisters in nice warm Florida!

My dad is missing being down south right now.
He went to the doctor on Tuesday so he could get his meds refilled and they did some blood work and the doctor ordered some tests to check the carotid arteries. He said he wanted to see him again in two weeks to talk face to face after all the tests so we made an appt for March 4th. The test for the arteries won't be done until next week. I guess they got the blood work back already. Today they called and said the Dr. wants to see him Monday to discuss his blood work. Six months ago it came back fine. He does have trouble with his blood sugar though, technically it has not been diagnosed as diabetes yet. So now he is a bit depressed and this is what usually happens when he is not sure what to expect. I get depressed when he does because I have a tendency to want things to get fixed quick. He is 88 years old so he does expect to feel like he did when he was 50 but he has back trouble and the stress of not knowing and getting excited about it doesn't help.
If you all would keep him in prayer I surely would appreciate it.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Valentines and that it is a happy day.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  1:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, so hope everything is ok with your dad, love it that he likes to bake. Keeping you and your family in our prayers.
Hugs Sherry
Everyone it's 72 here today.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  2:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Valentine's day everyone.

Thanks julie The spaghetti sauce turned out pretty good.

Sue you are in my prayers for your next stress tests and the insurance company, You take care of your self lady we want you well.

Sherry it sounds like your cookies are going to be yummy too.

My church,/ mens Bible study group, is having a Semi formal dinner for the ladies and I am getting to go with a friend and I have a shiney black lame pants and top that fit and I am going to wear that. I have had it in the closet a long time. Finally somewhere to wear it.
It will be fun.

Denise,
I will put your Dad in my prayers that everything goes well for him in his tests and doctors visits and for you as well.

Debbie I hope you and Tom and Kent if he is still there have a great Valentine dinner together.

Ruth have fun with your family and the warm weather. We are getting rain today.

Well every one, Happy Day

blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  2:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals, Happy Valentine's Day to you all!
Sue, sweetie you are in my prayers, so wish you didn't have to go through this, to me waiting is so hard! Thanks for keeping us posted!
Sherry, Your scones sound wonderful! I know the cookies were a hit! What did you make special for Mark??
Denise, Will be praying for your Dad and you as he waits :(! My Dad liked to cook, isn't that neat at their age they like to cook (men of that generation weren't cooking much, at least not the ones I knew!)
Today, I met a friend for coffee and a scone! She had late start at school today, so we took advantage for a little "girl" time! I came home and started working on Esther Bulock's Orange Marmalade Cake (from The Mitford series), which is about done! Taking that for our church Valentine dinner on Sunday. They have a cake auction to raise money for Summer Camp for the kids in the County. Dave took me out to lunch, but we are celebrating Valentine's Day tomorrow night at one of our favorite restaurants. They are usually only open for breakfast and lunch, but do an evening event for Valentine's Day - we have reservations, and our food is already ordered. Guess I won't change my mind :)!
Debbie, enjoy Edelweiss tonight! I'll be thinking about you! enjoy :)
Hope everyone is enjoying their day! Sending lots of hugs to all you Scattered Prairie Farmgirls!
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  7:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening ,
Ruth, I made Mark supper at home and we had a chocolate cake with chocolate baked in the middle, and he ate it with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. It was called triple chocolate. Turned out good. Debbie so good to get to talk to you today, hope you and Tom had a good lunch and you did not over do it today.
Thinking of all of you girls.
Evening

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  8:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Valentines Day Girls,
I know I almost missed it! Spent the day in the city. A very long day, but spent most of it with some of my favorite people so a very good one.

Heading to the shower and bed, but wanted you all to know I was thinking of you.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  9:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ruth, Sherry and Julie,

I hope you all enjoyed you day being in the city can make a very long day Julie, Have a good night sleep,

Sherry that sounded like Mark had a very tasty chocolate cake and very rich tasting too.

Ruth it sounds like you had a pretty good day with that Orange Marmalade cake, that ought to make a good auction item and get large bids. Your dinner out tomorrow night sounds great. Enjoy it.

I went to my churches Valentine Dinner put on by the Mens Bible study groups and there was steak, green beans, and scalloped potatoes and a small salad and ice cream for dessert. The entertainment was a harmonaires singing group. It was really nice and there were 86 people that came. It was semi formal so I wore a black pants outfit that glittered. I am happy, and very full. I am tired now but just wamted to say hi to everyone.

Have a good nite
hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  07:07:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, happy to read all of us had a wonderful Valentines Day with our Sweeties and Family.
Julie glad you had a grand time with your guys. Talking to you on the phone in the mornings is a wonderful way to start my day, I love hearing about your life on the farm and of course sweet Oliver.
Sherry it was good talking to you on the phone yesterday as well, you are always so bright and happy and sure know how to make me feel goo, thank you.
Denise I will keep your Dad in my prayers and you as well you are carrying quite a few burdens but you are a strong woman and will get your Dad through this.
Darlene glad you too had a place to go and enjoy a wonderful Valentines Dinner with friends.
Ruth it is always wonderful talking to you as well, you too know how to put a smile on my face, hope you were able to get out on Friday and not snowed in.
Tammy, it is always fabulous talking to you on the phone as well, it seems like we never run out of things to say, thank you too for always cheering me up.
Oh to be loved is one of the greatest feelings in the world.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  09:13:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to pop in. Fire is still going strong in the stove these days.
Thank you so much for your prayers. It means so much to me to know you are here and are praying. The more time I spend with dad the more things I see that I thought I got from my mom but realize now they are traits from him. I have been knitting in the evening to keep myself focused and I always need to remember that God is in control and there is nothing that happens outside of his control or sphere of ability according to his good will. Thank you so much for this sweet haven to come to.
love to you all sweet hens.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  12:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello,

Just letting you know I have a Mystery box I want to share here first if anyone is interested. It is on the project discussion section.
It is full of an assortment of crafty items and I do mean assortment.

Take a look and the first one who is interested is the one who will get it but I can make more if anyone else is wanting one as well.

Thanks
Love you all

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  1:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dolls. Hope everyone is keeping warm, just think though we are on the downside of all of this rotten winter! I am getting my seeds and things together for the summer garden, just have to get some soil and I will start! Love to do that, seeing those little seedlings grow and grow but I'd rather be picking tomatoes from the garden and using them for my supper right now and the tender lettuce, hmmm just cant beat it! Have a great weekend everyone!
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  11:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Sunday my Sweet Farm Girl Sisters,
It is cold and windy here today. Will spring never come. I so want to start my seeds, but am afraid the young man who is house sitting for us while we are on vacation will forget to water them so will wait until we get back to get them going.

I am finishing up a little pin cushion today for a special birthday girls tea tomorrow morning. Can't believe she is 7 already. No school tomorrow so she is pretty excited about that.

I am so happy I have the wood stove today and glad my friends stop by the fireside to chat.

Hugs to all
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  11:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon everryone~
Just finished a short walk with Tom and our doggies, it felt so good to get out. It is a beautiful day here in Colorado, right now it is 51 degrees, blue sky with a few clouds. Oh how I love days like this in Colorao, we will let the wood stove just burn embers until about 5pm when the sun is getting ready to go down and it will get cold again.
Oh Julie the little sewing machine, sewing notions and pin cushion sound just so sweet, I am sure your little friend will love it all and to have you as her sewing teacher. Wish I were there so you could help me, I sure could use some lessons as I am soooooooo rusty. Stay warm and enjoy your day.
Have a beautiful day everyone.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  12:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon, It's a gorgeous day here in Blue Ridge, GA, 58 and sunny, with a pretty good wind! Wish my clothesline was up, there would be sheets hanging on it :)! We had to have one of our clothesline trees taken down, so I have been without a clothesline, it will be replaced very soon!
Had an awesome church service this morning, going back tonight for covered dish supper, and their big "Cake Auction"! We have never been to this churches Cake Auction, excited to see how they do theirs! I baked the Orange Marmalade Cake from the Mitford Series for the auction, so we will see!
Debbie, happy you are having a pretty day in CO! How was your dinner at Edelweiss?
Julie, I'm sorry, you aren't getting pretty weather there, vacation time is almost here - I know you will enjoy every minute of it!
Hope everyone else is having a blessed Sunday whatever you are doing.
Hugs everyone,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  10:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Good Afternoon Chicks - I know that some of you have seen on FB and I could not spread the word right away but I am a grandma again! Yep 3 x in 15 months! Little Sean Patrick Feely (my husbands name!) arrived on Valntines Day instead of a month later on St. Patricks Day! Everything is fine, eveyone went home yesterday and they are all well! I sure wish I could post a picture for you but I gotta work on that! I have never seen so much hair on a newborn, thick, dark hair! We were planning to go to Florida mid March to so when he was to be born, but now that he was early I want to go now; but I have to wait until Thursday and see what my tests show! Oh and he weighed in at 5 lbs 13 oz and 18 inches long!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  11:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Sue!
Each little one is such a gift from God. I am sure you will enjoy your visits with him!
How sweet he was named for your husband. Enjoy all your time you can spend with him.

Hope all is working out for you for your surgery to be done.
take care.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  2:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,
Just stoked up the fire a bit. It's getting quite chilly in here tonight.
So we got the news on Dad's blood work back. He is no longer borderline diabetic. His kidneys are pretty much not doing their job so he is starting him on medication and gave him a diet to use. Fortunately the diet is pretty close to the stuff I like to eat. Whole wheat breads and pasta and veggies. So I am getting my bread baking pans back out again. I haven't made my own in a bit but I never mind getting back to it. The only thing is I usually grind it fresh so I may grind some ahead and freeze it so it is more handy. I always buy Wheat pasta so that is no problem. And who doesn't love veggies. Potatoes are kind of out and he can't have a lot of bread but he is making up his shopping list. This is really just a stricter continuation of what he has been told to do in the past. Plus the meds.

I hope everyone is having a good evening.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  3:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Sue
I can hardly wait to see the baby's picture. I bet he is simply adorable and with a nice name too.

Hl Denise, I bet your bread is great! I will put your Dad and his health in my prayers and that he adjusts well with the new meds and things. You take care too.

Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  4:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Evening Girls,
My it feels like it's been a long time since I was able to come to the fireside to visit.

Had a birthday tea with our oldest granddaughter this morning. She is had a sledding party this last weekend with her friends but since today was her real birthday her mom did a breakfast tea with the grandmas, great grand ma and a few special neighbors. They grow so fast I can't believe she is 7 already.

Sue, congrats! Each one is such a blessing. I know how hard the wait is to see them. Hoping you get good news with your latest tests.

Denise, being a care taker is a tough job, but I think you are doing well and going with the flow.

It was a beautiful day today. 40 above! A temp we haven't seen in a very long time. I spent a lot of time outside shoveling paths and scrapping ice. I will feel it tomorrow I am sure.

The latest news on my kitchen is maybe Thursday. The counter top will be delivered tomorrow, but has to stand at room temp. For 24 hours. I can only hope we will get closer to the end of this project.

Better get some supper going. Stir fry tonight, already have all the veggies cleaned and chopped but need to get the rice going before I start the wok.

Hugs to all
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  5:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are all sick of this winters weather; I know but I've been dying for a chargrilled hotdog on the grill, well today was a good solid 17 degrees so I wheeled the grill from the garage, fired her up and had hot dogs for dinner! YUMMY! I wasnt that cold at first but then I had to put my hood up my coat, no gloves though! Then I talked to my son in Florida the new little fam went out for a walk; it was 70 something degrees! I had my husband take a picture of me grilling in the snow with the hood up but no gloves and sent it to them, what a laugh!
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  6:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sue, what a great surprise for you and you family. Hope all is well with you and you get to go see this new precious bundle of joy soon.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  6:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulatios Grandma what a wonderful gift and Blessing. Will look forward to pictures.
Keep us posted on your tests, we continue to send lots of hugs.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  3:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sue

I can just see you out there in the cold bbqing ot dogs, It had to be site to see, right?
17. Was perfect bbqing weather.

I love it and IT hope you get to see your new grandbaby soon

Hugs

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page