darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  10:58:37 AM  Show Profile
Was on just to read but I guess I'm going to chat for just a little bit. Have to say - thank you, God, for prayers answered that Linda's DD's SIL is getting help.

Also, to give a great big Chocolate Macadamia Nut Candy Kiss welcome to Cathy. We've got you now, gf! And, from the sound of it (hmmm, sudsy jacuzzi - good, clean fun) you are already a great, seasoned, gf.

Everyone, I apologize for Glenda. She is very possessive when it comes to the pool boys. You would think she would share (since she got hers illegally) but - nooooo. She has the poor thing waiting on her hand and foot ... and heaven only knows what else! But we humor her because we love her so much. I'm betting, by now, the pool boy does, too.

Glenda - I'm sorry you are coming down with a cold. I'd say take good care of yourself, my precious gf, but I'm fairly certain you already have the pool boy doing that, too. (Seriously, prayers are here for you.)

Dianne ... absolutely! There will be room in the suitcases for you! But you have to promise to not behave yourself. After all - we've got standards! And your family is being kept in prayer.

Patty ... thank you for the song lyrics. They are lovely. I enjoy Mary Chapin Carpenter's music, too. She first snagged me years ago with "I Feel Lucky."

Lily is so adorable. So chic in camo! Grandma made the outfit, did she? And "spat?" -- Azalea is my dream GD! Give me a girl who says "spat" anyday! Love it!!! Daisy is funny, too, getting her sister riled enough to not let her watch TV - but "spat?"

Oh, and thanks from me, too, for the spiced mocha mix recipe. I'm going to whip up a batch to take to Oakhurst for the weekend. It's going to be in the 40s & 50s there - and we will have a houseful (again. ). I know that 6 or 7 out of 8 of the adults will like it and possibly one kid.

Oh, Nancy ... I love your description of the vegans, the vegetarians, and the carnivores. I will have one vegetarian at the table tomorrow. Ryan is somewhat easier to feed than his brother (who will be here the week preceding Christmas) who is a vegan.

I actually enjoy rain, thunder, lightning (in moderation). We don't get a lot of that here. Had some in Oakhurst. You stay cozy and warm, gf.

I've got to get off -- I can spend a half a day here lovin' you gfs. But I do have a table to clear and get ready for tomorrow ... and some last minute grocery shopping.

Again, enjoy your Thanksgivings ... and count Blessings (everyday).

Chocolate Kisses ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  11:56:36 AM  Show Profile
Okay Ladies....I turned 50 this past July.....and seems like I am feeling every ache and pain of it.....help me see that it is really a blessing....

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  12:05:44 PM  Show Profile
Starletta it's so nice to see you here. Haven't seen you posting too much. Hope all is going well for you. Sweetie, I'll be 60 next year and I'm not going to let it take me down. It's only a #, If you keep your spirit and attitude going and just enjoy life, Who cares how old we are. I'm not saying that I don't ache in the morning, but shoot, I can always find something to have fun at and things to make me laugh. It's said, " If you believe you can, You will. " And I know you can. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  12:20:50 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for making me feel so welcomed and Darly I do love chocolate kisses.

Nancy, my daughter was a vegetarian for about five years, but when she met her now husband she slowly started eating meat again. I guess he didn't like eating meat alone.

Patty, I love your grandaughter's names. I have never heard Azalea for a name, but I think it is great. Do all of them like flowers?

I have been busy today doing just what I want and having a great time. It is sunny and in the mid 60s here; a beautiful day.

I hope each of you has a Happy Thanksgiving.

Oh, I won't ask anyone to share the pool boy, maybe next time
Cathy

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  2:12:24 PM  Show Profile
Hello girlfriends----don't tell me Pinterest is a waste of time-- see how educational it is-- We're going to need this tomorrow

A big farmgirl hug from
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 23 2011 3:38:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  2:21:36 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like all of you are in various stages of Thanksgiving preparation. Our Thanksgiving was Monday when Nikki(DD), her husband and kids were here from Florida. They are having dinner tomorrow with Jeremy's family. DH works the rest of this week and they fly out at 6 am Saturday. It was a good visit.We have always had thanksgiving on one day around the official day, and I was so afraid we weren't. Christmas is going to be another thing though.It will be my son, Mom, Dan & me then. Adjustments all over the place. So...as I am cooking bones for soup...you are just getting things on the table.

I appreciated all the comments about holidays without my Dad, & there are many of us who have lost a spouse or another family member. Janie I'm sorry for your loss. The holidays are the worst times it seems for missing those we love.

Brenda, I'm sorry to hear about your SIL Pam. I have several friends who had cancerous implants removed from the bladder and they did very well. Hopefully, it will be the same for Pam.

Betty...I need to wash my carpets now..after the holidays. I hat shampooing carpets. It takes awhile for them to dry. I always swear I am going to do them every summer, when no one is dragging mud, leaves, snow etc into the foyer etc. Good luck to you.

Ruby, I laughed myself silly when I read about your dishwasher fiasco. So sorry that I had fun at your expense. It reminded me of I Love Lucy episodes where bread escaped the oven, cupcakes?? went too fast down the conveyor belt. I've had bubbles coming out my washing machine as I forgot I had added soap.Oh well...clean floors!

Mom was out for Thanksgiving and a few memories were shared about the good old days.I have some of Mom's stories, but she has forgotten alot. I have several of those blank journals that I think I will fill with what she has told me. There are also stories I need to recount about my own 66 years. I've seen the "Grandmother" books that have leading questions, but I think I want to write our stories and even those about my kids when they were young. They always loved me telling them of some of their die-does. I must write those down before I too forget. Have any of you considered doing that yet?

Well, have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and make sure you have your nap after the big dinner.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  2:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Glenda...love the scale. I'm using mine that way tomorrow. If I don't like the number, I will add it to the thrift box. Thanks for sharing. I have copied some x-stitch patterns from there... am going to start them next week. Well...blessings again.

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  2:38:15 PM  Show Profile
Glenda so glad you found out the secret to the scales. From now on I'll be doing it right. I'll have to tell the dr. next time he wants me to weigh in, that's he's doing it wrong. And he thinks he's educated. Can't out smart a farmgirl. Happy Thanksgiving!

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  6:30:59 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,
I just finished reading page 132 and need to respond to some of the conversations.

Geez, we haven't had a dishwasher since I was a child. Well, I have children and I do try to decide if a dishwasher or the children are more ecologically sound. The children think the dishwasher is a better idea than they are when it comes to dishes. They ask who is going to do the dishes when they are all gone and I tell them then I will get a dishwasher. We are having problems with one of my washing machines now leaking during the spin cycle and like the dishwasher the soap suds oooze out onto the floor. The repair man has been here three times for the problem and each time he does fix something but ooze it does. I am so glad I have another machine.

My daughter has used Nair recently instead of shaving and I tell her to put it away up high so no one washes their heads with it. I guess that would be a little more drastic than using dish soap in the dishwasher. lol

when I make yogurt I make a gallon and a half at a time. I heat it up on the stove to 170 degrees or so and then let it cool to 116 degrees. I put it in a crock with a cover and add a cup of yogurt with live cultures. I put the cover on and put it behind the woodstove to grow. In the sumnmer I put it in the oven that I had preheated and turned off to 170 degrees. It is the lowest my oven will heat. Now that is not working to turn the yogurt. I liked making it in the oven because I did not need to rely on the woodstove being on. A neighbor makes hers in a mason jar wrapped in a heating pad.

There is a cheesemaking book that has the particulars of they yogurt and a lot of other cheeses. I am learning to make soft cheeses now. They are fun tomake. Here is the web site for the company I use for supplies. http://www.cheesemaking.com/

Darlys I am glad I got to ride in the carry on and that I looked out the window, you know I have motion sickness. The others would not have liked to have traveled in such tight quarters with me as I heaved. You are always so kind and thoughtful when we travel.

Donna I grew up in Massachusetts. When I was young it was north of Boston and from highschool it was west of Greenfield. I am not sure where Monson is but a stab would be somewhere near Amherst. I went to UMASS Amherst.

Angela I do not know where Stark is but it can't be too far from me because New England is not that big an area.

We have wild turkey sometimes too. The dogs keep them away mostly.. Sometimes I find a feather when I walk in the fields. I want to say there are two turkey seasons here. A person can only take Jakes with beards. It is strange to call it a beard because it is like a long feather hanging down from the middle of its chest. I do not know whether it is really a feather because I have never seen one up close.

there are people around here who go up to Canada to hunt moose and only bring back the haunches becuase it is easier to fly with them What a waste. I agree that if you shoot it you should eat all of it.

I never thought anyone would have to buy milkweed. I grows wild all over the place around here.

Well, we finally have our snow in time for opening weekend at the ski areas. We received about ten inches. It is lovely. The trees are wearing dresses with flunces of white. The interminable gray of the forest is softened with the bright freshness of the snow. It is a great wet snow. Wonderful for snow balls and snow men. Enough now for snow angels. Deep enough so it will not disappear during the day.

We had ham steaks and scalloped cheesey potatoes for supper. It it seems like we are having pork often it is because we are. I am trying to eat out one of the freezers because this batchof pigs are done in in two weeks. Pigs are fun but I will be glad not to have to keep them in water and feed with the snow on the ground.

Sweet dreams to you all.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  7:05:15 PM  Show Profile
Hello Gals! First, a great big Welcome to Cathy and Starletta. I know that name from a thread awhile back.Haven't seen you in a loooong while Starletta! Cathy, London is a real "Baby-Doll!" Loved the pics. I also loved the tiny cabin you and DH stayed in....you 2 were brave. hahahaha You'll either get along or choke each other!
Well, Mama went to her sisters funeral in W.Va. yesterday, but I stayed behind in her apt. because she had a recliner being delivered from JC Penny. Lucky for me DH was off too because WE had an infra-red,quartz fireplace being delivered at the same time. ~~whew~~
So my Uncle took her down and she said Aunt Gertrude looked really nice. Poor Mama was allll in after that journey. But she got to see a lot of relatives she hadn't seen in ages. I'm glad for that.
Well, I want all of my Buds on here to have a wonderful, Blessed Thanksgiving. You all are very special to me in so many ways. You've made my days a little happier, made me realize that life can have it's ins and outs & ups and downs, BUT still be warmer&fuzzier because of "Friends...GalPals....Sisters!" Thank You All!
So...Be Safe, Be Thankful and DON'T gobble til ya wobble!(you can sneak back to the table and fill a plate after an hour or so)hahahaha
Love Ya Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  8:01:02 PM  Show Profile
Happy thanksgiving everyone. Welcome to our new friends. Guess what. A 9 foot Christmas tree just fits into a 9 foot tall room. No room for a star or angel on the top. Now how am I going to fix that? The tree is beautiful, but I will need to get my ladder out to decorate it. :0) Got this beauty on sale after the holidays last year. Do your gals have artifical or real trees? Got my quilts finished today. Just have to cut and sew the backing for the latest one. That should take about an hour or so, and then off to the machine quilter.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  8:16:32 PM  Show Profile
Good evening. Waiting for everyone but my oldest son to arrive. Hubby, Jake and his twin's GF are on their way in from Ohio...about 2 hours out. Jessica is in St Louis picking up Jake's twin John coming in from SC and her husband Russell coming in from CA. I can hardly wait to see everyone. I had better go get me another cup of spiced mocha to help keep me awake...lol. The stuff is delicious! I still have some clean sheets to put on beds. I have Azalea ironing dinner napkins. :) She is such great help.
I went out to the compost bin today and gathered up some red worms for another sister farmgirl. Azalea thought it was so much fun and just kept snapping pics...lol.

Cathy - Glad you could join us. This is a fun, supportive group. I can sure imagine the mess in the jacuzzi. Made me chuckle. Funny Cathy, I hated the name of "Azalea" when my daughter named her new baby. I warned her that Azalea would end up hating her for it. Now, I love it and I think it so fits her. As does Daisy and Lily's names.

Starletta- Not sure our age is a blessing, but we are wiser and can get away with alot more...lol.

Nancy- Enjoy your peaceful dinner tomorrow. I can't say this too loud, but oh how I long for just a little peace and quiet...lol. Our Thanksgiving dinner will be on Friday as my oldest son doesn't come into town until Fri. But I have granddaughters that have a gluten free diet and my oldest son's wife is Jewish, so I have to specially prepare most dishes and make sure the ham does not touch the turkey. Make sure the cooking utensils do not come into contact with wheat or flour. Whatever it takes to get them all home. :)

Linda - I am so glad that your daughters SIL is getting the help she needs. Will continue to pray for the family.

Glenda - I am afraid if I sit for long I will get more behind... :)

Darlys - No, I didn't make the camo... Momma picked it up at the farm store for her. But she did steal the coon skin hat from my laundry room. That Azalea is full of words.... but she reads constantly. Of course, unless she is sewing. :) Today she wanted to cut hankerchiefs and serge them to finish them all. Now everyone will get a blue striped hankerchief for Christmas....lol. I have no tissues here so the girls are becoming accustomed to hankerchiefs, and they actually don't mind.

Holly- The milkweed grows wild here as well, but not like it use to be. It use to be in every ditch in the midwest but the farmers and road crew spray so much for weeds anymore that there just isn't much.

Judy- I am glad your mother did have somewhat of a 'family reunion" at such a sad time. It is times like these that one needs to see those family members they have not seen in ages. It brings a sort of comfort.

Glenda - Here is your Pinterest sign. :) Oh yeah, you better call a doctor GF...lol.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  04:53:38 AM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Glenda That tip on weighing is so funny. I think I will try it tomorrow after my feast today. I am going to eat it up today. It is one day that I can enjoy eating without guilt. I will save the guilt for tomorrow!

Claudia, thank you for the reminder about writing down my stories. I have my mother's all written down but I have not written mine down. I want my children and grandchildren to have them after I am gone. I have had so many good times remembering the stories my mom has told me about her life and I am so glad they are written down for my kids to have.

Have to get to work now and start preparing some of the food for this afternoon. We will probably eat early. I am going to make some things ahead.

Patty, I like the sign about pinning. When I get on that Pinterest, I end up spending so much time. It is very addicting.

Hugs and good eating to you all,

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  05:21:15 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to all! Just wanted to wish everyone a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving Day!!! Enjoy your day!!
Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  06:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! enjoy that family time. wish i were around mine today..But we ARE having 2 of hubby's sisters here with their partial families, so it will NOT be quiet for awhile.
Welcome to the new girls. Whatever you need, it's here! :)

Claudia: I have kept a diary since age 13, but since i moved down to NC have not kept a record at all..but have thought of getting some memories down before they escape my mind too, after all, I'll be 60 next year, so kind of in the middle of both sides of the line. I remember my great grandmother and have a lot of stories like that to pass on...

Brenda: That's right, it's all in the attitude isn't it?

Glenda: LOVE that comic about the scales, to funny.

Well, off to do last minute meal preps. Got the potatoes peeled, need to slice cranberry sauce and bake crescents and that's it for the moment. Have a good day ladies! xoxo

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  06:58:17 AM  Show Profile
I wish every one a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

Heavenly Father, on Thanksgiving Day
We bow our hearts to You and pray.
We give You thanks for all You've done
Especially for the gift of Jesus, Your Son.
For beauty in nature, Your glory we see
For joy and health, friends and family,
For daily provision, Your mercy and care
These are the blessings You graciously share.
So today we offer this response of praise
With a promise to follow You all of our days.

--Mary Fairchild

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  07:43:01 AM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!!! Just enjoy your time with family and friends, We go to our son-in-laws family every Thanksgiving. It is just a blessing that the two families are so close. We have a big meal, yum-yum, and sit around and visit and plan games, adults and kids!! It's just a relaxing group. And we just keep adding new ones every year. Patty thank you so much for the beautiful saying, I'm writing that down. Would make wonderful cards. Could we touch in heart and mind right now for a word of prayer!

Dear Heavenly Father, Each one of us want to thank you for these new friends that we have met. The longer we are together, the closer we get. Lord I truely feel that you have guided us here, to find a friendship with each other of liked minds and heart. Watch over each of our sisters and bless them with your love. That they will all enjoy this wonderful day to celebrate all the good and blessing that you have brought each one of us. In your most precious name, AMEN

Ok, off we all go to start the cooking and baking! Eat up, for tomorrow you can try out the new scale idea! Love each and everyone of you, and thank the Lord everyday.

Big farmgirl HUGS, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

countrygrace
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Grace
Salkum WA
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  07:50:32 AM  Show Profile
Add me to the list of over 50 too, Iam 57 years young, more to come God willing...

http://home.earthlink.net/~daveandgrace/
"From Our Heart With Our Hands"

For quality handmade gifts at reasonable prices
Please recommend us to your Family & Friends.

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  09:21:30 AM  Show Profile
Amen.

And Happy Thanksgiving.

Love you, gfs!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  10:22:07 AM  Show Profile
You ladies are wonderful, Happy Thanksgiving and welcome to you Grace. It is difficult weighing the new way. If you're not careful the scale will fall off and knock you in the head. Cathy

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  12:44:50 PM  Show Profile
Grace Welcome, so happy to have you part of us. We have some good time here. Think I'm going to lay down for awhile. Dinner over and cleaned up. If I don't rest, I'll never get my legs up to hold the scale tomorrow. Had a wonderful time with family and friends. Two new ones this year. Yeah!!!! Later girls, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  12:51:59 PM  Show Profile
Ha ha.... I'm fixing lasagna today as we had turkey Monday when Nikki & her family, Mom & DH & I were together.We've had turkey since & I am ready for a change. Seems so funny, because although we celebrated Monday, today is Thanksgiving & it just doesn't feel like it. I hope you all have a marvelous get-together. Are you all going to go shopping on Black Friday...many places opening up tonight? There are some good sales, as our newpaper was so heavy, I needed the wheelbarrow. We are trying to be very conscious of controlling our spending etc. For our granddaughters, we are going to make sure they have some good things...clothes & such for school. The youngest wants a monster high doll, I think. Have to google them. Don't know how much they cost or what they looklike. Just not happy about their names..leads me to weird pictures in my head. It rained Monday night and the wind blew. We lost most of our snow, so I'm hoping the folks in Weiser, ID (ahem,,,you know who you are) get the next big batch of snow. I couldn't believe it was 52 degrees yesterday. It was 10 last weekend. This weather is crazy.

Also, I am looking at the over 50's list for November, and I only have 3 down for birthdays...is that correct?

Well, as you do your turkey..I'd best get to the lasagna. Hugs you ladies.

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  1:39:57 PM  Show Profile

I have yet to start the lasagna...so I'm signing off now.

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  3:16:24 PM  Show Profile
Lasagna in the oven, as is an apple pie. Grace, I forgot to welcome you. You live in very beautiful country. Dan & I camped at Ike Kinswa State Pk. It was beautiful ... so much moss and ferns. We had been to Taidnapam Camp. There were so many little baby frogs all over. I was afraid to walk for fear of stepping on them. Anyway, it was neat to be so close to Rainier and Mt st Helens. So I hope you have a wonderful time here. The ladies are grand, so much heart.

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  4:31:25 PM  Show Profile
Anyone going shopping tomorrow? I will be home enjoying an extra cup of coffee, crafting, and putting up holiday decorations. If you go out - enjoy! Claudia, how was the lasagna? Anything would be better than leftovers at this point. Right now I'd give away my hubby for a hamburger. (just kidding) Been eating left overs all week! I'm entertaining again Sat, but we will not be eating turkey and other traditional stuff!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page