craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2018 :  05:44:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Kathryn! Looking forward to hearing from you.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2018 :  2:21:54 PM  Show Profile
I was busy today! My son is visiting us from Florida. We took my mother-in-law to the grocery store. After lunch I parboiled and froze 4 yellow squash, then skinned and froze a dozen tomatoes. Now it is raining and I'm sitting on the porch with a small glass of my Hair of the Cat Pinot Noir.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2018 :  7:33:24 PM  Show Profile
I've had 5 job interviews this week. One of them seemed as if they would hire me on the spot. I have a final interview with a CEO next week for a part-time job I really want. I am hopeful.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2018 :  8:05:46 PM  Show Profile
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Marie.
It's been raining a lot here; pretty much all week, in fact. We have been dry for a couple weeks, so the rain is good. I'm just glad that I have four wheel drive. #128512;

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  2:46:08 PM  Show Profile
We are getting what's left of Gordon, and will probably get some of Florence when she comes ashore. It is gray & dreary, plus I got my eyes dilated at the eye doctor's. Then I had a 2 hour nap with my pets.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2018 :  07:18:37 AM  Show Profile
Was remembering this morning what I was doing on that horrible morning 17 years ago. It's hard to believe so much time has passed.
Marie, have you heard back about any of the jobs? Hoping you get the one you want.
It rained here for several days, but today we are finally seeing the sun again. The temps are lower and it feels so nice outside.
I have been spinning and knitting, and yesterday started one of the grand's cross stitch Christmas ornaments. The holidays are approaching way too fast.
Hope everyone is well and has a great day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2018 :  07:35:50 AM  Show Profile
I was rejected from one. That's okay because I didn't really like it anyway.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Eliz~
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Elizabeth
Saint Cloud MN
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2018 :  8:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Eliz~ a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone! Just thought I'd join in since I'm well over 50! :o)
We are having Indian summer today/tonight and possibly the rest of this week.(only the Lord knows) Two nights ago I had my electric blanket on, and tonight its 72 at 10:45 p.m. ........weather! :o)

Joyfully, Eliz~
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2018 :  09:52:25 AM  Show Profile

Beautiful day! Goin' up the country on a Gold Wing bike gang dinner ride.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2018 :  06:03:40 AM  Show Profile
It's beginning to look like fall here. 56 this morning and lovely.
We went to DH's high school reunion Saturday and then spent a couple of days at one of the state parks. They had a float plane fly in while we were there with lots of beautiful old aircraft. Did a lot of hiking and ate too much good food. Then on the way home we stopped in Amish country and went to the flea market and the quilt and grocery stores. All in all a fun few days. Now it's time to get back to work. Hope everyone is doing well.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2018 :  06:38:15 AM  Show Profile

This is my one concession to being an adult. I don't drink coffee, except for this brand, and I add milk and ice.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2018 :  09:48:16 AM  Show Profile
That looks yummy. When I was in 4th grade my mom tried to get me to drink coffee but I put so much cream in it that it really wasn't coffee anymore. I had to drink coffee as part of a diet I had to eat during a clinical trial. Same thing just to get it down.

I made some home made deodorant yesterday from a recipe on this site.

I've been looking for a decent deodorant for a while. I hope this is better.

I'm not feeling very well. Depression has overcome me. The days have been cold and dark. I have not found many jobs worth applying for or that I am afraid to apply for. The job at which I had two interviews was not offered to me. I now sit here playing Throne: Kingdom at War online, listening to the radio. I should be finishing the dishcloth I am working on for a swap and I just cannot pick it up. I will force myself to do that in about an hour. I have started taking care of myself again after a few days of not. I should be okay.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Oct 04 2018 10:04:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2018 :  10:25:27 AM  Show Profile
Just visited the KY Wool Fest in Falmouth. I was hoping for cool weather, but the fog lifted & it is sweltering. Lots of vendors, especially the wool and alpaca yarn vendors. Skeins going for $25-$34.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

fox
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Joanne
CA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2018 :  6:48:18 PM  Show Profile
Hope you found some beautiful skeins. Last weekend I went to Lambtown to a fiber festival in Dixon, CA. Loved watching the fleeces being graded by a wonderful judge that really explained what he was looking for and how he judged. Bought a beautiful fleece and lots of roving to spin. Going to be busy for awhile.

Farmgirl sister #7732
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2018 :  05:00:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the >50 page. We can be feisty sometimes.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2018 :  05:33:42 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Joanne! Hope to hear more from you.

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2018 :  05:38:58 AM  Show Profile
Ok, my computer posted before I was done!
It's 54 this morning, think maybe fall is finally coming. I'm getting ready to go to DS's house and take care of my sweeties while he and his wife go to NYC for her medical conference. Can't wait to see them all. I'll also be looking at houses. Everything is selling quickly where he lives, so finding something isn't going to be easy.
I love going to fiber festivals. They have quite a few of them in Indiana every year.
Hope everyone is well and has a great day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2018 :  11:38:40 AM  Show Profile
Ohhhhhh! I am SO upset! I am usually a calm laid back person, but now my nerves are quivering!
A while ago I got a bill from the NY transit authority for a toll. It wasn't my car, I wasn't in NY, so I checked "wasn't me". Today I got another bill, with late charges $10 total. I filled the form out again and included a note, but how can I prove a negative? What's worse, how did my name get attached to this car? All the cars we've had were in both my husband's and my names. Even when we're on vacation Fang insists on driving, and I'm the navigator.
On the more gruesome side, Shrek, our mighty hunter cat, killed a small mouse and left it in pieces outside the front door. Good kitty.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2018 :  11:46:00 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for letting me vent. I'm going to watch Mystery Science Theater 3000, and quilt.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2018 :  05:21:52 AM  Show Profile
Got back home last night after spending the week with my sweeties. We had lots of fun. Did plenty of baking. I looked at several houses, but nothing was quite right. Will keep looking.
Vanessa, I hope the bill thing gets straightened out quickly. I know how frustrating it is. As far as they are concerned they are always right.
It is definitely autumn here. We brought in all the plants before I left. There have been several freezes and everything outside is done. The colors are showing up pretty quickly now.
Miss hearing from everyone. Hope you are all well.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2018 :  11:42:10 AM  Show Profile
All I can say, Nes is to get the documentation together then get on the phone and raise hell. If it is not solved, write a letter to the head of the organization billing you laying out your case and how it should be solved. Then send copies to both senators, your representatives and the regulatory agency which is responsible for their operations. I have gotten good responses from this method.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2018 :  05:54:59 AM  Show Profile
I've been on both the website and their phone system and there is no way to speak to a live human. What is the worst that could happen, ban me from driving in New York?

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  08:42:10 AM  Show Profile
Great news! I got a job at Bracken County News, our local newspaper. This is truly an Act of God, because this is a small county and positions like this aren't often available. I begin Monday. Then on the way home I had to take another route due to a fallen branch.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  08:46:41 AM  Show Profile
We just learned that Lowell's father has pancreatic cancer. He, his brother and his daughter will be going down to Florida on Saturday to be there and make certain arrangements. I have to stay home with our elderly dog.

Congratulations Ness. You are copying our mother's career path.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Nov 01 2018 08:47:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  10:10:38 AM  Show Profile
How sad for Lowell and his family! Safe travels for them.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page