pumpkinvine
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Amy
Lompoc CA
82 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  5:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laurie,

The bee book came today - thanks so much! I'll let you all know when I'm done so I can pass it on to the next person.

Amy from Lompoc

Farmgirl Sister #119

http://www.pumpkincupcake.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  5:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Amy,
I hope you find that book as interesting as I did!!!

Kathy . . I meant to let you know a few days ago that the "SOUL OF THE HORSE" arrived. And, THANK YOU for the note cards!!! I appreciate that.

All you "CHICKS" . . . hope you're having a nice fall!! Take care all of you in your fall festivities, work . . . working towards Merit Badges.
TAKE CARE!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  8:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really the bee book. I think it's been my favorite so far.

CJ, you're welcome for the cards. I was just wondering earlier today if the book had made it to you. Thanks for letting me know.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  7:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As of 10/28/10

MB total = 341!!

YAHOO!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

188 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
188 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  06:05:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two books available from the library. "In Defense of Food" and "Heirlom Seeds".

Is anyone ready for them?

Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  09:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laurie, Which badge is "In Defense of Food" for? This is pretty crazy but I can't remember if I've read it. Probably because I read so many books.

I need to get back to working on badges. Life has been so busy here that it has not even entered my mind. I've made my ornaments for the henhouse trade so I guess that could count. :-)

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  10:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kathy,
I know you asked Laurie this question, but the "In Defense of Food" is for expert in KNOW YOUR FOOD.
ANIMAL, VEGETABLE, MIRACLE is for begnning and OMNIVORES DILEMMA is for intermediate. I have these two available as well.
Let me know if you them.
Take care!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  10:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I have read that book! Actually I listened to it on cd's. I thought it was an awesome book! I've already read the other two books for that badge, although I didn't know it when I was reading them. Thanks, CJ.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4009 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4009 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  12:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seem so overwhelmed and not sure where to start on my merit badges. I am knitting prayer shawls, baby blankets, mittens, and ornaments now. Maybe that is where I should start, any thoughts from anyone that had the same trouble knowing where to start? I would love some advice.

Thanks girls.
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  1:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie.
If you knit, then you could start there. Just look over the requirements and see how you can fit what you are already doing into them. Take digital pics so you can post those with your applications.

You can find the list of badge requirements on the Connection in "Earn Merit Badges . . ".
We're all here to help, so hollar.
Hope that helps. There are a LOT of badges . . . but take 'em one at a time at least to get going.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4009 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4009 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  12:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks CJ I think that is where I will start.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  2:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone read the "Cluck" yet where it shows how MaryJane made her badges into jewelry? I want to try this but haven't had a chance to get to the craft store yet. She made her Farmgirl Sisterhood badge into a pin. I don't remember there being a downloadable version for this, only the cloth badge I got when I first joined the Sisterhood. Does anyone know of it being available to download anywhere?

It would really be neat if we could have a "badge" for our henhouse to add to the bracelet I'm planning on making. Is anyone here handy at designing something like that on the computer and it is it even something that would be allowed? Maybe we could find a charm somewhere to represent our henhouse. When I'm looking at the craft store for supplies for this project I'll look and see what's available if anyone else is interested.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  4:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Kathy,
Yup, read the "Cluck" and I'm gonna try too . . . but it'll have to be after the two Christmas Bazaars I'm doing. AND, when we get to Robin's in Phoenix for Christmas before I can go look for supplies. Nothing available here.

I don't think there is a downloadable Sisterhood badge. . . I know you order, and pay for, another one. But, it might be worth an email to Brian at the farm and ask him.

I think that something for our Henhouse is a SUPER, DUPER, GREAT IDEA!!! Thanks for thinking of it. I don't know if we'd be allowed to do a "badge" per se. But I also think a charm would be a great idea too. I could probably design something, but don't know if I'd have time. I also think it's a GREAT idea if you want to do some searching around for a charm or something that would work.

So, I say go for it!!!! Let me know how I can actually help . . .other than ramble on about it.
THANKS KATHY!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

pumpkinvine
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Amy
Lompoc CA
82 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  6:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I pulled out my shrink plastic when I saw that article, but that's as far as I've gotten!

Amy from Lompoc

Farmgirl Sister #119

Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  08:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CJ, Yea, a badge wasn't really what I was meaning anyway. Just some token to represent our little group.

Amy, that's a great idea to use the shrink plastic. Do you think you would want to design a charm for our henhouse? I'd be willing to actually color and bake one for everybody that wanted one. Another idea I had was to look for a charm online. That way everybody could have a vote in what we might pick. MaryJane mentioned a couple of places online that have charms and such. I can look around and then post any I might find here on our forum. I looked at Michael's last night and didn't see anything. By the way, CJ, the selection at my nearest Michael's wasn't very big. I only found a couple of things that could work. I was really hoping to get those little typewriter key looking things but they didn't have them. I think I'm going to check the store online so that might be an option for you or anybody who doesn't have a craft store nearby.

I'm hoping to have some time next week to do some internet browsing and I'll let you know what I find.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  09:03:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kathy,
I vote that you go ahead and look around for us. The Michael's near Robin's house usually had a good selection . . if they don't I'll probably order them online.

You go girl . . see what ya' can find.
THANKS FOR DOING THAT!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4009 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4009 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  09:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally finished my knitting project, it is for my Secret Sister's reveal gift. So, I will take a picture of it and fill out the farm for my first merit badge. Wish me luck chicks.

Hugs,
Debbie

Deb
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  4:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made a trip by Michael's when I was out running errands today. It's really hard to find a large quantity of any one charm. I was looking for something sort of southwestern feeling but didn't have any luck. I did find a little silver flower around 3/8" with a tiny peridot green crystal in the middle. I tried to find a link online to show you what it looks like but didn't have any luck. They are really inexpensive at $3.50 for a box of four. Although it's not southwestern it would be something that we could all have as a common charm on our bracelets.

Online I found this cactus http://tinyurl.com/27t3qrf or at this site http://tinyurl.com/27gjp26 there are several to choose from. I like the bear fetish or a feather. I don't know how to make an active link here so you can copy and paste to check these out. Anybody that's interested please speak up and let me know what you'd like.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Rusty
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Rusty
Las Cruces NM
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  5:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK Chicks:
Sounds like you all have been pretty busy with the jewelry idea. I LOVE IT! Count me in on whatever you decide.

Love-

Rusty
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  6:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Kathy,

I, too, like the cactus. I also like the cowboy hat on that same page.
On the second one, I kinda like the southwestern rooster on page one, and the lizard and turtle ones on page two.
Hmmmmmmm
You other chicks check 'em out and see what ya' think. Kathy has done some work on this for us. THANKS KATHY!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

pumpkinvine
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Amy
Lompoc CA
82 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  07:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't know where to begin in designing a charm, but I'm up for buying one!

Amy from Lompoc

Farmgirl Sister #119

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4009 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4009 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  08:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I checked out the web sites as well and I like the Southwestern Rooster goes with our theme of South West and Farm girls. But, I like the others as well, I will go along with what everyone else wants as I too like the idea.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  08:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm down with the cactus, for sure!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4009 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4009 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  08:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If everyone likes the cactus I am good with that as well.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Merit Badges Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page