Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  7:11:53 PM  Show Profile
Freezing rain in Wisconsin. Very pretty but dangerous.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  7:34:31 PM  Show Profile
Rain and warming up here in KY. suppose to be in the 60's this week.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  7:58:02 PM  Show Profile
Wow, you can work on your suntan, Teri. LOL. Enjoy the warmer weather Friend. It was 74 degrees this afternoon. The clouds are coming in. Rain maybe Wednesday.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  08:12:08 AM  Show Profile
Snow, Snow Snow Just gonna sit and watch it all day long.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  08:28:11 AM  Show Profile
We had snow, and snow mixed with rain. Pictures were just taken a few minutes ago. We are supposed to get all rain and ice tomorrow, so it will become a royal mess!!!!!! Then, 8 degrees on Thursday!!!! Our weather is so crazy here.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  08:46:41 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like the country is just a mix of ALL kinds of weather!
Janet is that your glamper in that pic?
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  08:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
We have had a wide variety of temperature changes since November with biting cold and then unseasonably warm! Crazy!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  08:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh, we HAD been having "bite your face off" cold and then last week it warmed up some. Had clear, sunny skies and then this past weekend had major weather system move in.
Warmed up even more and we had over 24 hours of RAIN! Melted all the snow we had which was quite a bit and turned everything into a wet, soggy and MUDDY combination.
Rain started to subside yesterday . . . today it's colder and we are getting snow again. Now that we have considerable moisture in the ground we're getting an "insulation" blanket of snow on top.
While cold may not sound pleasant it's good that it's not as warm because, in the past, when it has done this, we've had snow melt WAAYYY TOOOO early and that causes major runoff problems.
Now it's snowing lazy flakes!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  08:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Sorry . . . another P.S.

It's always a challenge to go on a walk in sloppy, muddy conditions on a gravel road in and of itself. BUT, when drivers come by it's always a "are they going to slow down or are they going to splash me"?

MOST drivers slow down and take care NOT to splash me. However, last evening at about 6:00 PM I went out with my dog for her "business trip" and these guys came roaring up the road, didn't slow down and DELIBERATELY covered me with COLD, WET, MUDDY SLOP! AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Oh well, I'll live . . but that's just downright meanness!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  09:40:54 AM  Show Profile
Yes, CJ, that is our glamper. We are contimplating selling it this spring, but then we were thinking of getting a piece of land out west and putting it on it. We shall see what we decide to do. It is a 1977 Jalldee, does need some work, but is cozy.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  4:30:35 PM  Show Profile
Lots of rainy clouds moving in. Temperature was at 75 degrees most of the afternoon. The humidity is around 80 %. We'll be getting rain soon.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  7:59:02 PM  Show Profile
Very humid here. It was just above freezing yesterday and today it got up to 74 degrees. It's not supposed to be this warm at the end of January.We haven't had enough snow. this weather is freaky.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  04:29:22 AM  Show Profile
Weird weather in Wisconsin. Freezing rain and snow yesterday and thunderstorms and 61 degrees today. Tomorrow high of 11 degrees. Mother Nature has some hormonal imbalance!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  08:09:39 AM  Show Profile
I often think the same thing about Mother Nature, Diane! LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  08:42:36 AM  Show Profile
We have had snow, and freezing rain, and wind. It is snowing today, the roads in the valley are horrible, but we are just staying home. We have maybe 5 inches of snow. The inversion is gone in the valley, and temps have warmed up.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  3:27:57 PM  Show Profile
Keep warm, Kennie Lyn! It got up to 75 degrees today, 95 % humidity. Clouds are building up. Rain is coming; probably late tonight and into tomorrow.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  4:01:17 PM  Show Profile
Pouring down rain here and we're under a tornado watch. This is what happens when the weather changes so drastically. I think it's supposed to get cold again by Thursday. Mother Nature not only has a hormonal imbalance, she's bi-polar as well.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  4:55:31 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, keep safe! I can hear our weather changing as I type. The wind has picked up, so I guess the rain is near.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  5:13:56 PM  Show Profile
We are right now at about 55 degrees, storms coming in tonight 60 degrees tomorrow, then back to cold again

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  6:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Here we go again. My area of NE TN is a 5 out of 10 for tor-con tomorrow. The outer bands of one went over our home inMarch 2011. My neighbor lost roof of their deck. 3 people were killed and a dozen people lost their homes. No basement for me. I have to drive up the road to in laws basement. I'll pack a bag with all my meds in case I have to bug out. I have portable police scanner and weather radio. Hubby will be out of town tomorrow. My town is near Shady Valley TN in case you here anything on tv about storms.

Find something beautiful in everyday!
And STYX rocks!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  8:07:21 PM  Show Profile
Tara, please be safe. I'll be watching the Weather Channel. Keep us posted.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  06:53:23 AM  Show Profile
Just CRAZY Jan. weather here. It's HOT and windy and pouring rain one minute then stops the next. We have tornado watches all around here. It's crazy! I will be so glad when Jan. is outta here. It's really been the most up and down month ever. And I have the windows open and am sweating. I'm having to cross a creek again to get to the goat barn. No fun. And I was just getting used to some almost dry ground again. Oh well. I just hope we don't get any tornadoes. I don't think most people and especially the little kids can handle that again. It's been nearly 2 years since we had all those horrible tornadoes. And most people are still rebuilding.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  08:52:02 AM  Show Profile
Kris, be safe!! I'm listening to the Weather Channel now, sounds bad. Keep us posted.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  09:15:23 AM  Show Profile
Praying for safety, Kris. Keep us posted. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  10:28:51 AM  Show Profile
We are having RAIN and more RAIN and more again. Wet Western Washington living up to it's name. It is getting very depressing and mushy. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page