Join in ... sign up

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Jubilee Annual Celebration
 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!
 Farmgirl Jubilee 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 11

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  5:43:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Betty, that sounds great, a real personal Farmgirl statement!

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  11:16:01 AM  Show Profile
Karla, Your little duck house is super cute! Love it and what a great way to tell people about the Farm Girl Jubilee!
I really like the colors you used.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  11:54:49 AM  Show Profile
Cook out, campout here we come! Looks like our weather's going to cooperate.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  4:14:41 PM  Show Profile
Our weather is looking grand too! Farmgirl coffee house, junk swap, firing range, apron fashion show, salad supper, Farmgirl bingo, tea party and croquet all on the docket for this weekend! Super excited!!! Can't wait!!!!

Farmgirl Hugs!

~April
River Valley Farmgirls
Chapter Leader

~Playing in the Sonshine~
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  4:50:59 PM  Show Profile
Yep, the nice weather is popping up all over the USA...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6816 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6816 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  07:28:20 AM  Show Profile
I started summer & winter savory from seed in celebration of the Jubilee. Happy to report both are growing and enjoying the sunshine today.

Hope to get their special tin can Jubilee labels made by the weekend. When they are made I will have earned another merit badge. Just love how things piggy-back on each other to earn merit badges.

Have a blessed day, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  2:02:30 PM  Show Profile
Getting super excited for the weekend. Looking forward to the camp fire, sizzling some hobo dinners, and roasting some marshmallows! Hubby picked up bocce ball and we are going to attempt to learn. I washed my favorite apron and I'm hanging a banner. Excited to celebrate being a farmgirl!!

And I can't wait to meet Winnie next week!!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  2:07:51 PM  Show Profile
We're celebrating at April's house. I'm excited for us all everywhere.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Dare2BUniquelyMe
Sharpshooter / Chapter Guru

143 Posts

Sherrilyn
Lake Tapps Washington
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  3:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Dare2BUniquelyMe an AOL message
I am so excited I can hardly focus on my job-job (the one you do to pay the bills). We are making necklaces, and soap, and rope, and we are eating pot-luck lunch. It will be soooo much fun. I have to remember to download all my daughters videos so I can use my camera too. YEEHAW!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  5:58:26 PM  Show Profile
Well spring is hitting my end of Vermont, that is the good news. The bad news is that I came down with a stomach bug on Tuesday and was out of work for 2 days and not able to work on my flag. But I am on the mend today so I will try to get it done tomorrow after work. So that I can have it out for Saturday which it is also Green up day here in Vermont where we pick up trash, and people can come to my place to pick up green up bags to put the trash in. I want my flag to be out for folks to see.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - May 01 2015 :  08:28:00 AM  Show Profile
Enjoy all of your planned celebrations everyone!! Jubilee Weekend is finally here!!!

Meg, I am looking forward to meeting you too next week along with everyone else on the Home Team!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 01 2015 :  2:21:11 PM  Show Profile
Happy
Jubilee to all!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
325 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  04:00:35 AM  Show Profile
Happy Jubilee to everyone. I stayed up late and my little yard flag is almost done, just need to add a few more things so I can put it out today. Looks like the weather is going to be nice too. I am so excited by the sunshine I am almost giddy! It has been a long gray winter, so this Jubilee and the sunshine are a welcome sight! I'll check back later and see what folks are doing.
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  05:15:06 AM  Show Profile
The weather is finally cooperating in our neck of the woods as well! Birds are singing like crazy and it almost sounds like one cardinal is saying "Happy Happy Happy Jubilee Lee Lee." I started the day with a little quiet time to count my blessings, now I'm getting to work outside. Which is, of course, like going out to play! Happy Jubilee to all, can't wait to hear about all the celebrations!

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  06:22:06 AM  Show Profile
Happy Jubilee, and welcome to Britian's new little princess. I have a drawing/give away going. I will mail a Glamping Tea Towel and a Glamping Mug Rug to someone on March 6th. That is Wednesday. If you are interested in getting your name in the pot, go to "send it", where you will also see more fun give always to enter.

TexasGran
Go to Top of Page

Dare2BUniquelyMe

143 Posts

Sherrilyn
Lake Tapps Washington
USA
143 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  08:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Dare2BUniquelyMe an AOL message
The car is packed with supplies, the chickens are loose, the dogs are fed and watered, and I am nearly ready to go. Just have to stop by the grocery store for a new thermometer (mine hit the floor and exploded). Happyyyyyyy Jubileeeeeeee Dayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  08:28:26 AM  Show Profile
Happy Jubilee!!!!!!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  2:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Meg,
Sounds like you guys are going on a grand Jubilee adventure! ENJOY!!
HAPPY JUBILEE!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
325 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  3:57:51 PM  Show Profile
My Jubilee flag got done in time and has been outside in the sunshine all day! I even made a cherry pie in honor of Maryjane it was the first time I made a cherry pie ever. I wore my apron all day except when I went to green up. I am even lucky enough to be getting a pair of hiking boots sent to me. It has been a fun day and I look forward to more of it tomorrow. With May came our, spring weather, and our Jubilee. I have taken a few pictures so now I have to figure out how to get them from the camera to the computer to here.
Go to Top of Page

TheKnittingFarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Abi
Port Lavaca TX
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  2:39:12 PM  Show Profile
Is it too late to post ideas and earn the Jubilee badge?

Knit On,
Abi
Farmgirl #6692
Go to Top of Page

Dare2BUniquelyMe

143 Posts

Sherrilyn
Lake Tapps Washington
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  3:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Dare2BUniquelyMe an AOL message
I should hope not. I would think that we are going to have another Jubilee this upcoming year and some very foresighted farmgirls are already swirling ideas around their pretty and practical brains.

In other words, "Bring it on Sista'!" New ideas are always welcome. :)

Sherri
Sister #1350
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  4:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I'm pretty sure the Jubilee is going to be an annual event and I'm also pretty sure gals are making plans for 2016. I'm also pretty sure that you can work on earning the badge . . . go for it!

CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  04:55:45 AM  Show Profile
Yep....I'm planning for next year!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  07:08:06 AM  Show Profile
This year I decided I would post a post a chocolate cake recipe from the 1943 Betty Corker Wartime Cookbook for a Jubilee suggestion. Here is the recipe for Eggless chocolate . Melt 3 Tbsp shortening, blend in 1 cup sugar and 6 tsp cocoa. Sift together 1 1/2 cups flour with 1 tsp soda and 1 tsp salt. Add to cocoa mixture and then stir in 1 cup buttermilk . Pour into 8" greased pan and bake about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Easy Peasy!!

Here is some neat information. If you were short on sugar for the week's current ration, you can substitute the sugar measurements from 1 cup to 1/2 cup sugar minus 2 Tblsp of your buttermilk to get the same results. There is an entire page dedicated in this book about what to do when your rations were not enough of any the recipe. Substitution and creativity were imperative to the cook at home to make due with what was available. Great information to still know and use, I think!

At the end of the book, the last part reads the following: "This booklet brings to the American home-maker practical knowledge of how to solve these war-time problems. At the end of the day, let us be sure we can say:

I worked for freedom today.
I served at least one food from each of the seven basic good groups.
I prepared the food I served with care.
I wasted no food this day."

I loved this small paperback book from WWII that I found on Amazon for cheap. The last part here also reminds me that these daily goals are still relevant in 2016 and sum up many of the values of FarmGirl cooking that we share here at our MJF. I thought this recipe would be an easy one to make and perfect for the upcoming Summer family picnics and gatherings as well. Served with love and pride! I'm thinking this cake would be awesome served warm with vanilla ice cream and maybe a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top or maybe some chopped nuts?

How else do you see this idea being used for Jubilee? It would make a fun treat for afternoon tea cut in squares and dusted with powdered sugar. Other ideas or recipes to share here for 2016?

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  07:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Winnie. Sounds delicious!

I think I will make several smaller cakes from the recipe and give them out to my neighbor and family for the Jubilee.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page