classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  8:35:08 PM  Show Profile
Ladies I'm here this evening to ask for prayers. My DH's sister, his twin called him this evening and told him she has been told she has bladder cancer. It's stage 3. She's 62, and she's going to try the radiation and chemo. If it doesn't get it, than she'll have the surgery to remove the bladder. She sound pretty positive, her name is Pam. They will be starting all of this the 1st. of Jan. She lives in Ill. and we are hopeing that the weather will be good enough for us to get up there. If she needs the surgery, she'll go to St. Louis Mo. I told DH that I would ask you all to pray, I know the power of all your prayers can be a mircle. Thank you all for being the wonderful sisters you are, that we can come here and know the prayers will be going out. Will keep you informed as we hear how things are going. Sending lots of Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  9:32:23 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I always say I will just peek in but won't post and let the other sisters get a word in, but I must answer your post tonight. Of course Pam will be in my prayers along with you and your husband. I just wanted to tell you that one of my classmates had prostate cancer that then spread to his bladder he had the chemo and radiation and he has been cancer free for 10 years. Please try not to worry--she will be ok. Believe. My mother had colon cancer and is cancer free. It is amazing what they(doctors) can do. I even have a friend who has survived lung cancer. I wish I were as confident about my brother, but I just know how onery he is and I don't think he is going to go the feeding tube route. A lot depends on what one has to live for and if one has family and friends for support.I am so sorry. Many hugs back to you.

A big farmgirl hug from
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Relientkrazy
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Connie Jo
Portland OR
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  10:26:45 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, my prayers are with you, your hubby and Pam. Nothing is more powerful than prayer. May God give you his strength.

Love and hugs!

Connie Jo
Farmgirl 3640

Edited by - Relientkrazy on Nov 21 2011 10:32:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  04:25:15 AM  Show Profile
brenda--prayers and blessings are sent for you and your SIL and DH. i pray for an easy course of treatment and a cure so complete it surprises everyone. chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  04:34:14 AM  Show Profile
Glenda and Connie Jo thank you so much for the prayers. If not for prayers we would get no where. I truely believe in miracles. With her up attitude I believe she will kick this. She knows the Lord and I'm sure he's staying close by her. Glenda, your brother is always in my prayers. Let's just pray that he realizes he has someone or something to keep him fighting this. My daddy died from brain cancer, soon to be 6 yrs. Bless his heart he with through all the treatments and it was looking good. Than the dang stuff started growing again. He was soon to turn 87 and I just think his little body just couldn't go on. He chose to not take anymore treatment. By that time, I told him that it was ok. That I'd take care of him and make him comfortable. Those are times in my life I would do nothing different. He was my life right then. I'd lean down and tell him I love him so much and give him a kiss, and he'd look up at me and try to say he loved me, even though all I could understand was youuuuuu. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make this a downer, it's just the holidays coming and I just picture him at his last Christmas with us. I miss him so much. But I'm certain that he is in a much better place. Sooooooo, What are all you ladies planning to do today? I'm heading back to the sewing machine again. So have a good and blessed day! Hugs,Brenda

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  05:57:40 AM  Show Profile
dear brenda,
my prayers are with you and your family.
this is a sad time of year for me-my dh loved the holidays and with him gone it just seems really long..
loved the pictures of the granddaughter. always wished i had learned to sew at an early age. my first grade babysitter taught me to crochet as a way of keeping me still (doesn't really work) i still have a potholder she made me all these years later. She also taught me to love tea. We had a cup of tea and egg salad sandwiches everyday after school.
I love to do crafts of all sorts, quilt, sew, crochet, crossstitch, beadwork etc. am trying to learn how to cook. I use to love to cook but about 6 years ago i had a couple of accidents in the kitchen where my dh had to take me to the emergency room for stitches and after the 2nd time, he took over the cooking. i didn't cook for 5 years or so and now since it is just me, it is hard to get into the mood to do a lot of cooking (too many leftovers). since i have 4 furbabies that live in the house with me, i don't feel comfortable offering the food to anyone else. well, better get back to work! work is the only place i have access to a computer..
all of you are in my prayers for this holiday week!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  06:56:00 AM  Show Profile
Janiee I know how you feel, there are a lot of us out here trying to cook for one. In MaryJaneFarm Special Recipe Issue she has a lot of the recipes broken down for 2, or 1 with leftovers (2 meals). I just got it and am going to try some of them. Have tried her bakeovers and they are good and simple. I guess I am also in that group that sort of dreads the holidays.

A big farmgirl hug from
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  07:26:19 AM  Show Profile
Glenda and Janie, Thats what I hear mom saying. Food just isn't an interest to her anymore. Cooking for one is hard, and then when she gets it all fixed, she doesn't want to sit down by herself to eat. It concerns me that she doesn't eat enough. So at her last dr. visit I mentioned it and he said if she eats just one good meal and snacks for the other two, she'll be ok. Glenda is the special recipe issue a magazine or is it on-line? Would love to get that for mom. When you have time, could you share with me how to find it. Janie, maybe if you cook up a pot of stew, soups and divid it up and freeze some, than you'd have meals ready to just pull out of the freezer. Just a idea. Have a good day everyone. It's really gray skies today. Need to go find something productive to do around here. Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  07:42:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

I am sorry I am so far behind.

Judy I am sorry to hear about your Aunt. We recieved news last night that my DH's aunt Bev has stage 4 cancer. She beat breast cancer but the cancer
returned in her brain and her back. They are making her comfortable. Then we got another call, sometimes you do not want to answer the phone, my DH's uncle is in the VA hospital.
He has been on dialysis for about 7 years. He has an infection in the stint they think but are not sure. He told his wife he is tired of fighting.
He has basially given up and they do not expect him to last the week.So I will pray for you Juday and your family. Please keep us in prayer as well.

Glenda I will keep your brother in my prayes. I do not know what I would decide if it were me. I can understand is wanting to have some quality of life.

Penny Prissy is so cute. We aquired a dog that way as well. Silly dog but very loving.

Judy I am with you on the rushrush/crazycrazy thing. We go for a very relaxed holiday season around my house. I tell my family if they don't like it they can cook next year.
Funny none of them have offered. LOL

Claudia that was just wonderful about your dad. You were trully blessed to have dad like that. Such great memories to pass on to his gkigs.

Penny You need someone to come and do all your cooking and cleaning and just let you do your craft thing. Put them people to work. My mama taught me that if you are invited to someones house,
you offer to help out. They are not there to wait on you. They were nice enough to invite you. You help!!! {{Hugs to you.}} You have more give than I do.
Even my DD's boyfriend offered to help make dinner one day. He went to the pantry got the patatos, washed tnem and cut them up for the roast. I think he is a keeper. What do you think?

Debra tell hubby happy belated birthday.

Janie welcome. jump right on in.

Angela hi I am looking forward to the day I get to be more than a backyard farmer. I think my neighbors are too. LOL

Donna hi and welcome. It is kind of odd when the children are all grown and you can be you again. I found I had a name and it wasn't (insert kids name)'s mom.

Darlys you didn't pack a poolboy? what were you thinking?

Brenda {{Hugs}} and prayers to you your DH and his sister. I am stopping to pray right now. Ok I am back. I will keep you and your DH and his sister in my prayers.

I think I have read through everyones posts. I think I am cought up. LOL! LOL! I am glad to have all of you to share the joys and the sarrows with.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  08:10:16 AM  Show Profile
Brenda and Glenda- I am praying for both of your families. I lost a husband to stage 4 lung and bone cancer and am my sis-in-law just finished breast cancer treatments. It is hard to see someone going through this and you never quite know what to say or do. I have a dear friend (another breast cancer survivor) that encouraged me as I supported my sis-in-law. She gave me all the "heads-up" on the typical needs and told me what kind of help she would need. She let me know what things were important to her, so it made it so much easier for me to cope and help my sis-in-law. My husband had a sense of humor and good wonderful outlook on his life, knowing he only had a matter of months. I think at times, he was more support to me than I was to him. But the support is important for everyone, including the caregivers. I don't believe there is anyone today that has not been close to someone stricken with horrible disease. Even the support members of families and close circles need support. This is a wonderful place to find that support. I am here for those that need anything. I hope I can be support to you.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  08:40:16 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for all the prayers. I can just feel the farmgirl hugs. I just have warm fuzzies today, I can't remember a sincere, caring and loving group of ladies to share joys and sorrow with, until I became a Farmgirl. Thank you all for excepting me as your sister. Dianne sending prayers for you DH's uncle. Don't you think that it's really normal that after so much time they are comfortable in moving on. For them it is a blessing. We are the one's that want to keep them here. But when you look them in the eyes and they tell you, I'm to tired to keep this going. Well all you can do is pray for a peaceful journey. I do believe that the Christmas holidays brings back alot of our joyful memories. Thank the Lord we have them. Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  08:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning Ladies,

Wanting to jump in really quickly, that is after my side quits hurting from laughing so hard...

Darlys, I am with you on the love you's, they are used to much by some, but I also have a special place in my heart and really mean the I love you to all of my farmgirl sisters here. You all are such an important part of my life now. I thank God everyday for bringing ya'll into my life. Oh and I promise I did loose my bathing suit....since I see I wasn't in any of your suitcases, I was hoping you had left me in Maui, but then I woke up and noticed I was in this dark cold place...and started kicking to get out...and boom there I was back on the mainland...but wow what a wonderful vacation, thank you for letting me tag along. (but more than anything thank you for your wonderful post, you make me laugh and when I say love ya, I mean it) I'm having my tea instead of helping clean, sorry, but that flight wore me out...and I didn't get any of the nuts...dang Glenda is a pig, not only did she have the food but the pool boy too...and wouldn't share.

Ruby V, I am with you, I think we all have done the dishwasher thing at least once in our life time...lol so good to see ya here..

Welcome Janiee, Angela, and Donna Doje, to the best place on the net....Farmgirls over age 50 is the group that has the greatest woman in the world. We laugh, cry, give advice, take advice, share, whine and oh so much more here, but most of all we really care for each other...so jump right in

Glenda, I wanted one of those Pool boys too, but didn't think DH would like it so much...Oh and I heard that after 6 months they would let you come back to Maui, but you will be on probation. I told you not to do that, but would you listen, oh no...bet ya will next time, or maybe not...you seem to have the most fun...maybe I should have joined you, and take the chance to be kicked out too...

Janiee, I'm sorry for the loss of your DH...I hope you love it here like the rest of us...We are here anytime you need to vent about your sister....dang family can be tough sometimes...we all have those (PAINS) in our families.

Brenda, I so understand how it is to have no one around you to share your love of crafts...I am also glad to have my sisters here to share my love of crafting. I will put DH's sister on my prayer list for sure. I hope that everything works out for the good. It's important that she is positive, that will help a lot.

Chris, thank you for the quote, you are so right, we would like it...I am so glad you have told us what you do, now I have someone to ask all those questions that I can't find answers to. I am going to see if I can find that book in our library. I'm glad that you are the type of person that likes teaching and not throwing...plants at people...lol..isn't that what ya said..thanks for sharing with us.

Dianne ID, I like my slower cooker too...I used it this year to make pear butter...so easy and wow it was so good....but I got to disagree with you, Claudia needs to keep all that snow...or at least if she wants to share please keep it above the GA state line...I love fresh milk too. I grew up on it and that is one of the things I really miss, oh and fresh butter too...So glad to hear the good news about Logan...bless his little heart.. Isn't the pups that just show up the sweetest things, maybe they are smarter than we know...they went out looking for the place that would love and care for them...I wish I had someone that would come take over....my friend that is coming is bringing a couple of things, but she gets into having so much fun and forgets sometimes that stuff still has to get done...not always but most the time...lol...I think you DD's BF is a keeper,...bless his heart for helping out. This year I think I will give everyone something to do before they get into their (fun drinking)... because after that starts they don't give a hoot about much...

Patty, I sure hope you get some rest sista...bless ya...sounds like you are going to have a very full house. I love the pics of your granddaughter, that is so sweet of you teaching her to sew. I want to see if I can find the pic of my Momma's last few months where she was showing my nieces how to fix the baby blanket she had made her when she was born. It was hard for her to sit up during this time but she wanted to make sure to leave the girls that memory. Yea I was only 8 when my Dad died, but lucky to have my Momma until she was 70, but today that is still young. Momma had COPD and Dad died of a heart attach..I'm sorry you lost your grandmother but so happy you still have both your parents....
You sure have been through a lot yourself, loosing a husband to stage 4 cancer...bless you.

Betty, Isn't it great when the kids and grands pick up the crafting and sewing? But don't it just put a warm spot in your heart that they love to read...reading is one of the most important things in life..it helps in so many areas of our lives sometimes the kids just don't get that.

I am sure I have missed someone and missed some important parts of your posts please forgive it for that, hopefully I will get my act together soon, I'm off to sew and finish my barters...I did get my DD's scarf finished last night, now just 3 more to do...and Christmas is creeping up fast...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  10:33:23 AM  Show Profile
I feel so loved! thanks for all the messages and Glenda - what a great idea about mary jane's book. i went home and lunch and brought it back to work with me to look at during break. I also found a copy of mary janes magazine #10 volume 1 - emotional currency and it has recipes for shortcut breads and soups. I love to eat bread and soup when it is cold! now it has to get cold its only 60 here today and you would not believe how many people are wearing heavy coats. and I wish I could have been on the vacation too! sounds like it was wonderful in Maui! :)
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  11:32:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear, I fear Holly is still in Honolulu.

Janiee - we will be sure you are in the suitcase next trip. Mark the calendar - Sunday after Thanksgiving 2012!

Glenda -- naughty, naughty. You were not supposed to bring back anything native to Maui ... that includes pool boys! I think it was Penny who said you can go back in 6 months but you'll probably be on probation. However, with this new (pool boy) development - I think you will have to wait about a year. I MIGHT pack you again in 2012. Okay, you are too cute to leave behind ... we are going the Sunday after Thanksgiving ... so it's possible we will all just lie around burping. Oh, and it's just Maui where you are on restriction ... the other islands haven't felt the impact of your wild side yet. Whew!

Brenda - prayers for your sister-in-law Pam and your whole family. Please keep us informed as to how she is doing. Her faith will strengthen her as she goes through this. I know it's hard, especially when you have recently (and 6 years is recent) lost a loved one. You are not a downer - you are brave and compassionate. Know we are all here for your family.

Janiee - we are here for you, too, as you adjust your life to go forward in a different way. Glenda is a pillar of understanding about going it alone. And we pray for peace for you during this holiday season.

Patty, you have had far too much sadness due to cancer. I love you, gf.

My mother died from cancer as well. She had breast cancer and, although she had a mastectomy, it spread and took her when she was 68. That was a bit over 25 years ago now. She was a fighter but not tough enough to beat it. So much more can be done now. I also have a cousin and SIL who are survivors.

Somehow, it seems the holidays are also a time when emotionally charged tough times are rampant. Dianne, I'm also so sorry to hear of your husband's aunt's cancer and his uncle. My prayers are with your family, too.

One prayer answered - a smile on your face when you told us of your DD's boyfriend doing KP. Yes, keeper!
Oh, lest I forget. I couldn't pack a pool boy. As I told Glenda - you're not supposed remove anything "native" from any of the islands. She ignored me, - I'm sure glad that the TSA didn't check the bag she was in! (Of, course, Glenda would have figured something out - so she wouldn't have to let the boy go.)

Chris - thank you for your recommendation of Noah's Garden. I'm putting it on my Christmas wish list. You are the sort of person we all wish were in the garden shops and nurseries. My last trip was for some fertilizer ... can you believe the little girl working there said "fertilizer???" I'm pretty sure I was pronouncing it correctly. Maybe it was her first day on the job. Thank you, also, for the Dalai Lama quote. That really is inspirational. I'm copying it into my "Thoughts" book. And, by the way, it sounds like you are an honest to gosh artist - cool.

We stopped in a sports bar for a bite to eat at the Kahalui airport and caught a bit of a (football) game being played in a pretty significant snow storm in Washington. Claudia - it's pretty to watch from a warm place. You bundle up, gf, and let Jack Frost nip someone else's nose. I guess the skiers are up for it though. Dianne sounds ready for it, too.

Penny, a cup of comfort to you as you think of your father.
Now, now, gf. Your bathing suit wasn't under the bed - and I'm pretty sure I told you not to skinny dip - but I'm betting it's on the beach anyway. I'm so glad you had a good time ... now wipe that chocolate off your chin. Granny Darlys knows what you've been into!

Take care of that back, gf. Make a list of chores and tasks. Cut it into strips and let your houseguests and hubby draw their duties from a hat. They can swap, but the hat has to be empty.

Patty - so glad you enjoyed Ruby's Diner. GF, if you'd only gotten a to-go box and shared with the others, there may have been some choc-mac-nut candy left when we touched down at SFO. Now, how in the world do you do all you do? (Your feet must be killing you!) Don't you have a cold on top of everything? Azalea's pictures are great. She looks so serious. What a doll!

Hi Betty - you are in high gear for sure! I'm headed to Whole Paycheck now for the turkey I ordered. I haven't gotten much quilting done lately as there have been too many other things on the agenda. And, although I also am an avid reader -- I have to admit that for quite a while now I haven't picked up more than magazines - even while on vacation. The weather guessers say the front in the north is moving our way and will be here tomorrow. I'm not sure what Oakhurst will get... rain or snow. We will only get rain here in Cupertino. It's chilly ... might make it into the 60s today as the day wears on.

GFs - I have to get on with today. So much to do that I better stop and take 10 to pray. I do pray that you all have blessings in abundance this weekend. I'll look forward to hearing as I (like so many others) will probably just jump on to read - and off again.

Love you all so much. Happiness, Peace, Laughter and Blessings at Thanksgiving.

God Bless - and

Chocolate Kisses ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Nov 22 2011 11:36:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  12:10:59 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, it is a magazine which comes with the Get Acquainted Sampler for about $22. This is in the Pantry Section. You get the
magazine,budget mix and several of the dried foods which are pretty tasty. You can also go to the library and buy just the magazine (issue 8) for $10.99. I really do like the product and I;m not just sayin that cuz MJ might be listening in
Hope this helps...all this is online-just go to MJF home page and navigate from there.
I'm coming down with a cold - don't ya just love it when someone obviously sick gives you a big hug and says in your ear ""I don't think I am contagious" then sure nuff..3 days later

A big farmgirl hug from
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 22 2011 12:13:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  3:54:15 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad I didn't fall out of the suitcase on the way home, Darlys. I tried to be very quiet and just whispered. Luckily nobody told any really funny stories because sometimes when I get to laughing I can't stop. Then I can get pretty loud.

Welcome Janie, Angela and Donna. I am so glad you are with us. This is the best place to be. I have found the best friends here ever. If I miss spending time with you all it leaves a big hole in my day, I really treasure your friendship. I think being able to share ourselves with each other has made such a special bond between us and that is why I feel so much love. I want to wish all of you a very special Thanksgiving this year. I know that I am very thankful for all of you.

Chris, I like the quote from your cousin by the Dali Lama. So much truth to it. I had an uncle who lived his whole life worrying about money and what he was going to do. He died. And he never "lived."
Thanks for recommending the book Noah's Garden. I'm going to get that for Christmas.

Brenda, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's sister. I am praying tht the radiation and chemo will work out for her. I am praying for your family also.

Diane, I will keep your Aunt Bev in my prayers, too. Prayer is so important and so powerful. God listens and gives us strength, comfort and peace as we all go through these difficult times.

Hugs and a good evening to all,

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  4:21:21 PM  Show Profile
Good evening. I am going to get on here while I have a chance. Funny thing, I think of you ladies all day long. I hope you are all doing well. Rained here all day. Couldn't get a lick of rain all summer long and now it doesn't want to stop. My trip to the coops was wet and muddy. My daughter did my grocery shopping today! Woohoo. I didn't have to get out and go. I wished she lived close enough to always do my shopping.

I had to chuckle today. This is a conversation I heard between my daughter Jessica, and her 2 oldest little girls.
Daisy - Mom, Azalea won't let me watch Tv
Jessica - Azalea, why won't you let your sister watch TV?
Azalea- Because she spat on me.
Jessica - What kind of a kid uses the word "spat"? Are you 50 yrs old?
I still chuckle about it. :)

I made some Spiced Mocha mix today. I put it in little zipper bags and labeled it . I then put a couple bags in cups to use as gifts. And I must say... the coffee is delicious! I will definitely keep some on hand for myself. I will share the recipe below. And here is the link. http://doit101.com/Foodrink/Jar%20Recipes/Jarrecipes.html It has the tag you can download. I just tossed the ingredients into a clean 16 oz cottage cheese container, put the lid on it and shook it until I thought it was mixed well.

Spiced Mocha Mix
1/2 cup powdered coffee cream
1/2 cup cocoa mix
1/3 cup instant coffee
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add mixture to pint sized jelly jars and add a Gift Tag.
Directions for Use: Add 2 Tablespoons of Mixture for every 1 cup of hot water.

My granddaughter Lily will be perfectly concealed with her new camo overalls.

Darlys - My feet do kill me, and I am pretty sure I have an issue going on with one of them. I sure do whine alot about it. But usually only to my hubby, Dalous. And Azalea was very serious....lol. She would much rather use the serger than the sewing machine. One of the pictures is of the manual beside the machine. She had let the thread escape the needle and she resorted to the manual instead of asking me for help in re-threading. She managed just fine. :)

Betty - I figure if Azalea does not sew when she is older... at least she has these memories. I think that is most important.

Janiee- My husband is away from home quite a bit. So, I buy the box of 6 oz. frozen, individually packaged, steaks at GFS or Sam's. I just put one of them on the George Foreman, bake a potato and eat with corn or green beans . Makes a wonderful meal for just me. :)

Dianne - I am praying for your family. That is alot for a family to go through this time of year.

Glenda - It is that time of year...I am still fighting a cold. I hope you and I get over it quickly!

Everyone have a good evening, a peaceful night and wonderful week.

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Nov 22 2011 4:25:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  7:16:53 PM  Show Profile
Ok, one more post tonight. I just gotta share this video. It is beautiful. And here are the lyrics to the song as well.
Thanksgiving Song - Mary Chapin Carpenter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NSQLMPUK-8&feature=share

Grateful for each hand we hold
Gathered round this table.
From far and near we travel home,
Blessed that we are able.

Grateful for this sheltered place
With light in every window,
Saying “welcome, welcome, share this feast
Come in away from sorrow.”

Father, mother, daughter, son,
Neighbor, friend and friendless;
All together everyone in the gift of loving-kindness.

Grateful for what’s understood,
And all that is forgiven;
We try so hard to be good,
To lead a life worth living.

Father, mother, daughter, son,
Neighbor, friend, and friendless;
All together everyone, let grateful days be endless.

Grateful for each hand we hold
Gathered round this table.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  7:34:38 PM  Show Profile
I know there are quite a few of you on here, but I would like to join in and visit with you, if it is okay. I am 52, married for 30 years to my bestfriend, mother of one- a daughter, and grandmother to two- a grandson, Sean, age two and a granddaughter, London, 4 1/2 months.

I have enjoyed reading all of your conversations. The sudsy dishwasher stories remind me of a time when my husband, Greg, and I went on an anniversary trip. I rented a hotel room with a double jacuzzi. I bought this bubble stuff to put in it (not smart). Before long it looked like snow and it was piling up higher and higher. So much for a romantic evening, I spent a very long time trying to get rid of all the bubbles.

Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  9:29:22 PM  Show Profile
Cathy we would love to have you join in. Just adds to the fun! I can just imagine what all the bubbles looked like coming out of the jacuzzi. haha Glenda and Patty hope that both of you get rid of those colds, they just wear a person down. Patty, also thanks for the spiced mocha mix, sounds yummy. Would make great gifts. Thanks Glenda for guiding me to the magazine. Mom will love it. Well heading to bed, got a busy day tomorrow. Brenda

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  05:21:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. We are having a nice rain storm this morning with thunder and lightening. Mr. Kitty poked his head outside and decided he would rather stay inside where it is warm and cozy.

I am sitting here with my cup of coffee thinking how many of us have been touched by cancer. My daugter is just about to hit her 5 th year since her breast cancer operation. She has come a long way since then but what a life changing event it has been for her. There was no family history of cancer so it was quite a surprise when she found out she had it. She was not taking care of herself at all and since then has changed her diet and slowed down a lot. In a way the cancer woke her up because she would not listen to anything I said about eating good food instead of fast food and sweets all day. Now she exercises and eats much better. So I keep you ladies and your loved ones in my prayers.

Patty I had to laugh at what your granddaughter said. Kids say such funny things. I still remember some of things my granddaughters say and get such a laugh.
Thank you for the recipe. It looks like it will be delicious. I will try it today since it is raining.
I loved seeing the pictures of Azalea sewing. It reminded me of my GD, Kari, sewing. She is the only GD of mine that really wanted to learn when I tried to teach the girls. She isn't sewing now but knows how to and I think in later years she will take it up. She's the one who wants lots of kids and likes all the family to get together. I think your GD wrapped those dish clothes so nicely, too.

Take care of yourself and especially your feet. You have been doing so much. I think you are a wonder woman myself. I really admire all that you do. Such wonderful ideas and you inspire me with your re-use of things.

Welcome Cathy. Very happy to have you join us. This is the best place in the world to be for great friendship, laughs as you can see, and sharing of ourselves. You will find a lot of comfort here. Lots of humor, inspiration, and information.

My 3 granddaughter are home this week so my DD can have fun going shopping. The youngest is now a vegan so she doesn't eat any dairy or animal products. Her oldest daughter and herself are vegetarians so they eat dairy. Her middle daughter will eat chicken and her DH eats everything. LoL I imagined shopping for milk. DH wants 2%, DD #1 & #2 want soy and youngest DD wants almond milk. Bread DH wants french, DD #1 & 2 want whole wheat and youngest ???. I can see my daughter finally saying, "That's it! Everybody make their own food and we will meet at the table!" I think they are going out to some restaurant for Thanksgiving. It will probably be a Sushi place. This is all fairly new. When I was in CA, we were still having a traditional Thanksgiving dinner and that was only 3 years ago. I wonder if it had anything to do with the California colleges.

I am still going to be finishing up on some Christmas gifts today and getting started on tomorrows dinner. There will just be the two of us so we have a very small turkey. I wish all of you a wonderful day today. Stay warm if you are living in the cold places. Even with the rain here we are in the 70's. We only have a few trees changing color so we do not get to enjoy those beautiful sights of the autumn colors.

Hugs,

Nancy

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  05:23:30 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the song, Patty. And for the lyrics.

Please excuse my misspellings. I wish there was a spell check. I make a lot of errors because I am typing so fast.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  05:44:51 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, I have solo much to get caught up on here! And, I look forward to getting caught up with your lives, and meeting any new ladies! Wanted to say thank you for your prayers and support!! At long, very long, last, my daughters sil is in the hosp getting the help she needs. She cannot be released until the drs feel she is stable and ok again. They think a month at the very least . So, life is beginning to get ba ck to some normalcy, thankfully. Thank you all again so much! Well, I hope each of you have a great am! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  07:16:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Brenda yes I think it is normal. It is still hard. We have known for a while that both my DH's aunt and uncle would not last long.
I don't think it makes it any easier. My prayers are with everyone who is walking through this vally with someone they love.

Darlys is there room for me in your suitcase next year. You all had way too much fun and I want a pool boy of my own. Glenda wont share.
Ok Penny you are right, my DH probably would not like the pool boy either. Can I at least watch him clean the pool?

Thank you for your prayers. DH's aunt knows the Lord and she is at peace. I am not sure about his uncle.We are all praying for him.

Patty She is adorable. Camo is her color.

Thanks for sharing the lyrics to the song. They are a wonderful reminder.

Cathy Welcome to the group. They are a strong, loving, and encouraging buch. Jump right on in. Please leave the bubble stuff at home. LOL

Linda thank you for keeping us in the loop on your DD's SIL. I will keep her in my prayers. It sounds like her recovery is going to be a long.

Thank you all for your prayers for my DH's aunt and uncle. It is hard for him because they are the last two siblings of his mother. He lost the first aunt several years ago.
His mother and grandmother (their mother) two years ago about 3 months apart. All of your prayers are greatly apprecited. I will share them with him.

I hope and pray that all of you will take a minute tomorrow and just enjoy the moment. No matter if you are with a lot of people or just a few be trully thankfull.

Blessings and a Happy Thanksgiving.

Dianne(ID)
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  09:27:49 AM  Show Profile
Quick note
Welcome Cathy but we're not sharing the pool boys--you would probably lose them in all those bubbles. Patty I had the same trouble with my feet, got to where I could only wear those unattractive orthopedic shoes and had trouble walking when I first got out of bed - guess what fixed the problem -- stayed off them as much as possible--cut way down on the weekend guest list and used the time with my feet on the ottoman rather than the floor. Over time my feet and ankles got well. You really need to try this, gf.

A big farmgirl hug from
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page