craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  05:37:58 AM  Show Profile
It's been raining here for two days and has knocked a lot of the leaves off the trees. Things are looking pretty messy.
Vanessa, congratulations on the job. I hope you have fun with it.
Marie, I am sorry to hear about Lowell's father. Glad he is getting to spend some time with him.
Haven't heard from anyone else in awhile. Hope everyone is well.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  6:17:39 PM  Show Profile
I have to admit that I had trepidation about working again, but the 3 ladies at the newspaper are really nice and will help me ease into the tasks I will eventually do. Today I did an article about renaming a cemetery with WWI and Civil war soldiers, some obits, and court cases (mostly speeding). I also saw how the articles are initially positioned on pages to get an idea of spacing, then are cut & pasted electronically on a program. Plus elections!
Hope everyone had a chance to vote!

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  2:38:11 PM  Show Profile
It has snowed here. It is just a dusting and will probably be gone when the temperature rises.

I worked the elections last night. We had 1767 in-person voters. We registered about 250. The precinct I worked initially had 2939 total registered voters. Minnesota has one of the highest voter participation rate in the country.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  6:46:33 PM  Show Profile
Darn cold tonight. I feel sorry for folks who don't sleep with dogs.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2018 :  10:05:04 AM  Show Profile
The apartment is cold again. My poor nose is running. Lowell turned the radiators off because they were over heating our place and now that they are turned up, they are not on. Such is the life of our apartment - it's either too hot or too cold in here. Snow is on the way today and it will probably hit during rush hour. I am so glad I am not working.

We will be going to Florida next week to visit Lowell's father and celebrate his 92nd birthday. It will be his last birthday, probably, because he has stage 3 and possibly stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I will have to take good care of Lowell. His brother has decided to move there temporarily to watch over his dad and take him to appointments. Until now, Lowell's dad's second wife's adult children have been taking him around. They really need a break.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2018 :  2:08:26 PM  Show Profile
Do you think it is worth repairing these boots? Me neither.
Gas is cheap in our town!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2018 :  05:33:33 AM  Show Profile
Had a lovely Thanksgiving with our DS and his family. Vanessa, when we drive Back and forth to Virginia from Indiana we always fill up in Ky. Your prices and Va's are always more reasonable.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2018 :  4:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Now our gas is $2.05!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2018 :  10:02:14 PM  Show Profile
Lowell's (DH) dad died on December 1. He had pancreatic cancer. We had gone down to Florida to celebrate his 92nd birthday. I guess he had been determined to make it that far along because he declined rapidly after that. It hurt Lowell and his brother to see him so weak and full of pain. He ended the way he wished to.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2018 :  04:57:33 AM  Show Profile
Marie, I am so sorry for your and Lowell's loss. Glad he was able to visit with him one more time.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2018 :  3:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Marie, so sorry for your loss. Good that you got to see him before he passed. I am sure he was happy about that and can now rest in peace. My nephew died 2 weeks ago, he just keeled over at age 55. He still has a 14 and 16 yo at home. Today would have been his and wife's 20th anniversary. So sad. That was my oldest sister's oldest, and only son. She is going through a lot right now, brother in law has lung cancer and it is inoperable. He started chemo today. Bob's sister just passed on Sunday. She was 82 and has been sickly for quite some time now.

I have been so busy with the market here selling my crafts, knitting and crochet. We had the big Christmas sale a couple weeks ago, sold a lot of hats. Who would think hats would sell in Florida, but they do. There are 2 more shows before Christmas, this Saturday and next Saturday. We are hoping to do well.

Our gas here right now is $2.07. Hope it stays low for awhile.

I had cataract surgery on both my eyes. I do not need glasses to see far now, but now I need readers, so I am constantly taking them on and off. Cannot see prices in the stores even. I do not like that. So now I have 4 pairs of glasses so I have them handy when I need them.

It was 90 degrees yesterday. Tomorrow is only supposed to be 62. Then 42 tomorrow night. Warm up a few days, then cold again. I do not like wearing long pants. Seems weird with them.

We had Thanksgiving for just the 2 of us. Had a 22# turkey, the smallest one we could find. I made some tv dinners for the freezer. We have 4 more turkeys in the freezer for the year, since you can only get them on sale before Thanksgiving. We like turkey.

Hope all are well and getting ready for Christmas. Marie, do you have a lot of snow on the ground? I do not miss that cold weather and snow.

Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2018 :  05:51:26 AM  Show Profile
I know the eye glass shuffling thing. I put them down, can't find them, then spend as much time finding them as I need to finish the task I need them for. I usually put them on my face to store them or carry them. I still need the correction.

Thank you for the condolences. Lowell has been a bit crabby lately.

We have a couple inches which is packed down on the walks making walking a bit tricky. I believe that falling this year will break something so I am extra careful.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Dec 05 2018 05:53:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2018 :  10:57:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Ladies,

Do you remember me? It's been a long time, maybe two years, since I was here last.

So much has happened since then, and I won't bore you with all the details, but the highlights are:

I got married, after nine years being together.

We have a new granddaughter, born this year. (For a total of four granddaughters, and the cowboy has one granddaughter and one grandson.)

We moved.

The cowboy is now semi-retired.

Went to Norway in September with my sister.

That's a couple of years in a nutshell.

PS... Is Holly still here? Thank you for the beautiful Christmas cards each year...

~Ann~

Edited by - bramblerose on Dec 05 2018 10:58:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2018 :  3:33:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Ann. I do remember you. Congratulations on marriage and grandbaby.

Marie, yes, be careful going out on that ice and snow. It does not take much to break bones as we age. Takes longer to heal also. Are you working now? Hope Lowell gets in a better mood soon for your sake. What have you been working on lately?

Today it was only in the lower 60s. Supposed to get to 39 tonight. At least it is above freezing. I just picked 2 more giant lemons off my tree. They look more like grapefruits. That is 6 giants off this small potted tree so far. We do have a huge orange tree in back that are ready now. I need to get out there and get as many as I can reach.

Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2018 :  3:38:15 PM  Show Profile
Marie, give Lowell my sympathy for the loss of his father.
Bramblerose, you packed a lot of living in 2 years! Welcome back!
My sweetie Fang got tired of our little dog wetting the carpet so on black Friday (of all days) we went to Lumber Liquidators and ordered flooring that matched the kitchen. Then Fang said why don't we do the whole house? And he ordered more flooring. Then our handyman was available earlier than we thought and he began laying the bamboo boards. So now the living room is mostly covered with new floor. I told Fang that I wouldn't lay it because I have a job, and I stuck to it. Anyway see the pictures on A Farm of My Own. My dogs go down to my mother in law's apartment in the basement and I think they like her better than me!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2018 :  4:00:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm working on Christmas swap stuff. I have a stocking to do for the stocking swap. I finished my dishcloth for the dishcloth swap. I am also considering doing some embroidery for a bookmark. I could have this stuff finished but I get distracted by other stuff.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2018 :  06:25:34 AM  Show Profile
I do remember you Ann. Glad to see you back. It sounds like lots of wonderful things have been happening. We haven't heard from Holly in awhile. I miss hearing about the farm.
Vanessa, the floors are looking great. We had bamboo on out home in Texas and I loved them.
Marie, I hope Lowell is starting to feel a bit better. Please be careful when you are out and about.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2018 :  07:42:39 AM  Show Profile
I really enjoy this forum, ladies .... doesn't seem to be a whole lot of drama. Seems cozy and caring.

We've been in our new place for just over a year. Just three acres, and we just have our three horses. It's taking a bit of getting used to, not having 3500 cows and their calves to care for. Our days aren't so hectic, though we find plenty to keep busy. We are closer to our families now.

Today we have a birthday dinner at the cowboy's mother's place... two uncles and one aunt have December birthdays. (Plus two sisters and a brother-in-law, but they are away right now.)
Tomorrow, the cowboy's daughter, her husband, and two children will be here for lunch, on their way to a hockey tournament about two hours south of us.
Saturday, I have a table at the Christmas Market, selling my baby quilts and quilted table runners.
Sunday, we'll head down to watch the grandson in one of his hockey games....

Then it starts all over again...
Another birthday party next Saturday, for the three year old granddaughter...

But it's all good.... we love it.

I enjoyed Holly, too.

~Ann~

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2018 :  4:09:26 PM  Show Profile
Today we had rain, but did not mind. We needed it. We don't get much rain this time of the year. I think we are done mowing the grass for a little while now. It is finally into the dormant stage. We need to get the oranges picked. The tree is pretty large, we will not be able to pick the top ones.

Ann, you have a busy schedule but bet it is not as hectic as with all the cows you used to have.

I talked to my daughter and she said it was 10 degrees there today in Michigan. They have some snow on the ground, but not too much yet. Looks like they may be in for a long cold winter. Glad we are not there anymore. I cannot take the cold any more.

Today is Bob's birthday so we went out to eat at a steak place. Ate too much, but it was good. No matter where you go around here, it is busy. You sure can tell the snowbirds are back. Lots of traffic and crazy drivers. We usually do our grocery shopping early in the morning before it gets too busy. Even then the parking lots are filling up. t is quiet and a slower pace here come April or May. The population is about 1/3 then.

Hope all are well. Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2018 :  4:37:57 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone heard from Holly? I haven't seen her message's since August.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Dec 09 2018 4:40:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2018 :  5:21:36 PM  Show Profile
Fang and I were visiting our CASA kids at their foster home today, then our daughter Carol in FL called crying. She had tripped over her dog's leash and broke her left wrist. Surgery is tomorrow. We contacted local family who visited her in the hospital and took in her dog. It is difficult for us to be so far away, we want to be there for her even though she is 30 years old.
Then when we got home Fang had a spurt of Testosterone and began pulling the carpet out of my craft room. Of course I had to help him. Now everything is jumbled up. I did find a package of material from Japan that hasn't been opened so I think it will feature in my Color Swap items.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2018 :  3:26:33 PM  Show Profile
More sad news from my daughter Carol. Her beloved French bulldog drowned in a swimming pool. We are heart broken, he was a loving dog.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2018 :  4:15:09 PM  Show Profile
Holly is okay. She says she is super busy with the kids.

That is sad Ness.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2018 :  5:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Recieved my card. Thank you for remembering me, holly. Only card I got. Been super busy with brother. He had hernia surgery in June and the week after thanksgiving he fell at work and broke his wrist. Had surgery on it last Wednesday and been having a lot of pain with it. Sister is sick in Oklahoma so this Christmas I will be by myself but that is ok.
Marie, I am so sorry about Lowell dad. Its hard to lose family at any time. Haven't caught up but I do look in from time to time. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday
Yankee
Farmgirl 390
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2018 :  05:42:39 AM  Show Profile
Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with blessings! Hope you all have a lovely day surrounded by loved ones and dear friends.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page