Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 ChRiStMaS sToCkInG PaRtNeRs PoStEd HeRe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic ChRiStMaS sToCkInG PaRtNeRs PoStEd HeRe Next Topic
Page: of 4

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  3:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie received you goodies! Thank you so much. You are always so full of surprises. Love the stocking! So my style. Thank you for putting together a lovely package! Cheers

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9609 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9609 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  6:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kathy,
I just got home from seeing my grandbabies in Ohio. Fun times!! I am so glad you got your stocking and that you liked everything. I tried to put the things that were on your list in there. I enjoyed this swap so much.

I received your stocking to me when I got home tonight. Did you make it? It is beautiful and thank you for the goodies. Can't wait to try the tea and the little ornaments are adorable! Oh and the soap. I will be using that tonight. I am hoping it helps soothe my dry skin. We use wood heat and my skin gets so dry. Oh and thank you for the prayer angel, the snowflake and the crochet potholder. You put such a lot of handmade work into mine. My stocking is just beautiful and all that stitching, you do beautiful work. Thanks again!! It was nice to come home to such a lovely package!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugloveslilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 16 2013 05:20:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  06:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You Carole for the fabulous package! I love everything in it, iI can't wait to dig into everything. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4139 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4139 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  07:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to let you know that Debbie in Alaska sent me my stocking full of treasures and somewhere between Alaska and Colorado the box was repacked. So, I received a black frame and someone else received my stocking full of treasures. Debbie did tell me what she had picked out for me, and there were some lovely vintage treasures in the stocking that sounded wonderful. Like Peggy Debbie knows me well, if the gifts she and Peggy picked out for me is any indication. I hope that whoever received my stocking full of treasures will take care of them, cherish and treasure them like I would have.
Debbie, thank you so much for the care and love you put in my stocking, and let us hope that someone else may be enjoying all the wonderful gifts. I hope they needed something this holiday season to make them happy and put a smile on their face. You are the best!
Here is how Debbie described the treasures she pick out for me, I hope she does not mind me sharing. Debbie says,

"In the future, if I ever mail anything again, I will do like my mom and put mailing info on the inside also.

Any way, should I tell you about the great stuff I sent?!!!!!
Yes, I think so! Years ago I bought myself a book about historic samplers and it had pictures of beautiful old intricately made samplers.(Debbie knows I collect Vintage Samplers)
A very old box of stocking dye, I had never heard of such a thing, but they were very frugul back then. When my mom was young she used to use an eyebrow pencil to draw a line up the backs of her legs to look like she had stockings on! (I love this story that she shared, sounds like something I would have done:-)
The gift I was unsure about was a piece of embroidery that had a rosary flowing across, beads and a cross, some flowers and a little prayer, it wasn't quite finished, but was unique and pretty.(This too I would have treasured and framed) Probably can't replace these, but will send some other things, won't make for Christmas though.
Please tell your dogs I'll resend there treats!"

Thank you again Peggy and Debbie for always making me full so special.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS"

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Dec 18 2013 07:30:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  08:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, that is such a terrible thing that happened to your stocking from Debbie. It is just disgusting what people will stoop to these days. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

I hope Rain got my package. Delivery tracking shows it was delivered last Monday, so I hope nothing happened to it before it got to her.

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Rain K
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Rain
Paonia CO
150 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  10:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning, Tammy!
My box arrived late yesterday...we have had so much snow, apparently it got held up IN Colorado.
Thank you so much for your generosity!!! Wow, that was a packed box of love. I will take some pictures today. My husband, of course, zeroed in on the chocolate bars immediately. I read most of the paperback last night, and it was heartwarming and just perfect for a long hot bath, that I dearly needed. Thank you, thank you, so much!

Aw, Debbie, why do people do nasty crap like that??? Like it wasn't obviously a gift? Where's the lightning bolt?
Rain

Farmgirl #3381
The Ninth Wave
Earth Meat farms
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  4:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness Debbie and Debbie, this just makes me so sad and mad all at the same time :(!!!
Debbie Main, you put so much thought into that loving stocking you sent to Debbie, and who knows who has it! Was the package insured? I know the things in it are not replaceable, but at least you could be compensated for your loss.
Merry Christmas to all my Farmgirl sisters!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1279 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1279 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  8:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well everyone I hate to add to the bad news with the stocking swap, but I mailed Amber hers on the 9th of December and she still has not received it as far as I know. I payed for 2 day shipping and have tried to track it and am having no kick at all. The tracking is showing it ended up in the state of Washington and it should have been in Kansas. We're did that go wrong. I've been trying to locate it for the last two days and with no luck. Yes it has insurance but that's not what matters it's more of the items that I made just for Amber, just with her in mind. So now I don't know what to do next. They can not tell me were it is at for the last 6 days. Any advise?

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1279 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1279 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  8:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry Amber, I'm working on it.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4139 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4139 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  07:05:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is so strange Sherry as the package Debbie sent me was in Spokane Washington for many days, it came out of Alaska but it was still in Washington too long.
Do not give up Sherry and Amber, things are very slow as you know know this time of year, just because we paid for 2-3 days shipping there is still no guarantee sadly.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS"

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1279 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1279 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  09:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok now it is in Iowa.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4139 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4139 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  10:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least it is traveling and not still sitting in one place.
Keeping good thoughts that she and all our sisters will have their Christmas Packages in time.
Have a fun weekend everyone and Please Be Happy.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  6:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sue, I received my sweet package from you today, but I want to wait until tomorrow evening to open it, because this has been a very busy and somewhat stressful day. Everything is fine, just trying to get everything done as we are celebrating Christmas with our kids tomorrow, and have to be packed and out of here by 5:30 am. I'm about finished up with all the last minute stuff, so ready to hit the shower then the bed. It will feel great tonight :)!
Tomorrow I can relax and enjoy family and friends, same is true for Christmas, and my Birthday :) ! House clean, food cooked, gifts wrapped, baking done! Now to enjoy the fruits of my labor.
So I hope everyone has a blessed, healthy and Merry Christmas!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1279 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1279 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2013 :  2:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Amber, I see that your package was delivered yesterday , so I should ask did you get it? I sure hope you did and was it all there? I'm glad you received it by Christmas. I just can't believe that it took so long to get to you. I hope that all was right and that you are enjoying all your goodies. Merry Christmas and take care.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  01:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Debbie
I opened your stocking Christmas eve, oh what wonderful surprises! Vintage jewelry, postcards from early 1900's that can still be read. A beautiful navy and white quilt top and ornaments. The one made out of a bell is so cute! A couple of books one is Mary Jane's stitching book! I just feel like the luckiest girl!Thanks so much Debbie!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  5:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sue, thanks so much for the overflowing stocking! Wow, so many treasures! Love the Christmas Dresden plate potholder! Cute plaid stocking stuffed with Scotty plates! A shelf sitting angel, cute! Stonewall pancake mix and wild Maine blueberry syrup to go on top...yum! Pretty floral coasters. Pretty Chrismas Bells Brooch, a tin of cocoa and amuch needed rubber spatula.
I opened it Christmas morning when part of our family was here! They almost had as much fun watching me, as I did opening all the little packages!
Loved it all!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9609 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9609 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  11:39:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was such a fun swap and it sounds like everyone had a great time with it! Hope everyone has a happy, healthy New Year!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  1:55:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, the stocking was awesome, I took pictures and when I can get everything to be copacetic I will email you,
Thank you so much it made my day to open all those special packages from my stocking. I loved the paper.
Thanks so much.

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  4:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sue, I forgot to mention the cute, cute clothespins you made! Love them! I had to move them away from all the other goodies, or they would have been made into "toothpicks" by my mini Aussie, Gracie! She never saw a piece of wood she didn't like to chew up :(! Next year they will be used to hang my Christmas cards. Such a cute idea!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2014 :  7:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my reply and notice is a bit late to the party,in a not so fashionable way either.

I got Sherry's gift on the 27th and Everyone marveled at my stocking when I pulled it out.

It's a beautiful cream stocking with a red band on top adorned with rustic cloth ribbon, a bronze tassel, cream lace.
We even marveled over the silk tags with Sherry's name. In the box was a Christmas Book box filled with Christmas flavored chocolates like eggnog, pumpkin spice caramel, and peppermint.
My favorite coffee (not sure how you knew that)Starbucks House Blend. It's what me and the DH call farmers coffee. A couple pairs of warm booties that I am currently wearing since it's starting to freeze again and I have wood floors, brrr. Also a red Christmas apron! The pattern has pretty gold swirls all over it. Lastly was a note card holder that was made from a trap! It is beautifully decorated with personalized memo cards. I want to say the holder was decorated with craft art paper, but that doesn't really describe because it implies it might be cheap looking. Remember the tag books? The memo holder is even prettier IMO. Everything was so pretty and it felt like magic in a box when I opened it since I was feeling down in the dumps that day. Thanks Sherry, It was all so beautiful.

Edited by - AmberNWichita on Jan 04 2014 9:18:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  10:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, finally got around to doing a blog post about my booty! Your can check it out here: http://musingaboutthisandthat.blogspot.com/2014/01/baby-its-cold-outside.html

Thank you again Julie (Treelady) for being my partner. You spoil me! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610

Edited by - ceridwen on Jan 06 2014 12:26:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  11:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW, I had to change my first paragraph, still a heat wave!!! But now the sun is shining! One lap top is in Celsius and another in Fahrenheit. I forget which one is which! lol So, to day is 48F and 5C. It's that Canadian thing again! lol

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9609 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9609 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  12:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was such a fun swap wasn't it? sounds like everyone really enjoyed it!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  2:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I am sorry for not getting on here sooner but my computer was on the fritz. But I am back on and I want to say Your Welcome! And I want to say Thank You so much. Wow! I didn't open mine till Christmas Day! Oh my I can't begin to tell you how much I loved all the goodies. I wrote them all down and when I find it in all the chaos I want to post it on here. Darlene you know me so well. I had so much fun doing this. So glad you were my swappie for this. It was a wonderful Henhouse Sister Christmas. I loved it my sweet friend. Hugssssssssssssssss Marlee
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  5:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your very welcome Carole, I thought you spoiled me as well. Loving the tea!

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic ChRiStMaS sToCkInG PaRtNeRs PoStEd HeRe Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page