Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  06:42:12 AM  Show Profile
We're in a cool nights hot afternoons weather pattern. I live in Lamar county and we are now back into a severe drought. The heavy spring rains filled the lakes, rivers, and ponds, but it hasn't rain to matter since.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  1:04:58 PM  Show Profile
Sara, I live in Kerr County, we're still not out of drought conditions, but things are better. Temperature is expected to be 93 for the high today. We need rain, also.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  05:28:11 AM  Show Profile
Marly, our desert like weather is beginning to break. No sign of rain until maybe next week. We're still having humidity in low teens ~~ a couple of days single digit humidity. I have never seen humidity that low. The wind will have to change and bring moisture up from the gulf before there's a chance of rain.

Beginning today daytime temps will be in mid to high 80s and night time in mid 50s. I'll take those over the high 90s we've been having.

Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  07:59:37 AM  Show Profile
Very hot and so, so, so dry here. The last two days were unbelievable. No sign of rain. Low humidity and wind fueling Bastrop fires (in the news). Same area as a few years ago when it was on fire and we were getting ready in case we had to evacuate. Prayers, please.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  08:25:13 AM  Show Profile
Wanda, you and everyone else are in my prayers. We're under a burn ban but so far no wild fires.

Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  08:49:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Sara. It's so overgrown here because I would not mow for fear of hitting a rock with the tractor mower blade and throwing a spark. The 'grapevine' has it that a man was baling and the baler overheated. The poor guy tried to prevent a big fire by driving the baler into a tank. Problem is, that started a strip of fire as he drove to the tank. I can't imagine how this poor man is hurting over all the homes that have been destroyed and all the other destruction. He needs our prayers also.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  11:39:58 AM  Show Profile
Sara: Beautiful weather here in Kerrville today. Still dry and sunny. Temps in the low 80s. Hopefully we'll get the rain that's predicted for the coming week.
We are under a burn ban also.
Wanda: please keep us posted concerning the fires. Be safe.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  09:18:11 AM  Show Profile
The frost is on the pumpkin. Yes, we had frost in the outlying areas last night (none in town). I love this kind of weather. Today is sunny (still very dry) but cool and the trees are displaying their hues. I hope Texas gets some rain soon and that it cools down for the Texas farmgirls.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  11:16:25 AM  Show Profile
The rain is coming to The Hill Country of Texas. We got a light shower a few minutes ago. Skies are dark. Temperature is around 80. Humidity is at 85%.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  3:45:55 PM  Show Profile
Expecting lots of rain, but didn't get that much. The weather channel says tonight into Saturday morning is the window of heavy rain for our area.
Temperature 81.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  3:58:48 PM  Show Profile
Marly, my part of Texas got 4" today and more to come tonight. Hope you get a soaking too.

We may get some more rain when Patricia comes ashore and moves up this way. She's a huge storm, the biggest ever in this hemisphere. I hope the best for Mexico.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  4:06:46 PM  Show Profile
Sara- I've been watching the Weather Channel. Hurricane Patrica is huge!!!!!!!!! Texas will get a lot of moisture from that hurricane.
I just watched the local weather, they are saying a lot of heavy rain for The Texas Hill Country. Haven't seen heavy rain yet.
Please be safe. Keep us posted. Are y'all getting more rain tonight?
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  5:10:41 PM  Show Profile
My kitty, Boots, woke me up at 2:30 a.m. to show me a leak about the size of a pencil pouring into one room. Pans, buckets, trash cans, towels, etc. are all out, but there is no one available to fix it. Please pray that God will put a bubble over my little house. Stay safe, y'all.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  05:23:14 AM  Show Profile
Wanda, I hope you did not suffer too much from the sudden roof leak! Wow, what a scary thing to wake up to at 2:30 am!!

We have been having some light rain showers, which are needed, from the remnants of hurricane Patricia the past few days. Mostly, the storm brought us back tropical weather and it has been warm and humid again. Sigh. We had about a week of fall like weather and we are back to more summer like days. Halloween is always hot here for some reason and this year is adding up to be no different!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  3:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
It's been raining and windy for the past two days now ....

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  3:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Wanda, sending prayers your way.

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  6:33:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Winnie and Julie. Bless you for your prayers. The leaks are quiet for now, praise God. The problem is roofing being poorly pieced in place when additions were made by the last owner. A dear man is asking around to find the best temporary fix to get me through the winter while I try to figure out where I'll find the money to replace that part of the roof. I am just so very thankful hurricane Patricia didn't pay us a longer, closer visit.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  12:40:04 PM  Show Profile
Wanda, sorry about the roof leak. We are getting a lot of rain here in the Texas Hill Country. How is your area? It has stopped raining for a while, but the skies are dark again.
Keep us posted.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  1:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Marly - Yes, the sky has been that way here today also. Just a few sprinkles and lots of wind, so far. But, right now it looks like the bottom is about to fall out.

That man I mentioned came yesterday and put some silver gunk on the roof where he thinks it's leaking. He also came back this morning to give it a second coat. I sure hope it does the job.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  1:10:41 PM  Show Profile
Wanda, we got a little wind during the night, but this morning the wind had stopped. No heavy rain here yet. I'm waiting for the "bottom to fall out here, also."
I'll be praying for you and for your roof to be fixed properly. Stay safe and dry.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  12:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Raining all day AGAIN! ugh... The poor trick-or-treaters.

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Edited by - ClaireSky on Oct 31 2015 12:28:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  10:44:38 AM  Show Profile
The rain is returning. I finally got to mow green grass yesterday. This will be the third weekend of rain for us.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2015 :  6:35:19 PM  Show Profile
We got some snow over here in Utah today. It didn't stick but it sure is getting me excited for Christmas time!

Krista

Edited by - MaryJanesNiece on Nov 05 2015 6:36:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2015 :  8:47:45 PM  Show Profile
Bleh! Its snowed for a few hours today and then started to melt. So now it's sloppy, mushy, drippy, and gross. I've just spent two hours slogging in it feeding animals. BUT...it's all going to freeze tonight and be slick as butter in the morning. Haha! I'm turning into a cranky old woman tonight =P

I can't wait for it to be cold enough to stick and not turn to pudding right away. I love a good crisp snow. =D
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  12:57:31 PM  Show Profile
Krista, it must be nice to have snow for Christmas time. LOL. I have never experienced snow for Christmas. Enjoy the snow.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page