Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  11:55:43 AM  Show Profile
So far 9 inches of snow. NE TN is jusy beautiful!!! Hubby and I went for a long walk.

Find something beautiful in everyday!
And STYX rocks!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  3:40:00 PM  Show Profile
The snow was beautiful but it got warm and most of it melted. such is February.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  8:11:58 PM  Show Profile
We had another beautiful sunny day. Temperature got to 72 degrees.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  4:36:44 PM  Show Profile
We had about 20 minutes of filtered sunshine this afternoon. We have had fog for several days. Not usual for us this high on the mountain. The temps are in the high 30's, so it isn't too bad.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  5:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Another beautiful day! Clouds are coming in. Rain by Thursday afternoon.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  3:50:47 PM  Show Profile
We are having a very nice day. The fog burned off about noon, and the temp now is 40, with a pretty blue sky, and just a few clouds. The cows are happy. We moved them onto a south facing hillside that is all bared off. They were out eating green grass when we went to feed.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  7:41:58 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn: Happy to see y'all had had warmer weather. I'm glad the cows are happier, also! We finally got the rain this afternoon; it'll rain most of the night.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  3:43:17 PM  Show Profile
Blizzard conditions here in New York. Due to get over a foot of snow...guess we will have to see what we end up with when we wake up in the morning. Its a very strange storm, alternating between snow, sleet and even some thunder and lightning! Very bizzare for February for sure!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Everyday is a beautiful day, and sometimes the weather is even nice!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  5:12:14 PM  Show Profile
Laurie, I am praying for all of you up in the northeast!!!!!! Be safe. Keep us posted. I've been watching the Weather Channel and it looks just awful up there.
Our weather was beautiful today; temps in the low 70s, low humidity.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  7:33:02 PM  Show Profile
Laurie - you are all in my thoughts and prayers up there! Oh my goodness, the reports aren't looking too good. A lot of my friends and family are without power already - God help them! But I'm sure they're all well prepared and hunkered down to face whatever comes. Here's a link that shows what is happening state-by-state right now: http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130208/US.Northeast.Snow.State.By.State/ God love and bless all those effected - and protect them! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  8:49:12 PM  Show Profile
Nini: are you in the area with the blizzard conditions? If so, do take care. I'll be praying for all of you. Keep us posted.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  9:21:23 PM  Show Profile
I'm concerned for our farmgirls in the east. Definitely lifting up prayers.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  9:24:51 PM  Show Profile
It was clear and windy here in Loleta California, and is supposed to be in the 50's through next week until it changes again.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  9:34:36 PM  Show Profile
No... we should be fine here in Pittsburgh, Marly! Thank you, though! :) I wonder how our other farmgirl sisters are doing up there, though. It sounds pretty scarey. They've already been through so much...

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  3:44:00 PM  Show Profile
We are buried in- thats for sure! We got about 2 feet of snow, and other areas up to 3 feet! And that doesnt count drifts- thats straight snow!
My DH worked outside for hours and hours clearing the driveway, while I worked shoveling pathways way out back to the chicken coop and rabbit hutch. Now that was alot of work! The girls sure were glad to see me though, and I got 3 eggs. I chuckled to myself, thinking I bet none of my neighbors were rewarded with fresh eggs for shoveling! LOL
Praying that everyone stays safe and warm.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Everyday is a beautiful day, and sometimes the weather is even nice!
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  10:23:41 AM  Show Profile
Laurie, I hope your snow melts off slow and doesn't cause any more problems.
We have had wind, lots of it for 3 or 4 days. Sunny skies, and warm temps, but with the wind it felt really cold. Today is beautiful. Sunshine, no wind, and temps in the 40's. Our snow is melting and it is so dry there hasn't been much run off.

Go to Top of Page

Devongal
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Vanessa
Okehampton Devon
United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  10:09:15 PM  Show Profile
The weather here is not too bad considering its only Feb. Tbh where we live, it can be fine at home, but snowing 5 mins drive up the hills on the moor. We live on the edge of a wild moorland called Dartmoor, for all you readers its the home of The Hound of The Baskervilles country, and yes when the mist comes down its quite scary up there.Its really funny, cos when we do get snow, everything grinds to a halt. The bus service regularly breaks down and my daughter cant get to college, the trains come to a complete halt if the snow even looks at the train lines and the roads are chaos! Everyone start panic buying in the food stores, its insane:)Our country simply doesnt cope well with snow.

So much to do, so little time :)
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  6:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
We had spring last week, then horrid winds on Friday and then snow and more snow on Saturday and Sunday. Winter is back!!
COLD today with biting winter wind from the NW.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  8:20:08 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, I don't think the UK is any different than the US about dealing with lots of snow. In our little town in Idaho, where they should be used to snow, even if we get just a few inches, they pile it up in the middle of streets, where it turns into a ridge of ice that can stay for days or weeks.
We had another nice day today. A few clouds were overhead, but the sun shown more often than not, and the temps were in the middle 40's. I am so glad the wind stopped blowing.

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  2:37:49 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine and high 40's today in Seattle area. Loving it since we've
had so many overcast and rainy days lately.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  4:32:22 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine and in the high 60s. Nice weather!!!!! Humidity was low.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  1:25:01 PM  Show Profile
Cloudy, 19, damp and chilly here in the Chicago area. Please send some of that sunshine our way!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  2:37:01 PM  Show Profile
Cold!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  8:03:57 PM  Show Profile
We had cooler weather today; highs in the 50s, severe clear, low humidity. Another beautiful day. We are in for rain starting Monday through the week.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  9:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
A lovely day today, clear, sunny and not as cold . . . and NO WIND!! We've had cold NW wind every day this week . . not today! I'm thankful!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page