Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  7:15:54 PM  Show Profile
It has been raining here in the Midwest for two days. It's sopping wet. I ate at a Mexican restaurant tonight and parked my car near a storm drain. Just a little water when I went in. I wasn't there all that long. when I came out, water was several inches deep around my car. Shoes got soaked. Socks got wet=cold feet. Now I am home where it is dry and warm. They say to expect flash flooding. I live on a hill so that's not a problem. Feel sorry for the people in valleys. I would almost prefer snow over all this rain.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  04:51:00 AM  Show Profile
Hay there,

Strong winds and heavy rains entering Alabama.....will move thru all day long. Its 70 degrees out there now but once rain leaves it will cool off....into the low 40's. Keep your powder dry !!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6809 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6809 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  04:56:59 AM  Show Profile
Daisy, y'all are getting what just blew through Texas. Low 40s this morning ~ warming to hi 60s ~ hopefully a little sun by afternoon to dry things out.

No tornedos around me, but some damage from straight line winds. We get a lot of straight line wind.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  3:34:34 PM  Show Profile
Hay there, Mz Sara,

Glad there were no tornedos. We had lots of rain but it has stopped now. I managed to not get stuck in the mud while rotating cows and feeding horses. Mucky Mucky Mucky !!! Sunshine tomorrow! Whoo Hoo!!

A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6809 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6809 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  04:34:47 AM  Show Profile
A cold front blew in overnight and the wind will blow all day. Mid 40s today and our first freeze tonight.

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  09:18:36 AM  Show Profile
It's a beautiful, sunny day in NC Iowa. 15 degrees. feels like 0 degrees. Our first snow of the season yesterday gave us about 8" of the fluffy stuff. It took DH about 1 1/2 hrs. to blow out the drive and lane. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Certainly, looks like a Christmas card here in our woods.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Nov 21 2015 09:19:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  10:10:01 AM  Show Profile
two nights of freezing temps. Im off to wrap pipes and winterize. Just glad its warming back up and winter isn't here just yet. Im enjoying my AUTUMN.

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2015 :  2:25:23 PM  Show Profile
It's almost 2:30 pm here and only 30 degrees. Really gloomy with the fog and cold.

Betty in Pasco.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  2:19:56 PM  Show Profile
Last Saturday night, The Texas Hill Country, got down to 27 degrees. It's still a bit chilly, in the high 40s. It's overcast today, looks like rain.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  9:32:53 PM  Show Profile
We're having a stretch of beautiful sunny weather. Its been frosty in the mornings with highs in the low 40's and dipping into the upper 20's at night. This is supposed to continue until Monday. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets plus stars at night which we so often can't see at this time of the year, too!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  11:16:07 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, when you live west of the Cascades you do get some warmer temps. We were lucky to get into the 30's today. It was crisp and brisk. Didn't like going out at all and JoAnn's was a madhouse.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  04:49:18 AM  Show Profile
More rain. Roof patches did not work. The leaks seemed to have only gotten worse. My precious kitty, Boots, wakes me up during the night to tell me about them. God bless her. Praying I get through until I have the money, and weather, to have it fixed.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  2:17:29 PM  Show Profile
Gloomy in northern Illinois - overcast and chilly, but no trace of snow. I wish it would snow!

http://www.apartmentfarm.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  6:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Miserably cold here in SE Washington state. Never reached freezing todzy. I am waiting for the heat of summer.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  2:01:07 PM  Show Profile
Temperature got to 75 today here in the Texas Hill Country. Tomorrows high is predicted to be 81! I went for a nice long walk. Absolutely beautiful weather.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2015 :  12:02:26 PM  Show Profile
Here in East Texas, it has been really warm December. I remember years ago, a vey warm Christmas in which I am pictured sleeveless wearing shorts and decorating the tree.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2015 :  12:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Here in Minnesota it is unseasonably warm. Today we have a cold rain and the temperature is 43. The forecast says there will be snow next week. The ground is brown and the sky is grey. This is not right.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  09:27:05 AM  Show Profile
100% rain all day! Will be 45 tonight. The barnyard is a lake! There is a train blown off the tracks on an overpass about an hour from us in Lufkin. The cars were empty.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

DeVaudrey18
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  1:22:37 PM  Show Profile
It's a foggy 65 over here. It is supposed to rain most of the week and I hope with it comes the frigid Dec weather that we should be having. Not a streak of snow yet to be seen.

J'ai valu,vaux et Vaudrai
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  12:33:07 PM  Show Profile
Jessica, I heard on the Weather Channel how the NE was having summer-like weather. I hope you get a lot of snow.
Here, in the Texas Hill Country the temperature is 76. I just finished a 40 minute walk.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6809 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6809 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  1:27:18 PM  Show Profile
Marly, Glad you got your walk in. The sun is shinning today and it is so welcomed. Been dark and rainy for the last couple of days.

Go to Top of Page

DeVaudrey18
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  1:37:13 PM  Show Profile
Bear5-- Today was 69 degrees!!!! It is definitely warmer weather than we are used to. It feels a bit crazy to have our Christmas trees and outside decorations up and wearing tshirts around.

J'ai valu,vaux et Vaudrai
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  4:17:12 PM  Show Profile
The temperatures were lower today but not low enough to turn the rain into snow. The wind came up and it felt cold.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Cristi
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Cristi
Fountain Colorado
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  2:17:14 PM  Show Profile
We are finally getting some normal December weather in Colorado Springs. Woke up to 6 inches of the white stuff on the ground. Unfortunately, it seems that people have forgotten how to drive in the snow this year :-/.

A natural lifestyle is a breath by breath affair.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  1:05:12 PM  Show Profile
ok,,,, freezing temps at night and about low to mid 40's during the day...
This is what my front property looks like in the mornings...

no snow yet... but the snow has falling just a couple of miles up the road... no doubt we will get some too.

Hard to believe we gave up all this...

for this... lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 17 2015 1:15:46 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page