Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sometimes you actually do need friends.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sometimes you actually do need friends. Next Topic  

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2014 :  8:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi gals!

So I just wanted to stop by and say Hi to everyone and have a little chat with you all... Figuratively of course.

So, I'm terrible at this so I guess I'll just come and say it. I also don't like to tell people my problems. I feel like people will think I'm attention seeking or making excuses. So now I'm asking for your attention a little bit. Just a little.

I love this Henhouse and I don't want to leave.

First I want to be the first to admit that I f'd up. Yes, I'm outing myself out of guilt. Also because I think today's society gives us too much leeway to make excuses for ourselves and we should just own up to our bad behaviors and habits.

I was not able to get my partners Stocking gift out in time and so she missed out. I did poor planning for it and when things went wrong around here I wasn't able to send it. I also didn't bother emailing her to tell her after I knew for sure I couldn't send it. I only emailed her and told I might be sending it. Plus it took me this long just to get my head together and write a thank you note on the forum. *sigh* I'm not sure if I was the only one but, I have a guilty conscious. I was pretty sure that part of the "long letter" was about me. I might also be vain in that aspect?

Anyway I just wanted to get on my soapbox and say I apologize. Not only to my partner, but to everyone else also. Just because when people don't commit to what they say then fun things swaps stop being done so people won't get hurt feelings.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

I've never been big into resolutions and new beginnings,
But this year I actually made them. Hear it goes.
My resolutions are to stopping putting off medical procedures I need done. i.e. Hernia needs repairing, root canal-ed tooth needs pulling and bridged. I have insurance there is no reason I should be putting these things off. I just need to suck it up and take it when the docs criticize me. Pain and fear of docs are a non issue I just don't take non constructive criticism lightly.

Next I need to be more organized, I have struggled with this all my life and it really has to do with whether or not I have my ADD under control. As of late I do not. I just need to admit I can not mentally handle dealing with my oldest child going in and out of state systems, my ex-husband, a special needs child, and a very active 4yr old who is involved in many, many things. When something goes wrong around my house then I shut down and nothing gets done. The house gets dirty, the laundry piles up, and then I have to play catch up which stresses me out even more. I always have my tough face on like nothing is bothering me though...

Technically these are not things I can ask help for from my sisters, but I do want a small favor. Please call me,text me, write me a letter, email me, something if I've been gone from here too long.
I don't mean to I'm probably hiding from myself in hopes that my overwhelmed self will just go away.

So there you have it.
If you made to the end of this rabble thanks.

Amber

I want there to be no peasant in my kingdom so poor that he cannot have a chicken in his pot every Sunday.
Henry IV

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4139 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4139 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  07:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amber, we are a family and we are here to support, love and hug one another when needed. It is so important to keep our lines of communication open so we know what is going on.
I (we) are beyond thrilled that you and all my other Chickies will be staying in the HH, it means a lot to this old gal and your Mama Hen believe me.
Thank you for checking in and emailing me to let me know what was going on.
Here is to a fabulous year in the HH, love, fun, support and best of all being kind to another and happy.
Love Y'all,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 05 2014 07:10:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  11:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amber
I agree with Debbie, we are family and we are here to help support you when you need us. I haven't been much help lately either because of my internet being out but I am back now with a better internet and I want to be there if I am needed, Communication is what is needed and I see it lacking in alot of things where I live. If you need prayer just let me know I can do that, anyone, I am a bad telephone person but that can change too, I am trying to be better at it with my out of town family which I have been bad a bout as well.

I really want to be a better farmsister as well. This is an awesome place to be with wonderful Hen House sisters and especially Mama Hen, she really tries to keep us together, I say I am here for you....

You all are just the best people I have for friends, YAY, Scattered Prairie Gals Hen House, Thank you.

Just remember I am there for you too Amber! Everyone else as well.

I love you all
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  11:49:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BIG GRANDIOSO HUGS FOR YOU ALL TOO!

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Jan 05 2014 11:50:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  1:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We need to get together some weekend.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  6:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Amber, We are all human, we all make mistakes - not to worry! Sounds like you have a pretty full plate to deal with. We are here for you, just please let us know when you need extra prayers!
Know that you are loved and that we care about you!
Hugs and prayers,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Rain K
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Rain
Paonia CO
150 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  8:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Amber,
I echo the sentiments expressed above...and I greatly respect how difficult it must have been to write a "mea culpa" letter!
I just have one little niggling point...if Sherry was your stocking partner and you never sent her a stocking, does that mean she went without anything coming for the swap??? Why not just send it out late, or send something for new year, or if all else fails, tell us so we can make it up to Sherry. I hate to think of her not having a gift when she has been so generous to us all. I'm not trying to felt the wound or make you feel guilty! I would just love to have a happy ending to a sad tale.
take care,
Rain

Farmgirl #3381
The Ninth Wave
Earth Meat farms
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  01:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no she will not miss out at all, just it is late.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4139 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4139 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  07:08:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chickies, we will have HH Angels (to start our New Year) so if and when we find out something has gone wrong with a swap for whatever reason we will always have HH angels to step in. No one will ever be left out or forgotten, that is a promise. We just need to be made aware of the situation as soon as possible from both partners.
Amber is going to send a package to Sherry and we know she will be very please, feel loved and not forgotten. Thank you Amber.
Hugs,
Debbie and Julie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1279 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1279 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  07:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone, first off Amber please do not feel bad at all. And you do not have to send me anything, I was just worried something had happen within your family. And then when your stocking got lost in the mail, I was more afraid that you would not get yours. I am more of a giver than a receiver.i love to make sure everyone else has theirs before I ever think of myself, I hope that makes since. Just to let everyone know I am fine with all of it, just glad Amber got her stocking. And glad it got to her in one piece. Amber the tag inside the stocking that I made was given to me by my daughter Markie. Because I was making stocking for her boss this year and Ms. Dianne wanted her family to know who made the stockings. Long story sorry. So those were a gift to me. My daughter just thought they were a nice touch. Was hoping you would like the note holder, made just for you, hope it was your style.
Just know I am good with everything. Big hugs to all

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4139 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4139 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  07:40:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Sherry you are so sweet and believe me we know that is how you feel. We do not want anyone feeling bad at all, there is no reason too. Things in our lives happen and we just do the best we can.
Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  08:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you God for all these beautiful people. Blessings everyone.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  08:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen! Love to all from Georgia :)!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  2:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love'yall so much you are truly my sisters and I feel we are in this henhouse together because we do love each other and we are here for each other no matter what
happens. If someone gets stuck about something or needs something we should yell for help. Believe me we will come to the rescue.

My computer hit the fritz and has been pout a week or more . But am back on so I am playing catch up. Am so glad to be back on and in the henhouse.

HUGS Marlee
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  5:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't say it enough, I LOVE my henhouse sisters! Your warm hearts, generosity and love you all show for each other makes me so happy I am a part of this group of Amazing women. Amber please give us a shout if you need support of anykind we are all here for you.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sometimes you actually do need friends. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page