True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  4:52:03 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I saw Dr Zhivago in college. It was long and some sad. My mother was a history major so I can recite the six wives of Henry the eighth and what happened to them. lol

I like Mel Brooks movies. They do not require a lot of thinking but do provide a lot of laughs. I do like La Cage au Folles, the original Priscilla Queen of the Desert, (I have not seen the American version) I did like Harold and Maude. I have not seen a lot of movies recently.

I thank all of you west of me for sending cold thoughts up into the atmospere. It has been cold here and freezing up the ground quite nicely. The slaughter date has been changed from Friday to Saturday so I hope the weather holds.

Many years ago now I made draw string bags for winter holidays. Each person has his/her own pattern. It changes from year to year but we do not have to put tags on so it confounds snooping a little. It also saves so much time from wrapping. We each receive the same number of presents so it keeps the bickering down some as well. We remove all of the plastic wrap and twist ties on the toys and put in the batteries. It is so much more relaxing not having to fight with the packaging on the toys in the morning.

Where should we go on our first virtual vacation? I vote for someplace that cooks and does the dishes.

Sweet dreams

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  03:55:07 AM  Show Profile
great ideas--book for prayer requests and drawstring bags for gifts! you guys are so clever!
this year i am sending Christmas cards the cyber way since postage has gotten so high--so here you go, ladies--consider yourselves "carded"!

chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  04:40:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,

Chris, Thanks for the pretty card with those sweet doggies.

My sewing group had a really nice Christmas party yesterday. Lots of food and a fun Christmas ornament exchange. I finally got to know most of the women pretty well in the last couple of months. A couple of husband came so I called up my DH and he came along, later. The food was suberb with all those cassaroles that ladies make when they want to put their best foot forward. I made my healthy salad with olive oil-balsamic vinegar dressing. Have to keep healthy, you know! haha. I was glad that there weren't very many desserts. Just a cake, a pie and some dark chocolate.

Didn't do much the rest of the day. We visited a couple of thrift shops. All I found was a clock with fake pink shiny rhinestones all around the outside of it. It is so cute that I decided to put it up on my sewing room wall with all the other things hanging there. More clutter. LOL

Holly I think your idea of the bags for Christmas gifts is an excellent one. I did that one year with my granddaughters but then they got to the age where they wanted $$ for Christmas so I gave in and gave them that for the last 3 years. This year I revolted and told myself no I would give them a nice gift. So I got them each a pretty necklace. They are 22, 20 and 18 so if they need $$ they will have to work and save instead of work and spend.

I am still making cookies and will be getting them packed up this week and out in the mail and to the recipients. Well, I better get to it before I wake up the DH and his pal who are still asleep.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.

Some gifts are big, some gifts are small, gifts from the heart are the best gifts of all.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  06:32:01 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Ladies. Just a quick check in before I start in making more tortellini. I made several batches yesterday. I worked until 8:30pm on them. I was beat. I made chicken and spinach filled and a 3 cheese filled. They were delicious. Time consuming, but a whole lot cheaper than purchased ones. I am freezing them on trays, bagging them in food savor bags and will give them for Christmas gifts. I have to deliver some cookies, zucchini bread and preserves today, the last of local deliveries. They are going to an elderly couple that I drive to St Louis for their Dr appointments. I think I will deliver them around noon so I can have a break from rolling and filling dough, and I will take them a quart of tortellini soup
I bought a bluetooth device for my phone yesterday so I could have my hands free...lol. I work from home for my daughter's business and just had too many calls yesterday. We will be heading to Ohio this weekend. Not looking forward to the 7 hour drive. But I am looking forward to seeing Dalous' family and Jake. Now, I have to work extra hard at getting Christmas presents done.
Chris, the card is so beautiful! I suppose it is your artwork. I will print it out and hang it with my display of Christmas Cards.
Have a great productive day.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  06:53:07 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

Just dropping by real quick.

Holly I love the drawstring bag idea. Maybe I will use it this year for a couple of presents.
My youngest DD gets it in her head that each year all presents should be wrapped with a theme.
This year it is brown paper and bright bows. I like the bag idea. I could put a tag on it like a freind use to do.
It said "return on bithday, aniversary, Christmas for a refill". She loved to bake and always filled treat bags for people.

Chris love the card. is that your art work?

Patty you have way more energy than I do. I am tired just looking at all that great food you made. Now I am hungry too! LOL

I had better get on with my day. Every student is in study mode for finales.They start on Friday.
There is not to much for me todo unless they have a question. I am holding out for the 21st.
I am taking my GF to Boise for some shopping and girl time. The 20th is the last day of school till Jan 4th. YEA!!!!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  08:01:54 AM  Show Profile
oh ladies, the pics are great and i am getting in the mood for christmas at last! love the ideas and the food...if i ever figure out how to cook in my micro kitchen i plan on doing some too! my next door neighbors have told me for years that they were going to clean my sidewalk on the side of my house where the dirt by their house kept coming down and they did it! it looks great and the border is almost 6" high (that many years) woo hoo! i am so thankful for that and i want to cook them something.
love and hugs to all of you!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  09:20:49 AM  Show Profile
Good morning - (well, it's morning here on the west coast)

In 5 minutes I have to leave to go pick up a dear GS from the San Jose train station. He's coming in from Oregon. (He's the vegan.)

Chris, your card is darling. And Patty - come on-a my house ... and make me everything! That spread has my mouth watering and it's only 9:20.

Opps! Gotta go! Love ya, all!

Candy canes and all the rest ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  09:46:02 AM  Show Profile
Nancy I'm right there with you! My GK's are 21, 2 are 18, than 15 and 12. And for years they all wanted money. And I went along with it. But not this year. I went out and got them something they can use and really wants, than I can wrap them up and it just seems more special than a card with money. Most of the time, I think the 3 oldest ones used their money on gas or eating out. They get enough money for the rest of the family. So glad to hear your doing it too. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

charleen
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

phyllis
pampa texas
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  11:20:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello, I'm new to the sisterhood, and I am 61 live in Pampa, Texas, but feel 12 mentally. My name is charleen. I would like to meet new friends and learn lots of fun stuff. Hope to hear from you. smooches
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  2:03:52 PM  Show Profile
hi charleen! glad you joined us! i have recently joined this group and i just LOVE IT! lots of friends here and just so you will know, I live in waco, texas so we are practially neighbors! :)
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  2:33:39 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I'm, still reading, but I'm back on pg 142. It is hard to catch up and remember what is happening to all. My heart and prayers go out to those who are ill, have someone ill or who are in the midst of turmoil. The holidays are not always festive, and can be very lonely for those who have lost a loved-one, or are separated from those one loves by distance or death.

I am going to just record the excuse..."sorry that I am so busy"...because I know I said that during the summer, garden harvesting and now the holidays. I think I am just getting slower so it seems as though I am really busy. Anyway, it is good to see so many new names, and those of ladies who have become friends through this forum.

Christmas will be different this year, as was Thanksgiving. We have always had our family get-togethers...my daughter, husband & 3 girls, my son, whenever he can make it away from work, my Mom, and of course DH Dan. As a nurse, he usually has 1 holiday off year. He was worked the last 3 Christmas', but he has it off this year. Our daughter as some of you may remember, moved with her family...except her oldest dtr to Tampa. They were here for Thanksgiving week, & ours was the Monday b/4 Thursday, as it was a day, the girls could skip school, Dan had off, my son had the day off and of course it didn't matter which day for Mom or me...just so we could be together. Christmas will just be dan, my Mom and me. Joel works and the rest are in FL. I don't think I appreciated having family so close, since now they aren't. Oh well...trying to frantically pack presents & send them in the mail. The granddtrs are getting a little something, but mostly money, as I have not a clue what they would need or like. Joel will be getting a book fo the Epistlas and Revelation from St John's Univ in Collegeville, MN. It has special pictures taken from the original parchment/calligraphy/pen & colored monastery pictures from the 1500's. He went to school there for 2 years and then got homesick and finished at Gonzaga U in Spokane, WA. He likes a lot of the schools team clothing etc, so there will be a few things like that. It is so hard to buy for my Mom who says she has all she needs...all she wants is to spend time with us. That doesn't seem good enough, but we have some tickets to an Ice production, that we will take her to. at 93, we are careful what we get.

I look at all the pictures of snow in the SW and wonder what in the world. We have a 1/4 of an inch. This time last year, we had over 2 feet.

I ran across some old records the other day at my Mom's house. Do you remember the 78's we used to have? Well, these were tapings of me when I was 3 yrs old visiting Santa & then placed on a record to buy along with the picture. I was so scared & self conscious one year (there are 3 yrs), that Santa asked me to sing Rudolf the Red-Nose. I couldn't think of the words...all those people in line and me on santa's lap...so I hummed it. I could almost feel being 3 again. These are memories I want to write down for my kids, but it usually takes a spark from the past to bring those thoughts back.

Thelma, I do not have your address for your birthday. I would love to send you a card, so can you send it to me? Both of my children were born in December....Joel on the 22nd and Nikki on the 27th. I think they always felt jipped, even though we tried hard to separate BD's from Christmas. We also celebrated good girl and good boy day in June to have something else to make up for their BD's.

There is a lot more to say, but I'm sure it is time to give up the podium to others. Blessings on you all. I have a few questions to ask the next time...but you all take care now.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  3:05:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Charleen ... so glad to have you on board. This is the most amazing forum. You will have some best friends here before you know it. Be sure to send your birthday and contact information to Penny. She's the keeper of our over-50 birthday list.

Well, gfs - the first of the family has arrived. I picked up GS from the train station this morning. We made a couple of stops on the way home - quilt shop for thread and Trader Joes for a big supply of veggies and fruit and a few other vegan things.

First thing Jared wanted was to see the old sewing machine I had picked up (and had reconditioned) for him. And to learn how to use it. It's almost too simple. He is so thrilled. I may have mentioned a while back that he is the only one of the grandkids who has made a quilt (under grandma's tutelage). We made some interesting soup for lunch and he ate 3 bowls of it. He has now gone upstairs for a nap (having traveled for 13 hours by train from Oregon to San Jose). His brother is graduating from Berkeley on Sunday and I just learned that Jared will graduate from OSU-Eugene in June. Wow, where do the years go?

Jared's mom (youngest DD) will arrive tomorrow, coming from Santa Barbara - and the rest of the gang will start coming in Friday mid-day. Dicken's Fair is Saturday. Did I mention that I got 6 hotel rooms for the weekend on Priceline - that I expect will save my sanity? Jared will stay here though.

Glenda, my love, my prayers are surrounding you. Please give John David a kiss and tell him it's from someone he will never meet but who cares about him and keeps him in her prayers.

Penny, keep that foot elevated!

Nancy, I guess it's enough that we know who it is ... we can let the anniversary fairy remain anonymous.

Christmas music is playing and I still have cards to write and presents to wrap. So, gone for now.

Candy Canes ... Sugar Plums ... See's Chocolates ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  3:21:49 PM  Show Profile
hi all--all that YUMMY food! tortellini is a fave here--i have never tried to make my own. i can see you chatting on your bluetooth and tortellini-ing away patty! all the food sounds so yummy! the sewing group potluck sounds like it was terrific. its really fun to go and sample everyone's "pride and joy". i am glad i had just had dinner--cheesy potato and cauliflower soup (new recipe) so i was already full when i started reading. today i made the last of my Christmas cookies--thumbprints with nutella in the middle. now i am done.
the card is indeed my art--its dorijane and shambles. i always paint my dogs for my Christmas card. it was a quickie experiment with the new acrylic paint i just bought and i was happy with the result.
epic rain here today--it is still pouring. my friend howard came over and i gave him a quick tutorial on how to list his seeds on the daylily auction. then i started on a cushion for our window seat. had to stop when i realized i didn't have any velcro.
the Christmas plans all sound so lovely--we never have much of a family gathering--and i miss that family warmth. but its always nice for DH and i to just be together and have a guiet day at home. have a lovely night, everyone. chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  4:20:02 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I scooted online this afternoon with Ross and he said tortelini I love tortelini. We had cheese tortelini last night with very spicy sauce my dd made. We buy our tortelini from the Schwann man.

We will have a family Christmas. The boys who live near us will come. We have enough children left at home that it is still an active holiday for us.

My birthday is the 27th and my mother always made sure that I was not neglected. I always thought that people were in the mood for giving so I did better than my siblings.

I would love to be talented enough to make a 2D representation of a real thing on paper. I am much better than I was when I was young. I am pretty good at 3D crafts and I can frame in an great photo. The dogs are phenomenal. I am jealous that you could create such a beautiful drawing.

We had ham bone and bean soup for supper. It is not labor intensive but I do have to plan it in the morning to cook it long enough.

My 17 yo son passed his two community college courses. He is relieved they are over and his self esteem has risen 20 notches. He took basic college math and an English/Sociology course called Race,Gender, Class in Society or something like that. He was the youngest in the class. He is very conscientious about his work. Communty college has these placement tests for math and reading that every entering student has to take to determine what level class they may take. The math was probably relatively easy for him but he could not do well on the Accuplacer test so he took it as a review. It was great for his self esteem and for him to learn how to take a college class. He was the only black boy in his class so it was interesting for him to hear and read a discussion about race. He said the class made him think a lot. He has become calmer over the last month or so maybe these discussions have helped him settle himself inside his head.

When one of our biggest boys turned 12 he loved to dress up and create plays with his brothers. He received a box of dresses for his birthday. I found them at the second hand store. The boys thought they were great. When he turned 16 he made himself a dress. It was a lovely red satin item with a fitted bodice and several layers of fluncy skirts. He tells me now that he does not do dress up anymore unless it is black leather. But he knows how to sew. He is now 32.

Good night everyone.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  7:01:16 PM  Show Profile
Hello farmgirl friends. I thought since all of you have been so supportive and interested and concerned about my brother John David that I should give a report, but try not to be depressing during this wonderful holiday family time. I know when some of you share about one of your loved ones, I want to hear updates to know how things are going.
Today I got tired of half answers and vague responses and not really understanding what is going on. My sister has been driving my brother to the doctor and then reporting not much. So today I spent about an hour and I managed to track down a nurse who is taking care of him who was willing to talk with me. She actually was glad to hear from me because she said he had been coming in to the doctor alone and he told them his sister would take care of him but she had not even gone in to see the doctor. I don't know what she does, go out for coffee, I guess. You already know what his doctor told him and what his response was, so I won't repeat myself. He decided over the weekend that he would just let nature take its course. I respected that decision. However, he has now decided that he will do the chemo and see if it will shrink enough to give him some quality of life or a longer period of time, as he is no longer able to swallow at all and quickly losing his ability to talk, and the chemo could shrink it enough that maybe he can swallow. So this morning he went in and got the stint put in and he will get his first chemo treatment next week. I talked with his nurse and my entire family and they all said I should go on the trip because they would need me more later than now. The nurse also told me he would need me much more later on in the "journey" as she put it, that it is going to be very very difficult and I would need all the strength I had. She told me when I get back to call and come in to see her and she would go over everything with me involving his care and what to expect. She said she might put off the first treatment 2 days so I would be here when he has it, but my poor 89 year old mother and my very unreliable sister say they can handle it. I still don't know what to do. The nurse gave me her private number to call her any time, and I now, along with many others, can not say enough good things about the folks at M.D. Anderson. We all understand that we are just trying to buy a little more time and some quality of life, and it all will depend on how he handles the chemo.
I want to thank all of you once again and wish you a wonderful holiday with your loved ones. I got the Dec bday cards out today because I'm afraid I won't have another chance, so they will be early for everybody except CeeJay. I didn't get to finish the Christmas cards. I will go from Austin to Houston when I get back and really don't know when I will be back home or have access to internet.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Dec 14 2011 7:12:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  7:04:43 PM  Show Profile
Patty - HMMMMMMM - Looks wonderful lady! Your family should be happy! Remind me to tell you all about my cookie story.

Charleen - Welcome! You will fit right in, this is an awesome group of women!

Caludia - Nice to see you back & I've been to St. John many times as a kid. It was just down the freeway from our lake cottage in Avon. Of course this was 50 years ago, but I'm sure it's still just as nice but probably bigger, got it's own town name now by the sounds of it.

Janie - I am still looking for that Christmas in a Box for you. I don't have enough small Christmas items to make one right now and A.C. Moores is 100 miles from me. If we go to the city this weekend I will get the items and send it but you will probably get it after Christmas. So I'm glad you found the Western Santa at least!

Thelma, I love Dr. Zhivago too! My daughter and I use to watch it once a year too. It is sad, but so beautiful!

Dianne - I'm glad your niece is doing better. We always told our daughter to call no matter what and thankfully she listened. David would always go get her and her friends and I'd wake to find kids sleeping on the couch, the recliner, even the floor a few times. So worth it!

Oh Patty - You are too cute! Birthing four kids for the grandbabies, lol!

Thelma, this may be old but new to me about tags. I took those "shipping tags" and printed out old Christmas photo's in a size that could fit them, glued them on, then took coffee and blotted over them to make them look old. I'll see about a picture tomorrow.

Darlys - I didn't know you were from Minnesota, I am too! Born and raised, didn't move until I was 24. Lived all over but the family is mainly from Milaca, Brainard, and St. Cloud. Also lived in Fargo and Richfield. I love New in Town too! And talk about a movie point on - Fargo. It's not a favorite although I liked it, but Francis ? was so perfect you would have thought she was from there!

I have way to many favorites that I can't have just one. Lately my favorites are anything Pixel makes - Toy Story series, Monsters Inc, Shrek series, & Finding Nemo. I love anything with Jimmy Stewart. My favorite Christmas Carol though is with George C. Scott. We watch it every Christmas Eve along with It's a Wonderful Life". I'll have to think about my actual "favorite", that's a toughy.

I know this is long, I type fast, but thinking back on Christmas's I have a lot of great memories but this one sticks out as you will see why.

The year after my Dad died my Mother had driven to Mpls. to go shopping for Christmas presents with my Aunt. She had my little brother with her who was 3 at the time. We had been living here, there and everywhere while she was putting herself through college and were finally all under one roof again in an empty church parsonage (in exchange for us keeping the church clean and doing all the office work). Anyway, she was coming home, it was a mix of snow and rain, and as she was passing a semi, it fish tailed and hit the back of her car pushing the back of the car up like an accordian and flying her into the median. Luckily my brother was sleeping in the front seat with her lap for his pillow or he'd be dead. Anyway, the next day she and my oldest brother had to go back to the accident and pick up what they could find that was left of our presents. She couldn't afford anything else so we got whatever they found. I got a troll who once had blue hair, she tells me, but had lost it's hair. I was so upset to get a bald troll, no one had a bald troll!

My older brother, bless his heart, had worked all summer at the grocery store as a bag boy saving his money for a car and after he helped gather our presents off the freeway he went out and bought us littler kids presents instead of his car. Mom didn't know this and so Christmas Eve when we were opening gifts he brings all these presents out and as we are opening them she is crying. I got Barbie, Midge, Ken, Skipper, and a case and clothes for them from him. That was probably the most presents I had ever gotten in my life and was so happy with him and mad at Mom for giving me a bald troll. At the time I thought she was crying because I hated the troll. To this day I can't believe he was that generous as an 18 year old but he was (and still is). Shortly after Christmas he signed up for the Army so he could be taken care of, make money to buy a car & send money home to Mom to help her with us other kids and her going to college. What a guy!! I am so lucky to have a brother like that, even to this day.

Of course as I grew older I realized what took place and so admire my Mother and brother for all they did and went through to keep us all together. He spent the next four years in Viet Nam. And that Christmas had to have been so hard on Mom, single for the first time in 20 years with 4 kids, going to college and living in strange arrangements to do so. This is back before it was common, we're talking 1964. I need to call her tomorrow and tell her this, thanks for making me think girls!

Holly - We too have draw string bags, Not as organized as you as we still put tags on them and they are not necessarily Christmas fabric but we use them, so much easier! Started it when my SIL couldn't use one arm/hand anymore. Kept doing it for the ease!

Have a great week ladies, and for those of you needing prayers, they are still said every night at my house.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  8:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Charleen,

Quick note, got a half envelope and half Christmas card from my dear Nancy...what in the world is our post office doing to our mail....it looks like it had been drug though the mud among other things...thank you Nancy for the wonderful Christmas Card...

I also got a beautiful one from Judy, thank you so much...it made it fine....whole...lol....

You ladies are the best...you have brightened my day.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Dec 14 2011 8:34:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  04:18:34 AM  Show Profile
glenda--i am so very glad you found that nurse. she is an answered prayer. how very caring of her to give you her phone number, and to be so honest with you. whatever you decide about the first treatment will be the right decision. God is holding your brother in His hand now--i have no doubt.
ginny--what a wonderful story and a wonderful brother. seems like brothers are a theme right now.
holly--your boys sound like wonderful people--congratulations to your 17 year old. what a tremendous accomplishment for his age. and i would love to meet the older one--he sounds like a terrific character as well!
chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  06:03:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi,
Welcome Charleen. So glad you are with us.
Ginny, Thank you for that wonderful story. What a sweet and caring brother and mother you have. I loved hearing about that Christmas.

Glenda I am praying for you and your family and I know that you will find the strength to carry you through. We are all here for you and God is there beside you. I am glad your brother is in a caring place of care.

Claudia I love the picture of you and your DH. It is so nice to see what we all look like. Aren't we a nice looking group? I think so.

Hugs and squeezies

Nancy

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  09:27:27 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the lovely Christmas card Nancy! It put a big smile on my face and it came through just find to my house!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  3:44:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Well the weather people revised there forcast. No snow not even rain. Surprise! Surprise! Not :(
I am getting a little concerned. This is a farming area. If we do not get snow, then we do not have water for next year.
We went up to cut our tree last Saturday and we were a lot farther up the mountain than we should have been able to get to.
I know a lot of people don't like snow, but it is our water for next years crops.

Charleen Welcome Most of feel a lot younger than we are, so you should fit right in.

Penny Keep that foot up! We want you well and ready to go ASAP! :) We miss you when we don't hear from you.

Well I had better get with the cards tonight if I am going to get them in the mail. I am such a procrastinator sometimes!

Dianne (ID)

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  4:46:06 PM  Show Profile
My birthday is three days after Christmas (28th) I was a 'poor kid' growing up. Mom was very clever. She would buy me something for Christmas that she planned on returning. She always got something I wouldn't like. After the holidays she took it back to the store - cashed in on the end of the year sales - and I ended up with a new Christmas gift and one or two nice birthday things. My parents have been gone for several years, but we still laugh about Mom's thrifty ways.

Glenda, God loves you and will help you through this.

Nancy, Thanks for the Christmas card. Mine got through just fine.

I had 2 oranges from Texas for dinner this evening plus 2 Christmas cookies. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm! i don't always make good food choices, but ate so much this week, I really didn't want anything else.

Weather here in Northern Iowa is icky. Rain melted the snow. It is damp with temps in the 20's and 30's. Strange for this time of year.

For you Minnesota gals - I live 9 miles from the state line. I sometimes shop in. Albert Lea. We go to the cities with our travel club to see broadway plays and such.

still Ho ho hoing with Santa. We have 3 more gigs. It is a lot of fun, but at my age, and with this damp weather, I am wearing out. Until next time Love to all

Edited by - Thelma on Dec 15 2011 5:03:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

ladylace
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Donna
Duluth Georgia
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  5:13:11 PM  Show Profile
I turned 56 on July 4 2011. And I am proud of it. I like my age.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  5:44:29 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Welcome Donna. I bet Your Duluth is a whole lot different than Duluth, Minnesota. I wonder which one was settled first?

I have thought about this picture problem I have. My system is not fast enough to be able to post pictures so I thought if everyone sent me their email addresses I could do a mass mailing with an attached photo periodically. people have asked about my beautiful face, our house, the screen house, the new guinea house I made and the shakere from last September. So, anyone who wants to be on the photo list send me a note.

I agree with Dianne about the water and snow. I was talking today with the women at the rug hooking store about the lack of cold and the lack of snow. We all agreed we would like the cold to come long enough so the nasty insects and poisonous things would not move north. We talked about the snow needing to be deep enough to fill up the water table come spring so the wells would not go dry. I purchased enough wool to finish a piece on my hooked rug so I can continue the picture and finally finish it. I probably could have put in the rest of the colors and then filled in the part I was short on but something in me has to go color by color. NOw I just have to figure out where in the wreck of my sewing room I have stashed the hook for the rug hooking and the rest of the fabric strips. lol

It is pouring rain and has been a good share of the day. The temperatures are in the high 30's.

I cheated tonight for supper and we had Schwan's chicken cordon bleus. The children like them and I did not feel like cooking all day.

Do any of you remember when Chernoble blew up? Well most of you probably do remember that. But, the next winter there was a lot of sickness in our area. I have been wondering if the Japan nuclear accident is the cause for all of the sickness now. the winds carry the nasties around the globe and eventually it lands on us. Just a thought.

Glenda I am glad the nurse is being informative and compassionate. I would think she has a lot more experience than any of us in knowing about timelines and treatment. I hope you can relax on the trip if you choose to go.

Sweet dreams

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  1:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Donna Hi and Welcome.Lots of fun, and love here.

Holly that is so like me. I am always looking for something to finish a project or start a new one.
My rotery cutter is the thing that keeps hideing on me. Now I can't find my 3 foot ruler for cutting material.
How could I miss place that? I think there are elves tht go into my sewing room and move things.

Finales are almost done for today. There is not much for me todo except monitor the students.

I still have Christmas cards to finish. Thats on the priority list for tonight.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page