Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Hanging By A Thread
 Project Discussions
 Update on Horsehead Wallhanging
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Update on Horsehead Wallhanging Next Topic  

Traildancer
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
15 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  1:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, ladies. The borders are on my first attempt. Boy, does it look better with the borders. I still haven't decided whether to truly applique each little piece (101!!!) or just some sort of freeform all over. I have decided to give this one to my daughter's best friend in the whole wide world. They have been friends since 1st grade and they are now in their third year at Oregon State. Melanie got accepted at Texas A&M Vet School for the fall so will be leaving in August. We (her mother, herself, my daughter and I) have ridden thousands of miles together and have fantastic memories. The horse kind of looks like her horse and she likes burgundy (the border color) so it will be a going away present. I want to make one with green borders for her mother.

Making the first one, my hand got very sore and fatigued even with spring-loaded scissors and I wasn't going to do any more. But once I got all the pieces cut out, building the picture went quickly. So I offered to make one for my blue friend (color, not emotion) but I took ibuprofen before cutting and that worked better.

So------all this to say that if I can figure out how to post photos, I will try to do so. Both horses look very different even though it's the same pattern.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
66 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  06:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would love to see your project. Do you have a blog??

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
140 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  08:31:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to see it too. Is there a link to some pics?
Go to Top of Page

Traildancer
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  12:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, ladies. I can't figure out how to size photos with my photo editor so that I can post them through Photobucket.

I have now made four horses and have learned a bit from each one. First of all, the horse head needs to be significantly lighter than the surrounding mane pieces. And with each project, I quilted more and more of the pieces. I tried working from the center out. Then I tried working one side at a time. This last piece, I started at the top and worked down. It came out the best. The friend I made it for took it to the quilt shop where I had purchased the fabric. One lady asked if I took orders!
It sure is fun to go to the quilt shop and look at all the pretty fabrics. I'm partial to the batiks.

Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Karen-Farmgirl #918
Montrose Michigan
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  1:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can size the pictures on PhotoBucket (do not "love" this program) small, medium, large and even thumbnail size. I of course noticed this after posting my pictures the other day. I will try again here in a day or to as I think my are a tad too big. That said I would love to see these wallhangings...they sound marvelous!

Farmgirl Sister #918

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

Traildancer
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  12:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay--here is a tiny photo of the latest wallhanging. It doesn't say if it is the preferred 72 dpi so I just went with the smallest. Hope you can see it!

Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Update on Horsehead Wallhanging Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page