jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2018 :  07:16:05 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope your day is going great. It is supposed to be 75 degrees here today, PERFECT!!!! Love this Florida weather. Have a wonderful day.

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2018 :  4:22:02 PM  Show Profile
Well I was cooking dinner. I was hampered by the intrusions of Lowell questioning everything I did and every ingredient I included. Then my glass pan exploded when I was making gravy. I was done at that point I was done. I really hate this family get together especially since it is HIS family not mine. I'm not doing this again. I want to go home to mommy and daddy. I am drunk right now.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2018 :  08:57:59 AM  Show Profile
Marie---I don't usually read this as I am so far behind in the conversation. I'm sorry but I laughed so hard at your gravy pan exploding that I almost peed my pants---LOL> I think so many of us have horrible family holidays. I used to cook all the meals and everyone would come and make trouble and be mean. They are all dead and gone and I no longer speak to my sister for putting things on Facebook about me---and don't you know I kinda miss it all and the drama too. Life without family do get lonely---even if we weren't The Brady Bunch.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2018 :  1:22:43 PM  Show Profile
I make the meal as a kind of gift. I have done this for many years. Once when we were at Lowell's daughter's place, I had to cook and she didn't even help. She said she was too scared. At least I try. That pan was a glass baking pan and my favorite. It shattered while I was making gravy in it. In retrospect, using it was a bad idea. I used the pan to warm up the rotisserie chicken and there were lovely drippings in it. Lowell is macrobiotic and objects to using cow milk. I maintain that cow milk is just the perfect ingredient for so many things I love. I do not bake with non-dairy milks because I am unsure of the chemical reactions. Baking is very tricky sometimes. Lowell just would not leave me alone and delayed me with questions and remarks. When his daughter came, she kept telling me to "Stop! Stop!" when I was asking Lowell to leave the kitchen. When the pan shattered, I just left the apartment. I ended up eating the rest of the dinner rolls, a piece of pie and too much wine. I guess I was "that" relative. I couldn't even retreat to the bedroom because Lowell said I was being unsociable by not being present. How I needed to just lie down and be calm. I was so tired from standing making food for several hours. I just can't do this again with this crowd. I am angry and want to believe that I won't go to another holiday celebration with them. To be honest, I would be okay if I were not even invited. However, I probably will go and even offer to help.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2018 :  04:11:43 AM  Show Profile
Darlin', gravy in a jar is good enough for this crowd. Save your gift of cooking for one dish, and do everything else easy. We had Bob Evans mashed potatoes (my bro-in-law bragged how he peeled them!) Stovetop stuffing and roasted veggies. Also too many desserts to eat.
I'm sorry about your pan - was it a Pyrex? Let me know the size and I'll keep my eyes open for one.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2018 :  08:16:19 AM  Show Profile
It was a large, rectangle baking pan about (15 X 10). It was clear glass and yes, a Pyrex. Don't worry about it, my dearest sister. I behaved very badly that day and I do not want to be rewarded for it. It is interesting that some FB friends gave me a thumbs up for this.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2019 :  4:50:44 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year!!!! Hope this year brings health, wealth and happiness throughout the year. We have had beautiful weather here lately. 80 degrees here today. A great way to start the new year. I am enjoying it.

We put our Christmas decorations away today, now it looks so bare in here, even though we did not go overboard with the decorating this year.

Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2019 :  4:42:43 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,
Hope everyone had a good holiday season. Time seems to be just flying by so fast. The weeks zoom right on by. It has been pretty quiet on here lately.
It has been in the 80s here but a cool down is due tomorrow, high around 67. I will not mind that, because I am in the middle of painting our Florida room. Got the ceiling done today. It is so white now, looks new. The lady that lived here before smoked in there and the walls and ceiling are brown from tobacco. It will look so nice once I finish. Then we need new furniture in there.
Hope all is well with all of you. My daughter is just getting over the flu. She is in Michigan and said it is very widespread there right now. So far, so good here. Bob and I both got flu shots in October, so hopefully we are safe from that. Hopefully no colds either this year?
Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  06:03:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh guys my heart is broken. Discovered my only surviving brother dead yesterday. Cannot stop shaking or crying. I know I haven't been here much lately but I need all the prayers and good thoughts I can get. Thanks
Janie
Farmgirl 390
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  06:26:17 AM  Show Profile
Janiee, I am so very sorry. I know that was a devastating thing. Keeping you in prayer.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  09:55:51 AM  Show Profile
I will be thinking about you Janiee. Take care of yourself and come back when you are able.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  2:56:47 PM  Show Profile
Janie, I'll be praying for you.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

The world is so full of a number of things I think we should all be as happy as kings. Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  5:13:10 PM  Show Profile
Janiee, I am so sorry for your loss. If I remember right, you lost a brother a few years back hit by a car? I really feel for you. Sending hugs and prayers. Know that we are here for you.

Marie, Did you get a lot of snow yesterday? Back in Michigan they got 8 inches. All the schools were closed. Here it is in the high 70s, but another cool down in a couple of days.

I have been very busy painting our lanai (sun room) That is quite a job. Most of it has to be done with a brush,2 coats. One more wall left to put on the 2nd coat, hen I am done painting. Shampooed the carpet, new drapes. It looks like a brand new room!!!! What a difference paint can make. I have been working in it since Thursday. Tomorrow I am taking the da off. We are going to Sea World for a little get away. We are only 30 miles from there. We will get a yearly pass again, that way we can go whenever we want for a year. We like it there, it is not as busy as Disney.

Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  9:36:09 PM  Show Profile
We have no snow. Just bitter cold.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  08:23:24 AM  Show Profile
My heart is broken with you Janie, I am so very sorry hon. Praying for comfort and peace for you. I know our Father in heaven is grieving your loss and heartache also. Huge hugs....

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  08:26:32 AM  Show Profile
Jan, it's been pretty mild weather here as well. Southern Al. I've been outside prepping my garden and cleaning out brush. I think a cold front might be coming through so I'll catch up on indoor activities, like painting g the foyer! Always something to keep us busy!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  08:33:17 AM  Show Profile
Janiee,
Sorry to read about your loss. I will be praying for you.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  6:44:56 PM  Show Profile
We are expecting snow all day Saturday and possibly Sunday. After I get paid tomorrow, I'll be stocking up on basic survival supplies: chocolate, .....um...I can't think of anything else!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

The world is so full of a number of things I think we should all be as happy as kings. Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2019 :  10:13:32 AM  Show Profile
Good for you! Start with what is most important!

I just signed up for two classes at the First Unitarian Universalist church of which I am a member: Chi-Gung (meditative exercise) and Weekly Meditation Group. The theme here is healthy mind and body. I need to do more to settle my turbulent mind and start to move and stretch my body. I am so glad these classes are free.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2019 :  7:05:53 PM  Show Profile
This morning at 7:11 am there was a 2.0 earthquake nearby in Northern KY. Unfortunately I was asleep and it was mild.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2019 :  06:25:43 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa, sorry you missed the earthquake, but glad you didn't get any damage.
How are the classes going Marie? I hope you are starting to feel better.
I have been packing. We are moving ourselves to Virginia (it just ended up being the easiest, least expensive way). Not sure when we'll actually be moved in. The weather is causing problems. I'm not driving through the mountains of West Virginia in the snow with a 16' trailer. It will be done when it is.
Hope everyone is well and keeping warm.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2019 :  8:26:37 PM  Show Profile
Karin.. safe travels when you finally hit the road for your move.

Marie,,,, family get togethers are always 'interesting'....

Janie, my heart goes out to you..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2019 :  4:12:12 PM  Show Profile
Haven't been on this thread in ages. Janiee just wanted to let you know I am so sorry and I am keeping you in prayer.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2019 :  12:21:41 AM  Show Profile
Today in Minneapolis MN: Air Temp: -17 F With Wind Chill: -48 F. I will not leave the apartment until Friday.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2019 :  07:10:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marie! Better stay bundled up. I would be hunkered down with a quilt, a book and hot drinks!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page