Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  07:06:34 AM  Show Profile

I had to share some pictures of the pretty icey creations at the edges of the pond. Each place was so different. That 2nd shot reminds me of the Playboy bunny. And then I just thought the really long shadows were really cool with the blue sky and mountain in the background.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Jan 19 2013 07:07:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  09:00:19 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful pictures, Kris. I love, love, love the pink bike!!!!!! And the shadow pictures with the mountains in the background, really nice. We have had sunny days the last three days. Thank goodness the rain is over. I am hoping the temperature starts to warm up soon. I miss my outside playing/working.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  4:20:58 PM  Show Profile
The temperature got to 66 degrees today. My hubby and I spent most of the day outside doing all kinds of clean ups, etc... We spent two hours picking fruit off of three trees. Some we are giving away, some we had to throw away because they were split. The sun felt so, so warm. Just a beautiful day!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  6:26:41 PM  Show Profile
Marly your weather sounds wonderful. What kind of fruit do you have on your trees at this time of the year?

We are experiencing an inversion - cold air trapped below warmer air at higher elevations. It's been just at or below freezing here for the past week. For us this condition normally brings sunshine, but for the past three days we've had dense fog which blocks the sunlight and makes the air seem even colder. Brrrr! I have seen some really beautiful displays of ice crystals on my car windows lately. It's so hard to turn the defroster on when you know it's going to melt them away!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  9:01:01 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, we have kumquarts, lemons, figs. I live in SW Louisiana. Usually buy late February the fruit is finished.
Stay warm.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  09:54:08 AM  Show Profile
Another repeat day of yesterday!!! The sun is out, temps in the 60s, no wind, the humidity is not high, absolutely beautiful outside.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Roe
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Rosemarie
Tavares Florida
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  5:57:07 PM  Show Profile
Just a hello from Florida today was about 70 tonight was 64
but the sun is shinning.

Florida Hugs,
Roe
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  8:02:51 PM  Show Profile
I am jealous of all your warm weather, it is cold here. The valleys are foggy and the temp is barely into the teens for the highs, and near zero at night. Up at our elevation we are out of the fog and it gets into the high 30's in the day, but in the teens at night. We have snow on the ground, and our sunny days are beautiful and bright. Working outside isn't bad as long as the sun is out, but it is cold in the shade.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  8:38:12 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, Kennie Lynn. Today we were at 69 degrees, no wind, lots of wonderful sun, and low humidity. Such a beautiful, nice day. Wish you could be here. Stay warm.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  10:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
one word for the weather here today. just one COLD. we have warmed up to -2. sun is out and it looks so nice out, but it is not. about the only one who likes it is Kymo, the older dog, he is half Husky :-)

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  3:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Temps in the high 60s again today. Another sunny day. Did a lot of yard work, then helped the neighbor do her yard work. An absolutely beautiful day in SW Louisiana.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  3:44:57 PM  Show Profile
Currently 21 degrees and it's supposed to get down to 11 degrees tonight. It was cold today, I think 21 was about as warm as we got. Had a light dusting of snow. They say it's supposed to get bad on thursday. I'm just glad I have a warm, dry house. Something most people take for granted but I feel for the homeless on nights like this...
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  4:07:50 PM  Show Profile
COLD ... right now 24 degrees, going down to 10 degrees tonight. Hope my car starts tomorrow.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com

Edited by - kysheeplady on Jan 22 2013 4:42:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  4:11:31 PM  Show Profile
22 here tonight. I hope no kids or lambs born this week.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  4:42:41 PM  Show Profile
Are your lambs coming this early?

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  5:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Kris, let us know when the babies are born. I'd love to see pictures. Stay warm.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  3:36:15 PM  Show Profile
Our weather may be chaning, we had high clouds and wind today. Snow in the forecast. Still cold.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  3:39:48 PM  Show Profile
Keep warm, Kennie Lyn. The temperature got up to 73 degrees today. I was outside most of the day. A nice day!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  4:19:04 PM  Show Profile
Very overcast this afternoon. The humidity is at 80 %. Chance of rain Friday and Saturday.
Temperature got to 73 today.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  10:59:22 AM  Show Profile
We got freezing rain and a skiff of snow yesterday morning. The roads in the valley were treacherous. Lots of slide offs and slide intos. The freeway was closed from Boise to Glenns Frerry. Our sidewalk was covered with ice an inch thick. My sister said she needed ice skates to cross the parking lot at her work. But today is warmer, and overcast. It didn't freeze at all last night. We are having a heat wave it is 45 degrees right now.

Go to Top of Page

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  12:08:50 PM  Show Profile
Sleet/snow/ice off and on in far Ne TN. I have been throwing out 4 cups of sunflower seeds every 2 hours. The birds are eating it so fast. Kitties enjoying watching the birds. Trying to stay warm here.

Find something beautiful in everyday!
And STYX rocks!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  1:21:03 PM  Show Profile
I'm smiling at the thought of the birds winging in for the sunflower seeds, and the cats chattering at them! Stay warm.
It's 74 degrees in SW Louisiana, the sun feels wonderful. As the afternoon continues, I'm seeing clouds coming in from the west. I hope we don't get too much rain.
I'm enjoying the outside too much.
Stay warm, Tara.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  09:22:23 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
It's raining here in Phoenix! This is day two of rain; it's been nice and steady and we have puddles in the garden. We get very little rain here (I know....duh....it is a desert after all! )
so this is a wonderful thing. When it rains in our desert, the air carries the scent of creosote and everything smells so fresh and clean. The dust washes off of the trees, plants, and buildings and out of the air. Rain in the Sonoran Desert is a reason for celebration. I am planning to put on some soup and enjoy the day at home with the patter of raindrops on my roof.

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Warmly,
Pam

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  11:08:19 AM  Show Profile
Its cold and miserable in Versailles. Gloomy and mushy and we have a
rainy icy mix moving in soon. ugh. To top it off we have a very sick dog and she doesn't need this either. Hop you are all having a wonderful Sunday.
Malena
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  11:27:39 AM  Show Profile
Malena, I hope your dog feels better soon. I remember my Luck Dog did not like rainy weather, or storms. Hugs to your sick dog. Stay warm.
The weather today is a little overcast and the humidity is rising! How do I know???? My hair is three times the normal size!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Temperature is 72.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page