MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2018 :  11:50:12 AM  Show Profile
Very much agreed! Simple is what I need, but I definitely want to make sure I use all that I get rather than let any go to waste.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  6:46:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, I've been MIA from the forum because life has been too hectic! Joyce I just saw that you asked about my retreat, wow I can't believe I haven't been on here since then! It was wonderful, it was for Area Coordinators (leader volunteers) for Operation Christmas Child. Last weekend I went to the conference for all volunteers in Phoenix. it was nice there and snowed here HAHAHA. Anyway both were wonderful. Hope everyone is doing well, I'll try to be on more regularly but it may be a few more weeks before life settles down again.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  02:50:23 AM  Show Profile
So nice to hear from you, Sabrina!! I'm glad you stopped in to let us know how you are doing. Those retreats do sound lovely! I look forward to hearing from you, hopefully, more often as life settles down for you :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2018 :  1:04:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi lovely ladies! I am back after having my baby and I'm super excited to catch up. How is everyone doing?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2018 :  1:10:40 PM  Show Profile
How did everything go, Krista?

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2018 :  1:08:54 PM  Show Profile
Joyce, everything went great! It was a fairly quick and easy labor. When she was ready to come she was ready! Lol she wanted to arrive before the doctor even made it! Luickly he got there just in time. 1 push later and she was here!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2018 :  11:57:16 AM  Show Profile
How's everyone doing? Any fun summer plans? I'm hoping to get some swimming time in this year. Plus I want to get my oldest into swimming lessons.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2018 :  2:56:36 PM  Show Profile
Krista, congratulations on your new baby! Very exciting! Is your little guy excited to be a big brother? Gardening, baseball and school planning have kept me busy the past month. We have baseball until the 20th, a camping trip at the end of the month and vacation in South Haven Michigan in August.

Erin
Sister #3762
Farmgirl of the Month ~ March 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2018 :  1:08:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Erin! Yes they are both so in love with their sister. The oldest just can't get enough of her. He wants to feed and hold her all the time. He even gives her her pacifier and will say shh if she is crying. It's the most adorable thing to see a 2 year old do!
It sounds like you have been very busy over there! That's what summer is all about. Have loads of fun on your camping trip and vacation!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2018 :  05:59:31 AM  Show Profile
I forgot you had 2 little guys. I apologize. That's so great that they love her so much. Little kids are so cute with their baby siblings! Your kids must all be pretty close in age. You sound like you have your hands full! I'm sure it's a lot of fun though. :)

Erin
Sister #3762
Farmgirl of the Month ~ March 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  4:09:11 PM  Show Profile
No worries! It's hard to keep up with me lol! Every day they amaze me with how much love they have for each other, but then again they remind me how much sibling rivalry there is! Yes my kids are very close in age. My oldest is 2 (31 months), the middle is 1 ( 20 months), and my baby is 12 weeks! Life is definitely super crazy busy, but I love every minute of it and wouldn't change it.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2018 :  2:00:31 PM  Show Profile
Can you believe it's almost August? Where has the summer gone? Hope you all have been enjoying your summer and spending time with your families!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  1:12:23 PM  Show Profile
This group has been quite for some time. How is everyone doing? Anything new going on? Are you getting excited for all the holidays coming up? Hope to hear from you all soon!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2019 :  12:40:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey all! Hope you are all doing well. Hopefully we can get this group chat up and going again. I miss chatting with you all. Many hugs!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2019 :  08:02:28 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, all! How are things in your part of the world? It is a very chilly 28 degrees here, and I am ready for spring to come and this winter mess to be over with. It is going to freeze hard tonight and tomorrow night so that means a bad peach year for East Texas. :( My one lonely peach tree is in bloom already. Blah.

Just sitting at work, drinking my fake coffee and trying to keep my fingers warm. :)

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2019 :  1:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Good morning Amanda! We are have some indecisive weather here, but that is very typical for Utah. One minute it's nice outside and my windows are opened then the next it's snowing. As of right now it's cloudy but warmer. I do have my kitchen window open today. I'm sorry to hear about your peach tree. That's a bummer. What is fake coffee? Lol not sure if I'm out of the loop.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2021 :  4:19:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi there fellow farmchicks! I'm sorry that I have overlooked this post previously. I indeed fall into the under 49s category and it's nice to see other young farmgirls out there too. I actually celebrated the big 40 this year and I'm totally fine about it. I feel as energetic as ever!

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2021 :  2:21:49 PM  Show Profile
This post has been dormant for awhile. It’s nice to see it pop up again! I hope to get some chats going again! Thanks Cindy.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2994 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2994 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  08:50:39 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure how I missed this topic, but I have a few years left to be here LOL! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all many blessings in the new year!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  12:36:46 PM  Show Profile
Happy to have you join us Heather! I hope you had a great Christmas as well and a wonderful New Year.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2023 :  3:15:33 PM  Show Profile
This thread has been inactive for a long time now. I miss chatting with all of you. Hopefully things are going good and I can hear from you all again soon. Anything new going on?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2023 :  10:27:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Krista! Yes, it's been a WHILE, hasn't it? I need to make it a daily "thing" to check on my Farmgirl forum. I am in the habit of checking 3 sites everyday: Facebook, news, and the weather. YUCK to the first two. Much rather would be here! But it's hard to navigate this forum on a phone. Still, I miss it here.

Lots of storms around lately; we got a really good one last Friday. Winds were probably about 50mph at one point and swirling all over. WHat a mess it left. We're lucky, though. Not much damage.

Just been moving transplants into the garden this week. Last week was livestock show week for my daughter and it was something else. I guess I'll leave it at that to be nice.

How are you?

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2023 :  1:44:37 PM  Show Profile
Amanda, I still technically have a Facebook account but I removed it from my phone and since then I have personally felt better. It's actually nice not hearing about everything unimportant going on around me lol! I think it can actually be a toxic place. I hope you will be able to swing by more often. I am sorry to hear about your wind. We have had bad wind like that in the past and it's pretty scary not knowing all the things it's going to damage. Our weather has been pretty off. We are still getting snow and having cold temps. I am really ready for spring but it's taking its time to show up. This time last year I already had my cold crop planted. I haven't even entered my garden yet this year. That is a bummer that the livestock show wasn't what it should have been. Hopefully your next one will be better.

Things have been going well for me. I have been working on updating my food storage and also trying out some new bread recipes. I have also been trying to finish some UFO's and work on some badges along the way. Just trying to stay busy on the inside while I wait for this winter to pass.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2023 :  10:53:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies - thanks for reigniting this topic again Krista! Interesting discussion about facebook. Believe it or not, I have never joined facebook. Initially, I thought I was missing out on "news" if I didn't join, but the longer I have been without it, the more grateful I am that I never joined. It seems like such a time-consuming task to be constantly keeping up with posts. I have enough trouble keeping up with emails, the MaryJane forum, and good old-fashioned letter writing. My friends know that I am not on facebook, so they are mindful to contact me via email, text, or face-to-face which has become a little more challenging now for my overseas friends. I have been learning more about face-timing which is so nice to "see" each other and speak face-to-face. Let's endeavour to get back to meaningful forms of communication.

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2023 :  2:40:13 PM  Show Profile
Very much agreed, Cindy. And honestly I think those meaningful forms of communication are more authentic than Facebook. Anyone can pretend to care or be your friend on Facebook, but only those that truly care will communicate with you differently. It's so sad to see how our world now thrives more on how many "likes" they receive rather than how many true friendships they have developed. That is one of the reasons I love it so much here at MaryJanes Farm. We all strive for authenticity. My husband travels a lot for his job and we video chat with each other every night. It makes such a big difference in our communication. Video chatting is one of the technologies that I am really grateful that has been developed.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend full of sunshine and beautiful spring weather!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Gathered Up: Previous Topic 49 and under Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page