ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  08:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I read you about morning quiet time. The whole world is asleep, not a noise in sight! I used to get quiet time in the morning, but now I get it late in the evening. That's why I go to bed so late. ;)

Not much happening at the moment. Was hoping to do some machine quilting yesterday, but I ended up catching up on my magazine reading. Clean up the pile! I did get my chicken chores out of the way. It was gorgeous out. If the sun had been out I would have sat outside enjoying my latte!

Presently at the hair dresser getting my wisdom hidden! Some people really enjoy going to the hairdresser, not me. There are just so many things I would rather do. Just not ready to go gray yet. Never mind that I have a difficult time just sitting not being productive.

Started a new hand embroidery quilt. "The night before Christmas" by Crabapple hill designs. Hoping to have it all together by dec 2014.

Well, enjoy your day!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  8:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
I love "The Night Before Christmas" pattern! I have thought about getting it. I think they are having a sale right now too. I really should check. I have so many projects I need to finish that I have been debating as to whether I should really purchase anything else till I get some of these done first. Decisions, decisions.

Thought I'd just check in with you all before heading to bed.
See you tomorrow!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  9:22:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good nite everyone
Julie I would love a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting, yum! I didn't do that much today, just looked through my material, reorganized boxes to send stuff in and have been on Listia where they give free things away. I put a blond wig on it to see how it works, you get to earn credits to buy stuff with, but everything I see want is already bid higher than the credits I have.

It is fun though and a way to get rid of stuff too.

Well have a restful night's sleep.

blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  11:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well they called in a snow day for tomorrow for the impending SNOWMAGEDDON that's coming so I have time to sit cozy up to a "fire" and snag a cupcake or 2. So far I'm not impressed it hasn't even started her and it's 2am. Right now I am planning on a trip to Branson, Mo. for a dance convention. It's at the end of February so I won't be seeing much of the scenery. We might make a stop at the toy museum or see if we can find some sort of fun themed place to eat. I got a whole bunch of calendars that were left over from one of the mall stores my brother worked at. I have been finding so many crafty things I can do with the pictures. Anyway not much going my brother may be moving to Wichita so I might be seeing my little nephews more in the future.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  06:10:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning my friends,
Oh it is so cold here this morning, -15 when I got up and not supposed to get much above 0 today. Unfortunately I can not stay in my warm house today. Have appointments scheduled all afternoon, so it will be a day of running around, I just hate those days. Our tax appointment is first on the schedule, so yesterday was spent finishing up the last bit of paper work I had to do for that.

Carole-I know how you feel. I may be a grandma of 7, but I am not ready to look like one yet. But I always hate sitting at the hair dresser and watching my precious minutes slip by. I love Crabapple Hill patterns, Denise thank you for the heads up on the sale. I don't need another pattern or project in this house, but might have to check them out.

Amber, help yourself to a cupcake. It is good to have you here by the fire.

Mama Hen, I hope you are doing well and continue to heal. How's the crocheting going?

Best get started with my day girls. Someone is going to have to do some treat baking for our chats, we seem to go through a lot of goodies, sure glad they are virtual, I need to fit my bathing suit next month for vacation.

Have a great day,
Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  06:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Julie, I'm on my way to the kitchen to make some banana nut muffins, and no telling what else I will come up with. It's cold and rainy here today so staying in to bake and hoping to get a little sewing done to. Will have to check out the Christmas pattern. Thanks. Have a great day everyone. Hope to join you by the fire later.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  08:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sitting here catching up on some reading when I SHOULD be finishing my lesson plan for my class today and tonight. It's a full day for me. Did not get much done this weekend, despite high hopes. I think my mind and body was telling me I needed to slow down because that's all I could do. Vegge, but I did catch up on my magazines. I'm such a magazine junkie! lol

Today's topic for the Prairie Women Sewing Circle is hygiene (Circa 1840 to 1920). Word of advice, do not google "history of bathhouses" cuz I'm telling you the sites that come up ... I just don't want to know that stuff! lol Oh, and also the history of corsets either! lol I'm so naive at times. Innocent topics in my mind but not for others! lol Love hosting these clubs, and the members are so much fun. I have a retired social history teacher, what a hoot and a wealth of information she is. When we talked about the civil war, we had Kitty who gave us a southern perspective. Love my groups!

Denise & Julie, you can never have too many projects! ;o) Sometimes I start something and realize that it's just not me. I pack it up and give it to someone who would appreciate doing the project. In my humble opinion, life is just to short to work on projects that I am not passionate about. My problem is that I have too many passionate projects! lol I'll keep my dilemma! ;o)

Okay, best get back to finishing up on the lesson plan. I'm so tired, I should have never gone to bed early. I need a sugar high, I'll have a couple of muffins Sherry, please, to go with my latte!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com

Edited by - ceridwen on Feb 05 2014 07:40:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  03:50:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coming to sit by the fireside. Actually, I am having a bit of trouble getting the fire stoked up this morning and we are having rain so there are buckets that have made their appearance ever since the snow started to melt and the rain began. I hate buckets and my dh hates to hear that it is leaking. Though he doesn't seem to mind the buckets and when the sun shines goes and looks at the roof but since he can't tell where the leak is when it is not raining it has not yet been taken care of. :( JT is definitely not big on house maintenance.

Well, I have gotten most of my craft room cleaned up and cleaned out. Not as much as I should but I'll keep after it.
Went to mail a package yesterday and was shocked at how much postage has gone up. 3 more cents for a stamp and 1.05 for the same size package I mailed two weeks ago. Suffice to say I did not mail the package. I will make it into smaller packages and mail them separately over time. Sure is going to cut down on mailing letters and cards for me. We budget our money and since we have grandchildren who live far away we have to send their birthday and Christmas gifts so have to save the pennies for that. Amazing how it changes once we start seeing where every penny is spent.

We are due for yet another round of storms on Sunday. Not sure we will make it to church as it is a 40 minute ride and the roads we have to take to get there are never plowed in time. Sundays go fast for us because of our travel time and time spent away from the house. I don't always like that though I do enjoy going to be with our church family.

So, I guess I'd better go check it sound like there are a couple more buckets needed.
Have a great day and stay warm and dry all!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  07:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Chickees, I have been away and busy, so haven't had time to chat! I'm still in my PJs and it's 10:30!!! Yikes, have so much to do today. Having a CT of my kidneys, etc this afternoon. I am a Kidney Cancer Survivor, so they are checking to make sure all is well!
Will catch up with you, hopefully tonight!
Enjoy you day!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  10:49:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi my Sweet Sisters, it is cold here. Well I actually get to stay home today. It rained yesterday and had to go to the big city and run errands. Why does it always rain
when I go some where. Trying to clean out the closet which I did and am taking five bags of stuff to Goodwill and St. Vincents. It looks a lot different in my closet.
Yummy Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese and some hot tea.

Ruth I love to leave my PJ's on all day if I don't have a lot of things outside to do. Right now it is cold and wet.
Hope everything goes well with your C-Scan today!

Well am going to get off her and clean up the kitchen will try to be back later. HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Marlee
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  07:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Everyone,
It is a very cold morning here -17 but we are toasty and warm with our wood burning stove going and having our morning coffee.
I went to my sewing/craft group yesterday, oh it felt good to be out of the house and among friends. I am feeling better although I am still very sore and in some pain but it gets better every day. At least when I take the sling off for a break I can write a bit and catch up with all of you, I miss all of you so much and our chats.

Ruth, you know you are in my heart, thoughts and prayers.
Marlee, glad you were able to have a day off but sorry it rained:-) But, doesn't it always feel good to do something besides work?
Carole, Julie, Sherry and Denise, I love reading about all of you, your fabric and making quilts. I have been working on a Cathedral Window Quilt for years, it is a pure quilt as I am doing it all by hand. My sewing machine hates me. I too love fabric! All of us should meet at a favorite fabric store shop then have lunch, sound like fun.
I am so happy to see all of you here and enjoying our chats together it has and will continue to be so much fun.
Tammy, what did you and your family do this past weekend, are your ole muscles still sore:-)
Stay Warm my Sweet Sisters, and I will check in again later.
Hugs,
Mama Hen

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 06 2014 07:34:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  07:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, Debbie so glad to see you on here! It's good that you can get on the computer and chat with us all once in a while; I did not expect to "see" you so soon but thats a good thing!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  08:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Debbie,
It is good to see you up and around again and feeling so much better, I think that is a wonderful idea to meet at a fabric store and see all the new fabrics, That is a dangerous place to be, ha ha, Tea would be good on a day like this.

It is raining here and I have a roofer on my roof hopefully fixing leaks, There is one around my chimney and maybe some others. The landlord may put on a new roof. It has a corrogated fiberglass roof on it and it is not good at all. The last owner used what ever was cheap/
I am going to work on a doll today I think. I have never made one so we shall see. It requires a machine which I prefer hand sewing but I got my sewing machine out to do it.

Hi Sue good to see you too.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  10:45:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting ready to sit down to a wonderful meal of Creamy Cheddar Potato Soup, Bountiful Beer Bread and Nana's Apple Cake, doesn't it just sound yummy. Soup is simmering on the stove and bread is baking in the oven, smells so good.
Thank you Julie for sending us such a thoughtful gift, Tom sure does appreciate you, you made things a bit easier for us.
Will be back later to let everyone know how it tastes. Oh by the way there is plenty stop by for some, Tom said to tell you that you can help him with the dishes:-)
Love Ya,
Mama Hen

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  11:55:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although, I don't have a wood stove and we rarely need to use the fireplace here in California, I will pop in and say hello.

Debbie, I am so happy to see that you are back posting again. I love our long phone chats...you sound wonderful and you seem as if you are getting better really quickly....that's great! I see that you are poking fun at my hike...well I can only say that since I haven't been hiking in a while, it was not a good idea to make my first hike a straight uphill 2 mile hike and then back down a narrow very very steep trail to the bottom! I thought I did great until the next day when I woke up :/ Every bone in my body hurt for a week. I was going through the Bengay like crazy...even the dog was sniffing me with disgust! I guess I will have to take an easier (i.e. flatter) trail next time. We went across town and up into the hills to San Damiano Retreat. It is an absolutely beautiful place...non denominational, run by monks. You can go there to just walk the grounds and sit and relax, or they have weekend retreats there as well. I have some beautiful pictures which I will post on FB soon. Such a peaceful and beautiful spot. Unfortunately, because of the drought, our view of Mt. Diablo and its surroundings was so so brown. Normally, at this time of year it would be a beautiful green. We are having rain here today, which is expected to last through the weekend...YAY! It is chilly (low '50's)...yeah I know that's not chilly to most of you, but at least I can put on a sweater and some UGG boots. I really don't want to wear flip flops in January!

We have been avidly watching American Idol this season, as one of my daughters classmates at Monte Vista High School has made it through pretty far (at least as far as we've watched). Shea was in chorus with her (Rachel Rolleri) last year and we heard her sing at the school Pops Concert. She sang a beautiful cover of Bonnie Raitt's Angel From Montgomery...she really is a phenomenal singer. Shea says she has made it to the top 24 so far. She has not been at school, so I guess that's a good sign, and they give weekly updates on her progress when they do the announcements every week. As you can imagine, it is very exciting for the students at Monte Vista.

Ruth, I am sure your tests were just fine, but I am thinking good thoughts for you always!

I am working on my Valentines today, and also trying a new project. A friend of Debbie's and mine who we met in Atlanta sent both of us a beautiful Valentine gift called a "spoolie", so I am going to try my hand at making some. As all of you probably know, I have zero sewing skills, so I pretty much stick to paper crafts. I do have a beautiful needlepoint canvas that I want to start on at some point in the near future. Needlepoint is the only sewing type craft that I can do. My problem is tearing myself away from my books and magazines. I have so many magazines to get through (so that I can pass them on to Debbie)! And books....so many books. Thanks to Peggy for all the great recommendations. Peggy and I share much of the same taste in reading material :)

I am envious of all of your baking and cooking skills....Wow! You ladies cook more in a day than I do in a week...LOL. I'm sure my family wishes they had all the homemade treats too.

Well, it's back to Valentines for me. Have a great day!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  12:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay Tammy when Tom and I come and visit I want to go on that hike and to visit the San Damiano retreat run by the monks, it sounds awesome. We have one in Canon City about 45 minutes from here but it is a Winery run by the Monks and they make all the wine, it is so good.
Just had my lunch compliments of Julie and it really was delicious, I will have the left overs for supper, Yum.
Time for my nap as this old gal is wore out and not feeling well right now, stoke that fire Tom, I want it warm and toasty.
Nite, Nite.
Hugs,
Mama Hen

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  2:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi My Fireside Friends...haven't been on here as much as I would like to be...but just got my Apartment totally put
back together after the Kitchen Remodel, haven't felt very well (like Tammy climbing hills) doing all the kitchen
prep, cleaning, and re-storing the kitchen, and cleaning my living room, dining room, and bedroom all by myslelf
left me in a world of hurt too. Hey, Tammy...I highly recommend Arnacare...for sore Muscles...it is odorless, at least
the pets will quit sniffing you and probably your loved ones will come closer. LOL It comes in a cream or a gel and I
like the gel the best. I keep a tube in every room of my house as it helps with my Fibro muscle pain too.

Well, believe it or not girls it is snowing at my house. It has been coming down very slowly all day. The actual
Winter Warning Storm isn't suppose to hit until 5:00 pm And we are suppose to get 3-7 inches from that Storm.
The first dusting of snow hit the streets and immediately froze because we haven't warmed above freezing today.
So, out in Battle Ground where I use to live (20 minutes from here) they had a 20 car pile-up with one person
dead...and then in the opposite direction (South towards Salem Oregon) they had another huge car pile up. All
schools and businesses have closed today around 1:00.

Larry and I are just hunkered in watching the snow and each doing our own thing. Me reading and sipping Choc./Rose
Tea and I had a couple dove dark choc. candies to top it off. Larry slept late...because he worked last night
until 11:00 pm doing Legal Postings. Then came home and did some computer editing for his Son who is still in the
battle for his life with the Federal Court System over his selling MMS. I told many of you about it last year when
him and his wife were arrested along with his Secretary and her husband. What a Nightmare....I just have to turn it over to God and leave it in his hands...because it is BIGGER than all of us...and so out of our control.

Debbie...that lunch Julie provided for you guys sounds just wonderful!!! My Pkg to you is in Larry's car...he didn't get to the Post Office in time last night...just missed closing. With this snow and ice it might be a few more days
but you will get it eventually dear girl. I'm so glad everyone is spoiling you...YOU DESERVE IT!!! If you've gotta
be down and out for a time...a little pampering just makes you get well quicker! (+:

Tammy...I should be working on my Valentine's Cards too but I feel too Lazy to do anything today. How bad is that!
Non of us girls in my reading group liked how the Great Pearl Heist was written. We loved the story but thought it
was going to be told in Novel Form...not a long list of FACTS AND CHARACTERS. To me it felt like reading a NEVER ENDING NEWSPAPER ARTICLE. But the Story was good.
I did love, love, love, Astor Place Vintage. That was so good! I highly recommend it to you other girls.

Some of you probably heard that I quit Hostessing Mail Art. I am sad about it because I love Mail Art. The actually designing, sending and receiving but NOT THE HEADACHES AND HEARTACHES of Farmgirls who will
not DO what they committed to. Same OLD STORY just different Swap.
The Bigger The Swap the more the problems as Debbie knows from taking over Secret Sisters after I gave up on that too. I am not a quitter girls...but at my age I just no longer plan to play unless I am having fun...NOT STRESS AND GUILT. My health is only made worse by
Stress...so, I guess Megan (Mary Jane's Daughter) has decided to take
it back and run it from the Farm. I believe she originally started it.
She is young, very sweet and probably has more invested in making it work...as it is her Family's Business. I wish her luck! Maybe just
being who she is will help keep people motivated to do what they
committed to do.

OK, sorry my Fireside Chat became a book. LOL More later my little
Chickies.

Ruthie...praying for you sweet lady.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 06 2014 3:02:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  3:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth,
Thinking of you and praying for you today.
JT and I were away most of the day at a funeral. The funeral was a half lour drive and the internment was about 2 miles from our house but the luncheon was back at the church so we spent about 2 hrs of the day just driving from place to place. The woman who passed was a sweet godly woman from our church. We have known her and her husband for many years. We met them at a previous church we attended with them years ago about 19 since we were going there. Anyway, we left , they left later on and oddly enough we have been attending our present church for about 7 yrs and they started coming about 4 yrs ago. He is 89 yrs old and she was 88. What an impact they have had on the lives of so many. The really strange thing is we share the same last name though we are not related. :)

I am in the process of getting caught up on laundry this evening. Hoping to get to my Valentines tomorrow and get them sent out.

Good to see you here at the fireside Debbie.

Hope everyone is enjoying their evening. We are preparing for yet another round of snow tomorrow night into Sunday.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  5:51:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Girls,
Tammy how wonderful to see you here at the fireside. You don't need a fire to come and share your day, we are just happy you are here. Your hike sound wonderful although after hearing about the Ben gay, I feel your pain. I use Bio Freeze, it comes in a roll on so my hand isn't heating up with my achey parts. How exciting to know someone participating on American Idol.

Debbie, I am glad you were able to enjoy your lunch. I would be happy to do your dishes if I was there. So glad your able to post again.

Peggy, how lucky you are to have your kitchen done. I am in week 6 of our remodel and far from being done. Hopefully my counter top will be in next week.

Ruth I am thinking of you today. Denise and Darlene I hope your roofs get fixed soon.

I Have spent the last few days with appointments, errands in the big city and trying to get caught up on some house projects. I need to get some doors and trim stained and sealed so that is my goal for the next few days. We ship calves next week so need to get caught up on my projects in the house. We are watching the Olympics tonight, I love watching the skating events.

Have a great evening girls.
Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  5:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Chickies, Thanks for all the prayers, they were felt :)! I had had an allergic reaction to CT contrast years ago, but they pre-medicated me and I had no problem with it yesterday. The neat thing is, the girl that did my CT was our neighbor when she was growing up, she has been gone for several years. Had gone off to college, now married so I didn't even recognize her. We had a great little reunion, and got hugs when I left, how special is that :)! God is so good and knew exactly what I needed. She and her hubby will be moving the end of this month to Sevierville, TN where he will be flying tourist helicopters. He wants to fly Medical Helicopters and will be getting the necessary hours he needs to do that. I am so happy for both of them.
We had a little dusting of snow tonight, but think it is done! Hope so because we plan on going to Dawsonville, GA tomorrow to the outlet mall. (shopping is not my favorite thing to do, but I have some necessary undergarments to buy :( ).
So I'll say "Good Night" to all, have a great night and please stay warm and safe.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  6:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, so glad to see everyone here and to hear what everyone is doing. Our low tonight is 23 sorry but that is cold to us here in north east Texas. Everyone around us got some snow today but not us we had sunshine but cold. Sent some of my Valentines out yesterday hoping to get the rest out by Saturday. Glad to hear your doing well Debbie, and tell Tom to hang in there. I would love to be there helping, I think I need a vacation. Not a good morning until the mail came and I got three great letters from my farmgirl sisters sure made my day. Ya'll just knew. Thank you. Better get busy cleaning the kitchen and working on my valentines. Night everyone. Take care.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  07:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Up early this morning! Heading out to the Amish market near us to get some fresh veggies. Did some laundry and dusting and arranging my valentine decor on my hutch. Putting all my hennie valentines on there too!

Feel good that I got some things done so I can scoot over there and back so I can work on my Valentines. Feel like a little kids in school again.

We are having some beautiful weather. Looking forward to being out in the sunshine because come tomorrow night we are in for another snow storm. Take the bad with the good. Actually I don't see snow as to bad as long as I can stay in and do some crafty things during it!

Have a great day everyone!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  08:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Everyone, the sun is shinning this morning and it is in the 40's so it will be a good day.
Denise wish I were there to go tot he Amish Market with you to get some fresh veggies. I love the Amish, fresh veggies and spending time with friends.
Sherry isn't farmgirl mail the best, I am not sure I could live with out it as it sure does brighten this old girls day.
Ruth glad you tests are behind you, enjoy lunch today and the Outlet Mall.
Julie is right Tammy the Bio Freeze is great in fact don't you use it on your knees, it helps other aches and pains as well. Julie when I come to visit do you think Keith would let me drive the tractor? It is on my bucket list.
Darlene, hope your roof is fixed and all is well.
Tomorrow I am hoping I feel up to a drive to the next little town to the Farmers Market, then there are Dog Sled Races so that will be fun. Will take a pain pill before I go. Will tell you all about it.
Have a beautiful day my friends, stay warm. I will chat with all of you later.
Hugs,
Mama Hen

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  09:49:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone, It is good to see you all up and around,
Denise I think it would be so fun to go to an Amish Market and I bet the vegetables are so good and Organic.
Sherry I know your going to enjoy making valentines, I am working on something for all but it will take a while it isn't on paper.
I have to stay off of the computer to get them done though.
Ruth it is nice that you had some you new helping on your CT and you were able to have a little reunion, that is neat,
Tammy I hope you are aching less today after that terrific hike, I couldn't have done that and coming down that hill must have really been something, but you enjoyed the hike and that is good memories for you. Take care and soak in a hot tub as well.
Julie It sounds like you have a lot on your plate in the near future, Have fun with it all.

Debbie Well the guy came by for a few minutes and went on the roof by the garage and then left. My drain is still on the picnic table and I put a little tote upstairs incase it leaks by the chimney, We shall see and it is supposed to rain some more I guess. I guess we are in an area where we won't get as much rain as some other areas around here. My daughter lives up in Vancouver too and she was getting snow too and said her husband might not go to work lastnight because of the road and after reading PeggyAnn's email I hope he didn't go to work.
Well it sounds like you are going to have a good time at the farmers market and especially the Dog Sled raices. Stay warm and have a good time.

hugs and love
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  6:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening everyone, hope you all have had a good day. We've had a little scare this afternoon. My new son-in-law, Markie's husband had an accident this afternoon and was taken to a hospital. He was out of town working. He drives a very large service truck, hs is a heavy duty machanice. He rolled the truck into a pond and almost drowned. You have to understand he is a very responsible person. So don't know what all happen they are still their, about 2 hours away. So I'm setting here worried and dog sitting. Hope all of you day was better. Did get good news on my mammogram that I had last week. Sorry just nervous writting.my weekend maybe a little busy so I will let ya'll know when I know more. Night

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page