ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  4:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every job I have had required that I have First Aid and/or CPR training: hospitals, physician offices, public school, oxygen equipment/medical equipment supply, and in-home caregiver.

And, because I became the mom of a developmentally disabled son who has physical issues that needed special skills I realized that this training was essential.

I have had to put much of this training into practice in a variety of situations which included meetings of parents with developmentally disabled children and a child choking. My own son and many choking episodes. Not to mention the multiple times someone was cut, bleeding, burned or having some other issue.

We live in the country and while emergency services are available, its not quick. When we are traveling, in the mountains or wherever there is not much availability it is just foolish to not have some training, knowledge and preparedness for possible situations.

It just makes sense to always be prepared with first aid/emergency supplies and personal protection kits. It also makes sense to have healthy snacks available for situations when a person is having hypoglycemic episodes. Water, matches, blankets (including Mylar blankets), bandage supplies, flashlight, gloves . . . it all goes with us.

It is also essential that a person be sure they are "in step" with procedures, refreshing their training and their memory on what needs to be done.

Hope you "chicks" are planning and preparing!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

coloradocindy
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Cindy
Bayfield CO
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  08:21:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I have volunteered for different organizations they often required that I have first aid training. Sometimes the organization will pay for the training. Just a thought!!

From the beautiful mountains of Southwest Colorado
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic First Aid Measures Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page