Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  7:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Southwest Farmgirls/Friends,

Just dropping by to say Hello and let you all know...that I miss all of you so very much. There is not a day that goes by, that I don't get an email from CJ or a card in the mail from one of you, or an email as well. It warms my heart that you all still think about me...and I am going to be better about being there for all of you. 2011 was not a good year for me...once I left Colorado, my world turned upside down..and without getting into specifics, I am just now starting to feel like my old self. It has been a long, lonely journey. So, I hope and pray that 2012 will be kinder, easier, and much more pleasant. And I hope that even though I am not in Pa...I can always call the Southwest Henhouse my true home with the Farmgirls. I may be coming back to Colorado in June for 2 weeks...and would love to revisit Blessed in Colorado, meet CJ and the other lovely ladies of this henhouse. I have missed you all so much......Hugs and Love, Erica

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4011 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4011 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  04:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are so happy you are back Erica, we have missed you too. You have never been far from my heart, thoughts and always in my prayers.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  05:27:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YAY!! Erica . . SOOOOOO GOOD to hear from you.
And, nope, you have not been forgotten. I've thought SOOOOO much about you, wondering how things were and hoping that we'd hear some peeping and clucking from you again.

If you are coming back to Colorado for a visit, do you know what part of June? My daughter, Robin . . . you know, "Birdie" who is also in our Henhouse and I will be on the Denver, Colorado Springs side of the state in the latter part of the month. In fact, we "promised" Debbie and Marilyn (a Chick close to Debbie) that we'd visit them there. 'Twould be cool to connect then!!

Anyway, you CAN call on the Farmgirls Southwest Henhouse . . you BETCHA!!!! Now, get back in here, stir up your nest and join the hen party!
HUGS!!!!!
CJ . . your ole mother hen

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Pam
Phoenix Arizona
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  07:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Erica,

I was touched by your email. When I moved away from Colorado 6 years ago (to Arizona) I didn't think it would be nearly as difficult as it was. As it turns out, I am still a Coloradan at heart, just living far from home. I went through a really hard time just because I missed the mountains and the open spaces and seeing all the wildlife out my front door. I lived east of Parker, out in the country. I have finally adjusted to being in AZ, which is a fine place. It's just not Colorado. We now live in a suburb on 1/4 acre, which is a shock for this country girl. I finally have wildlife around (although very different wildlife)...I've worked really hard to create a pesticide-free environment and have certified as a backyard wildlife habitat. Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you are from Colorado, it seems so hard to go anywhere else because you get used to "having it all". Whatever your experience has been of late, I am so glad that you have reached out to the rest of us...and that things have been improving for you. Take good care and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Warmly,
Pam

Pam
Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
112 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  07:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erica
Would love to meet you. June is set aside for your visit. We will get together. Looking forward to seeing you.

Hang in there. Glad your okay.

Go to Top of Page

Rali
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Rali
Scottsdale Arizona
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  08:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Erica,

So glad you are back! There is solace in the Southwest Henhouse. We're all here for you.

Sincerely,

Rali
Go to Top of Page

Rain K
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Rain
Paonia CO
150 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  08:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Erica,
Please know you (and any other farmgirl!) are certainly welcome to add Paonia to your Colorado visit! What part of PA is Selinsgrove? I grew up in central western New Jersey and my father's family was originally from western PA, although they are all gone now. I'm glad you are re-connecting, and here's to an easier 2012!
Take care,
Rain

Farmgirl #3381
The Ninth Wave
Earth Meat farms
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

188 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
188 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  11:35:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erica,

Once a farmgirl, always a farmgirl. And if you come to Paonia, Hotchkiss is right around the corner. Moving can be hard in so many ways. Hang in there and I hope you have a great year.

Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  12:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chickies:) Looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones..thanks for your encouragement and support:) My DH will be finished with his deployment in June, not sure of a date yet...and he needs to come back to Peterson to outprocess. Since he is doing that..there is no way I am staying here. I have missed Colorado like crazy. The new home is sweet, and the family has been very good to us while DH is deployed, but there is just something about the west that my heart longs for. The people, the mountains, the hiking, the dry air...I just miss it all, and didn't think I would so much, with my roots being here. In 1991-92 I lived in the Springs for 9 months, 20010-11, it was a mere 8 months...not enough time to really live there at all. I have a feeling, and told my husband too, this wasn't the last time we will be in Colorado..I know it...we will go back....if not to stay, then it will be for regular visits..I just know it:) So, once I know exact dates...I will let you all know too. Farmgirl Hugs, Erica
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic I am here..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page