True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  6:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Evening Girls,
Sherry I am keeping your family in my prayers tonight. What a scary day for you. Glad your mammo came back good. Don't you just hate those things.

Debbie of course you can drive a tractor, we have several different sizes so I know we have one that you will be comfortable on. My favorite tractor is a 1964 John Deere 3020. No cab, no bells or whistles but I love using it to rake hay in the summer. We don't use it much but I won't let Keith get rid of it. Probably because it is almost as I am. How was your trip to town, I bet it felt wonderful to get out of the house.

Tammy I would love to know what a spoolie is?

Denise how was the Amish market? I would love to go to one.

Ruth what goodies did you find at the outlet mall?

Darlene did you need any buckets to catch your drips or did they get the roof fixed?

Peggy are you still hunkered down from the snow? We have been so cold here this winter and have just enough snow to cause a lot of ground drifting most windy days.

Keith just started a netflix movie so time to cuddle up on the couch with popcorn, hot chocolate and my sweetie. Have a great evening all.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Feb 07 2014 7:02:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  07:30:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Sherry we hope your SIL is alright and hope to hear from you soon as how he is doing. What a scare for Markie and her family, sending hugs and prayers. Happy to hear you Mammogram was normal, now you do not have to worry about it, I too am always so happy every year when my comes back normal.
Julie, the '64 tractor sounds perfect for me, love the old vintage tractors. What movie did you and Keith watch? My trip to town was fun, enjoyed the Farmer's Market, seeing some friends and a bit of shopping but whew it kick my butt! The day was just to darn long. I am tired and sore so I will take it easy today and rest. It is cold today and we are due to get a bit of snow.
Ruth I hope your trip to the Outlet Mall was successful:-)
Tammy's Spoolie is so cute, it looks especially nice with the Vintage Valentine.
Peggy did you go out in the snow and try to build a snowman?
Denise, what goodies did you buy at the Amish Market.
Darlene did you get any of the rain that parts of California are getting? If you needed it I hope so but I hope it was not so much to cause problems with the roof.
One of the things I bought at the Farmers Market was dehydrated Kale and the added a bit of cheese, oh my gosh, it was so yummy. I love Kale and it is loaded with Vitamin K so it is so good for you, but I had never tasted it this way, it was so, so good. I must get me a dehydrator.

Have a beautiful Sunday my beautiful Sisters and I will chat with you later.

Hugs,
Mama Hen

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  09:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Debbie, all is well , Markie and Daniel are home. He is ok. We are just so thankful. This sure is hard on a momma. Been doing lots of nervous cooking.
Sounds great that you are out and about, sound like you had a great day, try and get some rest and take it easy. Tammy I looked up the spoolie dolls they are too cute. And wish I could have been with anyone of you out shopping. Julie I've been sewing and you know what that means more fabric yea. Will check back later. Enjoy your day everyone.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  11:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone,
Taking a break from staining.

Debbie, enjoy your quiet Sunday and rest.

Sherry you lucky duck. The closest I have come to sewing is dusting off my machine yesterday. About the time I will be able to start, spring will be here. I did order some chenille to make some baby wash cloths for part of a shower gift, will have to do those to match the hooded towel and burp clothes.

We watched Olympus the other night. Not a bad movie, but quite a bit of violence. We take turns picking them out, so the next one will be a chick flck, Keith will love that!

My Baker Creek seed order came yesterday. Makes spring seem a little closer. I will start my seeds when we get back from vacation.

Best get back to my staining. Hoping to be able to put a coat of poly on a few things tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  12:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry,
I just saw this post and I am putting your son in law in my prayers, I hope he is doing ok. I am putting you in my prayers as well for stress so that it will ease up for you.
We are having a lot of rain today and it is very cool and wet. I am going with friends this afternoon to work on learning how to play my auto harp, I bought it several years ago at a rummage sale and I paid a whole $1.00 for it so it was just sitting around but a friend of mine from church is teaching anyone who wants to to play guitar, mandolin and autoharp so I am learning, we shall see. ha ha .
Have a good afternoon everyone.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  5:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the prayers Darlene you are always there for us all. Thank you

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  7:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I try I love you all very much,

blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  11:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Y'all just bring tears to me eyes you really do, I just love all the support, love and hugs we give to one another. Y'all are the greatest!

Hugs,
Mama Hen

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  2:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You especially Debbie and thanks for bringing us here.

blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  04:50:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK my Valntines; I thought this may be the best place to post this. As you know I am to have foot surgery this Friday but yesterday I went for Medical Clearance for the surgery and was denied the clearance. My EKG showed more abnormalities then before. I had a slight heart attack 12 years ago at the age of 44. I had a stent placed at that time. The doc kinda rushed me in to have a stress test tomorrow to see whats going on, I may still have the surgery Friday depending on the outcome of this stress test. I am a ball of nerves! to say the least! I guess they will know right away after the test what may be going on. This test is tomorrow at 1 pm, I do have a meeting at church tomorrow eve but will try to post the outcome of this!
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  07:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning to all my Sweet Chicks~

Sue, you will of course be in our hearts, thoughts and prayers today as you go through your stress test, you are not alone we are all right here for you. Yes, please let us know when you hear something. Thank you for the sweet card, glad you enjoyed your birthday gifts.

Michele' we were so happy to see your post, glad you are home and recuperating, feel better and if you need anything you know we are here for you.

Tomorrow morning I get my stitches out thank God they are driving me batty! Pulling and just so sore, I just want them out.

Tonight we will go to dinner at a neighbors/friends it will be nice to visit and Tom does not have to cook.

Suppose to warm up around here with a break from the snow for a couple of days. But, we are still warm and toasty in front of the wood stove.

Have a beautiful day all of you and know that someone in Colorado thinks of you always.

Hugs,
Mama Hen

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  2:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Debbie for everything and keep warm.
I am glad you are getting your stitches out.

blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  4:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening everyone.
A busy day here. Taking dad to dr' appt and now I need to set up a couple more for him.
Sherry, keeping you all in prayer and prayers for you too Sue that all will go well for you.
Debbie glad to hear you will be bale to get those stitches out soon.

The Amish market is real close by, about 2 miles or so. The place that sells the veggies in the market aren't Amish at all but they are local and have wonderful fresh vegetables. Having them in the market is a lot easier as their farm is not very close by so this is much more convenient.
There are 2 bakeries run by Amish and also the meat mkt and restaurant that they have there. It would be wonderful if it would be possible to have us all go there for lunch. They have very tasty things. I am an special fan of the Haystack lunch. Not the healthiest choice but oh so tasty! There is one spot there where they have beautiful Amish made furniture and some cute crafts too!
I had better scoot for the night. Time to stoke up the stove. Tonight they say we will have 8 degrees and tomorrow night another storm bringing anywhere from 4-12 inches of snow with it. I am ready for Spring. I haven't gotten any of my seed catalogs yet. I think I need to get online and see if I can get them.
Have a wonderful evening. I think of all you gals daily and just love coming to the henhouse to see what is going on.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  1:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals, Just checking in for a few minutes! Debbie, hope those troublesome stitches are out of there!!
Sue, I just saw this other post of yours, please, please let us know what you found out about your heart. Praying for you :)
Sherry, I assume things have calmed down at your house? Thankful with you!
Tammy, I keep meaning to look up your Spoolie Dolls! must do that
I hope everyone is sitting by their woodstove keeping warm. We have had more snow, they say more is coming, but I'm not sure about that :)! Below Atlanta, they have lots of ice (where my daughter's and their families live) Grandsons (Police Officers) are both working today/tonight, so prayers for them please.
Our trip to the outlet mall was good, but didn't get what I went after!! Bras, I have a terrible time finding one to fit, but I ended up with two pair of shoes, one for walking the other a walking sandal ! Both Skechers :)!
I'm getting ready for my trip to The Villages, FL to surprise my middle sister for her Birthday! Our oldest sister is flying down from MA, will join me at the Atlanta Airport, where we will fly together to Orlando and rent a car. We all have Birthdays close to each other, mine, Dec 26, Janie, Jan 24 and Lorrie, Feb 25th. We range in age, me 72 - Lorrie 78 (next week), Janie 81! we are really blessed to all still be alive, so we are taking advantage, and will have an awesome girls week :)! Hubbies are staying home, well mine and Janie's.
OK, have to go to the basement and get out some clothes for warmer weather :)!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  2:26:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, Been meaning to ask does anyone else like scones? They are one of my favorite things but no one else in my family will eat them, I love them with a cup of tea or coffee. Just wanted to know. Yesterday here it never got over 33 but today the sun is out and already in the 50's. Texas!!!! I did make Ms Joy's pound cake yesterday and that was about 10 in the morning by 4 it was 3/4 of the way gone. By the time my crew comes through here and they know I've been baking. It a lost cause. Shelby is sick today so Brittany stayed home with her, dr said it is a stomach virus. So she is not feeling very good, but I should have her back tomorrow. Just getting caught up on things while I have the day to myself.
Debbie so glad to hear you are healing up so well. Sounds like you are doing great.
Sue you are in my prayers, keep us up to date. Tammy what are you doing with the spoolie dolls????? Been thinking about those.
Ruth you be careful and have loads of fun on your trip. Take lots of pictures, and enjoy the sunshine in FL.
That's all for now will be back later. Take care everyone. Enjoyed visiting with you and having a cup of tea and a cookie with you.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  3:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Girls,
Hope everyone in the storm areas are warm and safe.

Ruth, I just hate bra shopping too. Your girls week sounds like so much fun!

Sherry, I love scones. Ruth sent me an awesome recipe for them. Keith doesn't care for them so when I make a batch I put part of them in the freezer for later. I had some pineapple in the freezer I had frozen a few weeks ago, took it out this morning, thawed, pulsed it in the food processor and added it to the carrot cake I made earlier. Should keep Keith happy for a few days. I am trying to use up the last of my carrots from last years garden. They have taken up fridge space long enough.

Debbie, hope your doctors appointment went well.

We have had lots of farm chores going on the last few days so have spent a lot of time outside. It sure is hard to get warm after you have been chilled for several hours. I was glad I could spend most of today in the house catching up on everything.

Off to switch laundry around.
Hugs
To all,
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  4:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry, I love scones!! Don't make them often, because I don't need to eat them :)! I also like to make Biscotti, great for a little snack with coffee, tea or milk!
This week I made Gingersnaps and Rice Pudding ! It's been good since we have been unable to go anywhere! We live on a steep hill, and have two more steep hills to go on before we can get to the main road that hopefully has been sanded! Everyone has been asked to stay home!!!
Hugs

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  6:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

The wood stove is stoked, the Olympics are on the television and DD is wrapped up in a quilt keeping warm. Nice and cozy in the living room. I'm enjoying these evenings with my favorite daughter! ;o) It's so inspirational to watch the Olympics. They all work so hard, so much dedication. Go Canada! lol

Ruth, funny that you went shopping for bras and came back with shoes. When my DH goes shopping for shoes, he usually comes home with a new car he wants to buy. Thank goodness he doesn't shop for shoes to often! lol I am not a shopper! It's not something I enjoy, even less when it's bras shopping.

Sherry, I love scones. I have a recipe that I absolutely love, Maple date scones. It uses cardamon, yummy! It's alway a hit at a brunch! I don't make them too often, but I should. I've been making buttermilk biscuits as of late. The recipe I use is from the book "The Animal Farm Buttermilk Cookbook: Recipes and Reflections from a Small Vermont Dairy" by Diane St Clair. What a great book! Learned so much about buttermilk. Makes me want to have my own dairy farm and make my own butter. I enjoy reading these types of books. I've recently purchased a copy of Mary Jane Butters book "Maryjanes's Idea book-cookbook-life book for the farm girl in all of us" and I'm enjoying it.

Julie, sounds like a nice warm bath would do you some good on those cold chore days! I am so thankful for people like you and our farmers etc... it's not easy work, especially in the winter time. I just do my chicken chores and keep my wild bird feeders and bath continuously filled. Let me tell you, on cold days ..... yea! It's been cold here in way up Northeast, but it's not bothering me. This winter reminds me of the winter of my childhood. Wish we had more snow! I just love a good snow fall!

Keep well everyone,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  6:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, thanks for the info on the cookbook I will have to check it out. The recipe sound wonderful. I do cook with some buttermilk, but to have fresh would be great. Take care and enjoy the Olympics. We are watching every night.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  07:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole welcome to the fireside so happy you could join us. I too have MJF idea book and cookbook and I love it, so many wonderful ideas.
The sun is out this morning and we have beautiful blue skies, the fire is going in the woodstove and life is good.
Sherry we love scones but I am not very good at making them, they taste good but they sure do not look like scones.
Julie glad to hear you and Keith were able to sell some of your cattle, now you will be able to enjoy vacation so much more next month.
I got my stitches out yesterday and it felt so good, no Physical Therapy for at least 2 more weeks, not quite there yet need more healing. Still no pushing, pulling or lifting for a few more months.
Ruth I hate bra shopping too and always manage to come home with more than I needed but definitely wanted:-)
Have a beautiful day every one and stay warm.
Hugs,
Mama Hen

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  09:19:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole,
It is good to see you on the Fireside, It sounds like the MJF idea and cookbook would be neat to get, I will have to see about that soon.
Debbie I am glad you are keeping warm a cozy there and healing well.

Sherry I bet you are really a good cook your scones sound great!
Ruth I love Biscotti especially the almond kind, it is so good.
Julie I bet the pinapple in the carrot cake really makes it moist and good.

Debbie I'll bet it did feel good to get those stitches out, and to know that in two weeks you can start physical therapy and be on your way to more healing and being stronger able to do what you want to do with out pain. Won't that be nice.

Well I am cooking some spaghetti sauce and will have spaghetti at lunch. It ought to be good and tasty, sure smells good. Our Church mens group is holding a Valentine's dinner for the ladies tomorrow night and it is a semi formal dinner and I have a lame' pants suit that really sparkles and I tried it on this morning and it fit, Yay! I have never had anywhere to wear it too, this County is pretty laid back and doesn't have anything formal very often or it is at places the prices to go to are out of site. I am so looking forward to it.
Well have a good day.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  4:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Evening Girls,
Carole, you are so right. A hot bath really does help, I have to be careful I don't fall asleep in there some nights. I would love your recipe for maple-date scones. I do know I am not sending my husband shoe shopping :).

Darlene, your spaghetti sauce sounds wonderful. You will have a lot of fun at your church supper and your outfit sounds beautiful!

Yes Debbie with most of the calves gone it cuts chores in half. We will be downsizing most of the cows in the next few weeks too, so calving this year will be really easy. Looking forward to a little more free time.

My countertop will be delivered tomorrow and the carpenters are coming on Monday. Hopefully we will make a little more progress next week.

Hugs to all
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  4:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening Chickees, Our snow is melting, so hopefully we will be able to get out tomorrow and the mail lady will be able to get in ;)! We haven't had mail for a few days now, as our roads have been icy. It is supposed to warm up this weekend with sunshine! Excited about that
Carol, I would love to have your scone recipe. Being from New England, I love Maple Syrup, and Dates also. Good to see you on here too :)!
Julie, I know you will be so happy to have your kitchen once again, and all new and pretty. It will be great! can you share some photos with us when it done?
Mama Hen, It was great chatting with you today, you sounded wonderful! Hope you rested some this afternoon.
Tammy, Missing you :(. So sorry to hear about the death of your family friend. I'll be praying for that family
Sue, I Haven't seen anything from you and wondering how your appointment went today, and is your surgery still scheduled for tomorrow? Prayers for you my friend!
ok, I feel like I'm forgetting someone or something, but I am not on the correct page #7< and afraid if I try to get there, this will go "poof gone"!!! Been there done that, don't want to do it again.
I love all my Hen House Chickees!
Hope you all have a Happy Valentines Day, stay warm, safe and healthy!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  06:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Sisters, I just want to wish everyone a Very Happy Valentine's Day today. I made myself some Cranberry Scones for breakfast and am enjoying a cup of coffee. Have lots to do today, Markie's work is having a luncheon and I made the cookies (heart shaped with frosting) and she has to take Daniel to the dr. this morning so I must go deliver them for her. So baking cookies till 9 last night. Then I am going to make something sweet for Mark for supper. He took me out on Wednesday night. Said not go out tonight places are to crowded. We will probably keep Shelby anyway. So just going to stay at home and do a nice supper. Hope all of you enjoy your day and your loved one.
Hugs Sherry

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  06:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I dont have anything warm and fuzzy to report. Went for the stress test yesterday, I finished it and felt I could do more but a couple of hours later I received a call that my surgery had to be cancelled, they found some problems and did not specify, next step is to obtain a better stress test and was told the insurance co will not deny this one because of the findings, not sure if I ever mentioned that I had a heart attack 12 years ago at the age of 44 at that time stents were placed. so, again, waiting for a phone call I assume the test will be sometime next week, I am trying to keep busy so as not to worry, but my family seems more worried than I.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page