darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  10:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth I am really glad your leg is healing and that you are having the stitches out, and have fun with your sister. Hi Debbie I hope you stay dry and safe when those afternoon thunder storms roll through. It is sad about all that flooding up there in Waldo canyon.
Take care and don't work too hard when you do your physical therapy.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  06:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning everyone! I am trying to get myself back on track from vacation this week and it has been a whirlwind. As soon as we got home, a dear friend from California came to spend the week. So while I had all these plans for getting organized and diving into some projects, I have found myself too busy with company to do much. We did have a wonderful two weeks seeing the West and if you have never had a chance to see Glacier National Park, it is beautiful! What I love about the West is that it is totally different from the southeast where I live, especially Florida. The beautiful tall conifer trees and snow capped mountains are just breathtaking. Plus there are desert landscapes in various areas that are so amazing to me. We ended up in Portland, Oregon for the last 3 days and had a chance to see the Columbia River Gorge and the Oregon Coast. Wow, so beautiful!

Julie, we rode Amtrak from Chicago to Glacier which included a lovely long ride across North Dakota. Your state is so green and lush! The train tracks run along all of the big farms and I saw crops like Canola and Flax blooming as well as tons of waving wheat fields. It was gorgeous! We also passed through the area where there is a lot of the new oil and gas rigs. It was funny to see an oil rig right in the middle of some large field of a growing crop. Where in the state is your home located? I wondered if I was maybe rambling along nearby as we trekked along the tracks? Also, we saw lots of areas that were flooded and I wondered if you all grow Wild Rice up there? Maybe it was just wetlands with natural tall grasses in them, but I kept thinking there was so much of it that perhaps it was a crop? I have never seen wild rice fields so maybe I am not even close to what they look like.

It sounds like everyone is enjoying a busy summer at the SPG HenHouse. August is always busy with most people canning their garden bounty and getting their children ready for school again. Our schools and university all start back August 25. Summer is flying by!

Loving the great community here at the SPG ! It is lots of fun!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  3:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
Your trip sounds like it was an awesome experience! You describe things so beautifully.
I have always dreamed of traveling around this beautiful country. Unfortunately, JT does not care for it. He spends a lot of travel time on jobs.
I have been busy on THE project and now I am finished. A few little things I will have to put away when the grand-girls come to visit and use the room. For their safety and the safety of my things. So happy it is finished.
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer days! I know I am. The weather has been beautiful here. Have had the windows open to let a wonderful breeze through the house the last 3 or 4 days. Love it!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2014 :  06:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all - sorry to be away so long but still busy, busy busy, but a fun busy! This past week end my son and DIL and 2 grands came to visit from Florida. We had a wirlwind visit with them, the kids are more adorable than ever! They are hoping to be home for Christmas which I am praying for!

No I gotta go through all the posts I have missed to catch up! Hope this finds all well!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2014 :  11:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you Sue,
Have a good day

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2014 :  09:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everybody must be super busy since our porch is so quiet. I know I am. Getting ready for wheat harvest, the garden is supplying our meals as of late, enjoying the last few days of no school with the grand kids and of course getting more and more excited for my upcoming adventures with Debbie and Sherry. I keep adding goodies I want to take with me to the pile, I am going to need 2 suitcases before long :). So, what is everyone else up to, inquiring minds want to know?

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2014 :  10:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are going to have such fun Julie and boy two suitcases, overload but fun. How is your weather there, I hope you have a good harvest and I bet your garden is beautiful and tasty as well.
I am off work today and that is nice because I am tired from washing walls at the school and kind of sick of looking at the walls as well. School starts on the 25th so it had to be all done. It is nice to have a whole day off and not have to go in.
Monday I am going to the fair and that is free day so it will probably be packed but I like to look at the exhibits and stuff, that is my favorite place and the little shows and the one place where they have different groups play music and stuff and there is an old post office there where they still sell stamps during the fair. It is a really old building. I should take pictures and put it in the next newsletter.
Well have a good day.
hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2014 :  12:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crazy! My day is busy! So we decided to homeschool our youngest this year. It's only been three days and so far it feels so easy. Why didn't I do this for the other 2. I think I could have avoided so many problems. My DH and I have been busy setting up a tiny classroom. We have also decided to become scout leaders. That's been wild we are starting a new charter in our area with a different type of scouting program. I have had to arrange meetings with interested parents wait for paper work, get approved for a meeting circle so we can start using the organizations name. I don't sleep well so I now have something to do with that time I would usually spend on Facebook.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2014 :  7:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa Amber you are one busy lady; but in a great way!
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2014 :  06:05:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Farmgirl friends! I am here on the porch enjoying my cup of Pumpkin Spice Coffee while the morning temps are only about 74 degrees and there is no rain!

Gosh, everyone is very busy these days wrapping up garden harvest and getting the school year launched. I made some Florida Sand Pear jam yesterday with some pears that my daughter's friend had from her tree. I used MaryJane's ChillOver Powder and can't wait to try a jar. Usually, I let my jams sit a week or two to settle and deepen in flavor before I open them.

Julie, I know exactly what you mean about putting a "pile of must haves" together for your upcoming trip! LOL!! Getting ready is part of the fun! I am so excited for you three and your visit will be such a happy, happy event.

I hope everyone at the HenHouse has a great weekend!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2014 :  07:07:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie , that looks so yummy!! It's getting that time for my favorite fall coffee soon! Love it!
Amber, best of luck! You will do fine......I homeschooled some of mine for awhile soooo long ago now ;)
Ruth, keep healing!!

Sounds like most everyone is busy with gardens, school starting, visits, vacations.

This summer defineately threw me a curve with the ruptured discs. Things haven't exactly gone as I planned :(
But that's ok and there is next spring/summer for my container gardens etc!
I'm a very blessed lady! One of my granddaughters spent most of her summer helping me with daily stuff. What a blessing family can be! My kids/gkids are truly awesome and I know how very blessed that I am!

Some of my Calif kids/gkids came here for a week long visit! Even tho I couldn't do much, just visiting and enjoying them was enough! We all really enjoyed our time together.

I continue to receive sweet notes/cards and thank you !
I'm hoping that I can be a better farmgirl sister back to all of you soon!

Hope everyone has a good day today!

Hugs,
Linda

Blessings, Linda Always a ranch and farmgirl in my heart! Romans 8:28
http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/

Edited by - prayin granny on Aug 16 2014 07:10:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2014 :  07:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Saturday Gals,
Like everyone else we are busy getting ready for winter, getting wood up, painting trim on the house and putting in a small fenced in area for our 3 dachshunds to run and play.
Continuing to work on Amber's journal, and thinking about and preparing for Tom's 2 brothers to visit on the 22nd of August, then on the 3 or 4th sweet Sherry and Julie will be here. I am beyond thrilled to be so busy as I am so excited about everyone coming as it will make the time go by faster until everyone's visit.
We are hoping for no rain today to finish up the fencing and moving on to another project.
Amber, how wonderful that you have decided to homeschool your little one, good luck to you and enjoy.
Winnie your pumpkin spice fall coffee looks yummy, I am just hoping for another good month of summer as our seasons are so short here and we need more time to get ready for winter. But, I do love fall and know it will be here before I know it.
Linda and Brenda feel better soon and we keep you in our prayers as I do all my farmgirl chickies.
Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2014 :  4:11:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Busy bees seems to be the theme for all of us at this time of year. I am getting ready for a quick visit from JT's mom and sister this week. Then the Ohio kids and grand girls are coming in on Saturday and will stay till Labor Day. Getting things ready and keeping up with the normal stuff. I hope I am not tired out before they get here.

Amber~ We started homeschooling ours when they were in 9th,6th and 2nd grades. The only thing I wished we had done differently was start them from the beginning. :) I am sure you will enjoy it at least I know I did. It was a big commitment but worth it.

Julie~ I know whatever you end up taking you will enjoy your trip. How could you not spending time with your sister hens?

Winnie~ I love my pumpkin spice coffee! We are having a bit of fall weather now. Looking forward to it!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2014 :  6:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chickies, It's fun to read all the posts and catch up on what has been going on :)! I have had family visiting for the last 10 days, and been going and doing with them. Had a wonderful time with my oldest sister, Janie, our daughters and their hubbies, grandkids too! Oh my goodness, when I think of all we did, no wonder I'm a little tired :)! Also made some, Fig Preserves for my sweet hubby, some Dilly Beans, and some Squash Pickles. I'm finished with canning, I think! For this year anyway.
Everyone seems to be very busy as well. Praying for Linda and Brenda for healing.
Debbie, Sherry and Julie, I know you all will have a wonderful time together. Please take lots of photos to share.
Winnie, I am ready for Fall and all the fun flavors and goodies that go along with it! We are going to MA in September, but will be too early this year for Fall color. But, we do have a beautiful Fall here in the North Georgia Mountains.
My leg is healing well! Thank you for all your prayers!
Everyone have a great rest of the night! Hugs to you all
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2014 :  7:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you had a nice visit Ruth and that your leg is healing up. I haven't even begun to can yet. I love Dilly Beans! I need to get moving on it but now will have to wait till the kids visit is done.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2014 :  9:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dilly Beans are the best! There is nothing like them.

I am so glad you leg is healing up Ruth, take it easy.

You have a good visit with the kids, is it Jessica that is coming? Give her a hug for me.

Hope you all had a good week-end, I did, I had a good day in church and then watched the Harvest Crusade online, it was awesome! I feel awesome, thanks be to God.
Have a wonderful night.
hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2014 :  6:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Darlene! I haven't tried this years Dilly Beans yet, have one jar left from last year :)! I put them in the new Green Mason Jars this year - so pretty!
I bought some Thomas "Apple Pie" English Muffins today, and was looking in my cabinet for some apple butter to put on them, didn't have any, only Peach Butter. Can't wait to put up a fresh batch of Apple Butter! I love Fall :)!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2014 :  6:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene~
Jess lives just down the road apiece, this visit is from the Ohio daughter, Leslie and her family. She has the girls and they are the two youngest of the grandchildren.

JT's mom and sister have come out for a visit. They are here to get some Jersey peaches to take back home to PA. His mom loves them and comes when she can to get them. May be planning a trip to the beach but not sure yet.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2014 :  9:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh thank you Denise, I thought you and Jess were further away for some reason. Well have a good time with the rest of the family. A good visit.

Ruth Peach butter! I have never had that, that sounds delicious. I bet your apple butter is great too.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2014 :  2:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, Enjoy your company/family....love that special time together :)! Making lots of memories along the way!
Darlene, The Peach Butter was a trial, and it turned out pretty good, not great! I make my Apple Butter in the CrockPot, so it's a fun, easy, wonderful smelling time well spent :)! The apples are coming in here in the mountains now. Merciers Orchard has about 4 varieties in the store, plus peaches!
Won't make that until I come back from New England the end of September. Unless my sister wants to make it while we are there! They have wonderful McIntosh apples there, which we don't get here. They grow one here that is called McIntosh, but does not taste at all like a New England Mac!
Farmgirl Hugs to you all :)

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2014 :  2:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, Everytime I get on here and see your cup with the pumpkin on it, I want some Pumpkin Spice Coffee :)! I think I heard Starbucks is bringing it back the first of September. I am a Dunkin fan myself, but do like Starbucks Pumpkin Spice. Come on Fall :)!
We are going to have our hottest weather of the Summer this weekend :(! Not ready, nor will I be! Oh well, it is Summer right????
I do love, love the fresh flowers, fruits and veggies that Summer brings, so it's not all bad. Smiling :)

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2014 :  2:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally able to take a break from painting the trim on the house, rain! But, it is looking pretty darn good.
We had a houseguest last night a little chi/corgi mix the sweetest little male dog, so well mannered. He had been running around the neighborhood since lunch he came down our drive way and right into my arms. He is at the NO KILL animal shelter right now in the next town, they will take 5 days to find the new owner, if no one claims him he will get neutered and his shots and go up for adoption. It looks like our son Kent might want to adopt him so we will see, but we are hoping if his family is out there looking for him they will find him. I will go to the shelter tomorrow and visit with him, Kent comes home Friday and will visit him if his family has not come and maybe go home with Kent on Sunday. So, please keep this little guy in your prayers that either his family finds him or it is the right decision for Kent to adopt him. We had to at least try and see if he has a family out there looking for him, if he is mean't to come home to our family he will if not he will go home to his rightful owner.
Time to get supper on so I had better close, just wanted to stop in and say hi.
I am like you Ruth I love Pumpkin Spice Coffee, now I know Winnie make a fabulous apple, wonder if she makes pumpkin spice:-)
Have a wonderful evening my sweet chickies.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2014 :  5:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad to see we are all getting ready for winter and the summer is not yet over, but one good thing in between is Fall, and from what I can see we all love it, wonderful colors, scents and decorations!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2014 :  05:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie~ So good that one way or the other that little guy will have a home.
Sue~ It seems we spend our summers preparing for winter and our winter wishing for summer. But I know for us it takes a lot of wood to keep us warm so we have to do as much as we can while the weather is good.

We did go down to the shore yesterday. The kids went to the Beach and James and I walked the boardwalk. I love the beach but have to stay away from the chance of sunburn so we had a good time checking out all the shops. I found some tops for the 3 grand girls for birthdays or Christmas. I had been looking online for them and couldn't find the sizes I need in the design I wanted so when I found them there (and cheaper too) I was very happy and it was worth the trip! We enjoyed the day and JT took the day off to spend here with his mom. I have an appt. tomorrow to take dad to the Dr. We think he is having a flare up with gout but not sure so we need to get it checked out. Praying they can figure it out.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2014 :  06:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Girls,
Everyone sounds like they are busy with this last month of summer. We too are preparing for winter, wood cutting, splitting and stacking is a constant thing in our spare time. I bought Keith a wood splitter for our anniversary and both of us are enjoying this chore so much . We wonder why we didn't do this ages ago. The grands all start school this week. Just saw the bus go by for the girls, just seems wrong to start the first day of school wearing shorts.
So glad the little dog found your house Debbie ~hopefully he finds his family or a forever home if he was abandoned. Are you ready for the brothers arrival, just a few more days to go, and than you will be cooking like a mad woman.
Ruth, your peach butter sounds yummy, I made peach jam a few weeks ago and it taste like summer in a jar-so yummy. Winnie I think your pumpkins spice coffee just cries to be drank with a pumpkin scone. I think I wil find my recipe and send it to Sherry for the newsletter. Denise I am glad you have been enjoying your company and getting a little Christmas shopping done-I have done a little of that myself this month. Yes Sue we all love fall~but I do treasure every minute of summer and the beauty and bounty it gives us.
Need to get busy~ have weeding to do this morning than have to help Keith repair wind break in the corral, hope we have a little more breeze today than yesterday it was so hot working on it and of course the flies were horrible. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page