Page: of 25

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  08:51:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful news about the little dog we found, his family claimed him and he is home where he needs to be. But, had they not come forward to claim him by the Shelters 5 day which would have been Saturday, he would have had his forever home with the Fischer Family as our son Kent was going to adopt him. We are sad and happy at the same time, he is right where he is suppose to be.
Sorry to keep this short but the brothers and Kent will be here Friday and I still have so much to do, got the grocery shopping done yesterday, now I am cleaning and getting beds ready.
I will be checking in everyday with all of you and checking emails.
Have a beautiful and fun weekend and please be happy.
Hugs to all,
Debbie

So Long Little Mister I will miss you, but you will be happy with your family, come visit anytime:-)

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Aug 21 2014 08:52:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  12:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He looks like such a sweet pup! I am happy that his owners found him again and he gets to go back home.

Have a wonderful visit with your family guests this weekend!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  4:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Such a cute pup! Glad he is home with his family, but at the same time sorry for Kent! Oh well, there will be another special friend for him down the road I'm sure!
Enjoy your "guys" visits - I know you will get lots of chores taken care of, and what a blessing that will be!
It will be "girls" visit soon - so excited for you ALL. Can hardly wait for photos!
hugs

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  07:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Monday Farmgirls! Can't believe this is the last week of August, but happy that we are moving towards September when there might be some drier weather here in the sunny state of Florida. Did I mention HOT and HUMID? We do get a lot of rain, but it is good for cooling down the hot temps. If you have been over to the regular Chatroom, you know I have been talking a lot about apples and apple related recipes and topics. We have an apple swap started, and if you are interested, please join in the fun. I created this easy prim design this past weekend and stitched up another dishtowel for fun.

For whatever reason, I suddenly revived my interest in embroidery this summer and have had fun with some simple stitching on dishtowels to give to family and for swaps. A few of them will stay with me, but I love to make things and then give them away.

The apple thread has been great fun because we get to hear about all of the farm girls who have apple trees or orchards on their property. Like honey bees, apples were considered a part of the necessary staple of everyday living for colonial America. Apple Cider was the beverage served at every meal. From my visit last year to Jefferson's home, Monticello, the tour guide showed us the area where all the cider kegs were stored. Apparently back then, the alcohol content of the cider was much lower than what you purchase today and it was served to children as well as adults. I am not sure why I find all this information fascinating, but I do.

I am looking forward to our HenHouse fall swaps. How about you? It seems that fall is everyone's favorite season no matter where you live in the US. After all, there isn't much criticism that I know of for a, hot from the oven, fresh Apple Pie or Apple Crisp! Or the beauty of colored leaves and mums on porches! What do you like to do for the first signs of fall? I once worked with a physician whose wife made chili on the first coolish day of fall here in Florida. He walked home from the office everyday for lunch and he said he could smell the chili wafting out of the windows inviting him to hurry home! That rite of passage from summer to fall has stuck with me ever since and I always look to make chili when we get our first dry cooler weather and the windows can be open. Any others do the same thing?

Well, I hope everyone has a good week! Lots of canning and wood pile stacking going on for you in the northern states. Don't you just love the look of all those canned jars smiling at you from the shelves of the pantry? It is a sight of delight!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  6:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
Winnie I am really enjoying hearing about apples on the apple swap thread. It has been so fun coming up with ideas for my swap package. I am also working on our Hen House fall swap package. I was so frustrated yesterday. I have been working on a harvest tea towel all week and when I went to wash it last night the dye in the stripes ran and created a tie dye effect on the entire towel. That has never happened to me before. Needless to say, I have a new towel in my drawer. Good thing I have time to make another one. I picked wild plums from our shelter belt and made pancake syrup Monday. Oh my did it turn out well. My kids will only eat home canned fruit syrups on their pancakes and waffles so have to have plenty for everyone at Christmas time. Yesterday I did crockpot peach butter, I really winged it. Ruth didn't you send me your recipe last year. I am thinking you did, but I couldn't find it. If anyone has a good one I would love to have it. Mine turned out ok, but think it could have been better. The cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans and broccoli continue to keep me picking the garden every few days and keeping the canner busy as well or chopping and blanching for the freezer. I love going to the garden to decide what is for supper, sure saves on the grocery bill. My summer and zucchini squash have had a calcium deficiency and haven't produced well, but I have given them extra doses of liquid bone meal and that has seemed to help. Have a great evening every one.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Aug 27 2014 6:08:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  10:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey SPGs!! Guess who has an overnight low of 63 degrees?? it matched the record set in 1891 so it was a very big deal around here. I took every minute of that cool air to sit outside this morning with coffee! Right now we are marching towards 92 and it is back to what is fondly called on the weather news as "summer soup":; hot, humid, rain showers . But there was this very brief Fall sighting down here so I had to share!

Julie, don't you hate it when something ruins a nice project? So frustrating! I am happy you have been enjoying the apple thread. Today I posted a new bit of information under the main apple thread, Apples, which is located under Garden Gate. It is about Johnny Appleseed and this great little book I found a few years back where a women researched his life from public records and church records. Fascinating!

All of the canning and garden harvesting sounds wonderful. Florida gardens are pretty much done towards the end of June. Too hot and humid after that except for a few items like hot peppers, eggplant and okra.

For those of you who love Tasha Tudor and her beautiful art illustrations in countless children's books, today would have been her 99th birthday!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  1:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi gals, Julie, you sure have been a busy gal! I made a very small batch of sweet pickled yellow squash, zucchini and onion. Love it! First jar totally gone and I ate the whole thing (over a period of two weeks) love something like this along side a sandwich! Also made a new batch of Dilly Beans -yum! Julie, I think I sent you the recipe I used last year for Peach Butter, it was ok, but I was not thrilled with it. I did make it in the crock pot! I am so ready to make apple butter and apple sauce!
Thanks Winnie for all the fun Apple "stuff" - looking forward to the swap!
Debbie, I know you are having a busy time with all your men! and getting ready to play with Julie and Sherry. Y'all are blessed for sure!
Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone - and please be safe! I can't believe it is here already!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  10:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a wonderful Week end everyone!

Happy labor Day!

hugs darlene

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  5:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Julie, my zucchini and yellow squash have done insanely well. No calcium deficiency here. Wish you lived closer, I would be passing on some of my bounty. I have blogged about my zucchini bake fest.

Presently working on some UFO. Nice to finish projects!

Enjoy the long weekend everyone!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Aug 31 2014 5:14:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  6:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Carole I would gladly take some of your excess or not, depending if one of my generous neighbors have stopped by. These days in my neighborhood you are almost afraid to leave home because someone is going to leave their excess garden veggies on your steps if they don't see your vehicle in the driveway. The church entry looked like a veggie stand this morning with boxes of veggies, extra bags and signs saying please help yourself. By the time we were done with coffee and fellowship the boxes were empty so everyone was happy. Our combines start rolling this week so I spent the weekend preparing extra meals for the men to have while I am at Debbie's. I have never missed the beginning of a harvest so this will be a new experience. But I am so looking forward to spending time with Debbie and Sherry. Happy Labor Day everyone!

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  05:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy September 1st SPGs!!

It sounds like everyone is neck deep in projects of one sort or another! I love that so many have had abundant gardens this year too. Tales of canned jars filling the kitchens and freezers is inspiring!

Julie, you are busy getting meals in the freezer for this upcoming trip! But, I bet everyone will get along fine while you are enjoying your special time with Debbie and Sherry. Guys are a lot more resourceful than we think when it comes to making sure food is available when they get hungry!! Don't worry. They will be just fine and most likely delighted that you get a chance to have a special trip.

So, what is everyone else up to these days? How are you transitioning to this new beautiful season? What are you looking forward to in September?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  12:26:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Winnie, We are looking forward to a trip to Scituate, MA a week from today :)! Going to visit my big sister, brother-in-love and family there. That is my home, so there are lots of sweet memories there. Hubby is a Georgia boy, but loves my home on the coast! Fresh seafood (Scituate is a fishing village as well as tourist town), so lots of great seafood! Probably a boat trip in Boston, where we will eat our way across the city :)! Love to eat at Quincy Market and Little Italy (the North End). Hope to get a short trip in to Maine coast while we are there! It's just about cranberry time too, love to watch them harvest them :)! So excited!
Trying to get everything here done before we go....need to make a list as my head is spinning!
Hope you all are enjoying a great Labor Day. We went into Blue Ridge today for their annual Good Samaritan BBQ, 34 years and counting! It is a major fund raiser to help families in our community! Very good!
Hugs to you all,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2014 :  08:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good My Sweet Chickies, I sure have missed our daily chats, but I have been so busy this past two weeks. Now I am packing to head to Denver for the rest of September to help our son move, we need to have him out of his apartment and into a new place by the 28th of September then clean the old apartment. We hope to be back home here by Oct. 1st as we need to finish getting ready for winter, it will be here before we know it.
Tom and I really enjoyed our visit with Julie, Sherry and Mark, we had so much fun just the time was too short to do all we wanted to do, guess we will safe it for the next visit.
We have already had snow on Pikes Peak, for 3 days in a row last week, that is how we know fall is here:-) I know all of you are looking forward to it as well and getting ready.
I see some of you are taking fall trips, Ruth enjoy your time in MA and send lots of picture. Winnie I know you are going away the end of September and 1st of Oct. have fun. It looks like we will not be heading your way this month after all, must get our son moved, hopefully another time we can meet as I still need to get to Florida and visit my 83 year old Aunt.
By the way, Julie, Sherry and I talked to Amber while they were here, Amber called me to tell me my Altered Journal was on the way, it was wonderful visiting with Amber and getting to know her better.
All of my other chickies enjoy fall and we will touch base soon.
Love and Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  07:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
September already! How the time does fly by. My girly and her family headed back to Ohio on Labor Day. My little girly, Annie called to tell me she had a good time at the beach but that we forgot to go to the zoo while she was here. She is always thinking of things for us to do together and she is only 3. I hope to see them in December for both of the girls birthdays but will have to wait and see. I do look forward to fall and the cooler temps but it seems to fly by right into cold weather of winter.
So glad you gals all had a good visit Debbie. I'm sure you all have made wonderful memories.
Love the photos everyone puts up in celebration of the seasons.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  08:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Beautiful Pikes Peak as it is making its seasonal transition, such a lovely ride to the top during the fall, who am I kidding it is beautiful anytime, right Sherry? Sherry and her husband Mark were able to take the ride on the Cog Railroad to the top of Pikes Peak and I know she has some beautiful photos to share with everyone.
Happy Fall my sweet Chickies.
I have also started blogging again now that I have some time to myself today, made two post this morning so stop by and say hi, don't forget if you can let me know on my blog that you were there.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Sep 10 2014 08:26:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  6:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a gorgeous picture of a beautiful place Debbie!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  1:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Early tomorrow morning (Froday, 9/12, as the snow flies and it is 20 degrees we will be heading to Denver to help our son move. We should be gone the rest of the month as of right now. But, I will have my computer and will still be able to communicate with everyone via email. Our snail mail will be held at the post office. If you should need to mail me something important I can get mail at my son's until about the 20th of Sept. Tammy,Sherry and Julie have his address if you should need it. If someone wants it now just email me and I will send it.
Everything will be the same as far as the HH goes, the only difference I will be based in Denver for now.
Y'all have a fun and happy weekend and be happy, I will talk to you from Denver. Below is Denver's skyline in all its glory, you can see Pikes Peak in the back ground, I try not to go to far from my mountains:-)
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2014 :  6:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always a beautiful view, we so enjoyed getting to see Debbie's mountains up close and personal. It is a site to see.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2014 :  11:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoy your time with your son in Denver. I can't believe you already had snow and 20 degrees. Wow, Fall went in the blink of an eye for you!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  11:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon Girls, sure is quite here on the front porch. Where is everyone???? I am still trying to get back on track since the trip to CO. Lots of projects to work on, plus just everyday things that have to be done. Debbie sent me home with a wonderful book and it has been hard to put that down and get my work done. Thinking of all of you hoping your fall is getting off to a good start. Been working on my fall harvest swap. Trying to make a few things. Have a few birthdays coming up and then the holidays will be here. Is everyone ready?? I working on it but it's still just all in my head. I need to get busy. So back to cleaning up my craft room for this afternoon and maybe a little sewing. Have been doing a little wood working with my hubby. So we will see. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Take care

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  6:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am popping in tonight to catch up. I have felt out of the loop for a while just because things get so busy here and there are many challenges right now. I am happy to say that I am nearly finished with my Christmas gifts and look forward to spending time this year enjoying my family and all that Christmastime means to us. (Don't asked how I managed to do it because I am really not sure myself)
I am working on cleaning and getting things ready for company at Thanksgiving and then again a Christmas, with a hopeful trip to see the girls for their birthdays. It seems that time speeds by so quickly anymore. The days go by and pretty soon weeks have passed before I know it. It is just me or does this happen to anyone else?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  08:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Sunday Morning from Denver,
The leaves are starting to slowly change here so I know they are at home and I need to get home so I do not miss it. Leaf Peeping in the mountains is awesome and we love to take drives in different parts of our area to see the changes.
We are about wrappy it up here at Kent's apartment and hope to be heading home Monday or Tuesday, we will see how far we get today. We are in the cleaning phase now as all the furniture is out, so should go quickly now. We are so tired and exhausted, thees 3 flights of stairs with 3 doggies is about to kill us but the girls are loving all the exercise and walks.

denise I can not believe you are finished with your Christmas Shopping, lucky gal. I do not even want to think about it yet.
Sherry I hope you are enjoying your new sewing machine and having fun with it.
I just wanted to check in and say hi, as soon as I am back home I will let y'all know.
Take care, have a beautiful Sunday and Be Happy.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  06:21:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi SPG Farmgirls! Happy Monday to everyone. We have had two mornings in the mid 60s and it has been delightful! Of course,it heats up to the upper 80s all afternoon, but it has been wonderful to have a little change on this day before Fall officially arrives.

Debbie, sounds like you have had your work cut out for you in Denver. Once you get home, it will be perfect sitting weather on the porch to admire the fall leaves changing. It is always good to go somewhere but there is nothing sweeter than getting back home to your own routine. Especially this time of year when the season is changing and the colors are not to be missed!

The last few days, I have been cleaning out stuff and loading up boxes to take to the charity thrift store I like. It never ceases to amaze me how much accumulation of this and that is lurking in drawers and closets. None of it is ever used and because it is out of sight, it is out of mind. Any of you have the same issue at home? So, I have been on a mission to eliminate clothes, kitchen stuff , and decorative stuff that I have not used in who knows how many years. Some stuff is pure trash and why I was hanging on to it is anyone's guess. I promised myself that once I got retired, I would find homes for things and donate what was left in a greater effort to downsize. I have found that it takes more than time. It takes a new vision of what is really needed when you are older and the kids are gone. Family time together and holidays are vastly different now and there is no need for the whole house decorating like we did before. In order to do that, it means I do a lot of work putting it up and taking it down just for the two of us. Honestly, we are just as happy with a few things and less fuss. It is more difficult that I anticipated getting rid of decorations and such. On one level it is acknowledging that portion of our lives is over. But when I ask my girls if they want certain things, they aren't interested. They have their own likes and ideas, which is as it should be. So, that is when I put some "treasure" in the box and hope it finds it's way to a new and younger family. There are so many wonderful books and magazines with ideas to try and I have had a time admitting that I really won't do those recipes or make that whatever. When those ideas would have been fun with a young family, they don't fit an older coupe's needs or lifestyle. So, it out the door with those as well. Slowly but surely, I am paring down to what is being used on a regular basis and seeing a new vision arise for what sort of things I want to spend my free time doing. Getting rid of the huge clutter and seeing just what is wanted is bringing me a new level of energy and excitement. What I think is emerging is the idea of making something that supports your daily living needs. The Shakers and their simple living are starting to speak more to me. When just the essentials are there, then you can focus more on the people in your life because you are not distracted with keeping up with clutter and unnecessary things to keep clean and neat.

Who else is struggling with getting older and trying to rethink the issue of 30+ years of buying, inheriting and receiving all sorts of things? I would love to hear your insights and solutions!!

Have a great week everyone!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  07:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning everyone,
Denise, you are so right, time does speed by without my notice. It has been awhile since I have been on the porch, have had a lot to do and we aren't even in soybean harvest yet. Debbie, I am glad you are finally getting to the end of your Denver trip. I know t has been a long one for you. It will be good for you and Tom to,get home and back into your routine again. Sherry, I just saw that cute little pillow on Facebook you made with your new machine, you are going to be so busy after you get today's mail! Winnie, I have been doing the same thing you are. Decluttering my life. After all these years of holding onto things, I started the new year with a resolution of putting at least 1 item a day in the thrift store box or throwing away. It hasn't been hard as my kids do no want much of it, except my antiques and it is less for me to clean around. It really is amazing how you don't even notice it missing.

We spent the weekend watching our oldest grandson in another junior high rodeo. What long days they are. They stopped by here on their way home last night to pick up corn for their butcher steer and birthday presents for my middle grandsons birthday next week. Was glad I didn't have to mail them. I won't see them now until the holidays, but that too will come fast I am sure.

I managed to get all the apples picked last week off 3 trees and have been doing 2 batches of dried apple rings each day for the freezer. We love snacking on them in the winter. Today I am digging my potatoes and getting those stored. Our days have been in the 70's and nights are in the high 30's to remind us to enjoy what we have right now.

Better get my outside chores done. Everyone have a great day!

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  08:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
I surely understand but have a hard time letting go especially when I find my kids don't want the family things. I need to just take a picture and send it out the door. I still have much to downsize. Little by little I will get it done. Lots of times the thing that stops me is thinking about just giving things away instead of a yard sale or something but I just don't have the time or energy for that. So...

Julie,
I didn't know you could freeze dried fruit.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic