True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  05:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning all!
Sherry have a wonderful time at the reunion! I know everyone will enjoy the cookbook. Joan I can't wait to see pictures of the baby, hoping you get some rest. Denise putting a tarp down is how my son harvested for me. I agree with you, I hope Rain comes back soon. Debbie I hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration with Kent and his friends. Darlene it is always so good to see you here and Winnie I am just tickled you joined us, you will love the newsletter. Best finish packing the car, I love spending time with my boys but I sure hate that 4 hour drive.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  09:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie,
Glad to know that the tarp is a good idea. Enjoy your travels and have fun!

Dad is cooking and baking today, so I am staying out of the kitchen till cleanup time. I have been getting some other things done. Laundry and my regular cleaning chores.

I'm going to make some Corned Beef Hash for supper. Have to use up some leftovers since it is Friday it is a good day for it.

What is everyone else up to?

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2014 :  06:43:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Chickies~

I am still here just been busy with summer fun things since I can walk better and am feeling better.
Yesterday we went to the Farmers Market and did some yard sales, had so much fun. Today we go to Victor Colorado for the Gold Rush Days so it will fe good to be out and about visiting with neighbors and friends and enjoying the Colorado Sun.

Glad all of you are keeping busy. Will hopefully catch up late Sunday or Monday.

Have fun and enjoy your weekend where you are.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2014 :  07:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoy your adventures, Debbie!! They sound like lots of fun!

Winnie #3109

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  11:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone, You must be outside, because no one is here. It's really hot here for the rest of the week. So I'm staying in and getting all my house work done and getting a few forgotten projects taken care of. Visited with a long time friend yesterday, that was nice. Everyone take care and have fun out side.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  2:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sherry, I am inside, enjoying the air conditioning :)! My plans for this week changed completely Monday morning :(! Thankful that I am doing well!
We are having lots of rain that is keeping our temps down, which I love. Not a fan of hot, humid weather. Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons.
I'm catching up on some reading :)!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  5:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie did you have a good time at the Gold rush days? Did you pan for gold? Did you get a nugget? :D

Ruth I am glad you are doing better, and that you are enjoying a good book.

Julie did you have a good trip to see your children? Have safe travel,pe

Sherry, Hope you are having a good day, and had a good day with your visit with your friend.

Denise, How did your Corn beef hash turn out? Did you enjoy your dad's baking?

Winnie it is good to see you on here.

Rain take care my prayers are with you and we miss you.

Nancy Jo, hello how are you today and your blog?

I have been working cleaning the walls at the school so I am getting a lot of Cardio out of it.. I'm tired.
I also have been going through stuff to give to our church for their big rummage sale on September 6. Then I can go look and get some more stuff. How much fun is that going to be.

Well ladies, I love you all, Take care and have a good evening.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  6:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excited!! I just realized the "worlds longest yard sale" is coming up on the 7th of August and my big sister will be here to go with us :)! You can check it out at : 127 yard sale.com. We have done a short piece of it a few times, and its fun! Usually very hot though. Has anyone else done any of this?
Have a great evening!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  10:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well have fun Ruth and take pictures, I have heard of that before and always wanted to go, that is a long one.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2014 :  1:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would love to do a little of that garage sale. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2014 :  3:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That Yard Sale is something else - from trash to treasure! There will be one here and there, at houses, churches, businesses, barns,then you will come upon a field, with maybe 50 different sellers or more, all lined up. There are also food vendors! The first time we went we found a church that was cooking lunch, it was great food and fun fellowship! Some people take advantage of the Rt, and have signs up for sales off the main Hwy. It takes along time, getting in and out of your car, people driving slow, u-turns etc. Some people are really serious and have large trucks and trailers. We have seen cars from many, many different states. I think it goes from Michigan to Alabama. We are only about 1 hour from Chattanooga, one of the "jump on" places. It's a fun time to just be with people and enjoy them, while on "the hunt"!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2014 :  5:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those sales seem like a vacation in itself. ")

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2014 :  05:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you find any new treasures at the sale, Ruth?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2014 :  07:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning everyone, whew summer is so busy I just can not seem to fit everything I want and need to do in a day.
Later on today I hope to catch up with all my chickies and update my blog, boy am I behind.
I hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday, talk to you later.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2014 :  07:44:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All
Yes garage sale season is in full swing, I see where some of you girls are finding some nice things. I had a pretty good day yesterday. Took out some ground beef this morning and made some potato salad. Looks like a hot day here today. Watched the movie "PHILAMENA" with Judy Dench last night, thought it was pretty good. I like her in just about anything she does. I believe it was based on a true story. Happy Sunday all.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2014 :  11:14:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been a lazy week for me. Both DD and DH are in Kentucky - with the Appalachian Service Program. They should be home tomorrow. You'd think I'd be buzzing with accomplishments, but no ... all I've been doing is working and sleeping. Oh well, I have plans today .... did manage to write a blog entry! What an accomplishment in a week! lol Off to get some stuff done! Enjoy the day! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2014 :  3:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, The World's longest Yard sale isn't until the 7th of August, it runs for 3 or 4 days!
Carol, Where did your DD and DH go? We are part of the Appalachian area.
Debbie, I understand busy, even though I haven't been very busy this past week - hope to be busier this coming week!
Oh, sweet hubby got my clothesline up yesterday - boy am I excited!!! Now I need to whip up a clothespin apron :)! Also need to buy some new pins to put in that apron, when it is made.
Hope everyone is having a blessed day!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2014 :  6:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh sorry Ruth. I guess I was thinking your description of it was from you going this year. Well if you get to go I look forward to hearing about it!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2014 :  7:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone hope all is good today with you, I went to church this morning took a nap while watching 20,000 leagues under the see and then watched the movie of the play Cats from Broadway, That was so good and made me cry.. I will have to watch it again.
I have been on Ebay trying to sell things, takes a lot of time.

Well you all take care and have fun with rummage sales.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  07:03:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Morning My Chickies~

I just wrote a long post here this morning and the computer completely wiped it our and I can not find it, where the heck does it go? Anyway, I hope I can remember what I wrote HA!

I hope all of you are enjoying a beautiful morning where you are and having a cup of tea or coffee. It is lovely here this morning and the sun is shining so I am enjoying it while I can as the afternoon thunderstorms roll in about 1 or 2 pm and the lightening has been nasty. Two days ago an old turn of the century mining building in Victor CO was hit by lightening and it was destroyed, just so sad. The owner had spent a lot of money refurbishing and updating the building and had just opened a wonderful antique shop last week, now it is gone and sadly she had no insurance. Another historical building gone but no one was hurt which in itself is a blessing.
Have started cleaning the house getting ready for company, Tom's bothers will be here next month to help get our wood up for winter and the trim on the house painted. I have the breezeway and laundry all finished, tomorrow it will be the guest room and bath, I do not want to wait until the last minute to get it all done. Don't y'all just love a clean home it smells so darn good.
This morning I have Physical Therapy and errands, we will get it all finished as quickly as we can and head home before the afternoon storms, we have had a lot of flooding and Ute Pass closes every afternoon because of it. Ute Pass is at the Waldo Canyon Burn scar where the big wildfire was two years ago, they are still working on migation but it is a long process, it will take years for the vegetation to grow back, sad.
This morning I started updating my blog, I post my Beautiful Memory Birthday book so stop by if you get a chance and don't forget to leave a comment.
Wednesday I will finally share my Vintage Scrapebooks and Photo Albums that I have collected over the years and received from very special farmgirl sisters in the HenHouse, I can not wait to share them with all of you. Oh how I love each one, they are all so special and I treasure them.
As soon as I get home this afternoon I will post an update on Shea, thank y'all again for all your prayers, support and love, we have the best HenHouse! You all are so specail and I just can imagine not having all of you in my life, what a Blessing!
Last but not least I have updated my blog with pictures of my Birthday Memory Book.
In a few days I will be sharing with you on my blog my collection of Vintage Scrapebooks and Albums that I have collected over the years and received from my farmgirl friends in the HenHouse, I have some wonderful vintage books that are very special to me and I will treasure always.
Time to get dressed and ready to go.
Have a beautiful, peaceful, lovely day and Please Be Happy.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jul 29 2014 4:50:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  10:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, chatter in the coop this morning, well it is Monday and I know everyone is as busy as Mama Hen is.

Just finished packing up Winnie's welcome package to get in the mail tomorrow, took the girls for a walk, now will hang clothes, then pack up the little gift I made for Joan's newest Grandbaby Evelyn.

Then continue working on my journal for my partner Amber, this is a fun swap, thanks again Peggy.

The sun is shining and summer is back but the afternoon thunderstorms will be here soon enough.

Better get back to the wash and yes and ironing.

Have a beautiful Monday my sweet Chickies and a wonderful week.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  5:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Busy, busy, busy! This morning early I headed out to the ER to have most of my stitches removed - YAY! Have one big stitch left, they will hopefully remove on Thursday. They gave me some Rx topical antibiotic ointment to put on it now. Feels better having the stitches out! Not very pretty, but tons better than it was :)!
My sister, Janie is coming on Wednesday for 10 days, looking forward to "playing" while she is here! We love to just be together. My other sister, was coming, but plans changed :(! It is great for the three of us to be together. Love my "sister" time! It is just the three of us girls, no brothers.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  5:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh sweet Ruth I am happy your stitches came out this morning and your boo boo is healing nicely. Maybe Janie can hold your hand while the other is removed on Thursday:-)
Big Hugs to Janie, and yes Chickies I have met Ruth's sister too, a wonderful lady.
Take care and enjoy your sister time.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  05:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, I am so happy to hear that your leg is healing properly and that the stitches are soon to be all removed. Just in time for the arrival of your sister for 10 days of fun! This is wonderful news and I hope you have lots of adventures and good times during your sister's visit! Keep us posted and send a photo of the two of you! Maybe visiting Mercier's for some early apple picking?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9581 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9581 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  09:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, So glad your leg is mending well! Hope you have an awesome visit with your sister.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly