Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Mozart or Madonna Next Topic  

Montrose Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

188 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
188 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  09:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never thought you'd see those two in the same title I bet. Well, I'm working on my music badge and decided to compare two artist that I don't listen to unless necessary. What I found interesting was that in a way they were similar. Both were constantly searching for new things in their music. Madonna liked to reinvent herself and never stuck to the "formula" that made her a hit and Mozart, though less obvious to me, seemed to pull from so many different styles he too played with his "beat". He liked to switch from opera to instrumental.

I think the difference between the two are more obvious. The style of their music, their early influences, instrumental vs. more vocal.

I'm sure as "junior" grows I'll be listening to even more music I don't quite "get". But that is the job of the next generation.

Laurie

Best Growing

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  10:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, you've picked quite the ones to compare! Have fun with what you learn. Yes, there are some similiarities which come with just being a musician. As I am an accomplished musician myself I know there are certain "eccentricities" that go with our "breed".

However, I'll take Mozart ANY day over Madonna! I've studied and learned his music and studied his life a bit to know a smidge about his life and his talent. Because I know how it is for me to express my music to someone else I can understand a bit about how some of these musicians, who were genius, had SOOOOOOOO MUCH music in their heads and hearts and the striving to "get it out" for others to hear and learn. Quite the challenge, to say the least!!

I know, for me, that when I was trying to accomplish something and it just wasn't coming out right over and over I'd just give up and leave it until I could revisit it and hope for a more satisfying result.

Anyway, have fun with it!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Mar 03 2012 11:10:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rali
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Rali
Scottsdale Arizona
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  12:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Laurie,

I'm just happy you're writing about something on the forum! There has been no activity following our Valentine Exchange. I was starting to wonder if I'd been dropped off the e-mail list. Best of luck!

Sincerely,

Rali
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  1:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rali,
Nope, you're not dropped of the list! I was just thinking the same thing . . . the Henhouse has been rather quiet lately.
So, I hope that means everyone is just busy!

Hope we'll be doing more "clucking" here!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  3:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep! I've been busy...that's for sure! Being my teacher self! Today is a resting day! Next week is more parent teacher conferences and then spring break! Ahhh!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4011 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4011 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  08:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am still here too, just out of town at the moment celebrating our sons birthday.
Have a beautiful Sunday everyone.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Rain K
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Rain
Paonia CO
150 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  09:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Einstein once talked about Beethoven's music being composed through great effort and musical genius, while Mozart simply played through a direct channel to God, as if it was all formed ready to be plucked by the "master". I have also studied Mozart's life, mostly when playing harp and flute, and I think his outrageous public displays and lewd behavior are more of a connecting point with Madonna than his music! Many people considered Mozart's music to be brash and overbearing during his twenties, so I guess that parallels Madonna also.
Rain

Farmgirl #3381
The Ninth Wave
Earth Meat farms
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Mozart or Madonna Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page