Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirls Southwest
 Project Discussions
 not a project-an update!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic not a project-an update! Next Topic  

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  2:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
our wonderful mother hen has gently, lovingly reminded me that i have been remiss- gosh- time is slipping by so quickly some days and others it just drags!

i have been quite remiss in updating and i feel kinda funny doing so on the main threads- i don't want pity from anyone and i feel like my problem is small compared to some that the farmgals need prayers, etc., for. and some of them seem to thrive on drama! (did i say that??)

chemo #2 was a week ago and the Neulasta shot for the white blood count was tuesday. i have 2 more coming on the 12th and 26th...i actually have felt pretty good this past week; however, today i hit the wall...weak, queasiness and low blood sugar. i think it's the coming down off the steroids that they give me for three days after the chemo--it was all i could do to get dressed, go to the center for my PICC flush and we did a few groceries- i had hubby drive cuz i wasn't sure that i could and i am glad he went with me. we came home and i took a compazine(anti nausea )and an ativan and napped. woke up hungry and feeling somewhat better but it comes and goes.i moved out to the recliner and the girls-my dog and cat-both laid with me for about two hours! they are truly wonderful!!!!hate to move them when i have to get up to potty!

again, i cannot complain...i frequent a breastcancer board and so many of those gals have it so much worse....i truly am blessed.

i do still have some straggling hair and it hurts but won't fall out! i keep a bandanna (ceejays red hearts is on today!!!) or a sleep cap on in the house. bandannas are great but i need to find bigger ones! and i am trying to learn scarf tying! i was given a (new) wig from Crickett's Answer for Cancer, which i wear when i go out.it comes off immediately upon returning!

had a wonderful lunch date with my younger son last friday- renewing! then went shopping and overdid it...chemo tired is hard to explain to anyone who has not had it--it's mental, physical and emotional...making choices at the grocery store gets harder! driving is tiring for me....

over the weekend, i didn't even turn the computer on...just acted like a slug!

i am strengthened by the cards and emails from all of you and the wonderful heart yo yo swap that i am still participating in ...tho i think i need to even scale back from that one...

i miss not going to school like nuts but i couldn't have done it--and i am going nuts in this horrid awful apartment which now has electrical wiring issues ...our power will go out for no reason but not the whole building's. i am building a case to break my lease but don't have the strength to move right now- or the money for a deposit on another apt since we just paid our rent.if it gets to it i am sure that my kids will jump in to help with the physical move and it won't be as hard as coming from 400 miles north! just the same; it's tiring!

anyhow- i think i am doing well; i'm trying to do everything that i can to get thru....thank you all for being here!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  3:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww, Margo! I'm so glad you did share with us your update. We all know that it's been and will be a "journey" for you and one that is full of all kinds of "hiccups". I have never had to go through that and I'm grateful to the Lord for that.

I can certainly understand you not wanting to share all the "nitty and gritty" on the general forum but I'm glad you did here. I know our "chicks" are wondering, caring and praying. I will be continuing that . . . and I just wish I could be there to be your "hands on" mother hen chick friend.

Thanks again . . . keep us posted as you can!
I'm continuing to pray . . . and I think of you!
HUGS TO YOU MY FARMGIRL "CHICK"!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  3:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW: I don't think you're "remiss" . . cuz I know you've got SOOOOOOO MUCH to deal with. I just thought we'd all like to hear how you are doing.
YOU ARE LOVED!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  6:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i took it as a gentle hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! call it my guilty conscience!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4011 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4011 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  6:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Margo, I was glad to see your update, our henhouse is here for you to share it all, none or whatever makes you comfortable, we are here to listen, give virtual hugs and all the support we can.
I have not been through what you are going through or your journey personally but cancer has touched my life through my adopted sister who is a breast cancer survivor 6 years, and my very dear friend who is a 1 year survivor of anal cancer. She went through the worst I have ever seen, she is a Georgia Girl and there just are some things you can not talk about or share, this was very personal, hard and embarrassing for her. But, she is one of the bravest women I have ever known. I know without a doubt I could not go through what you, my sister or my dear friend are going through or have went through with the grace that all of you have. I admire you Margo and I pray you will have the strength and love of your family to get through this journey, from what I have read of your posts I believe you do.
Hang in there Margo and know this Henhouse of Farmgirl Sisters are always here for you.
Farmgirl {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}},
Deb

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  7:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))) to you Margo!!!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic not a project-an update! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page