Page: of 25

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  05:41:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, enjoy your visit with your sister, are you going to let her ride your bike?
Ruth, I am so happy your friend is doing better. he was very lucky I would say, someone was watching out fo him.
Denise glad you are enjoying your vacation and time with the little ones. Yes, Tammy's books are quite unique you will love it.
Sue,how about some pictures of the finished nursery.
Sherry, isn't it frightening when your dog gets out you worry about them as you do not want them to get hurt, all they are thinking about is freedom! Oh they love to run don't they?
Joan, we sruggle witht he same thing you do as for as phone, internet and sattelite, we too pay a lot of money to get it all up her in the mountains, our cell and internet is the worse, but there is not much we can do as we do not have other choices.
It is a beautiful day here, the sun is shining and Kent is coming home to celebrate Father's Day, life is good!
Have been to the doctor and hospital for more xrays on the foot, much worse than we thought, so am now in a bigger and higher orthopedic air boot for awhile. I am not to walk or put any weight on the foot except to shower, yea right! But, at least the boot helps to stabelize the foot and helps the pain. But, boy it is a pain, let me tell you. Lots of Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. But, I will not let it keep me down.
Have a beautiful weekend everyone and hope your hubby's and family have a wonderful father's day.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jun 13 2014 11:18:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  06:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
Sorry to hear the newest foot report. Staying off it can not be easy, especially for you.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  07:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And with a hubby that keeps nicely nagging me, but he has and is so helpful. He wants to do it all but I get so bored, so I really am trying to be a good Hen and not over do.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6090 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6090 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  10:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for you Debbie!

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9580 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9580 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  11:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, So glad to hear that he is doing well. Praising the Lord with you!
Sue, That is so sweet that you have something from your daughter's nursery that you can use. Makes it all the more special.
Debbie,
So sorry to hear about your foot. But rest,rest,rest. Take advantage of the opportunity to do some handwork or something. I am always looking for time to do that myself and I find I just have to make the time.
Thinking of you and praying as God heals you.
Hi Darlene and Nancy Jo! hope you are all having a great day!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6090 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6090 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2014 :  4:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Denise,
I hope you have a good day today, I was at my work all day just moving things around it was interesting though.

hugs everyone.

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  8:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is everybody?
Hi girls. We are back to a quiet house. I so enjoyed my sisters visit.
Oliver and Kylee both have colds so of course they shared it with grandma. Summer colds are the worst aren't they.
Debbie I hope you are staying off that foot. I picked the first of my broccoli, snow peas and spinach today. Used the first two in a stir fry for supper and had just enough spinach for a small salad for each of us for lunch. Yummy. Haven't had much time or energy to do much bike riding. I did name her Sadie though. The girls have ridden with me a couple of times now, they go a lot farther than I do on our dirt road.

Hugs to all
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6090 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6090 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  11:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie,
How is Sadie doing? Sounds like a nice ride, you will get stronger the more you ride.
Your vegie's sound really good and fresh spinach is the best. Nice to have fresh vegetables. I love fresh cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. Yum.

All I did today was work and go to Bible Study tonight which was very good.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2014 :  05:37:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Girls, How is everyone today? I have been busy working on the newsletter, please remember to answer Mama Hens question, "Something we may not know about you", send when you can. I have been busy making triple berry jelly on Monday and am waiting for our local peach farm to start selling, hopefully next week so more jelly and peach jam. Yum. So while I wait I have been getting together everything that everyone has send so far and the newsletter is going to be great but could always use more. So if you have somthing you would like to put in the paper please send it on. We are doing a contest with the answers to Mama Hens question, that will be fun and there are some great recipes this time. Lots of good information. Just fun stuff to look forward too. Take care and have a great day.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9580 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9580 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2014 :  09:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is hot, hot, hot here today. Not doing a lot. Took my dad to shop for shoes this morning. Laundry on the schedule and going to try to get in a little stitching this afternoon.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2014 :  3:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Girls, It was very good getting on here and reading about everyone's day! Summer time and fresh veggies and pretty flowers :)! Heat not so much :(!
Late this afternoon, we said "goodby" to our precious TaffyAnn. Such a hard time, oh and the tears flow!!! She was the best doggy the Lord every put on this earth, to us anyway! She would have been 17 on July 4th. Please keep us in your prayers as this isn't easy. Our other two Pups, GracieBell and BarneyRumble will miss their big sister, but not as much as Mom and Dad!
Thanks gals
Love to you all
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2014 :  4:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, I am so sorry for your lose, they are family. And it is so hard to lose one of our fur babies. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6090 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6090 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2014 :  9:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry I sent you an email for the newsletter.

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2014 :  6:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Ruth I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to loose one of our fur babies. Wish I could be there to give you a hug.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6090 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6090 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2014 :  6:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Ruth,
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Taffy Ann, I know how you must feel and my prayers are with you because it is not an easy thing to go through.

Blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  06:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, thank you I got it.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  06:32:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww, I am so angry with myself I wrote this big ol long post and deleted it, now I do not remember all I said.
Ruth, I ams so sorry you lost your TaffyAnn, it is so hard loosing one of our babies even when we have others fur babies, the ones with loose take a little piece of our heart with them. I am sending lots of Colorado hugs.
Julie, I am so happy you were able to visit with your sister, hubby and your grandkiddos were there to help entertain, are children the best they will liven up any family gathering.
Sherry I can not wait for the second newsletter at the end of the month, so happy everyone is sending in their contribution and hope more will arrive in your mailbox.
Yesterday I went to lunch with a girlfriend I had not send in awhile, it was great to spend time with her and catch up, lunch was yummy.
Today Tom and I will go to breakfast in Cripple Creek (49 cents) a very yummy breakfast, oh it is great to be a Senior. Then we will get the tags for the truck and go to a shop or two.
Tomorrow night is our annual neighborhood Summer Soltise Party at the neighbors, we each bring a dish, enjoy the first day of summer and visiting with neighbors and friends we do not see too often. Always a good time!
Sunday we leave for Denver to visit with Kent for a view days and go to a couple baseball games. The St. Louis Cardinals are in town to play the Colorado Rockies, GO CARDS!
My foot and ankle is not as painful, the Frankenstien Boot sure helps, for stability and the pain and makes it so much easier to walk. We will see how I do at the baseball Stadium, not going to worry about it as I just want to have fun and relax.
So my chickies I hope you enjoy your weekend and first day of summer where you are, I will be thinking of all of you.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  6:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Girls,
Please keep Joan her daughter Laura and the baby in your thoughts and prayers. Laura ended up in the ER yesterday bleeding. She is now on complete bed rest until the baby is born, Joan will be helping to take care of her.

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  6:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you sweet Julie for letting us know, I have contacted Joan. Keeping Laura, Baby and the whole family in my heart, thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2014 :  4:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joan, Keeping your family in my prayers! How much longer does she have till the baby is due?
Tomorrow morning Dave and I are heading out to the Outer Banks, NC for a few days, then on to see our son, daughter-in-love and youngest grandson, stationed at Ft Bragg, NC. It will be good to get away for a few days! When we come home part of our family will be coming to the mountains for the 4th of July. Blue Ridge, GA has some fun family events, that we all enjoy.
I'll will take my tablet with me, so I will be in touch some.
Hugs to you all
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6090 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6090 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2014 :  5:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joan I will put your daughter in my prayers that everything goes well and the rest helps her and the bleeding stops.
How was your Summer Solstice party Debbie, and enjoy all of what you are going to do and take care of your ankle at the Stadium and I say go Rockies, I like their colors. Have a good time with your son and have a good Fourth.

Enjoy your time at Outer banks Ruth, Are you going to see Cape Hatteras Light house? I love that one.
Have a good evening everyone!

Blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  08:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joan - hoping your daughter is doing better, we all want to rest sometime, dont you just want to spend the day in bed sometimes, but when you have to, its hard, I know I would rather be washing the kitchen floor with a toothbrush after about 2 days! Keep us updated on this please! Debbie-Hows that darned foot doing? We would love to hear about your summer soltice party! What fun! A few months ago I joined our local chapter of the American Stitching Guild, tonight is our summer picnic, we all bring a dish to pass. It is at a farm owned by one of the members, funny but I remember chaperoning my son probably 25 years ago for his preschool at this very same farm so i am looking forward to this much! I thought the picnic was during the day and my friend carol did also, she took the day off work and I asked for my first day off from watching Nina (other gma watching her today) Saturday we learned it was at night today, so I am spending my day catching up on things, including hecking in with my scattered prarie girl buds!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6090 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6090 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  08:43:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sue your summer Soltice party sounds like a lot of fun as well as your stitching guild,
Debbie I hope you are having a good time today,
Joan I hope your daughter is doing better today and you take care as well.

Have a great Monday everyone

Blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  3:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi every one. I just got back from spending another day with Laura. She's doing better, the bleeding stopped but she's just not feeling well. Her due date is July 5th, so I'm praying she will go very soon.
Thank you all for your prayers.
I will keep you all posted in a couple of days.

Joan Nordquist
Independent Consultant, Origami Owl
Tell your story with jewelry!
http://nordquist.origamiowl.com

A Life Without a Friend is a Life Without Sun.
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6090 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6090 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  4:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My prayers continue for you all Joan, and that your daughter can hold off until her due date. I am glad the bleeding stopped.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page