Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirls Southwest
 Project Discussions
 Getting myself organized
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Getting myself organized Next Topic  

coloradocindy
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Cindy
Bayfield CO
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  10:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to share my attempt to get myself organized since joining the SWFG. I took all the names and information and taped them to 3x5 index cards. Now I have them in birthdate order and hopefully won't forget anybody when their birthday comes up. As we add new members it will be easy to add them to the file!!

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  10:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea Cindy. I put everyone's birthday on my Yahoo Calendar . . . with a pre-birthday notice to "send". THe more we grow the more challenging it gets. However, growing is a REALLY GOOD thing!!!
Thanks!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado
Go to Top of Page

Chelley
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Desert Valley Development Mesa, AZ
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  5:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cindy, I had just gotten two packs of color-coded index cards last week to use as address/info cards and then I read your post. I always love synchronicity. I'm still a bit overwhelmed with trying to learn the ropes of the henhouse, but am totally enjoying gettng to know other FG's.

--chelley.

Farmgirl Sister #2323

...returning raw foodist....new knitter...happy 1st time homeowner...Wisconsin FG currently living in the desert...
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  10:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a list on my computer with the birthdays listed by the month. It's not always foolproof because sometimes I forget to check the list at the beginning of every month. CJ's email reminders make it really easy for me to know when everybody's birthdays are. :-) Of course, I doubt she will send a reminder for her own birthday so that one I have to keep track of on my own. he-he. (And here's a hint for everyone to check your lists because a certain CJ is having a birthday this month.)

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Chelley
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Desert Valley Development Mesa, AZ
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  6:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right you are, Kathy. Our Miss CJ has her birthday on the 17th (happy-happy, CJ). To help me, I think I may use one calendar just for the Henhouse. I printed out a pretty one from the Microsoft website. I like the thought of how thrifty it was...only 96 cents to print out the 12 pages.

--chelley.

Farmgirl Sister #2323

...returning raw foodist....new knitter...happy 1st time homeowner...Wisconsin FG currently living in the desert...
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Getting myself organized Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page