Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 408

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  07:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Marie--I don't know if you are far enough north, but do you ever see the northern lights? That is one sight I would love to see. It is colder here but still no snow. I seem to have caught a cold. I am concerned about the future and waiting to be approved for disability. So I am doing a lot of talking with God. All will be well.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

I'll be Thelma. You be Louise.

Caught somewhere between girl on fire and girl on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Choosy moms choose Prozac.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  10:27:03 AM  Show Profile
We have to go a little further north to see the Northern Lights. I have seen them from just south of the Canadian border in North Dakota.

Try to get a free lawyer to help you with your application process. I've done this and here are the steps:

1) Fill out the application online and print it out. Keep copies of everything!
2) Give them the names of all the doctors they ask for and make sure the doctors send the information in.
3) Go to the appointment for the consulting doctor. They will interview you. Just tell the truth.
4) When you are denied (and you will be), find that free lawyer and bring all your documentation to the appointment. Free lawyers are available to those who are on public assistance. You may have to ask around at some social service places to find one.
5) Keep copies of EVERYTHING no matter how insignificant it seems.

Good luck!

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Dec 15 2017 10:28:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  5:46:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Here in Vermont there is a lawyer referral service run by the Vermont Bar association. They help someone find the right kind of lawyer to help with a problem.

Sometimes the Northern lights can be seen from here. Inevitably when the weather guessers say the night will be great viewing we have cloud cover. I did see them spectacularly on night years ago when we were coming home late from a concert. The stars were brilliant and the sky had soaring spires of green light.

Today was a lovely frigid day. The sky was a clear winter blue. We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground. It is quite pretty. If we can't have pretty flowers or pretty leaves we should have pretty snow.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  6:07:44 PM  Show Profile
Earlier this week we had snow, but it melted off. The dogs snuffled around in it, but our little old lady dog turned up her nose at doing her business in it. It is supposed to be around 50 degrees tomorrow, but the weatherman predicts snow for Christmas.
I'm going to take a leaf from Phyllis Diller and name my DH Fang. I bought a banjo for Fang because he is bored. Fang took his first banjo lesson yesterday (we were told many retirees begin music lessons, so I guess I'm not the only frustrated wife). Well, its not keeping him busy enough. I feel like I have to be an activities director, and it takes me away from the things I like to do. I'm taking Fang to a flea market tomorrow. I like to take my time looking around, but he zooms through places like that.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2017 :  10:15:07 AM  Show Profile
It's funny your having a DH named Fang. For some reason, I think of Barnabas Collins. I always thought Quentin was the cute one. You need to get Fang playing in a band--that would keep him occupied.
I have already applied for disability. I brought 300 pages of documents to support it. I have a lawyer. He told me to apply for myself the first time, and if it gets denied, he would handle the appeal. It's just the waiting that bothers me. Also, I will probably soon lose my job because my dr. has said I can't go back to work. SO they don't have to keep me employed. That is why I am going to ask them about severance pay. I know other people who have been told they could no longer work and they got it. Of course, they probably won't mention it unless I ask about it. I've been there almost 25 years so it is a considerable amount.
I went to Urgent Care today because I am having some trouble breathing due to this cold. They gave me some prescriptions. I don't want it to morph into bronchitis. I got sick this time last year with a cold and was sick for four months. Never again.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Caught somewhere between girl on fire and girl on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2017 :  10:55:48 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon,

Years ago I bought a book for a woman whose husband had recently retired. The book said that what ever you do on the first day of retirement he will expect you to do everyday until he dies. Be careful Vanessa. I realize that he makes you crazy when he is bored but he is a big boy and able to decide for himself. Maybe he needs to join the Masons or Moose or Elk or VFW or some man's group or maybe he needs a part time job. You should try to do what you want and schedule time for the two of you to do things together and tell him what times he is responsible for entertaining himself. I wish Jan would type more she has a dh who is happy being a potato. Now that I have given you unsolicited advice from someone who does not have a dh nor a retired one you can chuckle and go on your merry way.

Temperatures are 15 degrees warmer than a few days ago burt still below freezing. The snow is falling lightly with a dense cloud cover.

Our neighbors dropped off their three chickens for us to take care of while they go to Belize for a month. We do this each winter for them when they go to warmer climates. They are very appreciative.

Have a good afternoon.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2017 :  1:18:18 PM  Show Profile
Holly, Fang doesn't like to join clubs. If it wasn't for me urging him he wouldn't have much social life. Luckily he is usually willing to go where I want. Today we drove to a flea market in Georgetown KY and found a set of 7 Bybee pink speckled plates, a nice crock, and he got a wind spinner shaped like a biplane. I told him that when spring comes we will be busier outside. Because we have vacations planned in spring & summer, Fang is unsure about getting a job. We take turns making lunch & dinner, so I'm not bogged down too much. We expect my daughter & mother-in-law & assorted dogs by next week.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2017 :  6:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa,

as long as you are happy. and I am glad to listen to you vent when you need too.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2017 :  09:27:41 AM  Show Profile
My dad fell yesterday and hit his head hard. He is OK but has a touch of pneumonia. Sadly, his personality seems to have changed overnight and he has gone downhill on the dementia scale. I have heard this can happen. Would appreciate prayers. I can't be around him too much because I am still recovering from this sinus infection. Very stressful. Alzheimers is terrible.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2017 :  7:03:00 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Alzheimer's is a nasty vicious disease. Our neurologist asked me several times how come my friend died so quickly? After her mother died of complications from dementia we agreed that very smart people can cover for their intellectual loses for a long time and then it hits. I guess that is what has happened to your Dad. He was able to cover his intellectual loss for a long time and now is no longer able to do that. Try to enjoy and bring him joy in any way you can. Imagine that he can understand that he has lost something and can not remember what he has lost and how frustrating that must be for him.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2017 :  3:06:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Cindy I am so sorry for you dad's accident and worsening of his condition. You are in my prayers for grace to take care of him. Maybe he would respond positively to pictures of past Christmases.
I also want to thank you for the egg carton. What a surprise! I love all the little treasures.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2017 :  1:35:44 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We have received about a foot of new snow since 9 this morning. it is so very pretty outside as the sun sets.

C stayed home today. She and the secretary decided yesterday that since they would be the only two people in the building today that they would develop eye trouble as in can't see through to work. I guess it was funny to them. So, she stayed home and put winter holiday presents in their draw string bags. She made great headway so there are only a couple of people left to do.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2017 :  4:03:58 PM  Show Profile

I must brag on my sweetie, my Fang.
I don't need to nag or harangue,
If I say, "want that chair"
Bazinga! He's there
And he pays with no sturm und no drang.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2017 :  2:16:14 PM  Show Profile
Good for you to have a good Fang around the house. Looks like you are getting the homestead put together to your liking. It is so nice to have a comfortable home.

Today we woke to a foot of snow on the ground in total. Then around 9 AM it started to rain. It is supposed to rain all day and part of the night. Maybe the temperatures will drop and we will have snow. Oh, that would be nasty on the roads to have snow over the ice. But, we have a good road crew and they will sand the roads so they are not too treacherous.

Getting ready for the big gift occasion on Monday . C made butter cookies and ddK decorated them with sugar sprinkles.

We have a 30 gallon rubbermaid bin full of unmatched socks. Now where could their mates have gone. hahaha

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  06:25:02 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas, y'all! Hope your day is full of joy, and that someone pitches in cleaning up!
We got a light dusting of snow last night & it is very cold. I brought up old photo albums & we're reminiscing.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  09:15:35 AM  Show Profile
We got some big fluffy flakes last night and frigid cold today. I am definitely not going anywhere today. Lowell is wrapping presents right now and is having a heck of a time with the tape. Its a regular roll and rip dispenser and he always gets it tangled up. I am sitting here at the computer recounting his efforts to you and not helping him at all. He did tell me to be quiet when I tried to help so I am just following instructions. Good for me.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  5:16:28 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I hope you all had a pleasant day. We had a good day. Usually the older children get in moods and nothing can lift them up. Today they all managed to be happy. It is so nice to have a good day with most of the children here. Our oldest gave the littles his old XBox 360 because he updated to some other electronic marvel. They are thrilled and can hardly move away from it. I think their eyes are glazed in their sleep.

I played Flinch it is a card game with DsR and he was happy. Each time we get together we play and sometimes he whips my butt and sometime I whip his. He laughs and that is good. DsR helped me clean the driveway. I used the tractor and he trimmed with the shovel. We received maybe 4 more inches overnight and the plow had come through. The car was still covered in ice from the rain a day or so ago but I scraped enough of the windshield off to see to drive across the road to park it so I could clean out that area as well. Temperatures were in the 20's an dnot much wind.

We had eye of round for supper with sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy with apple crisp for dessert.

I am glad that Lowell is still amusing you, Marie.

Some place online, Vanessa is a video clip of a dachshund in a shower enjoying itself. It was pretty funny.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Dec 25 2017 5:17:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  5:17:49 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I had a very nice birthday today. Temperatures were hovering around 0F . The sky was an amazing winter blue most of the day. We had a family of friends over for supper. C made a nice lasagna and coconut cake and I made bread with garlic kneaded into and rolled with parmesan cheese. DdK toasted it under the broiler with cheese.

Hope you are all well and enjoying the winter.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2017 :  08:27:26 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year. We are off for the entire time between holidays, so am enjoying the stress-free life for a few days. I hope everyone is happy and healthy and comfortable.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2017 :  09:11:01 AM  Show Profile
My parents seem to both be doing OK now. Mom had a touch of the flu and dad seems to have recovered from the pneumonia. I took an antibiotic called ciprofloxacin and it has messed me up. Can't think straight and lots of anxiety. This drug can affect the central nervous system. I hope the effects don't last. I took it for seven days. I am a mess right now because of it. Can't tell if I'm coming or going. We have snow here and it has been very cold. At least we had a white Christmas. As I said, I am a mess.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2017 :  4:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

Sorry you are a mess. You seem to be very sensitive to drug therapies. Good luck in getting to feel better.

Temperatures were well below zero all day. It was snowing tiny flakes as the sun went down. I hope the temperatures rise so the flakes can be big and going outside is not so hard.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2017 :  9:00:46 PM  Show Profile
Lowell and I are in Ocala where there is no snow and 60 degrees, kind of cold for here. We stood in no less than 6 lines and spent an hour on the plane not flying.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  10:36:42 AM  Show Profile
Went to the ER last night. I have bronchitis which exacerbated my asthma.Plus I was feeling loopy from the cipro. Sixty degrees sounds nice. It is still cold here. I don't trust my mind anymore. This drug has impaired my sense of reality. Hope the effects wear off soon. I have read that the effects can be permanent. Yikes, that's just what I need. Feels like I am in a dream. They gave me a breathing treatment in the ER so at least I am not coughing anymore and I can breathe. I was worried I might have pneumonia. I think we are supposed to get more snow. The eagles are back.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  5:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

The children were complaining today that I have the thermostats set at 60 F and it was too cold. We also have a wood stove and a gas heating stove in the back of the house. I think in the summer we yearn to have the nights at 60 F so we can get some sleep. I hope you have a good time.

I hope you feel better soon, Cindy. We do not have eagles here very often. Sometimes in the summer we can see on soaring on the thermals.

Still below 0 F during the day. The sun was out and warmed the house wonderfully. We took down the tree today and put it out the door.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  6:08:32 PM  Show Profile
I didn't bring my laptop because I was afraid of it getting taken away from me by the TSR. So whenever I use Roger's computer, the desk top changes. I cannot figure out how he logs in to have the settings he wants. I am now using a public computer and will continue to do so as long as I am here. This really reeks. Remember that I had problems with Roger believing that I had hacked into his accounts. Now he's blaming me this for this.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page